Who Are The Sons OF God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an interesting Statement:

Jos 24:3
And I took your father Abraham from the other side of the flood, and led him throughout all the land of Canaan, and multiplied his seed, and gave him Isaac.

Think About that. other side of the flood. Noah's days....
where's that verse..
Mat 24:37
But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Prior verse:
Jos 24:2
And Joshua said unto all the people, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor: and they served other gods.

In old time. hold up..
1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

spirits in prison:
Jde 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

saved by water. Oh oh here comes John again.. This guy is everywhere..
Mat 3:7
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I see this trend happening over and over..

So what was happening before the flood.. before John began his baptizing ministry?
Mat 24:38
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
comparing..
Luk 7:34
The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

But wisdom is justified of her children.
Wisdom.. there's a thread about that.. justified of her children.. where is wisdom? That's a pearl.

ANAK... stay focused.
Even Terah
Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor: and they served other gods.

Terach
Terah = "station"
Tarah = "delay"
Terach, the father of Abraham; also a place in the Desert:

All ABOARD!!
or not..

Terach is a place in the Desert a "station" from which Terah Abraham's father came from.
Station.. made me think of Jacob's ladder again.. don't know why.. station like a train station..
An entry point.
A point in time.
as in old time.

Maybe it's a wormhole... haha not funny
Made me think of "what IS under the ice in the antarctic ? "
And what are the pyramids hiding.

So on the other side of the flood, that is, in Noah's day, they were eating and drinking in places like train stations.
I think we call that Grand Central Station. I think they have that at the Denver Int'l too.. not sure, but it seems big enough.
And those tunnels under it, and the crazy murals on the walls.. OH MY.

ready for Jeopardy?
What do pyramids and Denver Intl have in common?

Deu 2:10 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims;
Deu 2:11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites call them Emims.

It's like this whole other world with giants and dinosaurs.. what an adventure..

The heavens have generations too.. but thats for another adventure.. right Bilbo?

I need another shovel..

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

If Adam was the son of God, who are the sons of God? Who are the daughters of men?

Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Well remember we are going from Hebrew to Greek so the term doesn't compare equally.

There are only three times when the term "bene elohim" occurs. Two in Job which no one questions are the angels. Given rules of interpretation and exegesis, we have to conclude that the Genesis 6 passage refers to angels.

How can men produce the men of reknown and the Nephilim (giants is a bad translation) by marrying women?

Why doesn't it happen to day?

There are some crazy ideas.

1. Sons of God were H. Sapiens and daughters of men were H. Neanderthals craze all around!
2. sons were the righteous line of seth and daughters were the unrioghteous line of cain.

Problems with this line of reasoning:
a) how did they get called righteous if they married unrighteous women?
b) were there no fair daughters of God? Werew they all ugly???
c) as I already stated how can humans produce the titans- which I believe the ancient mythologies of the gods and demi-gods came from!

The gods would have been the fallen angels
the demi-gods would have been the mighty men of reknown that took on names like hercules, apollos, icarus etc.

Now the book of Enoch (though not Scripture) talks about the nephilim which werwe the watchers who were mighty! so it is possible some of these mighty men were some sort of sentries of men or something like that.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well remember we are going from Hebrew to Greek so the term doesn't compare equally.

There are only three times when the term "bene elohim" occurs. Two in Job which no one questions are the angels. Given rules of interpretation and exegesis, we have to conclude that the Genesis 6 passage refers to angels.

How can men produce the men of reknown and the Nephilim (giants is a bad translation) by marrying women?

Why doesn't it happen to day?

There are some crazy ideas.

1. Sons of God were H. Sapiens and daughters of men were H. Neanderthals craze all around!
2. sons were the righteous line of seth and daughters were the unrioghteous line of cain.

Problems with this line of reasoning:
a) how did they get called righteous if they married unrighteous women?
b) were there no fair daughters of God? Werew they all ugly???
c) as I already stated how can humans produce the titans- which I believe the ancient mythologies of the gods and demi-gods came from!

The gods would have been the fallen angels
the demi-gods would have been the mighty men of reknown that took on names like hercules, apollos, icarus etc.

Now the book of Enoch (though not Scripture) talks about the nephilim which werwe the watchers who were mighty! so it is possible some of these mighty men were some sort of sentries of men or something like that.
Like the Anakim and Emims..
and Dagon .. really interesting stuff..
I'm working on a thread called Giants.
And Alice went to look for her looking glass down the rabbit hole,
and she hasn't come back yet..
That rabbit hole is deep.

