Where is the reformation in the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. Romans 5:12
    Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

2. Romans 5:16
    And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

3. Romans 5:19
    For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

It’s not a bible study but a covenant
    There must be an outward sign
    A initiation ritual
    Christian baptism
    And children are included
    Acts 2:38-39

Acts 8:12
    But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
    Faith and baptism Mk 16:16
    Not faith alone

Acts 16:15
    Entire household was baptized
    It does not say except infants!
We'll go with Romans 5:12 since it is upon that passage you believe inherited original sin falls upon newborns.

Romans 5:12-21says by Adam sin entered the world. " Death " .It does not refer to"inherited sinfulness."

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Forbidding to marry" = saying priests must be celibate

"Commanding to abstain from meats" = No beef, only fish on Fridays

teaching for doctrines the commandments of men

Buncha QUEERS IN THE VATICAN raping young men and covering it up!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never said that. Stay honest or we will cease this discussion.
That does not say the dead intercede for the living, not are to be prayed to.

Where is the scripture that tells us to pray to the dead to intercede on our behalf with God?

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

and by Mary the ever Virgin mother of God intercession the disciples believed

Jn 2:11

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is only one church
Jn 10:16
One mediator
1 Tim 2:5

the old or mosaic covenant is replaced by the new covenant Matt 21:43
Christ replaced david as king Lk 1:32-33

Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Then why do you use Old Testament scripture to argue your point?

Yes, there is only one church and that is Christ. Ephesians 5.
21 Bible verses about One Church

And one mediator, Christ. Which revokes prayers to saints or Mary to act as intercessors or mediators, for people on earth.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

and by Mary the ever Virgin mother of God intercession the disciples believed

Jn 2:11
None of what you attribute to those scriptures exist in their proper context.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We'll go with Romans 5:12 since it is upon that passage you believe inherited original sin falls upon newborns.

Romans 5:12-21says by Adam sin entered the world. " Death " .It does not refer to"inherited sinfulness."

Psalm 51:5
Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sindid my mother conceive me.

and Jn 3:5 unless baptized you cannot enter

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to step out of this thread now. I should have done so when you said Protestantism is heresy.
You're here to attack Protestant "heritics" . That violates every forums rules as pertains to personal attack.
You should be banned not indulged.
And if saying that gets me banned and not you who admitted your purpose here is to assail we heritics, oh well.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why do you use Old Testament scripture to argue your point?

Yes, there is only one church and that is Christ. Ephesians 5.
21 Bible verses about One Church

And one mediator, Christ. Which revokes prayers to saints or Mary to act as intercessors or mediators, for people on earth.

Christ alone is savior and mediator
But any of the saints in the church the mystical body of Christ or the communion of saints can pray for us and have intercession with Christ!

The prayer of a righteous man avails much

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to step out of this thread now. I should have done so when you said Protestantism is heresy.
You're here to attack Protestant "heritics" . That violates every forums rules as pertains to personal attack.
You should be banned not indulged.
And if saying that gets me banned and not you who admitted your purpose here is to assail we heritics, oh well.

I never attacked anyone for their heart felt belief in God!

I only defend the truth and oppose error
Jude 1:3 contend for “thee faith” once Handed to the saint
Thanks

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By what authority did the pretend to reform the church founded by God, and doctrine revealed by God?
There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between "the Church founded by God" and the church of Rome. Therefore the Reformers had all the authority they needed to expose the false teachings of Rome and Popery.

And since you are on a Christian forum and have no doubt seen Gospel truth and Bible truth, you have absolutely no excuse for continuing to uphold the Roman Catholic Church.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good job, Amazed.

I too will put the heretic-hunter BACK ON IGNORE and be on my way.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By what authority did the pretend to reform the church founded by God, and doctrine revealed by God?

Only the apostles have authority from Christ and the so called reformers were not apostles or successors of the apostles
Revelation 18:4

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between "the Church founded by God" and the church of Rome. Therefore the Reformers had all the authority they needed to expose the false teachings of Rome and Popery.

And since you are on a Christian forum and have no doubt seen Gospel truth and Bible truth, you have absolutely no excuse for continuing to uphold the Roman Catholic Church.

really just read the Bible for yourself and in no time you will be a Protestant?

whatever

the holy church wrote the Bible!

1) what is your “church founded by God”?
If not the one refered to in matt 16:18 with Christ and peter and the apostles and their successors
2) how can you enter a covenant by faith alone?
3) have you obeyed Jesus and taken Mary as your spiritual mother? Jn 19

your right I have learned things here
I’m sure I’m not the brightest bulb in the box

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
what is your “church founded by God”?
The Church founded by God is invisible to the naked eye. It is the Body of Christ which consists of all the souls redeemed by God, whether Jew or Gentile.

The church of Rome -- on the other hand -- went off the rails a long time ago. It needed to be reformed, but it rejected reformation, and doubled down on its errors. Mary -- for example -- is not the spiritual mother of Christians. You will not find that teaching in the Bible.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jn 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church founded by God is invisible to the naked eye. It is the Body of Christ which consists of all the souls redeemed by God, whether Jew or Gentile.

The church of Rome -- on the other hand -- went off the rails a long time ago. It needed to be reformed, but it rejected reformation, and doubled down on its errors. Mary -- for example -- is not the spiritual mother of Christians. You will not find that teaching in the Bible.

not the biblical church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles

Matt 5:14
Ye (the apostles/ the church) are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
(There is only one church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!) matt 16:18 Jn 10:16 eph 2:20

Only Peter and the apostles and their successors have the teaching authority of Christ with the guarantee of the Holy Spirit! Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

Jn 19:27 behold thy mother

all mankind are redeemed
Eph 1:7

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we did. They murdered us for our courage therein violating God's command thou shalt not murder.

We're still here. :)

And they shall answer to God
for those murders most foul. And too for the innocence allowed to be assailed by devils under the protection of that church. :(
Long awaited. Long deserved in its coming.