Where was the church at Babylon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible teaches there are two real God's sir. Jehovah and satan. All persons on earth will side with one of those two. That is what the Bible really teaches. Yes, it states very clearly that there are many gods, and to us Christians, there is only one God we will worship and serve, but you have to take the Bible as a whole, and those who serve those many gods that are not Jehovah, will follow satan into his eventuality Faith.

the definition of God is uncreated and eternal
Satan don’t qualify

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say that.
I was using D.C compared to the USA, as a comparison with the Roman Empire compared to Asia.
Or something like that..
I was using DC in size and scope to the USA as an example.

That still doesn't make sense, and does not support your theory that Rome is the Revelation Babylon.

If you look at Jerusalem. Jerusalem does not encompass all the territory given to Abraham.
It's just a dot on the map.
If you measure all the territory that God gave to Abraham which was all the land of Canaan..
It's probably close to the size of India.
About 200 million square miles. Which is the measurement of New Jerusalem in Revelation.
Now within this are is Babylon. Located in Baghdad Iraq. Which would be located to the east of the East gate of New Jerusalem.
And if Jesus was crucified outside the gate. it is possible He was crucified in Babylon, otherwise known as what?
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Nah, because our Lord Jesus was crucified at GEOGRAPHIC Jerusalem. You need to understand that Revelation 11:8 is labeling Jerusalem as being LIKE pagan Sodom and Egypt 'only'... in the spiritual false worship sense. Why? Because at that Revelation 11 timing, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit is there to kill God's two witnesses. That Rev.11 Chapter represents the time of the 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period which started back in Revelation 9 when the four angels bound at the river Euphrates were released. It's "great tribulation" timing at the end of this world.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fundamentalist auto-matic reaction!

Mary = worship
Mary= idolatry
It’s brainwashing
Fundamentalist programming
Thank the baptists

I don't hate Catholics, nor do I hate orthodox Jews. I know there's good people among both.

But as for men's traditions ADDED to God's Holy Writ, both groups religious leaders are very, very, guilty in that.

And what I find really strange, which the Catholic heads will eventually have to answer to God for, is how many Catholic converts to the Protestant Church have succumbed to false Jesuit doctrines planted among certain Protestant denominations, like the false Pre-trib Rapture theory.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't hate Catholics, nor do I hate orthodox Jews. I know there's good people among both.

But as for men's traditions ADDED to God's Holy Writ, both groups religious leaders are very, very, guilty in that.

And what I find really strange, which the Catholic heads will eventually have to answer to God for, is how many Catholic converts to the Protestant Church have succumbed to false Jesuit doctrines planted among certain Protestant denominations, like the false Pre-trib Rapture theory.

don’t know any traditions of men

and the church wrote the New Testament

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34