HUGS :)

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who Are The Sons OF God?

Simply, any terrestrial or celestial being that HAS the SEED of God Is A son of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Truther and Ziggy

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

If Adam was the son of God, who are the sons of God? Who are the daughters of men?

Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
The sons of God were the descendants of the children of Adam, the son of God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nephilim are not a hybrid......you can be certain of that.
Do Angels have male and female sex organs?.....do they reproduce among themselves?......I think you know the answer to that and can make the appropriate deduction!
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Yes...primarily-
An ALIVE spirit never subject to death-

Why- fallen angels will be in Torments forever-
In Fire pit in Hell-
Power removed, can not Leave.
ALIVE Forever.

And Gods mercy on Corrupt humans-
WHO Reject the Lord God-
WHO never become saved-
Also are never given Gods Seed, to have Forever spiritual life, separated from God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Truther

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes...primarily-
An ALIVE spirit never subject to death-

Why- fallen angels will be in Torments forever-
In Fire pit in Hell-
Power removed, can not Leave.
ALIVE Forever.

And Gods mercy on Corrupt humans-
WHO Reject the Lord God-
WHO never become saved-
Also are never given Gods Seed, to have Forever spiritual life, separated from God.

Glory to God,
Taken
I will assume Taken, you have loved somebody.....I mean, felt so enamoured by them your thoughts about them could not find escape.....they dominated your whole world...you gave everything you had so they would love you back....maybe you haven't but can you imagine it?

'God so loved the world he gave his only Son......' whewwwww....I can barely get my breath when I think about it........and further, when will God stop loving the World?.......I mean, will he just switch off one day and say 'I don't love you anymore'?

Jesus stood looking down upon the favoured city, the one he'd toiled and toiled and toiled for and they didn't want him. A flood of tears bursts from him like a broken dam as he see's the outcome of their choice ..'oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem, how often would I have gathered your children as a hen gathers her chicks'.....the tears are streaming down his face and his voice is choked......because his very purpose was to give them life and they chose death.

For your beloved Taken, would you weep also? or would you destroy her....even burn her forever.....because she didn't do what you wanted?

Reactions: Nancy

Jaxxi

Oct 24, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

These are the sons of God.
And these are the names of their leaders: Sêmîazâz, their leader, Arâkîba, Râmêêl, Kôkabîêl, Tâmîêl, Râmîêl, Dânêl, Êzêqêêl, Barâqîjâl, Asâêl, Armârôs, Batârêl, Anânêl, Zaqîêl, Samsâpêêl, Satarêl, Tûrêl, Jômjâêl, Sariêl. 8. These are their chiefs of tens.

The Book of Enoch is incredible. There are 200 sons of God, angels that fell with Satan. They are called the Grigori also.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will assume Taken, you have loved somebody.....I mean, felt so enamoured by them your thoughts about them could not find escape.....they dominated your whole world...you gave everything you had so they would love you back....maybe you haven't but can you imagine it?

'God so loved the world he gave his only Son......' whewwwww....I can barely get my breath when I think about it........and further, when will God stop loving the World?.......I mean, will he just switch off one day and say 'I don't love you anymore'?

Jesus stood looking down upon the favoured city, the one he'd toiled and toiled and toiled for and they didn't want him. A flood of tears bursts from him like a broken dam as he see's the outcome of their choice ..'oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem, how often would I have gathered your children as a hen gathers her chicks'.....the tears are streaming down his face and his voice is choked......because his very purpose was to give them life and they chose death.

For your beloved Taken, would you weep also? or would you destroy her....even burn her forever.....because she didn't do what you wanted?

(Loving one that rejects you- )
...can you imagine it?

Sure.

...when will God stop loving the World?

Never.

...just switch off one day and say 'I don't love you anymore'?

(Regarding- People-Angel's-Animals...
Because: THEY- Have a "soul".)

Stop loving? No.

(Regarding - The Heavens- The World- )

Stop loving? No

...they chose death.

(Regarding Angels & People.../with a soul/ Freewill/ - Option to Freely Choose Life -
Option to Freely Choose Death).

(Regarding LIFE & DEATH;)
...LIFE;
* For-EVER "WITH" The Lord God Almighty
...DEATH;
* For-EVER "WITHOUT" The Lord God Almighty.

For your beloved Taken, would you weep also?

Sure.

or would you destroy her....even burn her forever.....because she didn't do what you wanted?

destroy "HER" ?
1) "HER" (feminine ) is typically a reference To Nations, Countries, Kingdoms, World, Earth.

