Where was the church at Babylon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What stupid traditions of men?

the 5 Protestant dogmas? so called Solas?

Protestant doctrine is the doctrine of men, no so called reformer was an apostle or successors of the apostles Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:-21-23 eph 2:20
No authority from Christ
Only Christ builds His church Matt 16:18 only one true church Jn 10:16

That's alright, you just keep to your Mary worship, who is NOT GOD, and keep believing Apostle Peter promoted that!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is located in Baghdad, Iraq.
It wasn't known as Iraq at that time, but was under Roman rule.
All of Asia was subjected to Rome.
The United States isn't just Washington, DC.
It was the Kingdom of Rome, not the City.

Babylon was Rome before it was called Rome.
Iraq is the heart or the center of Babylon. geologically speaking.
If you follow the rivers which went forth from the "garden" and split into 4 heads..
the "Garden" or "Paradise" is located in Iraq.

You've gotten a hold some bad... information.

Washington D.C. has NEVER been known as Rome (except in the minds of the deceived who tend to label any big city as Rome).

Even at the height of the old PAGAN Roman empire, Byzantine was the eastern part and over a huge group of lands.

But still, the city of Babylon was NEVER known as Rome.

The old Reformers are the ones who began claiming Rome as the Revelation symbolic Babylon, and the pope as the Antichrist. Deceived followers of those old Reformers today still push that stupidity.

And actually, the modern Reformers idea on that sounds more like a JEWISH doctrine of the orthodox Jews, because they don't like Jerusalem being pointed as the Revelation 'Babylon', which Jerusalem for the end of this world is actually what that Babylon symbol is about!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Catholic Church forbids worship but to God alone
There is no teaching to worship Mary

we have no teachings of men in only what Christ commanded to be taught matt 28:19

Sorry, but that is a flat lie. The Catholic Church PROMOTES worship of Mary. "Hail Mary, ....", ever heard that prayer??? If you say you haven't, you reveal your false agenda even the more on this forum.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not, Satan is not God

Nevertheless he is a god, a real one. The Bible reveals there are 2 real Gods vying for sovereignty. Jehovah and satan. Interestingly the entire population will side with one or the other of those 2. It is much easier to stand on satans side, you simply have to do nothing, but of course that is what it will net you as well, nothing, free to do as one pleases. However, those pleasures are only temporary. Those of us who choose to stand on Jehovah's side of the issue, are in line to receive the promised blessings He offers those who choose His side, those being eternal, Faith.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Washington D.C. has NEVER been known as Rome (except in the minds of the deceived who tend to label any big city as Rome).
I didn't say that.
I was using D.C compared to the USA, as a comparison with the Roman Empire compared to Asia.
Or something like that..
I was using DC in size and scope to the USA as an example.

If you look at Jerusalem. Jerusalem does not encompass all the territory given to Abraham.
It's just a dot on the map.
If you measure all the territory that God gave to Abraham which was all the land of Canaan..
It's probably close to the size of India.
About 200 million square miles. Which is the measurement of New Jerusalem in Revelation.
Now within this are is Babylon. Located in Baghdad Iraq. Which would be located to the east of the East gate of New Jerusalem.
And if Jesus was crucified outside the gate. it is possible He was crucified in Babylon, otherwise known as what?
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

This isn't a physical location, this Sodom and Egypt. It's a spiritual condition of the location where Jesus was crucified.
What is the spiritual condition of Sodom and Egypt?
Whta do they represent?
You can trace this back to Nimrod who built the tower of Babel.
Where is Babel?
In Babylon.
Where is Babylon?
Iraq.
Where is the east gate located in the New Jerusalem that comes down from heaven that is 200 million square miles?

Just answer the last question..
I'm just curious.
Hugs

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how do you know?
Cause the church dont contradict GOD , CHRIST nor the apostels doctrine .
RCC DOES .
You say , quite bodly , that the protestant church aint the church . Well i cant aruge with most of that . cause most of them aint either .
But i beg and i plead with you my friend , the RCC IS NOT EITHER .

Reactions: amadeus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's alright, you just keep to your Mary worship, who is NOT GOD, and keep believing Apostle Peter promoted that!

fundamentalist auto-matic reaction!

Mary = worship
Mary= idolatry
It’s brainwashing
Fundamentalist programming
Thank the baptists

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but that is a flat lie. The Catholic Church PROMOTES worship of Mary. "Hail Mary, ....", ever heard that prayer??? If you say you haven't, you reveal your false agenda even the more on this forum.

why would you think a verse from scripture is worship?

reverence and honor and devotion are not worship!
There is no sacrifice offered to Her
No adoration
No worship

it’s a fundamentalist brainwashing
Mary automatically means idol and worship

Good enough for Angels!
Good enough for the Bible!
Good enough for me!

