WHO ARE THE TWO WITNESSES IN REVELATION ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you have this knowledge of Christ, but only because you are of this non-denominational group of folks, which disassociates itself from any particular denomination and thus is a denomination of its own, believing itself to understand the truths of the Bible better than any other group. :) Earburner, this is the very definition of 'denomination' as it pertains to religion; it is a religious group that has slightly different beliefs from other groups that share the same religion.

So long for now, Earburner. Grace and peace to you.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you have this knowledge of Christ, but only because you are of this non-denominational group of folks, which disassociates itself from any particular denomination and thus is a denomination of its own, believing itself to understand the truths of the Bible better than any other group. :) Earburner, this is the very definition of 'denomination' as it pertains to religion; it is a religious group that has slightly different beliefs from other groups that share the same religion.

So long for now, Earburner. Grace and peace to you.
Every day forward, to the day of Jesus' Glorious return, is another incremental day of prophecy being fulfilled of God's plan of salvation and our redemption.
It matters not to me of whatever denomination professing christians may call themselves, as long they are Born Again of the Spirit of Christ, for without Him, we are none of His. Romans 8:8-9.

To be in the KoG, is to be in Christ, and he in us.
To be in Christ, and he in us, is to be in the KoG.

Jesus and all we, who are of such, ARE the KoG, aka that Great City, Heavenly Jerusalem, the Israel of God.
2 Corinthians 4[5] For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
[6] For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to GIVE the light of the knowledge of the GLORY of God in the FACE of Jesus Christ.
[7] But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

May God richly Bless you brother PinSeeker, as you continue to seek after Jesus, who is the "express IMAGE of the Person of God Himself".:)
Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither the Father nor the Son are the Holy Spirit ~ or "holy spirit," as if it is only some George Lucas kind of "force") ~ but the Father and the Son are both one with Holy Spirit, and He with They.
I just would like to clarify your misunderstanding of how I believe of Who, and not what, the Holy Spirit CONSISTS of.
Yes indeed, you can definitely rule out any reference of an impersonal "force" through a "George Lucas" description!
By that statement though, it is apparent that you prefer to look down on me for not following after the creed of a Trinitarian, which is as you say: "but the Father and the Son are both one with Holy Spirit, and He with They."

To my understanding of scripture, you and most have it turned inside out!

I discern it exactly this way:
but the Father and the Son are each Holy Spirit, and are One again in Jesus, being themselves together as Holy Spirit, to be within us. Earburner.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...it is apparent that you prefer to look down on me...
In no way do I "look down on" you, Earburner. I am, um, kind of astounded at your mischaracterization of God... :)... but I don't look down on you.

...the creed of a Trinitarian, which is as you say: "but the Father and the Son are both one with Holy Spirit, and He with They."
There is no "creed of a Trinitarian," really, Earburner. But the trinitarian's understanding from God's Word is that our God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, is triune, One in three, and Three in one. If you want to call that a "creed," more power to you.

To my understanding of scripture, you and most have it turned inside out! I discern it exactly this way: the Father and the Son are each Holy Spirit, and are One again in Jesus, being themselves together as Holy Spirit, to be within us.
Well, it seems not; you've made yourself quite clear. That's... quite out there. :) You perceive it that way. So be it. But Earburner, discernment is an entirely different thing than perception, and Paul is very clear in 1 Corinthians, as I pointed out before, that Scriptural things cannot be properly discerned without the Holy Spirit's help; giving us true discernment and our sanctification (growth in Christ) is the Holy Spirit's chief function. Jesus Himself said the same things in John 14 and 15, making Himself absolutely clear in portraying the Holy Spirit as one with (with regard to unity) but distinct from (in personhood; a third Person) the Father and the Son, coming after Jesus in His name and bringing to our remembrance all that He said.

Grace and peace to you.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it seems not; you've made yourself quite clear. That's... quite out there. :) You perceive it that way. So be it. But Earburner, discernment is an entirely different thing than perception, and Paul is very clear in 1 Corinthians, as I pointed out before, that Scriptural things cannot be properly discerned without the Holy Spirit's help; giving us true discernment and our sanctification (growth in Christ) is the Holy Spirit's chief function. Jesus Himself said the same things in John 14 and 15, making Himself absolutely clear in portraying the Holy Spirit as one with (with regard to unity) but distinct from (in personhood; a third Person) the Father and the Son, coming after Jesus in His name and bringing to our remembrance all that He said.
God the Father cannot come to us without the VEIL of the risen Christ. Therefore, for the Father to dwell within us, He FIRST must dwell within Jesus, of which took place on the day of His Resurrection, whereby He and the Father were rejoined together once again, after the Father had forsaken him while on the cross, bearing the sin of the world. They together as One, ARE the Holy Spirit.
That's why it is so important to understand Romans 8:9.....Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In no way do I "look down on" you, Earburner. I am, um, kind of astounded at your mischaracterization of God... :)... but I don't look down on you.
OK, if I misread your "George Lucas" remark, and took it personally, when you didn't mean it towards me, I now understand that you were just generalizing.:)

