Where is the reformation in the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible is the foundation of God's words to the world.

Maybe a more accurate question with that in mind is, where is the Roman Rite Catholic church sustained in its rites and rituals in the bible?

Where are we told to implore the dead to beseech God to answer our prayers?

Where are we told to venerate Jesus' mother as co-redemptrix and intercessor?
Where are we told to sprinkle infants and thus "baptize" them into the church?

Where are we told the dead in Christ enter a place called purgatory? But may be freed early through the payment if indulgences to the church. Where is that found in scripture.
Where are we told we must confess our sins to a priest, commit to the penance he decides appropriate, because he has the authority to forgive sins?

Why did the RRCC omit redemption of the sinner by their asking God to forgive their sins when they first come to Christ in faith , that they are then reborn as a new creation in Christ, that God remembers their sins no more.

Where instead is it written the faithful have to repent their sins to a priest and receive forgiveness, or they are in danger of losing their salvation?
Where is it written a Christian need receive last rites?

Before the last Pope decreed it closed, where was the scripture that sustained the existence of a place called, Limbo? And where is it written that God would change his mind about that place and close it?

Where is it written that statuary dedicated to those dead in the RRCC and elected to the status of Saint, are to be memorialized as idols, statuary, and erected in the church?
Where is it written we should pray to them?
Where are "holy relics" affirmed in the Bible.

Where is the office of Pope, in scripture. Where is Papal Infallibility described in scripture?

Are you, in the OP query, asking for answers derived from the 66 books of the bible? Or the 73?

I don’t think limbo is a doctrine
It’s simply the state of I baptized babies who die, they are in the mercy of God, but cannot go to heaven cos of original sin, jn 3:5 Must be born again by Christian baptism water and the spirit
infant baptism acts 2:38-39
This promise (Gods promise is a sacred oath also known as a sacrament) ez 36:25-27 Christian baptism is to your children also

in the church the communion of saints
They are alive not dead and pray for us
Rev 5:8

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think limbo is a doctrine
It’s simply the state of I baptized babies who die, they are in the mercy of God, but cannot go to heaven cos of original sin, jn 3:5 Must be born again by Christian baptism water and the spirit
infant baptism acts 2:38-39
This promise (Gods promise is a sacred oath also known as a sacrament) ez 36:25-27 Christian baptism is to your children also
You are correct, Limbo was not a doctrine of the church.
Whatever Happened to Limbo?
"The other understanding of limbo refers to the permanent place and state of the souls of those who have died without baptism and without mortal sin, particularly the souls of infants. These souls are denied eternal life in Heaven and the Beatific Vision due solely to the effects of Original Sin. This understanding of limbo is denoted as limbus infantium or limbus puerorum."

And no, this theology of the RRCC does not apply to my children.

Newborns are from God. Imagine a god that would let them be born alive yet condemned to hell because they are stained with original sin. Destined to hell should they die before infant baptism.
Whereas, given that belief, should they perish in the womb they return to God.
This would make miscarriage, the body's spontaneous act of abortion, and even abortion, salvation.

While the Bible tells us we are not born in original sin.
“Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.
Deuteronomy 24:16

in the church the communion of saints
They are alive not dead and pray for us
Rev 5:8
I don't believe that scripture says what you believe it to say.

Revelation 5:8And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
"
8. had taken—Greek, "took."

fell down before the Lamb—who shares worship and the throne with the Father.

harps—Two oldest manuscripts, A, B, Syriac and Coptic read, "a harp": a kind of guitar, played with the hand or a quill.

vials—"bowls" [Tregelles]; censers.

odours—Greek, "incense."

prayers of saints—as the angel offers their prayers (Re 8:3) with incense (compare Ps 141:2). This gives not the least sanction to Rome's dogma of our praying to saints. Though they be employed by God in some way unknown to us to present our prayers (nothing is said of their interceding for us), yet we are told to pray only to Him (Re 19:10; 22:8, 9). Their own employment is praise (whence they all have harps): ours is prayer."
Source:Revelation 5:8 Commentaries: When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Precisely.
Infants cannot choose to believe in Jesus. Ergo, when Jesus said except ye turn, and become as little children, ye shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven, it would make little sense were we condemned at birth to be original sin bearers when Jesus said we must come to him in faith to be saved.
Infants do not choose to be baptized. Baptism is chosen for them by parents who hold faith their newborn is damned at birth. Because they have faith in the doctrine the church teaches them.
However, that is not what God teaches in his word.