Hail Mary! Full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women,
Lk 1:28 blessed is the fruit of thy womb, (Jesus) Lk 1:42 Holy Mary, mother of God, Lk 1:43 pray for us sinners, now,
rev 5:8 and at the hour of our death, Matt 24:13 amen!

In the communion of saints we can all pray for each other, does that mean we are worshiping each other?

fundamentalism: faith without reason

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nevertheless he is a god, a real one. The Bible reveals there are 2 real Gods vying for sovereignty. Jehovah and satan. Interestingly the entire population will side with one or the other of those 2. It is much easier to stand on satans side, you simply have to do nothing, but of course that is what it will net you as well, nothing, free to do as one pleases. However, those pleasures are only temporary. Those of us who choose to stand on Jehovah's side of the issue, are in line to receive the promised blessings He offers those who choose His side, those being eternal, Faith.

BS Satan is only called the Small G god of this world
That don’t make him God or divine uncreated and eternal

there is only one God! Can only be one God!

fundamentalist brainwashing

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cause the church dont contradict GOD , CHRIST nor the apostels doctrine .
RCC DOES .
You say , quite bodly , that the protestant church aint the church . Well i cant aruge with most of that . cause most of them aint either .
But i beg and i plead with you my friend , the RCC IS NOT EITHER .

you are confusing the one true church founded by Christ on the apostles with the apostate counterfeit Vatican 2 church

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are confusing the one true church founded by Christ on the apostles with the apostate counterfeit Vatican 2 church
Would kindly explain for us the difference between the two and why the one to which you belong is the true one?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would kindly explain for us the difference between the two and why the one to which you belong is the true one?

the real church is founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 eph 2:20
The counterfeit was founded by the Freemasons on Anti-pope John 23 after killing pius 12 and two cardinals in 1958

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the real church is founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 eph 2:20
The counterfeit was founded by the Freemasons on Anti-pope John 23 after killing pius 12 and two cardinals in 1958
Thank you for answering.

Why would anyone who did not witness the event you described choose to by faith believe that?

1958 must be close to the year of your own birth so you apparently did not witness it with you own carnal eyes. What led you to believe it?

Why would or should any Protestant or non-Catholic believer choose to follow the pathway you are following?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for answering.

Why would anyone who did not witness the event you described choose to by faith believe that?

1958 must be close to the year of your own birth so you apparently did not witness it with you own carnal eyes. What led you to believe it?

Why would or should any Protestant or non-Catholic believer choose to follow the pathway you are following?

only one savior one new covenant church

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only one savior one new covenant church
I may agree with your literal words and so may many of the other non-Catholics on this forum. It is probably in the underlying unspoken meanings and/or definitions of your words that we differ.

Your real in depth answer might be that you are living by faith in the things that you believe to be the truth. What I was asking you was why is where you are better, [if you believe that], than where I am or where other non-Catholics on this forum are in, and with, and of God? If you have not directly and clearly said it, you certainly have implied it.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may agree with your literal words and so may many of the other non-Catholics on this forum. It is probably in the underlying unspoken meanings and/or definitions of your words that we differ.

Your real in depth answer might be that you are living by faith in the things that you believe to be the truth. What I was asking you was why is where you are better, [if you believe that], than where I am or where other non-Catholics on this forum are in, and with, and of God? If you have not directly and clearly said it, you certainly have implied it.

In the new covenant is better
Outside the new covenant is the same as those outside the ark of Noah: all died
Ark of Noah a type of the church

The Ark of Salvation!

The church is founded by Christ and the sacraments are instituted by Christ for the salvation of all men!

The church and Jesus are one: acts 9
The church and the sacraments are necessary for and the means of salvation and the life of grace!

Redemption: Eph 2
Justification: Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 Acts 2:38
Sanctification: Jn 1:16 Jn 10:10 Jn 15:5
Salvation: Matt 24:13 Rom 13:11

The body of Christ:
1 Corinthians 12:27

The one true church:
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

The household of faith:
Gal 6:10

The house of God:
1 Tim 3:15

The church of the living God:

The kingdom of God on earth:
Dan 2:44 Matt 6:33 Matt 16:18 Matt 12:28 Mk 1:15 Jn 3:3-5 Acts 8:12 1 Cor 4:20 Col 4:11 1 Thes 2:12 Rev 1:9 12:10

The new and eternal covenant:
The one fold of Christ:

The new covenant body of Christ church is an ark, the ark of Peter, the ark of Noah was a type, all those outside the ark died, and all those outside the church die spiritually, there is no life outside of Noah’s ark and there is no spiritual life or salvation outside of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles!

