Where Is Heaven? Outer Space?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are your qualifications to be able to knock NASA, science (pseudo science) theologians with a masters in divinity etc?
Let's start with the most important.

I am a born again Christian, filled with the Holy Ghost (you know the Spirit of Truth, whom Jesus promised to lead me into all truth) who believes his Bible (KJB).

I have 3 Masters of Divinity (The Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost).

Faith1960

Jun 16, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's start with the most important.

I am a born again Christian, filled with the Holy Ghost (you know the Spirit of Truth, whom Jesus promised to lead me into all truth) who believes his Bible (KJB).

I have 3 Masters of Divinity (The Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost).

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T'ain't no such thang. Devils exist here, with us. They are just often most times 'invisible' (can not be seen by the eye).

Elijah could see into the spirit world, and prayed for his scared servant to be able to see the spirit world, which BTW existed before the physical world was created:

2Ki 6:15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?

2Ki 6:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

2Ki 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: an, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Reactions: Faith1960

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

According to the SDA, Moses’ soul along with his dead body is taking a dirt nap in the grave awaiting the resurrection.

The fact that Moses’ spirit appears on the mount of transfiguration, and that John sees souls of martyrs who came out of the tribulation, under the altar in heaven and talking to God, disproves soul sleep nicely.

As Jesus said, God isn’t the God of a bunch of dead saints snoozing with their dead bodies in mud, but is the God of the living.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there more dimensions than 4? According to scientists there can possibly be up to 10.

I have no idea. I know string theory has ten dimensions existing, but I can’t wrap my head around how more than four is possible.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are there more dimensions than 4? According to scientists there can possibly be up to 10.
There is no need for more than three dimensions, but Heaven is in a realm or dimension outside the comprehension of those on earth. That it has only three dimension is also confirmed by the dimension of the New Jerusalem (L x W x H).

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no need for more than three dimensions, but Heaven is in a realm or dimension outside the comprehension of those on earth. That it has only three dimension is also confirmed by the dimension of the New Jerusalem (L x W x H).
Except the fourth dimension is time.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most times, the cat can hear scratching in the ceiling by bugs, roaches, mice, lizards, etc. It is rarely ever a devil hiding in the attic. A devil may be present in a room, invisible (even as angels of God can be), true, but that has nothing to do with 'another dimension'.

Except balaams donkey saw the angel blocking the road and stopped. Balaams eyes were opened, so he too saw the angel standing there.

The spirit world isn’t a dimension, we co exist in it, but lost the ability to see it after Adam fell.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Enoch and Elijah were taken up to heaven, but where is heaven? Are they floating around in space somewhere? Is heaven in outer space or a different dimension?
Why haven’t any astronauts been able to see it?
I understand it to be in the third heaven.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the SDA, Moses’ soul along with his dead body is taking a dirt nap in the grave awaiting the resurrection.
No, as stated on several occasions, Moses is resurrected already and glorified, being alive in the 3rd Heaven with Jesus (and Elijah and Enoch and the Firstfruits).

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except balaams donkey saw the angel blocking the road and stopped. Balaams eyes were opened, so he too saw the angel standing there.

The spirit world isn’t a dimension, we co exist in it, but lost the ability to see it after Adam fell.
That's not "spirit world", that's "spiritual world" and it deals with faith. The first is spiritualism, the second is describing that which is second to nature (1 Corinthians 15:46).

"eyes" being opened is not referring to physical sight, (see Genesis 3:5), but understanding or knowledge and experience that is registered in the mind. Like the saying that Enoch should not "see" (experience) death.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you have no educational background in any of these, correct?
Try to keep up, will you?

First the theories revolve around the falsified "Big Bang" (Jesuit Georges Henri LeMaitre, SJ - Georges Lemaître - Wikipedia , and others):

Ex-NASA engineer, ex-Atheist (now Christian and YEC (Young Earth Creation)) debunks the Big Bang:

MENSA (CORE Ottowa) member and Mechanical (Robotics, like ORV's (Subs.)) Engineer debunks the Big Bang:

Ph.D. Nuclear Physicist (Oak Ridge National Labs) disproves Big Bang:

I will cite sources, just so people can follow along and be unable to say I 'made' it up, or do not understand or have any background in it (I will highlight in Bold Blue with underline where given, all else is original):

"... string theory has undergone many developments and changes. By the mid-1990s, the theory was developed in 5 different independent string theories, but in 1995, it was realized that all versions where different aspects of the same theory named M-theory (M for “membrane” or the “mother of all string theories”).

It has now become the focus of theoretical work for its success in explaining both gravity and the inside of an atom at the same time. One of the most important aspects of the theory is that it requires the 11-dimensional space with one time coordinate and 10 other spatial coordinates. ..." - How Many Dimensions Are There? 11-Dimensional World and String Theory - Learning Mind

There is an a priori involved. It "requires". The maths didn't lead them, their 'theory' (aka 'guess') requires the direction of at least 11 dimensions (10 +1). There is no scientific evidence or repeatable demonstrable cause and effect involved. It's just numbers on a chalk board.