I once held to the religious jargon of "The Trinity". Like it or not, if it's not a creed, then it is implied as so, in the jargon of many creeds.
Therefore, since it is implied in creeds, it is done so for memorization. It has been burned into our brains, so that there be none who dares to think that THEY who ARE of Holy Spirit, has to do with ONLY God the Father and God the Son, who when together, they ARE ONE.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.....the Father and the Son, coming after Jesus in His name and bringing to our remembrance all that He said.

Grace and peace to you.
I am pointing it out that you really do know that the Holy Spirit is God the Father IN Jesus, coming to us IN Jesus' name.
All Christians understand and spiritually know that our approach to God the Father, is IN Jesus' name. Why?
We know, that the Father, who is greater than Jesus, is WITHIN Jesus, being the VEIL between us and God the Father Almighty.

This is what I meant, when I said:
"The Father needed the bodily sacrifice of Jesus for Himself, just as much as we do, but for different reasons".

So then, ask yourself: why do you/we pray to God the Father in Jesus' name?
Ans. Jesus is the VEIL of and for the Father, who dwells within Him, and now through Jesus, with the Father dwelling within Jesus, together they now dwell in all who are Born again of their Holy Spirit as One. Hebrews 10:19-20.
Now we can understand why we must HAVE the Spirit of Jesus. Romans 8:9,

Last edited:
Reactions: Daydreamer

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, back to the topic of this thread.
Jesus is the True witness of who God the Father is, and John the Baptist is the true human witness of who Jesus is, being the Lamb of God, the express [exact] image of the Father. KJV Hebrews 1:3.

1 John 5[9] If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God [the Father] is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.[10] He that believeth on the Son hath the witness [of God the Father] in himself:
he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God [the Father] gave of his Son

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WHO ARE THE TWO WITNESSES IN REVELATION ?​

OP ^

The two witnesses are not specifically identified by NAME.

Some people Speculate WHO the two witnesses MIGHT be and WHY.

* Some believe a possibility being:
Moses & Elijah
BECAUSE:
They were given great powers to perform miracles.
They were witnesses at Jesus’ Transfiguration.

* Some believe a possibility being:
Enoch & Elijah
BECAUSE:
There is no record of their DEATH.
Yet Every man MUST Die.
The Two witnesses will perform miraculous powerful Works, for 3.5 years, Then BE KILLED, and three days later be risen up ALIVE, before the men that KILLED them, and men who Cheered when they are KILLED.

* Some believe “ELIJAH” IS one of the Witness …
BECAUSE of Malachi 4:5

Malachi 4:
[5] Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

* Some believe Rev 11: 3-4
Rev 11:
[3] And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
[4] These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

The Historic two olive trees and two candlesticks….are represented by ….
1 Man….Governing Authority over Judea
1 Man….High Priest authority over Judea

Today….the Governing authority is:
Benjamin Netanyahu
Today….(beginning in 2016) the Sanhedrin Appointed Rabbi Baruch Kahane (TO BE) the next High Priest….(as having a High Priest has no Necessity WITHOUT a Temple, which one Temple Building presently does NOT exist).

Historically (See Zechariah chapt 4);
The Governor over Judea was JOSHUA
….parallel to the Olive Tree
The High Priest was ZERUBBABEL
….parallel to the Lamp Stand
(They are both BODILY DEAD, and LIKELY their soul and spirit IN Heaven), with a High Honor for their WORKS while alive on this Earth.)

The Discovery of WHO are the Lords TWO Witnesses, shall be Revealed at His Pleasure.

The Greater Knowledge IS:
Gods Plan to MESH the Governor’s and High Priest’s Offices TO ONE OFFICE

The Greater Understanding IS:
Gods ONE Governing Office and Gods ONE High Priest’s Office….SHALL BE BOTH Headed BY ONE and the SAME….
Christ the Lord Jesus.

Glory to God,
Taken