Who are God's 'chosen'?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that everyone always tries to argue who are God's people, the 'chosen', the 'remnant', 'spiritual Israel' and declare that they are 'Gods chosen', or by rigidly following a religious leader or by strictly restricting their behavior they achieve the status of 'Gods chosen' and thus are 'saved', but what does God say.

Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Many say I follow Christ and yet continue in sinful lusts and iniquity, they just pretend to make themselves look good before others. No one can declare themselves saved, we cannot save ourselves, salvation by faith is not salvation by works or by presumptuous declaration or anyone could just 'say it' or give lip service of their piety, but God will be the final judge.

Matthew 23:28
Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Christ will be our advocate but God will still judge each and everyone, God will look at our case and if it says 'covered by the Christ's righteousness' we are guaranteed eternal life, it is says 'covered by mans logic' then damnation is its end.

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Christ came not to judge the world but to save it, but it is still God who judges at the end.

John 12:44-48
44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

It is God who decides who are His people and who will be saved, those who say "I have accepted Christ" but dont really mean it or follow as He asks will be set aside and Christ will tell them 'I never knew you: depart from me', those who say I follow all the laws but do not love God or fail to see the true meaning of the law will be set aside, those who have false piety or use "cheap grace" to cover their continuing in sin will be set aside, and those who did all the 'works' of helping the poor and needy not from love but to gain favor of man, God will be set aside.....

Man cannot declare 'I am saved' or take eternal life as a prize from their own works or labors, it is a gift through Jesus Christ and it is God not man who decides whether you accepted it and are His chosen people.

Matthew 13:41
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

Many who 'say' they are saved and declare that they are 'righteous' but dont believe that God has the final say, will stumbled over the "stumbling stone" as they depend not on God but on themselves or on man's desire or effort to gain eternal life and have little or no faith......

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As always, thought provoking.
It will be interesting seeing "whom" comes out to justify themselves and their private interpretation or denominal doctrine !

Matthew 22:14
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 14 For many are called, but FEW are chosen.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As always, thought provoking.
It will be interesting seeing "whom" comes out to justify themselves and their private interpretation or denominal doctrine !

Matthew 22:14
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 14 For many are called, but FEW are chosen.
As for the lambs , THEY KNOW . the elect , chosen , saved or etc , ARE THOSE WHO FOLLOW CHRIST , not men , BUT CHRIST JESUS .
THe lambs stayed GLUED in biblical doctrine . The denominations of men have led many astray .
BUT CHRIST THE KING , HE LEADS THE lambs . THEY follow HIM and a strangers voice , THEY NOT BE HEEDING .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that everyone always tries to argue who are God's people, the 'chosen', the 'remnant', 'spiritual Israel' and declare that they are 'Gods chosen', or by rigidly following a religious leader or by strictly restricting their behavior they achieve the status of 'Gods chosen' and thus are 'saved', but what does God say.

Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Many say I follow Christ and yet continue in sinful lusts and iniquity, they just pretend to make themselves look good before others. No one can declare themselves saved, we cannot save ourselves, salvation by faith is not salvation by works or by presumptuous declaration or anyone could just 'say it' or give lip service of their piety, but God will be the final judge.

Matthew 23:28
Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Christ will be our advocate but God will still judge each and everyone, God will look at our case and if it says 'covered by the Christ's righteousness' we are guaranteed eternal life, it is says 'covered by mans logic' then damnation is its end.

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Christ came not to judge the world but to save it, but it is still God who judges at the end.

John 12:44-48
44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

It is God who decides who are His people and who will be saved, those who say "I have accepted Christ" but dont really mean it or follow as He asks will be set aside and Christ will tell them 'I never knew you: depart from me', those who say I follow all the laws but do not love God or fail to see the true meaning of the law will be set aside, those who have false piety or use "cheap grace" to cover their continuing in sin will be set aside, and those who did all the 'works' of helping the poor and needy not from love but to gain favor of man, God will be set aside.....

Man cannot declare 'I am saved' or take eternal life as a prize from their own works or labors, it is a gift through Jesus Christ and it is God not man who decides whether you accepted it and are His chosen people.

Matthew 13:41
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

Many who 'say' they are saved and declare that they are 'righteous' but dont believe that God has the final say, will stumbled over the "stumbling stone" as they depend not on God but on themselves or on man's desire or effort to gain eternal life and have little or no faith......
Whose words will be their judge . JESUS WORDS . Exactly .
The words that I HAVE SPOKEN will be their judge .
And WHO is it that has been given all judgment . JESUS HAS .
AND he shall TREAD the winepress of the WRATH OF GOD . BIBLE TIME my dear friends . LETS learn that GOD
HIS CHRIST and all sound pure holy and lovey doctrine .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who are God's 'chosen'?​

The ones who heartfullly “CHOOSE” Him.

