Who are the sons of God and the daughters of men

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you couldn't provide any proof for your claims. Be well. Catch you on another thread.
Ronald,
Why does it matter that I couldn't provide proof? I told you that I got my information from a PHD of history, who I know to be a faithful Christian man. And unless you believe that I am a liar, you might grant me a moment of your time to look it up for yourself, i.e. prove it for your own edification. I guarantee that if you take the requisite time to search out the matter, you will discover that many of the ancients believed that kings were either gods or sons of gods. This is so common that you won't spend more than a half hour on the matter. I told you, I thought everyone knew this.
Yes, i have checked this out thoroughly.

No humans of the flesh are referred to as 'sons of God'.

Only the Elect of God, Born-Again of the Spirit, are referred to as 'sons of God' and this only pertains to their spirit - not the flesh.

Mark 12:24-27
Jesus answered and said to them, “Are you not therefore mistaken, because you do not know the Scriptures nor the power of God?
For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. But concerning the dead, that they rise, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the burning bush passage, how God spoke to him, saying, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living. You are therefore greatly mistaken.”

1 John 3:1-3
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
Being a "son of God" is not an attribute but a status.

Olin

May 8, 2023
Lake Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People spend too much valuable time looking for imps and demons than they do seeking spiritual growth.
I would say everything in the Bible is worth looking into. Many prophets and apostles died to do so. Including Jesus. That also includes many protectors of manuscripts and even translators.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ronald,
Why does it matter that I couldn't provide proof? I told you that I got my information from a PHD of history, who I know to be a faithful Christian man. And unless you believe that I am a liar, you might grant me a moment of your time to look it up for yourself, i.e. prove it for your own edification. I guarantee that if you take the requisite time to search out the matter, you will discover that many of the ancients believed that kings were either gods or sons of gods. This is so common that you won't spend more than a half hour on the matter. I told you, I thought everyone knew this.

Being a "son of God" is not an attribute but a status.
Correct, and the 'status' of being a "son of God" can only come about directly by God, via Born-Again by His Spirit.

Did you read the scriptures i posted for you???

There are no humans of the flesh that have the 'status' of "sons of God".

Only the Elect of God, Born-Again of the Spirit, are referred to as 'sons of God' and this only pertains to their spirit - not the flesh.
Mark 12:24-27
Jesus answered and said to them, “Are you not therefore mistaken, because you do not know the Scriptures nor the power of God?
For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. But concerning the dead, that they rise, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the burning bush passage, how God spoke to him, saying, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living. You are therefore greatly mistaken.”

1 John 3:1-3
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's a good thesis of marrying outside the faith. You also make a good point from 1 Corinthians 15. I don't think if means angels cannot mate with women. The Bible says angels take on the form of or bodies. They were only temporary though. That's how we can entertain angels without knowing it. The angels can eat, drink, and talk with us like any other person. Do you have any Bible showing they can't marry and mate with women also? Any Bible proving those sons of God were believers? The Bible calls the angels sons of God at creation and afterward.

Sin came into the world through one man Adam thus man has a sinful nature through one man Adam

Olin

May 8, 2023
Lake Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin came into the world through one man Adam thus man has a sinful nature through one man Adam
What does this have to do with your thesis? I'm willing to agree with it if you have Bible for what I asked. If not then it's just a thesis of yours. I have no problem with personal ideas about the Bible which includes my own. I only believe doctrine and prophecy of God that Bible verses say without doubt. I believe God allows room for personal interpretation rather than just saying something outright. It forces us to study all the Bible together in order to narrow things down. At this point I believe you may be part right. If those sons of God were angels, then they were righteous angles at the time. In Job when the sons of God gather, the Bible makes a distinction between them and Satan coming in. No0 bible verse says that it is a sin for angels to mate with women. The Bible does talk about the angels that sinned and Jude says they left their first station. The offspring are called men of renown, not angels.

Reactions: David in NJ

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fallen angels = just as Scripture Declares
Fallen angels….Satan and his cronies….
Have similarities and differences from manKIND.

Similarity is FREEWILL.

Differences they have Greater Powers and and were created with Greater Knowledge.

It is UNDERSTANDING the Knowledge that IS A MYSTERY to many….MEN and Satan ALIKE.
UNDERSTANDING Gods Word of Knowledge….ONLY comes from God.

People full well know, SATAN KNOWS the Scriptures…..HOWEVER Satan IS bankrupt when it comes to UNDERSTANDING the Scriptures… It is his downfall, and AS WELL the downfall of many men.

Satan had a dilemma from the get go…
Knowledgable, Beautiful, Talented, Clever…
(he became his own demon, because none of things, equated to Understanding the Big Picture)

And the fact is MANY men, have similar issues thinking, being Told what to Believe, Wealth, Beauty, Talent, Cleverness, Popularity, and College Degrees….is sufficient, (without Understanding the Big Picture.)

BTW…hope this is a pain free day for you. :)

Reactions: David in NJ

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What does this have to do with your thesis? I'm willing to agree with it if you have Bible for what I asked. If not then it's just a thesis of yours. I have no problem with personal ideas about the Bible which includes my own. I only believe doctrine and prophecy of God that Bible verses say without doubt. I believe God allows room for personal interpretation rather than just saying something outright. It forces us to study all the Bible together in order to narrow things down. At this point I believe you may be part right. If those sons of God were angels, then they were righteous angles at the time. In Job when the sons of God gather, the Bible makes a distinction between them and Satan coming in. No0 bible verse says that it is a sin for angels to mate with women. The Bible does talk about the angels that sinned and Jude says they left their first station. The offspring are called men of renown, not angels.

All mankind but Jesus came through Adam. Mankind is born with the sinful nature of Adam thus angles did not mate and have offspring.

Thats why Jesus was conceived through the Holy Spirit to save us all

1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made

Olin

May 8, 2023
Lake Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All mankind but Jesus came through Adam. Mankind is born with the sinful nature of Adam thus angles did not mate and have offspring.

Thats why Jesus was conceived through the Holy Spirit to save us all

1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made
Without a Bible verse to prove one way or other, we can each interpret the same verses differently. All in Christ are made alive. No Bible verse says all men ever born will be in Christ.

Your doctrinal effort of trying to support your theory isn't sufficient. If you show any verse saying angels can't marry and law with women, then I'd agree. Jesus says only as angels in heaven is there no marrying and mating.

You're sinful birth is also theory. Do you have Bible saying all men are born sinful? I have Bible that says sucking babes are of God and His reward and heritage. (Psalms 22:9, 127:3)

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Without a Bible verse to prove one way or other, we can each interpret the same verses differently. All in Christ are made alive. No Bible verse says all men ever born will be in Christ.

Your doctrinal effort of trying to support your theory isn't sufficient. If you show any verse saying angels can't marry and law with women, then I'd agree. Jesus says only as angels in heaven is there no marrying and mating.

You're sinful birth is also theory. Do you have Bible saying all men are born sinful? I have Bible that says sucking babes are of God and His reward and heritage. (Psalms 22:9, 127:3)

I believe that 1 Corinthians 15 proves it all

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fallen angels….Satan and his cronies….
Have similarities and differences from manKIND.

Similarity is FREEWILL.

Differences they have Greater Powers and and were created with Greater Knowledge.

It is UNDERSTANDING the Knowledge that IS A MYSTERY to many….MEN and Satan ALIKE.
UNDERSTANDING Gods Word of Knowledge….ONLY comes from God.

People full well know, SATAN KNOWS the Scriptures…..HOWEVER Satan IS bankrupt when it comes to UNDERSTANDING the Scriptures… It is his downfall, and AS WELL the downfall of many men.

Satan had a dilemma from the get go…
Knowledgable, Beautiful, Talented, Clever…
(he became his own demon, because none of things, equated to Understanding the Big Picture)

And the fact is MANY men, have similar issues thinking, being Told what to Believe, Wealth, Beauty, Talent, Cleverness, Popularity, and College Degrees….is sufficient, (without Understanding the Big Picture.)

BTW…hope this is a pain free day for you. :)
Thank you my Brother

i had to climb two days in a row and help my son on the day(yesterday) = today was miserable for me

No work today and maybe this whole week - May 24th is the surgery

Reactions: amigo de christo

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 3:21-26
But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.
For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

John 3:18
“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Ephesians 2:1-3
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

1 Corinthians 15:20-23
But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 3:21-26
But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.
For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

John 3:18
“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Ephesians 2:1-3
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

1 Corinthians 15:20-23
But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming.
March on in the LORD my friend . Pointing to faith in Christ . Yes indeed .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If those sons of God were angels, then they were righteous angles at the time.

I do believe any unholy angel IN heaven, was cast out.

I also believe there were holy angels that came TO Earth holy, and fell from their holiness while ON Earth.

Case in point, holy angels who came to Earth and became enchanted with the beauty of Human Women…..so enchanted they took them for wives.

