Where was the church at Babylon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
still not God
God is uncreated and eternal

Jehovah who is God is eternal and uncreated, satan who as you stated is also god however he was a created being and his demise has been foretold. All other gods are truly inconsequential as worship directed toward them is the same as standing in opposition to Jehovah, therefore by proxy standing with satan.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah who is God is eternal and uncreated, satan who as you stated is also god however he was a created being and his demise has been foretold. All other gods are truly inconsequential as worship directed toward them is the same as standing in opposition to Jehovah, therefore by proxy standing with satan.

then Satan is not God

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Peter 5:13
The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.[/QUOT At the time of the scripture's writing, there was no church in Babylon because the word church wasn't added to scripture until about 800 years ago. The word church, of old English/German origin, roughly means "house of a lord." The King James translators replaced ecclesia with church over 600 times. The Greek word ecclesia, is properly translated congregation. Do your research and you'll see that I've done mine.
Church and ecclesia do not mean the same thing.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are basing this statement on your research, correct? Show me my error, and I will thank you.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are basing this statement on your research, correct? Show me my error, and I will thank you.

the church is the one fold jn 10:16
The body of Christ
The new covenant
The kingdom of God
Not some heretical Protestant congregation

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the church is the one fold jn 10:16
The body of Christ
The new covenant
The kingdom of God
Not some heretical Protestant congregation
Personally, I believe the kingdom will soon be given back to Israel.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe the church will be a part of Israel.
The congregation of God is eternal.
Father, Holy Spirit, Son; hear, oh Israel, the Lord our God is one!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the church will be a part of Israel.
The congregation of God is eternal.
Father, Holy Spirit, Son; hear, oh Israel, the Lord our God is one!

Christ replaced david as king Lk 1:32-33
The church replaced Israel
New covenant superseded the old
Matt 21:43

The Ark of Salvation!

The church is founded by Christ and the sacraments are instituted by Christ for the salvation of all men!

The church and Jesus are one: acts 9
The church and the sacraments are necessary for and the means of salvation and the life of grace!

Redemption: Eph 2
Justification: Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 Acts 2:38
Sanctification: Jn 1:16 Jn 10:10 Jn 15:5
Salvation: Matt 24:13 Rom 13:11

The body of Christ:
1 Corinthians 12:27

The one true church:
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

The household of faith:
Gal 6:10

The house of God:
1 Tim 3:15

The church of the living God:
1 Tim 3:15

The kingdom of God on earth:
Dan 2:44 Matt 6:33 Matt 16:18 Matt 12:28 Mk 1:15 Jn 3:3-5 Acts 8:12 1 Cor 4:20 Col 4:11 1 Thes 2:12 Rev 1:9 12:10

The new and eternal covenant:
The one fold of Christ:

The new covenant body of Christ church is an ark, the ark of Peter, the ark of Noah was a type, all those outside the ark died, and all those outside the church die spiritually, there is no life outside of Noah’s ark and there is no spiritual life or salvation outside of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles!

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Hope you can swim? Cos outside the ark of salvation all drown!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You didn't do your research, did you? I am not a Jew, I am a Hebrew Christian. It's all in the bible.
If interested, check out Yair Davidiy/Brit Am-Hebrew Nations.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't do your research, did you? I am not a Jew, I am a Hebrew Christian. It's all in the bible.
If interested, check out Yair Davidiy/Brit Am-Hebrew Nations.

no Jewish leaders or Jewish practices in the holy church of the apostles

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The word church was added to the book of Revelation - see 22:18.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word church was added to the book of Revelation - see 22:18.

Christ and his church are one acts 9:4
To attack the church is to attack Christ

to reject what the church and the apostles or councils teach is to reject Christ Lk 10:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Only the church has authority from Christ to define the truth and teach!
Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

Successors of Jesus Christ!

Jesus already prepares His apostles to continue His mission with His power (binding and loosing) and with His authority (keys) matt 16:18 matt 18:18

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 when therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John...
Jn 4:2 Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples

Here we see Jesus delegating to His successors, Peter and the apostles!

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing

There can be no unity of the spirit without obedience to the faith! Rom 1:5 eph 4:3

Matt 28 I am with you (the apostles)

The papacy based on Matt 16:18 and Isa 22:21-22

Matt 16:18-19
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Isa 22:21-22
21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Behold I am with you (the successors or the apostles until the end of the age, so the successors must remain until the end of the age) matt 28:19

(None of the so called reformers were apostles) (no man has authority to start a church)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Just as I am to mine. May I suggest we work together on finding common ground?
Such as our mutual faith in Jesus Messiah?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then Satan is not God

The Bible teaches there are two real God's sir. Jehovah and satan. All persons on earth will side with one of those two. That is what the Bible really teaches. Yes, it states very clearly that there are many gods, and to us Christians, there is only one God we will worship and serve, but you have to take the Bible as a whole, and those who serve those many gods that are not Jehovah, will follow satan into his eventuality Faith.