The conundrum IS: The ALL-Knowing God already “KNOWS” and has Prepared a PLACE for men whose WILL, is to “choose” Him., or “reject” Him.

Men figure out their “choice”, as they hear, learn, mature, decide, reveal and commit to their “choice”.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans chapter 8
Romans chapter 11
First Peter chapter 1
Ephesians chapter 1.
Mark chapter 13

God's election. They have holy spirit. Many people have spirit of stupor.
The election dont have free will.

Those who have free will have spirit of stupor.

The election were judged in first earth age. They are predestined, chosen before foundation of the world.

A false brethren comes along and trys to contaminate God's word. Some Christian people lack knowledge. Don't even know thier are 3 earth ages.

Gospel of Peter states there are 3 earth ages. We're in second earth age.

Ignorant Christian will argue. The person didn't properly train under pastor, and thinks he/she can manipulate Gods word.

Hebrews chapter 5 . After 20 years, a student should be teachers of God's word. A brethren takes few seminary classes and they think they can teach Gods word.

And the wimps believe in the rapture theory. They don't have the brass horns to stand against antichrist near future.

Timothy chapter 4 warns us this would happen in latter times.

Deuteronomy chapter 31, moses warns us in latter times they would corrupt themselves.
Gods Elect are called and chosen.
Most of the brethren are self appointed. Pride is their downfall.
I won't debate or respond to brethren with subverted mind.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 12:50
For WHOSOEVER shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Matthew 7:
NOT every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Two choices; do the will of God in obedience to his word, and you are part of a chosen generation. Or reject his will in disobedience and in rejection of Christ's salvation and reap unto oneself eternal damnation.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God chose me, I didn't choose Him. That means I'm Chosen. Born again from above, by the Grace of God, washed by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who are God's 'chosen'?​

The ones who heartfullly “CHOOSE” Him.

The conundrum IS: The ALL-Knowing God already “KNOWS” and has Prepared a PLACE for men whose WILL, is to “choose” Him., or “reject” Him.

Men figure out their “choice”, as they hear, learn, mature, decide, reveal and commit to their “choice”.

Glory to God,
Taken
Yes, and Gods Word shows those who "choose" Him and He dwells in them...

1 John 3:24
And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Reactions: Taken and L.A.M.B.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 12:50
For WHOSOEVER shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Matthew 7:
NOT every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Two choices; do the will of God in obedience to his word, and you are part of a chosen generation. Or reject his will in disobedience and in rejection of Christ's salvation and reap unto oneself eternal damnation.
I would add..
Romans 2:13
(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The called and chosen are the election. They have holy spirit. Many people have spirit of stupor.

Romans chapter 8, first Peter chapter 1, ephesians chapter 1, and romans chapter 11, will document the Elect.

Romans chapter 11 and Isaiah chapter 6 will document, some people have spirit of stupor.

Isaiah chapter 29. False preachers who don't have holy spirit. They are self appointed. God didn't send them.

Read first Corinthians chapter 2 with understanding. Two different groups.
One group has holy spirit.
Second group has spirit of stupor.

The election were chosen before foundation of the world. Ephesians chapter 1.

The saints are God's Elect.

Matthew chapter 13 . Jesus tells His apostles, they can understand mystery of God. But this group has spirit of stupor. Jesus was referring to Isaiah chapter 6

The prophets and apostles are God's Elect.

Ephesians chapter 2 or 3 tells us about different functions of the body of christ.
Some are apostles
Some prophets
Some pastors
Some teachers
Some evangelists

God gives different gifts and abilities to individuals.

Spirtual discernment is important. To avoid traps of false brethren. Who teach tradition of men and false doctrine. Read first Corinthians chapter 2, and Jeremiah chapter 23.

Again. One group has holy spirit. The election.
Second group has spirit of stupor.

Anyone who can't understand this. Pray to God for understanding. Mabey Jesus will enlighten you. Only Jesus can give spirtual sight. Many people have blinders on.
I documented this.
First Corinthians chapter 2 is very important. Read with understanding.

This isn't difficult to understand.

Who are the election ???

They were chosen by God in first earth age, before the foundation of the world.

Documentation, ephesians chapter 1, romans chapter 8.

We're in second earth age, flesh age.

If you have difficulty understanding this. I recommend you study with shepherds chapel. They are on YouTube. They teach sound doctrine. Tell you the truth.

The videos have the election.
Three world ages
Ministers of fire
Mark of beast
Spirtual slumber

I would study these.