Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It happened long before that my friend . ROME was born , that was when the massive lie began .
And yes there were errors too on the part of some of them reformers . but Rome had to be fled . as she does now .
My advice , let us learn the true biblical JESUS for ourselves . learn the doctrine of the bible well
and get built up in the truth so that ROME and many protestant churches can no longer decieve us .
The Catholic Church is the original Tree from which Protestantism splintered - and is perpetually-splintering todat.
When you come this realization - you go back to the original Tree.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is, his glorified state is not of flesh and blood, obviously.
And nobody said it was.
It IS, however, glorified FLESH - not corruptible flesh.

Jesus is in Heaven - BODILY and spiritually.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had the Protestant *revolt* happened over1,000 years ago, it would have been more beneficial to all. Keeping in mind that these former Catholics only wanted to reform their church, had the Catholic hierarchy recognized their need for reform, then everything would have worked out nicely. But since they mounted a Counter-Reformation, it was clear that they simply wanted to entrench their false beliefs more firmly. Hence the Council of Trent.
Thank you for that skewed version of history.

It wasn't the reforms that the Church objected to - which WERE needed. It was the perversion of existing doctrines and the invention of NEW doctrines. It wasn't a "Reformation" so much as it was a Revolt - complete with new doctrines invented by WHOEVER wanted to invent them.

And this confusion continues to this day.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul told you that Jesus did not send him to water baptize, and Paul wrote most of the New Testament, and all the Church Doctrine.
Paul teaches you that FAITH is accepted as Righteousness, exactly as "Abraham believed God and it was accepted by God as RIGHTEOUSNESS".

Did you not notice that Abraham was not water baptized?
Time top NOTICE IT !!!!
Dont you agree?
Wake UP.

So, ad that to Peter, and the 120, and the dying Thief on the Cross as = NOT WATER BAPTIZED, and all BORN AGAIN.
Got that?
Be sure you do.

= The water cult doctrine of devil's that is created by their demonically inspire bible the : Douay-Rheims, created the water cults.
If you find yourself trapped in it, and defined by it, then GET OUT OF IT.
Be smart.
Leave the deception.

Now read carefully...

Peter and the 120 were not water baptized, and they still "spoke with tongues " and were born again, = Acts chapter 2.
So, the water cult doctrine of devils, that says that WATER Baptism causes "the infilling of the spirit" and that we are "born again by water", didnt happen to Peter or the 120.
The fact that you keep making the SAME dishonest arguments illustrates that you have run OUT of ammunition.

I have repeatedly shown that Paul was using HYPERBOLIC language in 1 Cor. 1:17 when he said he was NOT sent to Baptize.
I repeatedly showed you WHY he wrote this to the Corinthian Church - because he was condemning their love of FACTIONS formed around different leaders (1 Cor. 1:10-16). This is blindingly clear by the following TWO verses:
1 Cor. 1:14-15
I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized in my name.

That is hyperbole in its purest form.
Time for YOU to work on a new lie . . .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ founded the church and it is Roman
In the days of these Roman kings dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
Lk 1:32-33 his kingdom is eternal

catholic

Major covenants!

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal)

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator

Jn 10:16 One new covenant church
Men will preach their religion , but as for me i am sticking to pointing to JESUS alone .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....as they are trying to pull away from the RCC death grip.
Yup - by inventing new doctrines for themselves and encouraging their followers to invent new ones as well.
That's why there are tens of thousands of your bickering factions that ALL claim to have "the truth".

Good job . . .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church is the original Tree from which Protestantism splintered - and is perpetually-splintering todat.
When you come this realization - you go back to the original Tree.
You are actually right in part . but what Tree is ROME of herself ,,,,,,,,the bad one .
I will stick to the one tree , JESUS . Let men preach their religion , as for me I will sound out and point only to Christ .
Not to corrupt theologies and foundations such as those .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church the spotless bride prepared by God for the Lamb!

Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul told you that Jesus did not send him to water baptize, and Paul wrote most of the New Testament, and all the Church Doctrine.
Paul teaches you that FAITH is accepted as Righteousness, exactly as "Abraham believed God and it was accepted by God as RIGHTEOUSNESS".
Did you not notice that Abraham was not water baptized?
Time top NOTICE IT !!!!
Dont you agree?
Wake UP.

So, ad that to Peter, and the 120, and the dying Thief on the Cross as = NOT WATER BAPTIZED, and all BORN AGAIN.
Got that?
Be sure you do.

= The water cult doctrine of devil's that is created by their demonically inspire bible the : Douay-Rheims, created the water cults.
If you find yourself trapped in it, and defined by it, then GET OUT OF IT.
Be smart.
Leave the deception.

Now read carefully...

Peter and the 120 were not water baptized, and they still "spoke with tongues " and were born again, = Acts chapter 2.
So, the water cult doctrine of devils, that says that WATER Baptism causes "the infilling of the spirit" and that we are "born again by water", didnt happen to Peter or the 120.

JESUS COMMANDED BAPTISM!
Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

JESUS TAUGHT SALVATION NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT BAPTISM!

mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved.

JESUS BAPTIZED!
Jn 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

Jn 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men will preach their religion , but as for me i am sticking to pointing to JESUS alone .

then you must believe in the church!

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 1:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church the spotless bride prepared by God for the Lamb!

Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Instead of defending the mother of this abrhamic lie accord , why not focus on preaching the one true life saving gospel .
Aka , instead of preaching ROME , why not help this other poor lost muslim out on another thread .
But no , that would go against the LIE OF POPE FRANCIS . That is the most dangerous pope i have ever seen . Follow that , NEVER .
What a grand lie those popes have sold to the world . Kissing korans and budda statues
telling all religions they are finding GOD in their own religion . What a lie . What another gospel .
But if we are even an angel preach any other gospel than what ye had recieved , aka the original one , Let him be accursed .
AND the all inclusive gospel that Rome pumped out and most all protestant churches now embrace , IS A LIE from hades .
FOLLOW that or them , NEVER . I FOLLOW JESUS TO MY GRAVE , HE ALONE SAVED ME and HE ALONE I SHALL POINT TO ,
no matter the cost .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then you must believe in the church!

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 1:18 One fold
How do you get folks decieved into following you and you alone ...........YA TELL THEM we are the ONLY CHURCH .
YA tell them PETER founded us . WHEN IN TRUTH , peter gonna be one of those who judge that church .
It was a lie from its birth . ONLY dont expect them to tell you that . IT was all about power and control
with that church . was from its birth with and under constantine .
The birth of ROME was what peter and paul and others were warning would occur . MEN would arise , even out of you
and teach damnable hearsays to get folks to follow THEM . THATS ROME FOR YA . WE need to flee that .
And nope , do not expect me to point to the protestant sold out churches either . WE must point to JESUS
and it had better be the biblical one . Cause any man can step up and seem wise and yet decieve .
What is the fastest way to control the masses . ITS easy , make the bible seem hard to understand
Set your own leaders up and let them teach your DOCTRINE . AND keep the masses trusting more in YOU than in the bible .
Exactly what ROME DID and She aint alone , its what most all of the protestant leaders now do as well .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
COME YE ONE and COME YE ALL to the FOUNT OF LIVING WATERS . FOUND ONLY IN CHRIST .
Test all men who do speak and do so against biblical sound doctrine .
For any other version of jesus , or any other gospel , shall lead only to the second death .
And how i pray for the peoples . TIME to stand on the solid STONE JESUS or fall indeed many will and many already have .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead of defending the mother of this abrhamic lie accord , why not focus on preaching the one true life saving gospel .
Aka , instead of preaching ROME , why not help this other poor lost muslim out on another thread .
But no , that would go against the LIE OF POPE FRANCIS . That is the most dangerous pope i have ever seen . Follow that , NEVER .
What a grand lie those popes have sold to the world . Kissing korans and budda statues
telling all religions they are finding GOD in their own religion . What a lie . What another gospel .
But if we are even an angel preach any other gospel than what ye had recieved , aka the original one , Let him be accursed .
AND the all inclusive gospel that Rome pumped out and most all protestant churches now embrace , IS A LIE from hades .
FOLLOW that or them , NEVER . I FOLLOW JESUS TO MY GRAVE , HE ALONE SAVED ME and HE ALONE I SHALL POINT TO ,
no matter the cost .

I have my doubts that he is a valid Pope or even a valid priest

the church is the teacher of divine revelation and is necessary for salvation

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you get folks decieved into following you and you alone ...........YA TELL THEM we are the ONLY CHURCH .
YA tell them PETER founded us . WHEN IN TRUTH , peter gonna be one of those who judge that church .
It was a lie from its birth . ONLY dont expect them to tell you that . IT was all about power and control
with that church . was from its birth with and under constantine .
The birth of ROME was what peter and paul and others were warning would occur . MEN would arise , even out of you
and teach damnable hearsays to get folks to follow THEM . THATS ROME FOR YA . WE need to flee that .
And nope , do not expect me to point to the protestant sold out churches either . WE must point to JESUS
and it had better be the biblical one . Cause any man can step up and seem wise and yet decieve .
What is the fastest way to control the masses . ITS easy , make the bible seem hard to understand
Set your own leaders up and let them teach your DOCTRINE . AND keep the masses trusting more in YOU than in the bible .
Exactly what ROME DID and She aint alone , its what most all of the protestant leaders now do as well .

Christ founded on true church! Matt 16:18
What is it?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ founded on true church! Matt 16:18
What is it?
It aint rome . ITS JESUS CHRIST the very corner stone and the twelve apostels .
What paul said and others said , came to pass . At least the early ones around the time of paul
peter and etc kept the letters . And while the next generation did as well , they began slowly
being leavened by no longer heeding the letters as much . All the while THEY did keep hold of the truth of the letters . Then they got so bad
that they sold out to constantine for a state church and abomination was born .
That is why we now have today so much pagan mixture within it .
But at least they did keep hold of the scriptures . THEY didnt really teach them ,or follow them , but they did
keep hold of them .
Its the same today . I mean look at how many churches today can claim to have the holy scriptures . AND THEY DO
YET do ya really think all these churches are living the truth , or teaching the truth . Nope . they only teach some truths
mixed with more and more leaven . SO TOO did this begin to happen shortly after pauls depature .
Just cause they held the scriptures , DONT MEAN they followed them at all . AND they DIDNT . We need to simply
start over in those bibles and let lambs who love CHRIST gather with other lambs who love Christ
and get out and preach the ONE TRUE GOSPLE with no falsehoods attached to it .

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS COMMANDED BAPTISM!
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

JESUS TAUGHT SALVATION NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT BAPTISM!

mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved.

JESUS BAPTIZED!
Jn 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

Jn 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
actually it says THOUGH JESUS himself DID NOT baptize . HE had HIS desciples DOING the baptism .
WHICH means what . WE SHOULD BAPTIZE . IF JESUS had His own doing it and then later they did , THEN WE DO .
ITS real easy . IF JESUS TAUGHT IT , WE teach it . IF HE SAID DO we DO , IF HE said NOT TO DO , WE DO NOT DO .
SEE how simple that is . Cause if we are HIS and we LOVE HIM , WE OBEY HIM . That is all we need to know and do .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually it says THOUGH JESUS himself DID NOT baptize . HE had HIS desciples DOING the baptism .
WHICH means what . WE SHOULD BAPTIZE . IF JESUS had His own doing it and then later they did , THEN WE DO .
ITS real easy . IF JESUS TAUGHT IT , WE teach it . IF HE SAID DO we DO , IF HE said NOT TO DO , WE DO NOT DO .
SEE how simple that is . Cause if we are HIS and we LOVE HIM , WE OBEY HIM . That is all we need to know and do .

Successors of Jesus Christ!

Jesus already prepares His apostles to continue His mission with His power (binding and loosing) and with His authority (keys) matt 16:18 matt 18:18

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 when therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John...
Jn 4:2 Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples

Here we see Jesus delegating to His successors, Peter and the apostles!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It aint rome . ITS JESUS CHRIST the very corner stone and the twelve apostels .
What paul said and others said , came to pass . At least the early ones around the time of paul
peter and etc kept the letters . And while the next generation did as well , they began slowly
being leavened by no longer heeding the letters as much . All the while THEY did keep hold of the truth of the letters . Then they got so bad
that they sold out to constantine for a state church and abomination was born .
That is why we now have today so much pagan mixture within it .
But at least they did keep hold of the scriptures . THEY didnt really teach them ,or follow them , but they did
keep hold of them .
Its the same today . I mean look at how many churches today can claim to have the holy scriptures . AND THEY DO
YET do ya really think all these churches are living the truth , or teaching the truth . Nope . they only teach some truths
mixed with more and more leaven . SO TOO did this begin to happen shortly after pauls depature .
Just cause they held the scriptures , DONT MEAN they followed them at all . AND they DIDNT . We need to simply
start over in those bibles and let lambs who love CHRIST gather with other lambs who love Christ
and get out and preach the ONE TRUE GOSPLE with no falsehoods attached to it .

