Which commandments in Leviticus are no longer in force?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer to the original question is rather straight forward, i.e. The answer is "no", unless you meet the following two requirements: (1) Are a male member of the tribe of Levi, and (2) are serving in the Temple. There are a number of additional instructions applicable to everyone, as pointed out in several other posts. The bottom line is "if an instruction pertains to you, follow it out of love for the creator, if an instruction does not apply to you, then ignore it. After all, not even Jesus Christ obeyed every explicit instruction in the Old Testament. Why? Because many did not apply to Him, e.g. the priesthood instructions found in the book Leviticus.

It is interesting to note that there are 1040 direct quotes/references from the Old Testament found in the New Testament, as complied by the Trinity College, Dublin. All of the so-called Laws are Instructions in Righteousness, that is, what God requires of mankind in order to satisfactorily obey/fulfill the Ten Commandments.

The most telling N.T. scriptures concerning the Commandments and faith in Christ are found in the book of Revelation: Rev.12:17, 14:12. and 22:14.

May your studies be fruitful.
Great post! Thank you!

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't necessarily believe in reincarnation but I suppose anything is possible. Nobody can tell you for sure that God doesn't reincarnate some souls.
Hebrews 9:27 (WEB):

(27) Inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once, and after this, judgment,​

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you but, no, I do NOT "struggle" with homosexuality. I am heterosexual and am married to a sweet woman.

Leviticus tells us to kill homosexuals. Some say that's "old" law and no longer in force. So are all of the commandments in Leviticus also no longer in force?
Christians who seriously sin, are no longer killed under the new covenant Pat. Do you have any questions about any of the other laws in particular sir?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

My brother, I too am a Christian asking a question about the Old Testament.
Leviticus 19 has a passage telling us to love our neighbor as ourself. Obviously, that was not just part of the old covenant worship, but one of God's immutable laws, because it continued with The New Covenant. So like I said, before someone supposes to teach Christians about God's law, they first need to understand what the old covenant was about and what God's law is about (see 1 Timothy 1).