Who are the 144,000?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone, no matter what your background, whoever has been led to believe that YHWH is not the LORD Jesus will be standing outside the Gate of Heaven wishing they could enter in.

YHWH is the Good Shepherd = Psalm 80:1-3

Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel(YHWH)
You who lead Joseph like a flock;
You who dwell between the cherubim, shine forth!
Before Ephraim, Benjamin, and Manasseh,
Stir up Your strength,
And come and save us!
Restore us, O God;
Cause Your face to shine,
And we shall be saved!

John 10:7-11
Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
“I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd gives His life for the sheep

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seven days of creation? I'm sure it was six days:

Exodus 20:11 (WEB):
(11) for in six days Yahweh made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore Yahweh blessed the Sabbath day, and made it holy.​

Exodus 31:17 (WEB):
(17) It is a sign between me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days Yahweh made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.’”​
So...no seventh day in the first week. Right! :rolleyes:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...no seventh day in the first week. Right! :rolleyes:
Peace ScottA, How are you today....i hope all is well.

There was NO WORK done by the LORD on the Seventh Day = Genesis 2:1-3

"Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made."

This is WHY God placed a 'death penalty' upon anyone who works on His Day of REST = Exodus 31:12-15

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

JESUS repeated this = we must choose between REST in Him or Death = John 3:16-18

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

“He who believes in Him is not condemned/REST; but he who does not believe is condemned already/Death, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

TODAY, the LORD Jesus Christ is our REST and no day of the week can satisfy God and therefore we are at Liberty in the Holy Spirit to work on Saturday or Sunday.
We are not at liberty to add to God's Finished Work = JESUS said on the Cross: "IT is FINISHED".

PEACE and JOY in His REST

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peace ScottA, How are you today....i hope all is well.

There was NO WORK done by the LORD on the Seventh Day = Genesis 2:1-3

"Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made."

This is WHY God placed a 'death penalty' upon anyone who works on His Day of REST = Exodus 31:12-15

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

JESUS repeated this = we must choose between REST in Him or Death = John 3:16-18

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

“He who believes in Him is not condemned/REST; but he who does not believe is condemned already/Death, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

TODAY, the LORD Jesus Christ is our REST and no day of the week can satisfy God and therefore we are at Liberty in the Holy Spirit to work on Saturday or Sunday.
We are not at liberty to add to God's Finished Work = JESUS said on the Cross: "IT is FINISHED".

PEACE and JOY in His REST
So...you are saying there was and is a seventh day. Great--that is what I said also! However, that was not the point.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...you are saying there was and is a seventh day. Great--that is what I said also! However, that was not the point.
6 days of work in the creation and the 7th day God rested

i am not sure what point you are making so please excuse my blunder and inform me = thank you

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6 days of work in the creation and the 7th day God rested

i am not sure what point you are making so please excuse my blunder and inform me = thank you
My point was to sight the creation week as a foreshadowing of God's plans for all who would be saved, whom are by definition, the 144,000 (spiritually defined as ("12 tribes" meaning all the chosen, and "thousand" specifically as a declared undefined number of all who are included, just as it is also defined "as the sand which is upon the seashore").

I also made the comparison to "a time, times, and half a time" which speaks to times rather than to people, as a quantification from another angle, as confirmation.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point was to sight the creation week as a foreshadowing of God's plans for all who would be saved, whom are by definition, the 144,000 (spiritually defined as ("12 tribes" meaning all the chosen, and "thousand" specifically as a declared undefined number of all who are included, just as it is also defined "as the sand which is upon the seashore").

I also made the comparison to "a time, times, and half a time" which speaks to times rather than to people, as a quantification from another angle, as confirmation.
It is wonderful that you SEE the 144,000 as the Body of Christ - few understand this.

Reactions: ScottA

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@keithr @amigo de christo @Taken @Ziggy

Here is what i see from OT to Christ in just a simple approach when looking at the Ark of the Covenant - i will use Ark for short.

On top of the Ark was the Mercy Seat with a Cherubim on both sides facing the Seat with their faces covered by their wings.
YHWH would appear to Moses on/above the Mercy Seat - Exodus 25:20-22
"And the cherubim shall stretch out their wings above, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and they shall face one another; the faces of the cherubim shall be toward the mercy seat.
You shall put the mercy seat on top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the Testimony that I will give you.
And there I will meet with you, and I will speak with you from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are on the ark of the Testimony, about everything which I will give you in commandment to the children of Israel."