you are required to be Christian to enter the new covenant, the body of Christ, the holy church founded by Christ or you are a false church and an heretical sect!

Without a central authority there can be no unity of the spirit, no obedience to the faith!
God - Christ - Peter - the apostles - the apostles successors - the people

The nature of authority is hierarchy!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 22:9 why persecute me?

1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Any denial of the divinity of Christ: or His incarnation: or the Holy Trinity is antichrist! Or Christ from His Holy Church! Or the unity of Christians with the church, the body of Christ, the new covenant in union with the mediator and in communion with God and the saints!

“Faith alone” denies the Union of the Christian in the church thru the sacraments promised by the Father and instituted by Christ!

Must be taught by the Catholic Church!

Heresy is a treason against God!

Intermediary acts 8 & 9

Which apostles, fathers, doctors, missionaries, or saints was ever a “faith alone & Bible alone” puritanical fundamentalist Protestant?

In the person of Christ
2 Corinthians 2:10
To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;

2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

The nature of the church!

Jesus is one with His church!
Acts 9 Saul, Saul why do you persecute me? Saul was persecuting the church!

Seek first the kingdom of God, seek ye first the church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Matthew 13:44
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Jesus Christ is the treasure and the field is His Holy church!

The holy church is necessary for salvation!

Jurisdictional authority of Peter and the apostles and their successors

Error
All members / believers are the church, only Peter and the apostles have authority, and power to bind and loose, to teach, govern and administer and discipline the church!

Must be in the new covenant, by union with the mediator we are in communion with each other and God!

Nature of the church is found in a
Hierarchy, thru the ordained ministerial priesthood of Melchezedek, not the royal priesthood of believers!
Vicarious nature of Christ continuing His mission and ministry in the church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and jurisdictional authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Unity of the church

Obedience to Christ and His church

Necessity of the church for salvation

3 fold office of the church

Who founded the church

What are the four marks of the true church?

Heresy
“The Invisible Body of Believers.”

Body of Christ
Church a sign and means of grace

Only way to God is thru salvation in Jesus Christ, the only way to Christ is they His church!

pearl of great price in the church

Many are called few are chosen Matt 22:14

Matt 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

The church and Jesus Christ are one Union: Acts 9

Initiation into the new covenant church:
Faith and baptism

Necessary for salvation:
Jesus Christ the savior

Ephesians 5:32
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. (Successors)

Instructed by the church as by Christ:

Church possesses the infant treasury of Christ’s merits

Matthew 18:17
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Saul Saul why does Thou persecute me?
Saul was persecuting the church, and therefore Christ! Jesus Christ and His church are one! Jesus Christ continues the work of redemption and the life of grace by His holy church!

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.

9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?

22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.

Christ and His church are one and necessary for salvation!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 Jn 21:17 eph 2:20

Jesus Christ founded the one true church not men:
Matt 16:18, 18:18
Founded on the O.T. Prophets and the apostles, Eph 2:20 of which Peter is the first and the head: Matt 10:2

Christ is the only mediator of the new covenant church, 1 Tim 2:5 Christ is the head of the church the body of Christ, eph 5:23 Peter is the head of the church on earth until Christ returns. Matt 16:18 Jn 21:17

Set down in groups of fifty: Mk 6:40 And they sat down in ranks, by hundreds, and by fifties. Represents Apostles / bishops authority in the church.

Jesus Christ founded His church on Peter and the apostles and their successors:
Jesus and His church are one:

The church is necessary for salvation:

Errors!

All true born again believers are in the church:

Two or three gather in my name?
Two or three are members of Christ and his church, and who honor His name not two or three heretics or atheists!

True believers are free! Jn 8:32
Faithful, obedient, submissive to authority, and humble!