2) Heaven ---> Kingdom, Gods Throne
(Everlasting Holy)

3) Angel's ---> (Celestials) Occupants OF a portion OF Heaven, their Estate.
(Corrupted/ to be Renewed)

4) Earth SURFACE ---> Estate OF Mankind
(Corrupted/ to be Renewed)

4) Mankind---> (Terrestrials) --- Created out OF the Dust (upper surface) OF The Earth (Dry Land/Ground).
(Corrupted/ Some "in process of being Renewed/ Some Not")

* Freewill- Option to Willingly (without encumbrances) Freely ---> "CHOOSE"
LIFE or DEATH.

* Absolute- True- Unequivable- KNOWLEDGE is REVEALED ..."FOR RESULT"... OF every single Individual's "OWN Freewill Choice".

Sure, Anyone- be it the Lord God, a Mankind,
* can BE Saddened, Weep...
Because of (What ONE Loves), has Freely CHOSEN TO Reject (Something "ELSE" what that ONE Loves).

For example- a man can have Two sons, Love Them Both- yet the One son hates the Other-
- the man doesn't stop loving both sons.
- the One son doesn't stop loving the other.

Yet by the Choice of the "hateful" son...
He "Chooses" to be "separated" from his brother.
(And... in a reality situation...
when the man (father) has a gathering of his family...the hateful son will Reject Gathering with his own father...IF, the son (brother), he hates...will be at his father's House Gathering.)

* LOVE- obviously is an Emotional Feeling.
However LOVE has a deeper meaning-
LOVE- at its Core is DOING what IS Best (Good, Right, Righteous) FOR the Other, regardless of the Consequences.)

* DOING what IS Righteous-
Is Telling the Truth- Telling the Consequences For Choices- Is guaranteeing a Choice- Is (regardless of the Consequences) following through on the Consequences established, IN Truth.

Emotional Love- is what Causes Ones Sadness- weeping.

Remembrance of Sadness- Dwelling on Sadness- in this natural world- Causes Depression- which leads from negative mental issues to negative Physical issues.

In a World "With" The Lord God- is Peace- with Focus one what one DOES Have- Rather On what one Does NOT Have.

Once Spiritual LIFE IS Given- (a vessel) - that Spirtual LIFE ...can Never BECOME "Physically" Dead.
However it CAN Become "Spiritually" Dead...which IS a Separation From God.

Angel's / Celestials are Spirits- they Can Be With God or Separated From God.

(Some) Mankind ARE Given A Forever Living Spirit (From God). ONCE Given- that Spirit can Never Die- Physically- Or Be Spiritually Separated From God.

Gods Mercy-
Men who "Choose To Reject God", are Never Given A Forever "Living Spirit"- or ability to Have a Forever Living Spirit "without" God.

And THAT ^ ... (Is basic...TO which I believe has greater depth Regarding the Soul, rather than the spirit).

So inanutshell...
* God Loves all of His Creations.
* Living Spirits (from God) can Not be Destroyed.
* Rejection Angers God.
* Rejection has A Consequence.
* Acceptance Pleases God.
* Acceptance has a Consequence.
* Angel's and Mankind Have the Truth.
* Angel's and Mankind have Freewill TO Choose.
* IN respect of their Choices...God IS Faithful To honor their Choice.
* Faithfully Honoring ones Choice, does Not Change Gods Love...(or a man's Love)...toward the Other.

Glory to God...Faithful and True,
Taken

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sons of God were the descendants of the children of Adam, the son of God.
the best answer yet, but may I add one detail. the sons of God are the children Adam and Eve have while in the Garden before they sinned. as pointed out Adam was a son of God and all the children before the fall are called sons of God. but because of Adam disobedient, sin entered the world and Death came upon all men, including the children born before Adam fall.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: Truther
Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This last verse sounds like God meant that the sons of God only choose and are pertain to beautiful women of their kind. Lol daughters of men are just women who aren't married. They sound like plain women who the sons of God choose just because they are beautiful.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also remembered in the bible that God said society only care about marriage and sex. It's somewhere in the bible. It sounded like God was hinting that was the only thing that mattered to humans. Kinda like in sodom and gomorrah time.

Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I believe the sons of God are noble men who choose plain women to marry. Remember David and Bathsheba? She was beautiful but plain. I think God wants us to marry godly people of his kind and not defile or corrupt ourselves with ungodly people.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the best answer yet, but may I add one detail. the sons of God are the children Adam and Eve have while in the Garden before they sinned. as pointed out Adam was a son of God and all the children before the fall are called sons of God. but because of Adam disobedient, sin entered the world and Death came upon all men, including the children born before Adam fall.

PICJAG
Just 1 question...Adam and Eve had kids in the garden before the fall?

Is there evidence of that?(it may be true, but I never considered that).

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just 1 question...Adam and Eve had kids in the garden before the fall?

Is there evidence of that?(it may be true, but I never considered that).
first thanks for the reply, second YES,

"The Children of Adam and Eve in the Garden"

Foundation Scripture: Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth”.

Teaching Scripture #1: Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee”.

Teaching Scripture #2: Genesis 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living”.

Adam, before the fall into sin, had the "Relationship" that all of us have with God, hence the title son of God. but because of disobedience, our "Fellowship" with God was interrupted, or broken, and because of sin entering into the world came death, and anyone who is dead is not a son anymore, because of DEATH. a dead son cannot inherited. but a living son can inherited. so Adam was the Son of God, until he died, not physically, but spiritullay, meaning in "Fellowship", with God. which bring us to your question, the alive sons of God by the Living Son Adam.

Evidence #1. Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee".
notice the language being used here. two key words to understand,

The Hebrew word for sorrow is H6093 עִצָּבוֹן `itstsabown (its-tsaw-ɓone') n-m.
worrisomeness, i.e. labor or pain.
KJV: sorrow, toil.

and the Hebrew word for conception is, H2032 הֵרוֹן herown (hay-rone') n-m.
הֵרָיוֹן herayown (hay-raw-yone')
pregnancy.
[from H2029]
KJV: conception.

Understand, one cannot multiply, or increase something if it hasn’t already happened. BINGO. this is a sciencetific fact. example, if I was sitting in a vehicle, a car for instance. I cannot increase, or multiply my speed in the car unless I'm already in motion. likewise, one cannot increase sorrow, (labor or pain), unless it has already happened. and the term conception already shows that she had already experienced child birth, for conception here means pregnancy, look at the definition above, and I'm using the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments. so my work can be reproduce. this verse show us that the woman Eve already had conception, (pregnancy, with little on no labor or pain), and therefore children form these conceptions. that why the LORD said that he will "INCREASE" her sorrows and conception, which as said, one cannot increase unless it has already has happen. now the next question here that needs to be look at is this... "How long was she in the garden having children? and that was without labor pain, or little to none? .... (smile). that's something to consider. because this explain where these other people came from who Cain was afraid of that may kill him because of what he did to his own brother. (see Genesis 4:14). now if Adam and Eve and only Cain and Abel was the supposed only one on the planet at the time from conventional thinking, well then who was the other people who might have kill Cain of the y found out what he had did to his brother... well?

Evidence #2. Genesis 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living”.

notice the language used here again. the personal name Eve itself lets us know that she had children in the garden. for the woman was given the personal name Eve for a reason. Names have meaning, and here, it means she “was” the "MOTHER" of all LIVING, (kjv). “was” is a past tense designation, meaning she “was” a mother already at the time she acquired the personal name, and and after the fall. This is why she got the name in the first place to identify who she was, “the mother of all living”. that just told us something about all of her children that are to come now in sin. all her children before she sinned “WAS” alive to God, Spiritually in fellowship with God. now, onward, (from the fall), all her children are in sin, meaning they are dead, spiritually speaking to God, but physically/naturally alive to God. This is the reason why we, of Adam line must be, have to be, BORN again, or restored to LIFE, or NEW LIFE. the Lord Jesus explains this in John chapter 3 to a man named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews likewise no one calls anyone mother unless they have living, or had living children before.

So, the name EVE by itself tells us that she HAD children already, before the fall. and on top of that she was the mother of ALL LIVING, (which eliminates any other race of people outside of her and Adam, so there is no pre-adamic race of people, no they all came from Adam and Eve). why say all living? because all the children she had before the fall into sin was alive spiritually and naturally "ALIVE" unto God in fellowship. Now a few revelations. by having children in the garden before the fall, one can now understand who those other people was that Cain was afraid of. they were his spiritually alive, but now naturally decaying kinfolk, like him, because the scriptures states, "death passed on to all men because of the one man, Adam, disobedience. This is why some in the fallen line progress many years in decaying naturally. so again, how many GENERATIONS of offspring was born before Cain and Able came alone in the fallen state, who was born OUTSIDE of the Garden? only God knows. It could have been hundreds, thousand, or even millions of years? the bible don't say, NOR WILL I. by having children in the garden answers the who are the sons of God in chapter 6. they was those contuine in fellowship with God untill death, and untill they fully intergrated with the daughters of men, (the Fallen sinful line of Adam, children who he had outside the Garden). so simply putting it in layman terms, sons os God are those who had fellowship with God, (alive), and the the term daughters of men those who did not have fellowship with God, (dead), or without the Spirit. lets but it in term where one can clearly see it.
just as today, a "Christian" born again, (alive to God), marries a NON Christian (dead to the Spirit). both are human, two arms two legs ect.... but the only difference is one is alive to God, and the other one is not. BINGO.