Inside the Ark are the 10 Commandments.
Symbolically JESUS is the Ark of the Covenant and in HIM, in His Heart, in His Being are the 10 Commandments = Living in Him for us.
YHWH appeared above the Mercy Seat = JESUS sits at the Right Hand of God = the True Mercy Seat in Heaven = on our Behalf.
YHWH is the WORD that was God from the Beginning whom Moses saw face to face - Numbers 12:6-8

Hear now My words:
If there is a prophet among you,
I, the Lord, make Myself known to him in a vision;
I speak to him in a dream.
Not so with My servant Moses;
He is faithful in all My house.
I speak with him face to face,
Even plainly, and not in dark sayings;
And he sees the form of the Lord.

JESUS says: "No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is Himself God and is at the Father’s side, has made Him known."

Psalm 80
Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel,
Stir up Your strength,
And come and save us!
Restore us, O God;
And we shall be saved!

YHWH is the Good Shepherd - JESUS is the Good Shepherd - JESUS is YHWH who came to save us

I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
I am the Good Shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.
As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd."
John ch10

If we are in Christ then He is in us and HE preserves our hearts in Him, even when we go astray.
HE is the Good Shepherd that always calls us to Him and HE leads us to good pasture - another we will not follow!
Psalm 23
The LORD/YHWH/JESUS is my shepherd
;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

*** JESUS said HE is the Good Shepherd 3 times in One Breath = Pay ATTENTION to Who ELOHIM of Genesis/Exodus ARE.

Peace to ALL whom call upon the Name of YHWH = the LORD Jesus Christ our Good Shepherd - Amen

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Taken and Ziggy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here is what i see from OT to Christ in just a simple approach when looking at the Ark of the Covenant - i will use Ark for short.

On top of the Ark was the Mercy Seat with a Cherubim on both sides facing the Seat with their faces covered by their wings.
"And the cherubim shall stretch out their wings above, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and they shall face one another; the faces of the cherubim shall be toward the mercy seat.
You shall put the mercy seat on top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the Testimony that I will give you.
And there I will meet with you, and I will speak with you from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are on the ark of the Testimony, about everything which I will give you in commandment to the children of Israel."

Symbolically JESUS is the Ark of the Covenant and in HIM, in His Heart, in His Being are the 10 Commandments = Living in Him for us.
YHWH appeared above the Mercy Seat = JESUS sits at the Right Hand of God = the True Mercy Seat in Heaven = on our Behalf.
YHWH is the WORD that was God from the Beginning whom Moses saw face to face - Numbers 12:6-8

Hear now My words:

JESUS says: "No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is Himself God and is at the Father’s side, has made Him known."

Psalm 80
Stir up Your strength,
And come and save us!
Restore us, O God;
And we shall be saved!

YHWH is the Good Shepherd - JESUS is the Good Shepherd - JESUS is YHWH who came to save us

As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd."
John ch10

If we are in Christ then He is in us and HE preserves our hearts in Him, even when we go astray.
HE is the Good Shepherd that always calls us to Him and HE leads us to good pasture - another we will not follow!
Psalm 23
;
I shall not want.
He restores my soul;
For His name’s sake.

*** JESUS said HE is the Good Shepherd 3 times in one Breath = Pay ATTENTION to Who ELOHIM of Genesis/Exodus ARE.

Peace to ALL whom call upon the Name of YHWH = the LORD Jesus Christ our Good Shepherd - Amen
The Word was with God , God is the word . YES INDEED . LET THE KING BE PRAISED . Let all
that has breath praise , thank and rejoice in the glorious Lord

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hear now My words:

Psalm 80
Stir up Your strength,
And come and save us!
Restore us, O God;
And we shall be saved!

John ch10

Psalm 23
;
I shall not want.
He restores my soul;
For His name’s sake.

*** JESUS said HE is the Good Shepherd 3 times in one Breath = Pay ATTENTION to Who ELOHIM of Genesis/Exodus ARE.

Amen!
:D
Hugs

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who are the 144,000?​

The number 144,000 appears three times in the Book of Revelation:

• Revelation 7:3–8:

• Revelation 14:1:

• Revelation 14:3–5:
Servants of God it looks like. Specific to the 12 tribes, and those are faithful towards God, could consider them first century Christian’s, or the first ones to believe in the message which when Jesus had come proclaimed to be lost sheep of Israel, and Paul did outreach to the gentiles later on.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ziggy @amigo de christo
Read Ezekiel ch10 then immediately read Revelation chapters 4 & 5

Let me know what you SEE
PEACE
Exo 25:1
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Exo 25:8
And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.
Exo 25:9
According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.

Numbers chapter 9.
Num 9:15
And on the day that the tabernacle was reared up the cloud covered the tabernacle, namely, the tent of the testimony: and at even there was upon the tabernacle as it were the appearance of fire, until the morning.
Num 9:16
So it was alway: the cloud covered it by day, and the appearance of fire by night.
Num 9:17
And when the cloud was taken up from the tabernacle, then after that the children of Israel journeyed: and in the place where the cloud abode, there the children of Israel pitched their tents.
Num 9:18
At the commandment of the LORD the children of Israel journeyed, and at the commandment of the LORD they pitched: as long as the cloud abode upon the tabernacle they rested in their tents.
Num 9:19
And when the cloud tarried long upon the tabernacle many days, then the children of Israel kept the charge of the LORD, and journeyed not.
Num 9:20
And so it was, when the cloud was a few days upon the tabernacle; according to the commandment of the LORD they abode in their tents, and according to the commandment of the LORD they journeyed.
Num 9:21
And so it was, when the cloud abode from even unto the morning, and that the cloud was taken up in the morning, then they journeyed: whether it was by day or by night that the cloud was taken up, they journeyed.
Num 9:22
Or whether it were two days, or a month, or a year, that the cloud tarried upon the tabernacle, remaining thereon, the children of Israel abode in their tents, and journeyed not: but when it was taken up, they journeyed.
Num 9:23
At the commandment of the LORD they rested in the tents, and at the commandment of the LORD they journeyed: they kept the charge of the LORD, at the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Eze 1:19
And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.
Eze 1:20
Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
Eze 1:21
When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

God told Moses to set the tribes of Israel in particular order while traveling through the wilderness.
What does this remind you of?

Hugs

1679206761310.png

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your making me laugh. People think some of Matthew 24 text relates to the rapture as you think.
I don't "think" Matthew 24 and Mark 13 relates to the day of Christ's future coming and gathering of His faithful Church, I KNOW IT DOES.

Matthew 24:31 and Mark 13:27 is exactly what Apostle Paul was teaching in 1 Thessalonians 4! But alas, most of you folks on man's false pre-trib rapture theory that I have spoken with show they don't really know what all that Paul taught in 1 Thessalonians 4.

So no brainer that you don't recognize those Matthew 24:31 and Mark 13:27 verses that Paul taught.

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 25:1
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Exo 25:8
And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.
Exo 25:9
According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.

Numbers chapter 9.
Num 9:15
And on the day that the tabernacle was reared up the cloud covered the tabernacle, namely, the tent of the testimony: and at even there was upon the tabernacle as it were the appearance of fire, until the morning.
Num 9:16
So it was alway: the cloud covered it by day, and the appearance of fire by night.
Num 9:17
And when the cloud was taken up from the tabernacle, then after that the children of Israel journeyed: and in the place where the cloud abode, there the children of Israel pitched their tents.
Num 9:18
At the commandment of the LORD the children of Israel journeyed, and at the commandment of the LORD they pitched: as long as the cloud abode upon the tabernacle they rested in their tents.
Num 9:19
And when the cloud tarried long upon the tabernacle many days, then the children of Israel kept the charge of the LORD, and journeyed not.
Num 9:20
And so it was, when the cloud was a few days upon the tabernacle; according to the commandment of the LORD they abode in their tents, and according to the commandment of the LORD they journeyed.
Num 9:21
And so it was, when the cloud abode from even unto the morning, and that the cloud was taken up in the morning, then they journeyed: whether it was by day or by night that the cloud was taken up, they journeyed.
Num 9:22
Or whether it were two days, or a month, or a year, that the cloud tarried upon the tabernacle, remaining thereon, the children of Israel abode in their tents, and journeyed not: but when it was taken up, they journeyed.
Num 9:23
At the commandment of the LORD they rested in the tents, and at the commandment of the LORD they journeyed: they kept the charge of the LORD, at the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Eze 1:19
And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.
Eze 1:20
Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
Eze 1:21
When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

God told Moses to set the tribes of Israel in particular order while traveling through the wilderness.
What does this remind you of?

Hugs

View attachment 30550

Good Morning ziggy,

@keithr and eveyone who does not know the LORD/YHWH the Good Shepherd YESHUA needs to study their Bibles.

YHWH Yeshua says - "No one has seen the Father except the One who is God; only He has seen the Father."

Ezekiel saw the Lord
And above the firmament over their heads was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like a sapphire stone; on the likeness of the throne was a likeness with the appearance of a man high above it. Also from the appearance of His waist and upward I saw, as it were, the color of amber with the appearance of fire all around within it; and from the appearance of His waist and downward I saw, as it were, the appearance of fire with brightness all around. Like the appearance of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it.
This was the appearance of the likeness of the Glory of the Lord

There is a specific Cherubim that worships and accompanies the LORD - Ezekiel 10:14
Each one had four faces: the first face was the face of a cherub, the second face the face of a man, the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle. And the cherubim were lifted up. This was the living creature I saw by the River Chebar.

This is the SAME Cherubim we see in Revelation chapters 4 & 5

From the throne came flashes of lightning, and rumblings, and peals of thunder. Before the throne burned seven torches of fire. These are the seven Spirits of God. And before the throne was something like a sea of glass, as clear as crystal. In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, covered with eyes in front and back. The first living creature was like a lion, the second like a calf, the third had a face like a man, and the fourth was like an eagle in flight. And each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around and within. Day and night they never stop saying:
“Holy, Holy, Holy,
is the Lord God Almighty,
who was and is and is to come!”

A.) Then I saw a Lamb who appeared to have been slain, Standing in the Center of the Throne,
B.) encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which represent the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
C.) And He came and took the scroll from the right hand of the One seated on the throne.

Then I looked, and I heard the voices of many angels and living creatures and elders encircling the throne, and their number was myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands.
In a loud voice they were saying:

Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and riches
and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and blessing!”
And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying:
“To Him who sits on the throne
and to the Lamb

be praise and honor and glory and power
forever and ever!”
And the four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped.

Pay ATTENTION now @keithr and all JW's and others = you have been lied to!!!

You have been told that you are not to worship YHWH YESHUA

Reject that lie and open your heart to receive HIM who STANDS in the
CENTER of the THRONE and is worshipped.

If you are not currently worshipping YESHUA you are not worshipping YHWH and not glorifying the FATHER.

Rejoice in YHWH YESHUA the Savior our KING and our Redeemer = the Redeemer of Israel - Amen

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see Jesus strolling over mountains and through the valleys. Over rivers and through deserts.
From Genesis to Revelation.

Psa 139:7
Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
Psa 139:8
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
Psa 139:9
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Psa 139:10
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
Psa 139:11
If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
Psa 139:12
Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

There's that darkness stunned by grace is working on... lol

Everlasting to Everlasting
Alpha and Omega
Who was, and is, and is to come

And every knee shall bow.
Lord of lords and King of kings
God Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth
Amen

Hugs

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see Jesus strolling over mountains and through the valleys. Over rivers and through deserts.
From Genesis to Revelation.

Psa 139:7
Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
Psa 139:8
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
Psa 139:9
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Psa 139:10
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
Psa 139:11
If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
Psa 139:12
Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

There's that darkness stunned by grace is working on... lol

Everlasting to Everlasting
Alpha and Omega
Who was, and is, and is to come

And every knee shall bow.
Lord of lords and King of kings
God Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth
Amen

Hugs
LOL - i was going to post this same scripture to you.

