Who do you look to and give credit for your provisions and prosperity, YOU or God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
If you say yourself because I don't think it proper to ask God for a car or a house or food because He does not want me to have them.

Then how is it that we will go against God and behind His back so that we can be our own god and gain them, all the while believing that they are sinful to have according to YOUR understanding?
Does God want you to seek your own works of the flesh in your own ability to supply your own needs OR is God trying to get us to LEAN on Him for ALL of our needs and desires so that we will ALWAYS NEED Him in our life?

Isn't it really FALSE HUMILITY to say out of one side of our mouth that God is against me having money to pay my debts and have food for my family when you speak in your "godly manner"(Sadducee)..... yet out of the other side you say, I MUST seek more money every day trying to make ends meet or to go on vacation or to get a new car or a bigger house?

Since we & God know that you have need of the same things as those WITHOUT A CARING LOVING GOD, who seek ILL GOTTEN GAINS. Don't you think it of more benefitial for you to SEEK YOUR GOD TO BE THE ONE YOU TRUST FOR ALL OF YOUR NEEDS AND DESIRES instead of SELF?
That is what sets you apart from the worldly who goe to schools to LEARN HOW TO EARN MORE, works 2-3 jobs by the Sweat of their brow, wheeling and dealing to covet with the devils tricks to come out on top with all the money?

Jesus TEACHES that DEBT IS SIN, so if debt is sin.... then wouldn't it seem likely that the Lord would want His children to not need to be put in BONDAGE to sin? Or to return to Egypt to get ill gotten gains for He knows they have to eat! He knows they need a home, clothes, transportation in this day and age, a busy-ness so that they can work for them ownself WITH GOD'S HELP & blessing so they do not have to work for Egypt, following their sinful ways of business ethics. But to work with our own hands baking, making clothing, blankets, pottery or many legitimate forms of providing peoples needs, not a factory where machines whip out identicaly clones and puts people out of work so that they have no income, so that the factory owner gets it all for his greedy self.

God does not mean that He is just going to DUMP money in our lap(BUT HE CAN for the whole earth and the fulness thereof is His) but when we seek Him and His Word first to renew our thinking to righteous ways of doing things and running a family busy-ness to work then God can give you FAVOR and bless the works of your hands.
Any good father would want to help his child succeed in life and our Father is the same for He made us in HIS IMAGE. The difference between His ways of prosperity and the worlds way is, God rewards for integrity, good character, honesty, obedience, which gives us a Good name.
While the world rewards for sneekiness, craftiness, deception, best liars, greed, false advertising and teaches us how to undermine to get on top, and in the end giving them a bad name.

Josh 1:8
8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
KJV

Please, let us not say that this is OLD Testament, we do not need to obey God's Word any longer in the New Testament, for how can we say we love God yet HATE His Word when Jesus is the Word of God and is the EXACT representation of God, we must understand that a man and his word are one.
blessings