Who are you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is about personal truth. As Christians we know that we should believe not only in God but in Jesus Christ. The gospel, in a nutshell is this. Jesus saves sinners.

This simple statement can, for some, provide a profound personal challenge to our existence; who are we? What are we? The gospel message challenges me on a personal level. It invites to to question whether I am, indeed, a sinner. And what do I make of that?

Over the course of my life I have discovered that some beliefs are "safe" and some beliefs are "dangerous." For instance, I believe that Paris is the capital of France. This fact is "safe" because it doesn't challenge my character, my integrity, or my faithfulness.

That is on the one hand. On the other hand, if I admit that I am a sinner, this fact is "dangerous" in that it challenges my character, my integrity, and/or my faithfulness. I'll admit to you right now that I am a sinner. This fact is true about me personally. Me personally. Me as an individual. ME!

I'll prove it. I use unbalanced scales in my dealings with others. When I offend someone, I want God to forgive me; when others offend me, I want God to punish them. If I cause an injustice to others, I want mercy; when others cause an injustice to me, I want Justice. I want the other person to PAY!

Well, I repent and I know better and I am working on it. But as you can see, in order for me to gain hope from the gospel, I must first come to a true knowledge about me, personally. Who am I; what am I; really?

Other people are evil, right? We are all good people who make a few mistakes now and again, right?

No, in fact, I would maintain that I can't ever expect to be saved if I am not willing to stop making excuses for myself. Not only is the faith an affirmation concerning the truth about God and about Jesus Christ; it is also an affirmation about the truth about myself.

As usual, I think you should take this thread wherever it needs to go.

Reactions: LearningToLetGo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
24219_c72800b568b7dd5bb3a904746a383ed9.png

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a IF i think all need to take heed unto . And if one is brining a jesus that is the ministir of sin and that panders to sin
ITS ANOTHER JESUS AND IT CANT SAVE . WE belong too WHO WE FOLLOW . AND JESUS leads us not into sin but rather OUT OF IT .

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a IF i think all need to take heed unto . And if one is brining a jesus that is the ministir of sin and that panders to sin
ITS ANOTHER JESUS AND IT CANT SAVE . WE belong too WHO WE FOLLOW . AND JESUS leads us not into sin but rather OUT OF IT .
Good point. We follow a person and we hope to be like him. And as John says, for this reason, we purify ourselves.

Even so, I often find that, just as I think I got everything under control, something happens to prove that I am more of a sinner than I thought.

I'll confess something else about myself. When I get mad at a public official, I have secret conversations with that person in my own mind, making me sound "righteous." This is not a very humble attitude. And I am ashamed to admit it, but it is true and certainly Jesus will forgive me if only I am willing to confess it to him. Yes?

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point. We follow a person and we hope to be like him. And as John says, for this reason, we purify ourselves.

Even so, I often find that, just as I think I got everything under control, something happens to prove that I am more of a sinner than I thought.

I'll confess something else about myself. When I get mad at a public official, I have secret conversations with that person in my own mind, making me sound "righteous." This is not a very humble attitude. And I am ashamed to admit it, but it is true and certainly Jesus will forgive me if only I am willing to confess it to him. Yes?
Correct , THE SPIRIT convicts us when we err . And thus we confess and repent of the evil . Yes indeed .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

IF we confess our sins HE IS FAITHFUL TO FORGIVE US . YEP .

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is a form of separation. If we are truly unified (one) with God then there will be no sin, but as long as we maintain our own self, independent of God, we will have separation and thus sin. It is a mystery, but only to us. God understands fully, hence our continuous need for repentance and forgiveness.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is a form of separation. If we are truly unified (one) with God then there will be no sin, but as long as we maintain our own self, independent of God, we will have separation and thus sin. It is a mystery, but only to us. God understands fully, hence our continuous need for repentance and forgiveness.
Be encouraged my friend . I like your name . So let me remind us , we need to learn to let go of what many churches are teaching
and learn to GRAB HOLD on what the bible says .