I do agree your thread appears as an attack on Protestantism and Protestants.

Why do you feel led to do this? :(:confused:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe a more accurate question with that in mind is, where is the Roman Rite Catholic church sustained in its rites and rituals in the bible?

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

One would be Christian sacrament of baptism

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (IBaptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

One would be Christian sacrament of baptism

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (IBaptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!
One thing in brief as pertains to your last observation about baptism.
Jesus was full grown when John baptized him by submersion, not sprinkling of holy water, in the Jordan river.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Images are not forbidden, such as the cherubim on the ark of the covenant exod 25:18 and the bronze serpent num 21:9 and Jn 3:14 are not forbidden but even commanded, graven or worshiped images are forbidden such as the golden calf!

Bowing down or posture does not equal worship or adoration!

Worship requires intent!
You must have the intent to worship God properly!

Worship requires intent, offering of sacrifice, a ordained priesthood, adoration, reparation, thanksgiving, and petition!

Bowing or posture does not equal worship!

Genesis 23:12
And Abraham bowed down himself before the people of the land.

Genesis 42:6
And Joseph was the governor over the land, and he it was that sold to all the people of the land: and Joseph's brethren came, and bowed down themselves before him with their faces to the earth.

Bowing a sign of obedience!

Genesis 43:28
And they answered, Thy servant our father is in good health, he is yet alive. And they bowed down their heads, and made obeisance.

1 Kings 1:53
So king Solomon sent, and they brought him down from the altar. And he came and bowed himself to king Solomon: and Solomon said unto him, Go to thine house.

1 Kings 2:19
Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her

If you kneel next to your bed to say your prayers at night are you worshiping your bed? No!

I have been a catholic all my life and I’m 60 and I have never worshiped Mary or the saints or a statute!

Reverence, veneration, love and devotion yes! Worship no!

Imitation of the the life and virtues of the saints! Yes a husband and father should imitate Saint Joseph, his life of godliness and virtue, patience and obedience and faithfulness! The family should imitate the holy family of Nazareth!
Exodus 20:4-6 “You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods.

Deuteronomy 4:23-24 23 Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the Lord your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the Lord thy God hath forbidden thee.
24 For the Lord thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

Further, there is no scripture that tells us to pray to the dead. Quite the opposite in fact.

Ecclesiastes 9:5
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Should we pray to or speak to the dead?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct, Limbo was not a doctrine of the church.
"The other understanding of limbo refers to the permanent place and state of the souls of those who have died without baptism and without mortal sin, particularly the souls of infants. These souls are denied eternal life in Heaven and the Beatific Vision due solely to the effects of Original Sin. This understanding of limbo is denoted as limbus infantium or limbus puerorum."

And no, this theology of the RRCC does not apply to my children.

Newborns are from God. Imagine a god that would let them be born alive yet condemned to hell because they are stained with original sin. Destined to hell should they die before infant baptism.
Whereas, given that belief, should they perish in the womb they return to God.
This would make miscarriage, the body's spontaneous act of abortion, and even abortion, salvation.

While the Bible tells us we are not born in original sin.
“Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.
Deuteronomy 24:16

I don't believe that scripture says what you believe it to say.

Revelation 5:8And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
"
8. had taken—Greek, "took."

fell down before the Lamb—who shares worship and the throne with the Father.

harps—Two oldest manuscripts, A, B, Syriac and Coptic read, "a harp": a kind of guitar, played with the hand or a quill.

vials—"bowls" [Tregelles]; censers.

odours—Greek, "incense."

prayers of saints—as the angel offers their prayers (Re 8:3) with incense (compare Ps 141:2). This gives not the least sanction to Rome's dogma of our praying to saints. Though they be employed by God in some way unknown to us to present our prayers (nothing is said of their interceding for us), yet we are told to pray only to Him (Re 19:10; 22:8, 9). Their own employment is praise (whence they all have harps): ours is prayer."
Source:Revelation 5:8 Commentaries: When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
Precisely.
Infants cannot choose to believe in Jesus. Ergo, when Jesus said except ye turn, and become as little children, ye shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven, it would make little sense were we condemned at birth to be original sin bearers when Jesus said we must come to him in faith to be saved.
Infants do not choose to be baptized. Baptism is chosen for them by parents who hold faith their newborn is damned at birth. Because they have faith in the doctrine the church teaches them.
However, that is not what God teaches in his word.

I do agree your thread appears as an attack on Protestantism and Protestants.

Why do you feel led to do this? :(:confused:

because Protestant doctrine is condemned heresy

limbo is not permanent nor is it hell

infants can believe
Matt 18:6

only Christian baptism can remove original sin and make us members of Christ
Mk 16:16 acts 2:38 Acts 8
Faith and baptism

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 20:4-6 “You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods.

Deuteronomy 4:23-24 23 Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the Lord your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the Lord thy God hath forbidden thee.

Further, there is no scripture that tells us to pray to the dead. Quite the opposite in fact.

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Fundamentalist blindness

the iconoclasm was condemned by the holy apostles in council in the 8th century

Images are not forbidden
Worshipping images is forbidden

drunkenness is forbidden not drinking

God commanded images to be made
Angels over the ark of the covenant

Gal 3: O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Saints are not dead
The communion of saints of all saints
Are alive in Christ

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?
I’ll answer one:

office of pope and error free
Matt 16:18
And Jn 8:32 and
John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:
One problem. Peter was married so the celibate state of priests and the Pope do not comport with that fact.

Secondly, the church is not built upon a man, the Pope. The rock Jesus was referring to is God.
Peter was one Apostle. All the Apostles were given the great commission. To build the church, the body of the individuals , holy spirit filled believers, on the word of The Word.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Deuteronomy 32:4

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, a small rock and upon the large rock I will build my congregation {Gr. ekklesia – called out ones}, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against her. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of the heavens, and whatever thou shalt bind on the earth shall be bound in the heavens, and whatever thou shalt loose on the earth shall be loosed in the heaven.” (Mat 16:18-19 Jubilee Bible 2000)

Jesus was making a prediction about the future. Therefore, it was a prophecy. When he was speaking with his apostles here in Matthew 16, he likely spoke in either Hebrew or Aramaic, or possibly Greek. But what we do know is that Matthew is written in Greek. In the original Greek that Matthew wrote in, Petros – “A Piece of Rock” – is in the feminine gender. So Peter, to whom Jesus was speaking, was a small rock who would become one of the twelve foundation stones of the Church. Whereas Jesus, the “rock-mass,” would be the foundation cornerstone up which the Church was to be built. You can easily see this by looking at Ephesians 2:19-20 (NJB): “So you are no longer aliens or foreign visitors; you are fellow-citizens with the holy people of God and part of God’s household. You are built upon the foundations of the apostles and prophets, and Christ Jesus himself is the cornerstone.”

And also in 1 Peter 2:6 (NIV): “For in Scripture it says: ‘See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.'” "
Source & more reading: Who is the Rock the Church is Built On? - Bible Authenticity

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was full grown when John baptized him by submersion, not sprinkling of holy water, in the Jordan river.

ez 36:25 I (God) shall sprinkle you with clean water.....
Immersion is also acceptable

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

so if were not baptized by John in the Jordan then we’re not baptized???

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not the saints are not dead
  1. John 11:25
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Tran

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
because Protestant doctrine is condemned heresy.
What are you then, a Catholic, spending time amid we the condemned heritics?

limbo is not permanent nor is it hell
Never said it was. It's closed per the last Pope. Did you read the link?

infants can believe
Matt 18:6
Newborns cannot. Nor can they choose to be baptized.

The links below do not say we are born in original sin. The sins of the father, Adam, by whom sin entered into the world, was responsible for his own sin. As are we . The scripture says the sins of the father do not pass to the son. We are each responsible for our own sins.
Imagine the god that would give a newborn life just so they could be destined for hell taking their first breath in this world.
And if we must become like little children to enter the kingdom of heaven, that would mean we are to remain dead in our original sin to enter the kingdom of heaven. Because that verse from Jesus own words does not include baptized.
I.E we must become like little baptized children to see the kingdom of heaven.

only Christian baptism can remove original sin and make us members of Christ
Mk 16:16 acts 2:38 Acts 8
Faith and baptism

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

Reactions: Wrangler

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ez 36:25 I (God) shall sprinkle you with clean water.....
Immersion is also acceptable

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
You wish to be admitted into the faith and practice of the law amid the Hebrew "church"?
That verse refers to that rite. As outlined in Numbers 19: 8-9, and other scriptures in the OT.