Please note, there are two lines from Adam, the none fallen line, the sons of God who are Spiritually alive to God, (meaning that still have the Spirit), and mistaken with the fallen angles of Genesis 6. who because of there original father Adam, who sinned brought death, phyical death upon all men, including them also. and then there is fallen line, “US”, who are, or was Spiritually dead to God, (born outside the garden), until he, GOD, came in our likeness, (slesh), which is of him, and redeemed us from sin and death. so understand, the bible was written to us the fallen line in Adam, (who had broken fellowship), because all did not sinned, after the similitude of Adam. Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come." so those sons of God did die naturally, but became corrupted after marrying into the line born (outside of the garden). this is why we ALL must be in Christ line, the Last Adam, (whom God himself has reconciled in (ONE), with eternal life, (NO DECAY or entropy). there is no more NATURAL death, nor broken “FELLOWSHIP” in Christ Jesus.

I hope we have explain, and proven out point thayt Adam and Eve had children in the Garden. if any question, please ask.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "sons of God" refer to the children of Seth. And, the "daughters of men" refer to the daughters of Cain.
Not saying that you're right or wrong, but there was other people here before Seth even came on the scene.

And, the sons of God had intercourse with the daughters of men, who bore them sons: the Nephilim.
yes, these Nephilim were called MIGHTY MEN, scripture, Genesis 6:4 "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

these was just ordinary children born from ordinary parents, who became corrupt, not in DNA, but in spirit, "evil". supportive scripture, Genesis 6:5 "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

that's what sin will do for you.

PICJAG

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The "daughters of men" in Genesis 6:2 in the Hebrew point to the seed of the man Adam. Makes sense, because the devil was trying to taint the Seed of the woman which Jesus would be born through. If the Bible student doesn't understand this last statement, they'll never understand who the "sons of God" in Gen.6 is pointing to.

The title "sons of God" ultimately refers to the angelic state of the children of God. That is why those in Christ Jesus are also called "sons of God" (1 John 3), not because we already are in the angelic state, but because we will be when we are changed or resurrected at Christ's coming. The future state of eternity is the angelic body, what Apostle Paul called the "image of the heavenly" (1 Corinthians 15; Matthew 22:30).

Well, in the heavenly, there are also bad angels, called the "sons of God" in Job and in Gen.6. Those followed the devil when he rebelled against GOD, and we are shown that in Revelation 12:3-4.

Reactions: Ziggy
Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "daughters of men" in Genesis 6:2 in the Hebrew point to the seed of the man Adam. Makes sense, because the devil was trying to taint the Seed of the woman which Jesus would be born through. If the Bible student doesn't understand this last statement, they'll never understand who the "sons of God" in Gen.6 is pointing to.

The title "sons of God" ultimately refers to the angelic state of the children of God. That is why those in Christ Jesus are also called "sons of God" (1 John 3), not because we already are in the angelic state, but because we will be when we are changed or resurrected at Christ's coming. The future state of eternity is the angelic body, what Apostle Paul called the "image of the heavenly" (1 Corinthians 15; Matthew 22:30).

Well, in the heavenly, there are also bad angels, called the "sons of God" in Job and in Gen.6. Those followed the devil when he rebelled against GOD, and we are shown that in Revelation 12:3-4.
The sons of God are noble men. It would make sense that these man went after women God didn't approve of. It seems they only went after beautiful women. The daughters of men sound like ungodly women. Jesus was called the son of man because God gave him authority on earth like he did in heaven. He gave him authority over us. The daughters of men also sound like whores hence "men". It would make sense also to say women men go after which is "fair" women which means beautiful. You don't have to be a looker to be fair though..you can be ugly and have a pure heart too..it's the heart that makes one shine and beautiful... remember Leah and Rachel in the bible.

Last edited: