Professed Believers - Thrown out of the Kingdom - Not Clothed Right - Warning from Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stop playing games with us...
You are more than welcome to just put me on ignore, if you would like to, cause as I also told you before I am not here to entertain you. If you desire to believe that Jesus Christ is still coming back you are free to do so. I don't have any judgement towards you as a human being, at all, sir. Just trying to keep in step with the spirit, and I have no reason to boast, however having read the gospels and the letters a few times over helps with more understanding of what is being said, and it's important for all individuals to do such a thing. Because I use to believe Jesus Christ was returning, then I changed my mind, and started to believe Yeshua was never wrong, and nor were the Apostles. Whatever you choose to do for you yourself is up to you cause I as a man will never satistfy anyone, its impossible. Only Yahava is capable of satisfying in my opinion, which can come from find rest for one soul by coming unto Christ Yeshua.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for all the comments and bumping of the thread, GeneZ.

Good night.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why is God saying to the one who is sitting who is not properly clothed, to be tossed out of the wedding feast?

GeneZ

Aug 20, 2023
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why is God saying to the one who is sitting who is not properly clothed, to be tossed out of the wedding feast?
That was spoken to Jews, not the church.

Jews before the church age had wedding customs we are not familiar with today.

Maybe, if you really wish to know?
Study the isagogics of the Jewish dispensation and their wedding customs.
Or, find a rare, good pastor-teacher, who is able to explain it to you.

That requires not guessing as you assume it would.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 22​

The Parable of the Wedding Banquet​

22 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.
4 “Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’
5 “But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7 The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.
8 “Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.
13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

Not wearing the proper garments? May suppose that Paul wrote about the proper garments here?
Eph 6:11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

GeneZ

Aug 20, 2023
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 6:11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

You keep trying to apply Church age doctrine to what was a Jewish age reality.

Jesus spoke to Jews as a rabbi would be teaching Jews.
Not as a Church age pastor who has NT teachings.
OT believers who believed and died before Pentecost were not the Bride of Christ!

You need to learn that factor, lest you keep tripping over your untied sandals.

Maybe you'll walk away from this thread having learned at least that much.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was spoken to Jews, not the church.

Jews before the church age had wedding customs we are not familiar with today.

Maybe, if you really wish to know?
Study the isagogics of the Jewish dispensation and their wedding customs.
Or, find a rare, good pastor-teacher, who is able to explain it to you.

That requires not guessing as you assume it would.
I see it as spoken to the eventual bride of Christ which Jesus would come to take back the spotless, church which the gates of hell would not prevail against, and establish a heavenly kingdom that would never go away, and remain forever increasing. You may not agree I suppose. To me there is something to gleam from when reading some of these sayings of the Lord, in my opinion.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is a great thing to be close, open, and honest with the Maker, and the Creator of all things. Hope you are well.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You keep trying to apply Church age doctrine to what was a Jewish age reality.

Jesus spoke to Jews as a rabbi would be teaching Jews.
Not as a Church age pastor who has NT teachings.

You need to learn that factor, lest you keep tripping over your untied sandals.

Maybe you'll walk away from this thread having learned at least that much.
Are you confusing me with someone else? You responded to my first and only post on this thread.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a great thing to be close, open, and honest with the Maker, and the Creator of all things. Hope you are well.
Well or even better than might be expected for a man who is now cancer free and looking forward to his 80th birthday within two months! Give God the glory!

How are you doing my friend?

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well or even better than might be expected for a man who is now cancer free and looking forward to his 80th birthday within two months! Give God the glory!

How are you doing my friend?
Praise be to the God of all the living, Yahava/Yahweh/Jehovah as people know some form of his name that we have. May your fellowship continue to be with the Father and the Son of God, John. :) Continue to keep, seeking and following in abiding in the Lord Yeshua and the same to all people to worship God in spirit and truth, and you will be given life, spiritual life.

Reactions: amadeus

GeneZ

Aug 20, 2023
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it as spoken to the eventual bride of Christ which Jesus would come to take back the spotless, church which the gates of hell would not prevail against, and establish a heavenly kingdom that would never go away, and remain forever increasing. You may not agree I suppose. To me there is something to gleam from when reading some of these sayings of the Lord, in my opinion.

The Jews who Jesus taught, he taught as a rabbi would teach Jews.
It was according to the Torah they learned from.

I gave you objective truth.

Argue all you wish.
It does not change reality.

Church age reality was a mystery to the Jews before Pentecost took place.

Ephesians 3:3-5​
that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly.
In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,
which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed
by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets.
You cited passages penned by Paul!

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews who Jesus taught, he taught as a rabbi would teach Jews.
It was according to the Torah they learned from.

I gave you objective truth.

Argue all you wish.
It does not change reality.

Church age reality was a mystery to the Jews before Pentecost took place.

Ephesians 3:3-5​
that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly.
In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,
which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed
by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets.
You cited passages penned by Paul!

Thank you for sharing your point of view, @GeneZ. I do not think you are stupid, nor that you are not well learned in reading the bible. I am not here to argue and fight with others however to try and get a long. If you would like to go back and read the original post that might help to see why I do see it another way, but then again perhaps maybe not. I love you and many people here as a brother and sister in Christ, and may people here know there bible well and that is a great thing.

It seems you already have an issue with me believing that Jesus has already come back, and am a study for you; that is not good in my opinion.

GeneZ

Aug 20, 2023
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing your point of view, @GeneZ. I do not think you are stupid, nor that you are not well learned in reading the bible.

Proverbs 12:1, tells us plainly whom God sees as stupid.

Yes.. God can call believers 'stupid.'

His words.

"Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but whoever hates correction is stupid."

And, we all will need to be corrected at times!
God's Word guarantees that we will!

For it says....

Isaiah 55:8-9

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

As we mature in Christ we must learn to stop assuming that Jesus thinks like we do,
no matter how well intended we may think we are being!

Its those who arrogantly refuse correction?
They will fail to glorify Christ.
Instead.. they seek self glory.

grace and peace!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing Genez. People who hate correction are foolish, that is what the Psalm or proverb says? That relates to growing and learning in wisdom, you are right. Also it true, that our own human thoughts and ways, are not God's ways, and that is why the way, the Lord Yeshua is needed to show us the way to go and learn from his wisdom, while people may make the choice, to choose to do what they want to rather than what God would desire them to do by and through the holy spirit, and the spirit of Christ which resides in a person who seeks after God in faith. The Father in heaven can chasten any of his adopted children, and that would be in times where they caused their neighbor ill, or failed in loving God first, or loving others second. Anyone who loves someone as their self will love themselves which is to love wisdom and understanding.

GeneZ

Aug 20, 2023
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing Genez. People who hate correction are foolish, that is what the Psalm or proverb says? That relates to growing and learning in wisdom, you are right. Also it true, that our own human thoughts and ways, are not God's ways, and that is why the way, the Lord Yeshua is needed to show us the way to go and learn from his wisdom, while people may make the choice, to choose to do what they want to rather than what God would desire them to do by and through the holy spirit, and the spirit of Christ which resides in a person who seeks after God in faith. The Father in heaven can chasten any of his adopted children, and that would be in times where they caused their neighbor ill, or failed in loving God first, or loving others second. Anyone who loves someone as their self will love themselves which is to love wisdom and understanding.
Good bye, sir....

You have been shown enough mercy.

grace and peace .............