• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me too sister . i say if one holds one day above another then let them do so .
But i want us to all examine something .
Something paul knew . HE said to enter INTO that REST . And he was speaking of the sabbath , YET WHO was HE REALLY SPEAKING About .
JESUS CHRIST .
AND guess what JESUS had said unto the peoples , HE said COME YE who are weary and heavy laden and i will give REST , REST unto your souls .
ITS THE GLORIOUS LORD HIMSELF . That is our rest . AND How we labor on day by day in HIM doing the things
pleasing unto HIM . BUT we know his burden is easy and his yoke is light .
HE IS the true rest . I GAURANTEE IT . JESUS himself said it and this was who paul was pointing too . JESUS . NOW LEAP UP SISTER
Let that white dove fly and just PRAISE THE HOLY and GLORIOUS KING JESUS .

Amen to that!
"He said to them, “Haven’t you read what David did when he and those who were with him were hungry — how he entered the house of God, and they ate the sacred bread, which is not lawful for him or for those with him to eat, but only for the priests?
Or haven’t you read in the Law that on Sabbath days the priests in the temple violate the Sabbath and are innocent? But I tell you that something greater than the temple is here! If you had known what this means: I desire mercy and not sacrifice, you would not have condemned the innocent. For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath” (Matthew 12:3-8).

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at the evil they did . Putting the word HALLOW in front of that festival .
JESUS said when ye pray , ITS GOD , HIS NAME , HALLOW be THY NAME .
I see our dear sister also brought her reminder of the lil princess . yep .

There was something I read a while back about the true meaning of the word "holiday. It spoke to the meaning of the word itself, as well as the spelling which, they said "Holyday, not Holiday"
I have no problem seeing how Satan has morphed this.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do understand your Sabbath day observance and I respect it. Although, I revere Him every day of the week, and since the Sabbath was made for man...
I mean, Jesus disciples plucked heads of grain on the Sabbath, Jesus healed on the Sabbath. And even David with the shew bread. God is practical IMHO. And, I esteem all days the same where God is concerned. Living alone, for the most part anyhow, my niece lives here with me but, she is always gone with friends, boyfriend or work...there are things that must be done and since I'm the only one here...things must be done when they arise. What of the soup kitchens and pantry's that are open on Saturday's? Especially the soup kitchens as, this is the only outlet for many who are poor, in need, lonely...they, or pre-covid, they would look so forward to the 2 community meals as not just food for their bellies but as their socialization.
Love you brother!
Dear Nancy, tending to the needy and sick, to the hungry and lonely is not what is restricted in the forth Commandment.....that is clear from the examples you cited.
For the menial things of everyday life there is the day of preparation ie, the sixth day. This is so we can have uninterrupted fellowship with each other and with God.....we are to rest from the everyday humdrum of life.....we are not to forget this as is so easily done, subsequently the reminder, 'Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it Holy...' (seperate)

Yes, we worship every day, even while we labour yet this does not replace or excuse or put aside God's Commandment of resting the 7th otherwise one might argue re the Commandments, well every woman or man is fundamentally the same and I have this desperate need to connect, thereby negating one rule to justify another ie, adultery through logic.

No No, the Commandments are the Commandments and just as we honour God by keeping the them so we dishonour him by our excuses and convenient logic (which incidentally we can find to break any of them as did the Jews with to negate honouring their Parents) by breaking them.

Lest what do we do with this....
Matt. 5:17-19.... "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Nancy, tending to the needy and sick, to the hungry and lonely is not what is restricted in the forth Commandment.....that is clear from the examples you cited.
For the menial things of everyday life there is the day of preparation ie, the sixth day. This is so we can have uninterrupted fellowship with each other and with God.....we are to rest from the everyday humdrum of life.....we are not to forget this as is so easily done, subsequently the reminder, 'Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it Holy...' (seperate)

Yes, we worship every day, even while we labour yet this does not replace or excuse or put aside God's Commandment of resting the 7th otherwise one might argue re the Commandments, well every woman or man is fundamentally the same and I have this desperate need to connect, thereby negating one rule to justify another ie, adultery through logic.

No No, the Commandments are the Commandments and just as we honour God by keeping the them so we dishonour him by our excuses and convenient logic (which incidentally we can find to break any of them as did the Jews with to negate honouring their Parents) by breaking them.