In Job when the sons of God gather, the Bible makes a distinction between them and Satan coming in. No0 bible verse says that it is a sin for angels to mate with women. The Bible does talk about the angels that sinned and Jude says they left their first station. The offspring are called men of renown, not angels.

Agree.

While gender male and female is specific to animals and humans….
God, Spirits, Angels, always have the identity reference as masculine…ie He, him, his…
And Nations, Countries, Earth, always have the identity reference as feminine…ie She, her, hers…

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew is not saying that God sired a son. God is a spirit as Jesus said.

God is many things but God the Father did sire a Son via the Holy Spirit. This was Jesus (God the Son), born of the virgin Mary.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, and the 'status' of being a "son of God" can only come about directly by God, via Born-Again by His Spirit.

Did you read the scriptures i posted for you???

There are no humans of the flesh that have the 'status' of "sons of God".
I understand, but it isn't relevant to the question.
The status of "son" pertains to the entire person: body, soul, and spirit.

Consider the following passage from Romans 8, my favorite chapter.

Romans 8:9-11
However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Even as the Spirit of God dwells in a man, his body is dead, Paul says. But this is not the final state of the man in Christ. He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will give life to his mortal body through the Spirit that dwells in him. HIs status as the son of God never changes through the process: he was a son of God when his body was dead; and he will be a son of God afterward when the Spirit gives life to his mortal body.

When Jesus says that those in the resurrection will be "like" angels, in what way will they be angelic?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is many things but God the Father did sire a Son via the Holy Spirit. This was Jesus (God the Son), born of the virgin Mary.
If she was a virgin, and I believe she was. This means she had no partner. Don't change a miracle into a natural act.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say everything in the Bible is worth looking into. Many prophets and apostles died to do so. Including Jesus.
Jesus Is God Almighty

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand, but it isn't relevant to the question.

The status of "son" pertains to the entire person: body, soul, and spirit.

Consider the following passage from Romans 8, my favorite chapter.

Romans 8:9-11
However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Even as the Spirit of God dwells in a man, his body is dead, Paul says. But this is not the final state of the man in Christ. He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will give life to his mortal body through the Spirit that dwells in him. HIs status as the son of God never changes through the process: he was a son of God when his body was dead; and he will be a son of God afterward when the Spirit gives life to his mortal body.

When Jesus says that those in the resurrection will be "like" angels, in what way will they be angelic?
Those scriptures i gave you are 100% irrefutably directly connected to understanding who the "sons of God" were/are in Genesis ch6

So also is Romans 8: 9-11"though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness"
AND
1 Cor ch15 - Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Our flesh bodies were not Born-Again, only our spirit.

This you said is true: "But this is not the final state of the man in Christ."

Focus on the TRUTH = Luke 20:34-36

Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage.
But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage;
nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

Focus on the TRUTH = 1 John 3:1-3

If you deny or misalign scripture, you will come to your own understanding (PhD) and FAIL to SEE what has been Said.

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The English word is Nephilim.

This is not true. The Hebrew word is הַנְּפִלִ֞ים its English word is Nephilim....הַנְּפִלִ֞ים means giants or killer giants.

I do not mind exchanging ideas on this and word study is just fun. But......

Genesis 6:1 Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

The giants were already there and the offspring of the sons of God were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

But there is not enough information in the Bible to debate the impregnation of the women by the sons of God. That is one of the reasons that there is more than one opinion on what these scriptures are talking about. Because there is not much information people adlib and speculate....even biblical commentaries.

If you want to look into it and remain in the Bible you can read about the Nephilim and later the Rephaim and Anakim and get more information on these giants as they moved through history. These giants were huge hideous humanoid creatures that were the enemy of the Hebrews and others. The Bible is not the only source that tells of them. Goliath type stories appear outside the Bible and archeological evidence discovered recently backs up the David and Goliath story.

These giants had other run’ins with other cultures, but that information and there connection to the offspring of the sons of God is all outside the Bible. But I am not going to get into it here because this is a Bible only format, so people would not believe what I would tell them and I would catch heat over it and it is not worth it for me.

Now you can go study this on your own….LOL….but it is going to cost you time, money, and travel. And keep in mind that during that time period of Genesis the height of men were between 5 feet and 5 and a half feet. So anything between 6 foot 5 inches and 8 feet ~ or above could be considered a giant. There have been several archeological discoveries and they do not have the DNA of Neanderthals or modern man. They call this race the Denisovans. There are videos on the web about discovering the graves of these giants and one of them came from right here in the Ozarks about 60 miles from me.

