Where To Begin Reading The Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Presumably, less deadly. But you will need to check that with a theologian or a pastor. Meanwhile, for the sake of your soul and conscience, my recommendation is to avoid them, in favour of the seven cardinal virtues: chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness and humility.

Best wishes, 2RM.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Presumably, less deadly. But you will need to check that with a theologian or a pastor. Meanwhile, for the sake of your soul and conscience, my recommendation is to avoid them, in favour of the seven cardinal virtues: chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness and humility.

less deadly huh? Interesting

I guess you never heard about the wages of sin? (any of them, many more than 7)

Virtues don't save us either.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think he simply means, genuinely saved...

Yes, I was teasing him, a little. The general consensus among Christians seems to be that either one is saved, or one is not. Illegitimately saved is therefore a non category.

Best wishes, 2RM.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, I was teasing him, a little. The general consensus among Christians seems to be that either one is saved, or one is not. Illegitimately saved is therefore a non category.

Best wishes, 2RM.
@2ndRateMind Well, given First John's emphasis on the true believer's assurance, and Romans 8's stressing of eternal security, the consensus that you mention seems to be very strongly based in Scripture.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God took the legs of that snake in Garden. Everyone knows that!

(Just kidding) But did really read that in Josephus writings.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's correct. Its just a part of the pie chart of the unsaved who really believe they are but are not.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the “ takeaway” from the Serpent on the Bronze Pole was that nobody had to do ANYTHING other than Gaze upon it to be Saved from their Dilemma ....It was a Picture Of Our Salvation....NOTHING but the Blood....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person needs to start with the First Chapter Of Romans and cut to the chase.....you can save yourself a lot of time....It’s got all the Essentials—- You are a Sinner....You deserve Hell....The only way to be made “ Fit For Heaven” is to put your TOTAL Faith in Jesus Christ and His Shed Blood at the Cross Plus Nothing and that will get you Saved....Simply Believe Jesus Died for your Sins and rose from the Dead.....That will get the job done... Abandon Your efforts to “ make yourself worthy” by being “ good enough”.....the Standard for being good enough is Perfection....You are “ MADE WORTHY” by the Blood Of the Lamb......If you Trust Jesus ALONE to Save you.....

If Romans One does not grab your attention, skip back to Matthew and read Chapters 5-7.... pay special attention to verses 22 and 27.....ever been angry with somebody or had a lustful thought thought? That’s enough to get you damned forever......You would be wise to find a “ Loop Hole”, because you ain't NEVER gonna “measure -up”.....Check out 1 Cor15:1-4......Its God’s Recipe for Salvation....Add to it at your own risk.....God Bless.....

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'd think a good place to begin reading the bible would be in the bathroom.