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BS Satan is only called the Small G god of this world
That don’t make him God or divine uncreated and eternal

there is only one God! Can only be one God!

fundamentalist brainwashing

The Bible calls him a god sir, and I never dispute it. In fact a very powerful god, 1/3 of the angels are recorded as siding with him, as well as the vast majority of humans Mat 7:13. Yes, there are many gods according to the Bible, two are real, and as you correctly stated, to us (Christians) there is but one God, whose name is Jehovah.

The Bible is actually about the Sovereignty of those two Gods Faith. In the future after all is settled, one of them will be destroyed Rev 20:10

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the new covenant is better
Outside the new covenant is the same as those outside the ark of Noah: all died
Ark of Noah a type of the church
What is inside of the Ark? Unclean animals, clean animals and men at the top?

You believe you that the Catholic Church is The Church, the one and only true church apparently. As you see many here disagree with you on that point. Who is right? God is and He alone, when it comes downs to it, gives the increase needed by men.
The Ark of Salvation!
If we are in that Ark at the end of our course we will not drown. We will not die in our sins. Not everyone in the Catholic Church is in that Ark. Not everyone in any church group of my experience are in that Ark... or so I believe. But then likely some in most churches are in the Ark. That is what I believe.

The church and Jesus are one: acts 9
They are one body, the Body of Christ, Jesus being the Head and anyone else who is ready forming the rest of the Body.

"But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love." Eph 4:15-16

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ." I Cor 12:12

The church and the sacraments are necessary for and the means of salvation and the life of grace!

Redemption: Eph 2
Justification: Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 Acts 2:38
Sanctification: Jn 1:16 Jn 10:10 Jn 15:5
Salvation: Matt 24:13 Rom 13:11
If all of those things are necessary according to God do you suppose that going through the proper rituals as the natural children of Israel did in the OT will accomplish what God desires and requires of us for us to be with Him always?

In the OT God gave to Moses some very precise written laws for the people to obey and to follow...but was that enough?

The body of Christ:
1 Corinthians 12:27

The one true church:
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

The household of faith:
Gal 6:10

The house of God:

The church of the living God:

The kingdom of God on earth:
Dan 2:44 Matt 6:33 Matt 16:18 Matt 12:28 Mk 1:15 Jn 3:3-5 Acts 8:12 1 Cor 4:20 Col 4:11 1 Thes 2:12 Rev 1:9 12:10

The new and eternal covenant:
The one fold of Christ:
How are all of the rituals of the Catholic Church or any of the Protestant churches better than the 10 or the 613 rules given by God to the children of Israel in the OT.? They are not. God set up those OT rules in order to help people walk better with God if they really wanted to do so. If if their hearts were not in the right place, following all of the rules exactly would not matter in any case.

So now are men have set order rules taken from the NT scriptures to help people walk better with God [to save them] is they want to do so? It takes more than that.

People were hard headed then and they are hardheaded now. God has never changed!

The new covenant is better because we are not required to follow any man or men in order to walk the right way before God. The Holy Spirit is available to each and every person to lead them and direct them. God has provided helps, such as the Bible itself and the called ministers of God, but salvation comes from following as God leads us. The Holy Spirit is Not given only to priests, apostles, pastors, teacher and evangelist but to anyone who comes onto Him. Consider what David wrote here a thousand years before Jesus was born in Bethlehem.

"O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall show forth thy praise.
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise." Psalm 51:15-17

What God desires from us has not changed even if He now offers some apparent different helps and apparently different pathways. You should not and, in my opinion, the Catholic Church and the Protestant churches should not try to make men abide by a set of black and white comprehensive rules instead personally learning to hear God voice and obeying it. Are we not to be His sheep?

The new covenant body of Christ church is an ark, the ark of Peter, the ark of Noah was a type, all those outside the ark died, and all those outside the church die spiritually, there is no life outside of Noah’s ark and there is no spiritual life or salvation outside of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles!
Whatever God may have given to Peter, no where in the scriptures are we told to follow the lead of Peter, are we? If you feel that you are led by God to do so, that is between you and God. God has not led me that way nor has He led many people on this forum that way. Don't insist that others walk according to your faith. Are there no errors in you? Ther are certainly some in me.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)
You are still presuming the Catholic Church is the Ark. Everyone in the Ark built by Noah was saved. Not everyone in the Catholic Church is saved.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible calls him a god sir, and I never dispute it. In fact a very powerful god, 1/3 of the angels are recorded as siding with him, as well as the vast majority of humans Mat 7:13. Yes, there are many gods according to the Bible, two are real, and as you correctly stated, to us (Christians) there is but one God, whose name is Jehovah.

The Bible is actually about the Sovereignty of those two Gods Faith. In the future after all is settled, one of them will be destroyed Rev 20:10

it does not call him god, but the god or ruler of this world