So as I said, we can exchange information, but we are not going to be able to site enough bibleical information to prove anything. The explaination is outside of the Bible.

The account begins with mankind multiplying and giving birth to daughters. Born among mankind were sons and daughters. The question is who were "the sons of God" and "the daughters of men"? According to Gen 4:26 from the lineage of Seth a human son was born, and he was called Enos. It was then that mankind began to call upon the name of the Lord. Is this enough to prove the line that originated from Seth, the son of Adam, who was another son appointed by God instead of Abel whom Cain killed, were human sons of God who procreated and produced offspring with daughters of men from the line of Cain? Or the line that introduced revenge and murder to mankind?

Genesis 4:25-26 (KJV) And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

From this passage we learn that calling upon the name of the Lord did not come from the line of Cain, who had been driven away from the line of Seth to become a vagabond upon the earth. It would be unreasonable to deny those who call upon the name of the LORD are not the sons of God. But who are the daughters of men these sons of God desired and took against the will of God?

Genesis 4:3-5 (KJV) And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

Offerings were obviously made unto the LORD even before mankind began to call upon His name. Both Cain and Abel gave offerings, but only the offering made of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof by Abel were acceptable to the LORD. The offering of the fruit of the ground by Cain wasn't even said to be the firstfruit that was what the LORD desired.

The story goes on to show how in a rage of jealous anger Cain murdered his brother Abel and was subsequently driven out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. Cain's wife conceived and bare Enoch, he built a city and called the city after the name of his son, Enoch. As this line continues, we read of Enoch's son, Lamech who was a murderer and considered the vengeance of God toward Cain would be light compared to his own (see Gen 4:23-24).

The point for this rambling is that a strong case can be made that the daughters of men were women in unbelief, being born in an atmosphere without being in the presence of the LORD, and no desire for calling upon His name. They were daughters of wickedness, and though beautiful to look at forbidden of those who called upon the name of the LORD, the sons of God to marry. In disobedience to God the faithful sons of God married and bare children of wickedness through these daughters of men. The resulting flood that God brought upon the earth was to rid the world of this great wickedness of mankind, not of fallen angels. It is mankind in unbelief, without desiring to call upon the name of the Lord whose hearts are only evil continually, not fallen angels, if there be any such thing.

Genesis 6:1-5 (KJV) And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The account begins with mankind multiplying and giving birth to daughters. Born among mankind were sons and daughters. The question is who were "the sons of God" and "the daughters of men"? According to Gen 4:26 from the lineage of Seth a human son was born, and he was called Enos. It was then that mankind began to call upon the name of the Lord. Is this enough to prove the line that originated from Seth, the son of Adam, who was another son appointed by God instead of Abel whom Cain killed, were human sons of God who procreated and produced offspring with daughters of men from the line of Cain? Or the line that introduced revenge and murder to mankind?

Genesis 4:25-26 (KJV) And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

From this passage we learn that calling upon the name of the Lord did not come from the line of Cain, who had been driven away from the line of Seth to become a vagabond upon the earth. It would be unreasonable to deny those who call upon the name of the LORD are not the sons of God. But who are the daughters of men these sons of God desired and took against the will of God?

Genesis 4:3-5 (KJV) And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

Offerings were obviously made unto the LORD even before mankind began to call upon His name. Both Cain and Abel gave offerings, but only the offering made of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof by Abel were acceptable to the LORD. The offering of the fruit of the ground by Cain wasn't even said to be the firstfruit that was what the LORD desired.

The story goes on to show how in a rage of jealous anger Cain murdered his brother Abel and was subsequently driven out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. Cain's wife conceived and bare Enoch, he built a city and called the city after the name of his son, Enoch. As this line continues, we read of Enoch's son, Lamech who was a murderer and considered the vengeance of God toward Cain would be light compared to his own (see Gen 4:23-24).

The point for this rambling is that a strong case can be made that the daughters of men were women in unbelief, being born in an atmosphere without being in the presence of the LORD, and no desire for calling upon His name. They were daughters of wickedness, and though beautiful to look at forbidden of those who called upon the name of the LORD, the sons of God to marry. In disobedience to God the faithful sons of God married and bare children of wickedness through these daughters of men. The resulting flood that God brought upon the earth was to rid the world of this great wickedness of mankind, not of fallen angels. It is mankind in unbelief, without desiring to call upon the name of the Lord whose hearts are only evil continually, not fallen angels, if there be any such thing.

Genesis 6:1-5 (KJV) And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Seth and his prodigy were not 'sons of God'.