Where Is Heaven? Outer Space?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An older long time Christian and I were talking about this issue.
"Where is Heaven"
I said: "You will find out, because you are going there".
She said: "Where ever that is.....I hope so".

The "I hope so" answer surprised me.

Hello Gary!
Who knows why she said that, the evil one is casting a whole slew of doubts into Christians heads, especially since "he knows his time is short". Do you think that she may be having cognitive issues?
If you know her well enough to know that she once did have confidence in her salvation then it would make me wonder.
Lotsa love,
In Christ

Reactions: Triumph1300

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Seeing @quietthinker does not know any better, that is all he could muster!

"These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven...." and said: "Father..." John 17:1
you gotta remember that by the definition of large slabs of Christians I qualify as a hairy tic ...ahhh, I mean heretic. I really don't mind because I have learned there is a certain joy amongst those who don't qualify as sheeple...:)

Ahhhh, sheeple! they don't know what questions to ask so they prattle on about irrelevancies....and because they don't ask they don't get. I've got a funny feeling I've heard this before.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch and Elijah were taken up to heaven, but where is heaven? Are they floating around in space somewhere? Is heaven in outer space or a different dimension?
Why haven’t any astronauts been able to see it?
Do you have any idea how many thousands of light years the universe spans?

Astronauts haven’t even been to the edge of our solar system, let alone the universe.

What makes you think what the astronauts haven’t seen is relevant?

God has complete control of time and the ten dimensions, 6 of which we can’t experience or see into.

Saying we haven’t seen it means nothing.

Heaven could be another dimension in space, or another timeline in space - we have no way of knowing, or even speculating intelligently on its location in space or time.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know, Nancy.
This was awhile ago and I did not know her that well.
Just recently I heard she passed away.
104 years old.
God bless her heart! She's home. Maybe she faltered a bit with her faith for the moment, but then "He is faithful, even when we're not"

Reactions: Waiting on him

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch and Elijah were taken up to heaven, but where is heaven? Are they floating around in space somewhere? Is heaven in outer space or a different dimension?
Why haven’t any astronauts been able to see it?
Scripture describes more than one heaven and even mentions a heaven of heavens. Technically, the sky above us is the first heaven. Eg. Birds fly in the heavens.