I am the way, and the truth, and the life. Really?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 14:

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity:

We do know that no person can be saved except through Christ. We do not know that only those who know Him can be saved by Him.
Right, what about those who have never heard of Jesus?

They may not have heard of the name Jesus but everyone has heard of the way, or the truth, or the life, somewhere. E.g., an ancient Chinese philosophy called Taoism literally means Way. The founder of Taoism, Laozi, never claimed to be the Way but he pointed people to the Way which according to John 14:6 is Jesus himself.

Revelation 20:

13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
If they pass the judgment, Jesus will welcome them to eternal life. The gospel was preached even to those who are dead.

Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life." Really?

Yes, really, if you know the way, the truth, or the life, you indirectly know Jesus. If you directly know Jesus now, you have the Paraclete in you while alive.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I am the way, and the truth, and the life. Really?​

Challenging the Man who resurrected himself from the dead? Hmmmmm, does presumption fit in there? or is it you really believe you have a greater insight into that reality?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:

They may not have heard of the name Jesus but everyone has heard of the way, or the truth, or the life, somewhere. E.g., an ancient Chinese philosophy called Taoism literally means Way. The founder of Taoism, Laozi, never claimed to be the Way but he pointed people to the Way which according to John 14:6 is Jesus himself.

Revelation 20:

If they pass the judgment, Jesus will welcome them to eternal life. The gospel was preached even to those who are dead.

Yes, really, if you know the way, the truth, or the life, you indirectly know Jesus. If you directly know Jesus now, you have the Paraclete in you while alive.
Amen! Did all of the prophets and men of God in the OT know the name, Jesus or Yeshua, as the name of their Messiah? Probably not, yet it seems that they knew their Messiah who was that Jesus, was he not?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:

Revelation 20:

Really.

Reactions: Philip James

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:

Revelation 20:

It is not written, "My sheep know my name", but rather "My sheep hear my voice." John 10:27