Who are the 144,000?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who are the 144,000?​

The number 144,000 appears three times in the Book of Revelation:

• Revelation 7:3–8:
Roll Tide, born in T-Town, live in Clanton, but not much of a follower now since they went pro. Last watched a game in 2020. Plus they refuse to allow Defense, I find myself watching the NFL now, SMH.

OK, on with the "REAL IMPORTANT" Business at hand brother.

To understand the 144,000 we have to understand how God uses numbers, especially when He multiplies numbers by numbers. If we do not see it for what it is we will miss God message. The old Hebrew had like 4000 words and no vowels, God used numbers a lot in the old testament.

12 = Fulness
10 = Completeness
8 = New Beginnings
7 = Divine Completion
6 = Mankind

Others have meaning also, but this is all we really need to get the ball rolling.

Notice how there are 7 Heads and 10 Horns via the Rev. 13 Beasts and Daniels has 10 Horns also, Daniel gives us 5 beasts (if we know how to look) but did not give us Egypt and Assyria, John was shown all 7. We can see the 10 Virgin Brides represent the complete Church (both make and female). We see the 10 Plagues completed Egypt's judgment. We see the 10 Commandments wee a stand in for God's complete laws, Jesus even said that in just 2 laws all the laws rested upon. We see in Rev. 2:10 that Smyrna was to have trouble for 10 days, which really means for the Complete church age, seeing as Jesus told us in John 16:33 that we would have continual troubles in this world. I could go on and on but it would be redundant. There were 8 on Noah's Ark. There are 7 Spirits and 7 Eyes in Revelation meaning that God sees all and is everywhere. 666 stands for (IMHO) a man being the Last Beast etc. etc. So, now that we can see that numbers are very important in God lingo, especially in the old , and we know that God used the old testament to encode the book of Revelation, we can dissect what the 144,000 actually mean.

God has stated he has saved Himself 7000 that have not bowed the knee to Baal.

God in Rev. 7 shows has has sealed (saved unto Himself) 144,000 men.

God states in Zechariah 13:8-9 that 1/3 of all the Jews/Israel will repent whilst 2/3 will refuse to repent and they will be cut-off and die. Then one verse later (Zech. 14:1) we see the Day of the Lord arrives.

So, since God can not lie how can all three numbers be true? Well, two of them have to be codes. As we can see with these numbers they are simple codes.

Via the 7000, we get: 7 (Divine Completion) x 10 x 10 x 10 (Completion) = 7000 thus All Israel who repent.

Then with the 144,000 we get: 12 (Fulness) x 12 x 10 x 10 x 10 (Completion) = All Israel who repents.

Then in Zech. 13:8-9 via the 1/3 you have to live now, in these end times to understand that 1/3 of all the Jews alive today (10 million in Israel and 15 million worldwide) = 3.5-5 million Jews who get Saved/Sealed.

The 144,000 are not all Virgin Men, just like the Bride of Christ is not 10 Virgin Females, it is a code. Those 144,000 in Rev. 7 are not Super Preachers, that just men's traditions. The Angel in Rev. 14:6 takes over the preaching of the gospel unto all mankind. With all this in mind lets look at Rev. 7 a wee bit, I think you will see these are simply the Jews who Flee Judea just after they see the AoD just before God's Wrath falls in Rev. 8 via the Asteroid Impact.

Rev. 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the (1)corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, (2)having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3 Saying, (3)Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and (4)there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Now lets run it down.

1.) The four winds represents God's Judgments, and the angels are told to not blow yet or that judgments should not commence at this time.

2.) The Seal of the living God is what we Christians have, we are sealed unto God via Jesus' blood.

3.) These Angels are told to HOLD UP the Judgments and to NOT HURT the Earth, Sea nor any Trees until the 144,000 (the 3.5-5 million Jews) repent and come unto Christ Jesus, then flee unto the Petra/Bozrah area where God Himself (Rev. 12) protects them for 1260 days. Notice what gets HURT by the Rev. 8 Trumpet Judgments !! The Sea, Trees (1/3 burn) and the Earth !!

4.) The 144,000 like The Woman in Rev. 12 is code for All Israel who repents.

P.S. they are indeed al the same, they have the Fathers name in their foreheads because Israel is God's bride, He married them long ago, those Jews who came to Christ during the Church age are a part of the bride of Christ and are raptured Pre Trib with the Church.

A smidge more, some people confuse those seen in Revelation 7:9-17 with these 144,000, those seen in Rev. 7:9-17 came out of great tribulation, as in many millions murdered during the Church Age via Rome, Muslims and troubles in general, John 16:33 tells us that all time on this earth is tribulation. No one goes to heaven after the Rapture, the Jews will repopulate the earth and those Martyrs killed who refused to take the Mark of the Beast only get judged after Jesus' return as Rev. 20:4 shows us, they will live and reign with Jesus for 1000 years.

Whenever you see "Perfect Numbers" remember, God does not choose the elect, that is Calvinism, so why would we get 7000, 144,000 etc. etc.? Because it is a code, Satan can not figure out God's plans, he knew the 1/3 number, but until we get to the very end no one can add up the 1/3, only now can we see that it will be 3.5-5 million Jews. Rev. 14 is "The Harvest Chapter" thus Jesus will gather the Wheat (Israel) into his Fathers barn.

God Bless, hope this helped somewhat. Roll Tide.

Renny

Mar 27, 2023
Ludlow
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Twelve Tribes of Israel in Heaven speak of the Body of Christ.

The 'specific seed' that are to be keepers of His Truth is defined in Scripture - G/John, Romans, Galatians, Ephesians, 1&2 Peter, 1 John

Galatians ch3

God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”
So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one,
“And to your Seed,” who is Christ. And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
my husband adamently says only jews will be of the 144,000. The rest of us christians who aren't jewish are going to have to go through the tribulation. He only has 1% jewish in him and he believes he's one of the chosen; and because I am his wife, not jewish, then I will be chosen too. I'm really having a hard time swallowing this and I can't seem to sway him. Any thoughts?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my husband adamently says only jews will be of the 144,000. The rest of us christians who aren't jewish are going to have to go through the tribulation. He only has 1% jewish in him and he believes he's one of the chosen; and because I am his wife, not jewish, then I will be chosen too. I'm really having a hard time swallowing this and I can't seem to sway him. Any thoughts?
Hello Renny,

YES, i will be glad to share some Scripture with you on this.

It is 3:00 AM here where i am in USA

I will get back to you later today.

Thank you and God Bless
David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does your husband conclude that he is one of the 144k?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you’re married I assume your husband is not a virgin so he can’t be one of the 144,000—.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 14:4 - These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided
! (+ I and II!) ← Please review for Differences between God's Programs:
For Israel (Jews past/future), and For the Current Body Of Christ... hope these help...

Grace, Peace, And JOY!...