• Love
Reactions: Ziggy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My thoughts are perhaps God set himself aside people, whom ended up meeting Christ Jesus and they were set aside as the bride of Christ (the first 144,000 fruits being the spotless blameless church which was to be the bride whom Christ would come back for during the times which came upon those in Jerusalem) that Jesus would come back to rescue then from a terribly, horribly, catastrophic demise which would be the wrath of God carried out upon those whom had enough time to repent possibly even during the plagues that had occurred when the bowls are poured out on the land, the territory around the nation of Israel and the destruction of Jerusalem which came at the cost of 1,000,000 along with all their land obliterated.

Was it for a purpose? I believe so.

Consider;

“And Ahab declareth to Jezebel all that Elijah did, and all how he slew all the prophets by the sword, and Jezebel sendeth a messenger unto Elijah, saying, ‘Thus doth the gods, and thus do they add, surely about this time to-morrow, I make thy life as the life of one of them.’

And he feareth, and riseth, and goeth for his life, and cometh in to Beer-Sheba, that [is] Judah's, and leaveth his young man there, and he himself hath gone into the wilderness a day's Journey, and cometh and sitteth under a certain retem-tree, and desireth his soul to die, and saith, ‘Enough, now, O Jehovah, take my soul, for I [am] not better than my fathers.’

And he lieth down and sleepeth under a certain retem-tree, and lo, a messenger cometh against him, and saith to him, ‘Rise, eat;’ and he looketh attentively, and lo, at his bolster a cake [baken on] burning stones, and a dish of water, and he eateth, and drinketh, and turneth, and lieth down.

And the messenger of Jehovah turneth back a second time, and cometh against him, and saith, ‘Rise, eat, for the way is too great for thee;’ and he riseth, and eateth, and drinketh, and goeth in the power of that food forty days and forty nights, unto the mount of God — Horeb.

And he cometh in there, unto the cave, and lodgeth there, and lo, the word of Jehovah [is] unto him, and saith to him, ‘What — to thee, here, Elijah?’

And he saith, ‘I have been very zealous for Jehovah, God of Hosts, for the sons of Israel have forsaken Thy covenant — Thine altars they have thrown down, and Thy prophets they have slain by the sword, and I am left, I, by myself, and they seek my life — to take it.’ And He saith, ‘Go out, and thou hast stood in the mount before Jehovah.’

And lo, Jehovah is passing by, and a wind — great and strong — is rending mountains, and shivering rocks before Jehovah: — not in the wind [is] Jehovah; and after the wind a shaking: — not in the shaking [is] Jehovah; and after the shaking a fire: — not in the fire [is] Jehovah; and after the fire a voice still small; and it cometh to pass, at Elijah's hearing [it], that he wrappeth his face in his robe, and goeth out, and standeth at the opening of the cave, and lo, unto him [is] a voice, and it saith, ‘What — to thee, here, Elijah?’

And he saith, ‘I have been very zealous for Jehovah, God of Hosts; for the sons of Israel have forsaken Thy covenant, Thine altars they have thrown down, and Thy prophets they have slain by the sword, and I am left, I, by myself, and they seek my life — to take it.’

And Jehovah saith unto him, ‘Go turn back on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus, and thou hast gone in, and anointed Hazael for king over Aram, and Jehu son of Nimshi thou dost anoint for king over Israel, and Elisha son of Shaphat, of Abel-Meholah, thou dost anoint for prophet in thy stead. ‘

And it hath been, him who is escaped from the sword of Hazael, put to death doth Jehu, and him who is escaped from the sword of Jehu put to death doth Elisha; and I have left in Israel seven thousand, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that hath not kissed him.’

And he goeth thence, and findeth Elisha son of Shaphat, and he is plowing; twelve yoke [are] before him, and he [is] with the twelfth; and Elijah passeth over unto him, and casteth his robe upon him, and he forsaketh the oxen, and runneth after Elijah, and saith, ‘Let me give a kiss, I pray thee, to my father and to my mother, and I go after thee.

’ And he saith to him, ‘Go, turn back, for what have I done to thee?’

And he turneth back from after him, and taketh the yoke of oxen, and sacrificeth it, and with instruments of the oxen he hath boiled their flesh, and giveth to the people, and they eat, and he riseth, and goeth after Elijah, and serveth him.”
‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭19‬:‭1‬-‭21‬ ‭YLT98‬‬