Which hymn are you having sung at your funeral?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I saw this question posed on my X / Twitter feed and thought it was interesting.

Why did he ask?

”I was listening to In Christ Alone when I thought to ask this question.”

The day approaches. Plan for it, or someone else will.

I would have my favorite hymn, Be Still My Soul, sung.

I would also have Le Grand Duel (Parte Prima) and L’ Arena played, perhaps as a prelude and / or exit.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw this question posed on my X / Twitter feed and thought it was interesting.

Why did he ask?

”I was listening to In Christ Alone when I thought to ask this question.”

The day approaches. Plan for it, or someone else will.

I would have my favorite hymn, Be Still My Soul, sung.

I would also have Le Grand Duel (Parte Prima) and L’ Arena played, perhaps as a prelude and / or exit.

It is an interesting question. I don’t want to have a funeral. For starters I don’t expect many would show up …yes my immediate family but they could remember me over a meal together. —maybe set my ashes in the center of the table while they eat! I’m kidding!! But not about the No funeral. No big thing planned. I want to be cremated and hopefully sent off in peace.

My mom is 93z she doesn’t want a funeral either. She can be grouchy. Her saying is “if you don’t visit me while I am alive. Don’t come see me when I’m dead.” Lol …she is a pain my rear end but I love her honesty.

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It is an interesting question. I don’t want to have a funeral. For starters I don’t expect many would show up …yes my immediate family but they could remember me over a meal together. —maybe set my ashes in the center of the table while they eat! I’m kidding!! But not about the No funeral. No big thing planned. I want to be cremated and hopefully sent off in peace.

My mom is 93z she doesn’t want a funeral either. She can be grouchy. Her saying is “if you don’t visit me while I am alive. Don’t come see me when I’m dead.” Lol …she is a pain my rear end but I love her honesty.

My mother didn’t want a funeral. Before she died she made a list of some of her favorite songs that she wanted the family to listen to at a later informal memorial service, a time for the family to reminisce about her. We honored her request.

What, if anything, would you like for your family to do with your cremated remains?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mother didn’t want a funeral. Before she died she made a list of some of her favorite songs that she wanted the family to listen to at a later informal memorial service, a time for the family to reminisce about her. We honored her request.

What, if anything, would you like for your family to do with your cremated remains?
I’ve never really thought about it. I wouldn’t want them to hold on to them, that would be one thing. I’m kind of excited to be free from this body of disease and decay so I don’t feel any sentimental attachment to it. Unburdening themselves of my ashes, to me, it would be okay for them to ceremoniously return the ashes back to nature however they felt needful. I really haven’t given it much thought. Other than I sure hope better seed has been sown than I sowed the first part of my life, that resulted in things I’m now ashamed of. I just hope I’m not ashamed. And that there is good fruit of the Spirit of God springing up.

Reactions: Matthias