People of Christ are New Testament church, not old.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not the saints are not dead
  1. John 11:25
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Tran
That does not say the dead intercede for the living, not are to be prayed to.

Where is the scripture that tells us to pray to the dead to intercede on our behalf with God?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One problem. Peter was married so the celibate state of priests and the Pope do not comport with that fact.

Secondly, the church is not built upon a man, the Pope. The rock Jesus was referring to is God.
Peter was one Apostle. All the Apostles were given the great commission. To build the church, the body of the individuals , holy spirit filled believers, on the word of The Word.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Deuteronomy 32:4

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, a small rock and upon the large rock I will build my congregation {Gr. ekklesia – called out ones}, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against her. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of the heavens, and whatever thou shalt bind on the earth shall be bound in the heavens, and whatever thou shalt loose on the earth shall be loosed in the heaven.” (Mat 16:18-19 Jubilee Bible 2000)

Jesus was making a prediction about the future. Therefore, it was a prophecy. When he was speaking with his apostles here in Matthew 16, he likely spoke in either Hebrew or Aramaic, or possibly Greek. But what we do know is that Matthew is written in Greek. In the original Greek that Matthew wrote in, Petros – “A Piece of Rock” – is in the feminine gender. So Peter, to whom Jesus was speaking, was a small rock who would become one of the twelve foundation stones of the Church. Whereas Jesus, the “rock-mass,” would be the foundation cornerstone up which the Church was to be built. You can easily see this by looking at Ephesians 2:19-20 (NJB): “So you are no longer aliens or foreign visitors; you are fellow-citizens with the holy people of God and part of God’s household. You are built upon the foundations of the apostles and prophets, and Christ Jesus himself is the cornerstone.”

And also in 1 Peter 2:6 (NIV): “For in Scripture it says: ‘See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.'” "
Source & more reading: Who is the Rock the Church is Built On? - Bible Authenticity

celibacy is a discipline not a doctrine
The church can change a discipline but not a doctrine

Jesus is the builder of the church
He builds the church on the apostles eph 2:20
Peter and the apostles have authority

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments the abundant life of grace!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Matt 16:17-19

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you then, a Catholic, spending time amid we the condemned heritics?

Never said it was. It's closed per the last Pope. Did you read the link?

Newborns cannot. Nor can they choose to be baptized.

The links below do not say we are born in original sin. The sins of the father, Adam, by whom sin entered into the world, was responsible for his own sin. As are we . The scripture says the sins of the father do not pass to the son. We are each responsible for our own sins.
Imagine the god that would give a newborn life just so they could be destined for hell taking their first breath in this world.
And if we must become like little children to enter the kingdom of heaven, that would mean we are to remain dead in our original sin to enter the kingdom of heaven. Because that verse from Jesus own words does not include baptized.
I.E we must become like little baptized children to see the kingdom of heaven.

1. Romans 5:12
    Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

2. Romans 5:16
    And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

3. Romans 5:19
    For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

It’s not a bible study but a covenant
    There must be an outward sign
    A initiation ritual
    Christian baptism
    And children are included
    Acts 2:38-39

Acts 8:12
    But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
    Faith and baptism Mk 16:16
    Not faith alone

Acts 16:15
    Entire household was baptized
    It does not say except infants!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
celibacy is a discipline not a doctrine
The church can change a discipline but not a doctrine

Jesus is the builder of the church
He builds the church on the apostles eph 2:20
Peter and the apostles have authority

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments the abundant life of grace!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Matt 16:17-19

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!
Celibacy is a law in the church. And it differs between the eastern and western churches.
Celibacy of the Clergy

Jesus never said one must be celibate to serve him, else the married rock upon which some believe Jesus' church was built was in violation from its inception when Peter was married.

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wish to be admitted into the faith and practice of the law amid the Hebrew "church"?
That verse refers to that rite. As outlined in Numbers 19: 8-9, and other scriptures in the OT.

People of Christ are New Testament church, not old.

there is only one church
Jn 10:16
One mediator
1 Tim 2:5

the old or mosaic covenant is replaced by the new covenant Matt 21:43
Christ replaced david as king Lk 1:32-33

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.