"... By the 1960s, physicists had discovered two additional forces of nature, both operating at the subatomic scale. Called the weak nuclear force and the strong nuclear force, they are responsible for some types of radioactivity and for holding quarks together to form the protons and neutrons that make up atomic nuclei. In the late 1960s, as physicists began to explore the new subject of string theory (which posits that particles are like minuscule rubber bands vibrating in space), Kaluza’s and Klein’s ideas bubbled back into awareness, and theorists gradually began to wonder if the two subatomic forces could also be described in terms of spacetime geometry.

It turns out that in order to encompass both of these two forces, we have to add another five dimensions to our mathematical description. There’s no a priori reason it should be five; and, again, none of these additional dimensions relates directly to our sensory experience. They are just there in the mathematics. So this gets us to the 10 dimensions of string theory. Here there are the four large-scale dimensions of spacetime (described by general relativity), plus an extra six ‘compact’ dimensions (one for electromagnetism and five for the nuclear forces), all curled up in some fiendishly complex, scrunched-up, geometric structure. ..." - How many dimensions are there, and what do they do to reality? | Aeon Essays

Notice, the maths describing the natural universe didn't originally show anything of this. It came about by several "theories" and was placed into the maths at an attempt to unify all theories and known phenomena and guessed at phenomena. There was no evidence in any of it to even suggest that it could, should or ought to be unified in the first place. They simply tried to smash their theories (guessing) and maths together. In other words the math did not lead them, they lead the maths based upon how they thought the universe began and ran (beginning with their Big Bang and expansions).

"... More confusion about higher dimensions was generated in the press beginning in 1984, when physicists became excited about so-called "string theory.'' Physicists have never been able to work out a theory of gravitation that is consistent with quantum mechanics and also has some feature that indicates it might be uniquely correct! String theory provided a geometrical description of quantum processes that incorporated gravity very naturally. But three other forces besides gravity are known. Borrowing the idea of Kaluza and Klein, physicists incorporated the other three forces and their "couplings" by adding space dimensions— the only thing you can do in a theory that is purely geometric. A typical string theory had 9 or 10 space dimensions and 1 time dimension. The extra space dimensions had to be there to incorporate phenomena other than gravity geometrically, but they could not "actually'' be there or the theory would not have worked. ...

... So far, physicists have no concrete idea as to what a unified theory of all quantum processes and gravity might look like, but it is certainly possible that such theories will remain multi-dimensional. It is important to realise that these theories have absolutely no contact with experiment at present. There is no experimental evidence of any kind whatsoever for dimensions beyond the usual four." - Higher Dimensions?

"... Let start with its hypotheses. Can we measure or observe the one-dimensional vibrating strings of energy that form the core hypotheses of string theory? The answer is no, and that is an emphatic no. We cannot measure them with today’s science, and it is unlikely that we will ever be able to measure them. According string theorist the one-dimensional vibrating strings of energy are about equal to the Planck length, which is the smallest length science theorizes to exist. It is equal to 1.616199(97)×10^−35 meters and is defined from three fundamental physical constants, which I won’t to into here for the sake of brevity. The problem is that today’s science is unable to measure anything smaller than 10^-18 meters, which is billions of times larger than a Planck length. Many in the science community do not think we will ever be able to measure a Planck length, regardless of improvements in measurement technology. Therefore, the first significant problem with string theory is that its hypotheses are not verifiable. ..." - Is String Theory Pseudoscience? | Science Technology Savvy Life Strategies
It's all just mental brain-farting, that is vomited upon a blackboard, based upon a disproven, or rather falsified, myth of origins that began from a religious amalgamation from a known order of charlatans in the anti-christian system that denies the plain word of God by its utter disbelief therein.

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you have no educational background in any of these, correct?
Tell you what. Tell me the actual descent velocities of the Phoenix Mars Lander from space to touchdown, along with the methods of each stage (free fall entry, chute, rocket engine, air bubble, etc), the PSI index of atmosphere at each stage, and the time index in which each supposedly occurred (be careful not to mix up the various stories, for it would be worse than the stories themselves) along with a total:

If you can do that, and the maths works out, I will know you have enough comprehension of the subject to even discuss it with you. I left the videos as a small sampling, but feel free to ignore those and get your information straight from NASA (please cite your sources directly). It'll be a hoot.

PS, feel free, at any time, to answer any of the other pertinent questions I have asked on this subject in this thread. I'll be waiting, but not holding my breath.

Faith1960

Jun 16, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell you what. Tell me the actual descent velocities of the Phoenix Mars Lander from space to touchdown, along with the methods of each stage (free fall entry, chute, rocket engine, air bubble, etc), the PSI index of atmosphere at each stage, and the time index in which each supposedly occurred (be careful not to mix up the various stories, for it would be worse than the stories themselves) along with a total:

If you can do that, and the maths works out, I will know you have enough comprehension of the subject to even discuss it with you. I left the videos as a small sampling, but feel free to ignore those and get your information straight from NASA (please cite your sources directly). It'll be a hoot.

PS, feel free, at any time, to answer any of the other pertinent questions I have asked on this subject in this thread. I'll be waiting, but not holding my breath.
I guess the answer in a big “no”.

Faith1960

Jun 16, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah, don’t hold your breath. Reading a bunch of fringe hoo-ha and conspiracy theories doesn’t make one an expert.