Lest what do we do with this....
Matt. 5:17-19.... "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Hi Q.T.,
Matthew 39-41
"And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments. 41While the Pharisees were assembled, Jesus questioned them,
On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

I have read some of why you single out the 4th as an "everlasting" commandment or such. But then, they ARE everlasting at least until heaven and earth pass away.
It just seems to me that God is speaking directly to Israelites, and no other Nation. Any others were without the True God.
We now have a new covenant and seems all of the law simply hangs from the two Christ gave us, Love God, Love others and...all that entails hence, we will NOT place other Gods before us, we will NOT covet, we will NOT break the 10. But, of course if followed like it was B.C., better not get angry at your bro, or look at a woman with...you know what I mean, when Jesus raised the bar during the sermon on the mount...made it to sound impossible and, it is! Break one, ya broke em all. But enter Christ into our hearts, sin just does not fit us anymore, it does not "feel" good, or right anymore. He set us free! Free from our sinful living, free from the law...I say that is why the "Gospel" means "good news" IMHO!! :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Q.T.,
Matthew 39-41
"And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments. 41While the Pharisees were assembled, Jesus questioned them,
On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

I have read some of why you single out the 4th as an "everlasting" commandment or such. But then, they ARE everlasting at least until heaven and earth pass away.
It just seems to me that God is speaking directly to Israelites, and no other Nation. Any others were without the True God.
We now have a new covenant and seems all of the law simply hangs from the two Christ gave us, Love God, Love others and...all that entails hence, we will NOT place other Gods before us, we will NOT covet, we will NOT break the 10. But, of course if followed like it was B.C., better not get angry at your bro, or look at a woman with...you know what I mean, when Jesus raised the bar during the sermon on the mount...made it to sound impossible and, it is! Break one, ya broke em all. But enter Christ into our hearts, sin just does not fit us anymore, it does not "feel" good, or right anymore. He set us free! Free from our sinful living, free from the law...I say that is why the "Gospel" means "good news" IMHO!! :)
Ohh, Nancy.... here is a sermon titled 'do you believe in Jesus'.....it may be quiet different to what you imagine I might say....please take the time and see it through. I would feel privileged if you spoke to me about it.
vsEi2fowTaI

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A dear friend named john found this video . SO i watched it . It never says who will win .
But just listen to the vision and what she also says .
A snake man . That didnt sound too good .

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A dear friend named john found this video . SO i watched it . It never says who will win .
But just listen to the vision and what she also says .
A snake man . That didnt sound too good .
@amigo de christo
I don't believe this is from God. I believe you posted this on the wrong thread. This is about halloween.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ohh, Nancy.... here is a sermon titled 'do you believe in Jesus'.....it may be quiet different to what you imagine I might say....please take the time and see it through. I would feel privileged if you spoke to me about it.
vsEi2fowTaI

I'll check it out later this afternoon...thanks! :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea dear sister . But let the warnings about halloween continue on my dear sister .
You are loved . Warn on sister . warn on .
Speaking of snakes ...Trump himself gave us a huge warning early on he was/is a snake. Everyone thought that was such a clever poem he read ...but he was talking about himself.
Now ...back to the purpose of the OP.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am about one minute in dear sister . that has got to be the ugliest evil picture . its evil .
Abstain from all appearance of evil . yeah if that dont appear evil , something is dead wrong .
Yep . KEEP warning dear sister . AND praise the glorious King .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In like manner Christians revere Sunday. They remember the day designated by pagans for Sun worship thinking they are honouring God.
Perhaps most who name themselves Christian revere no day at all. Sunday was decided as The day for them by their families or friends or ministers long before they were born to their natural mothers. Most of them have never given it a serious thought. It is simply the way that it is and the way it has been for them since first memory. The question of course that, I believe, we should ask of ourselves and of God on this issue and any other issue, such as Halloween or Christmas or Easter or the Trinity that comes to mind with a question mark, is what is it that God would like to see us do?

Give God the glory!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Nancy, tending to the needy and sick, to the hungry and lonely is not what is restricted in the forth Commandment....."

Hi Q.T.,
"Lest what do we do with this....

Jesus is speaking in response to the Pharisees saying that He was trying to abolish the Law, Jesus came to fulfill the Law. The word fulfill in Greek means "to complete." In other words, Jesus came to complete or accomplish the entire Law.
Then Jesus say's that heaven and earth will not pass away UNTIL the whole fulfillment of God's Law is accomplished. My belief is that Jesus did just that, by keeping the law perfectly. He completed all of God's requirements of the law. Not one single sin, ever.
I think when He said "It is finished" that He was speaking to the fulfilment of the law.
He totally raised the bar on the "law", made it even harder. He did what no man ever could or would be able to do.
I rely on His grace, mercy and forgiveness to save me, not following a law as, it seems to make His grace to no effect...?
JMHO :)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Q.T.,
"Lest what do we do with this....

Jesus is speaking in response to the Pharisees saying that He was trying to abolish the Law, Jesus came to fulfill the Law. The word fulfill in Greek means "to complete." In other words, Jesus came to complete or accomplish the entire Law.
Then Jesus say's that heaven and earth will not pass away UNTIL the whole fulfillment of God's Law is accomplished. My belief is that Jesus did just that, by keeping the law perfectly. He completed all of God's requirements of the law. Not one single sin, ever.
I think when He said "It is finished" that He was speaking to the fulfilment of the law.
He totally raised the bar on the "law", made it even harder. He did what no man ever could or would be able to do.
I rely on His grace, mercy and forgiveness to save me, not following a law as, it seems to make His grace to no effect...?
JMHO :)

YES INDEED SISTER . JESUS never once sinned . Let the name of the LORD be praised .