Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who founded your church?

The one true is only founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors! Matt 16:18 matt 18:18
Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

John 10:14-16
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

“ONE FOLD”!!!

Roman Catholic
Jesus, Peter
Circa 30
Judea

Lutheranism/Protestantism
Martin Luther
Germany

Swiss Reformed Church
Zwingli
Switzerland

Mennonites
No single founder
Switzerland

Anglican Communion
King Henry 8th
England

Calvinism
John Calvin
Switzerland

Presbyterianism
John Knox
Scotland

Baptist Churches
John Smyth
Holland

Dutch Reformed
Michaelis Jones
Netherlands

Amish
Jakob Ammann
Switzerland

Methodism
John Wesley
England

Quakers
George Fox
England

Moravians
Count Zinendorf
Germany

Congregationalism
John & Charles Wesley
England

Swedenborg
Emanuel Swedenborg
Sweden

Brethren
John Darby
England

Latter-day Saints
Joseph Smith
NY, USA

Seventh Day Adventists
Ellen White
NH, USA

Salvation Army
William Booth
England

Jehovah's Witnesses
Charles Russell
PA, USA

Christian Science
Mary Baker Eddy
Pleasant View, NH USA

Pentecostalism
Charles Parham
CA, USA

Worldwide Church of God
Herbert W. Armstrong
1933/1947
OR, USA 4

Unification Church
Sun Myung Moon
South Korea

no man has authority to found a church only Jesus Christ the Lord!
Matt 16:18 “I will build my church”!!!

Reactions: soul man

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Heart2Soul @lforrest @rockytopva @Angelina
Mods, this guy 'theefaith' has monopolized these forums with his narrow-minded and incessant Catholic propaganda.
I don't mind controversy, or one defending their faith on any level, but I can't seem to find a thread that this guy hasn't started. And, irrespective of how he tries to title the OP in a unique manner, it invariably has a Catholic spin to it. Meaning, it's the same topic every time.

I've been trying to avoid him due to what I believe to be his non-negotiable stance, and unwillingness to acknowledge other people's comments with the same consideration he expects from others (judging by his abundance of threads), but, I can't, he's started almost every singly thread on the first page of the currently active threads.

Is there not a policy that limits one person from inundating the forums with their OPs (eg: 1 OP per week), and disallows them to repeat threads over and over again?
Again, I'm having a hard time just trying to avoid him because he's monopolized all the threads?

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who founded your church?

The one true is only founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors! Matt 16:18 matt 18:18
Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20
Men they founded yours. And together you will all fall into that dark ditch.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. - Romans 10:9

The church encompasses those who confess the Lord Jesus Christ as the way to the Father. In studying the church there are a lot of doctrinal, generational, and even individual uniques that can arise creating countless varieties and divisions.

I would say John Wesley founded my church and the congregations that followed, even William Seymour Pentecostalism, are normally Wesley in doctrine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sabertooth

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mods, this guy 'theefaith' has monopolized these forums with his narrow-minded and incessant Catholic propaganda.
I don't mind controversy, or one defending their faith on any level, but I can't seem to find a thread that this guy hasn't started. And, irrespective of how he tries to title the OP in a unique manner, it invariably has a Catholic spin to it. Meaning, it's the same topic every time.

I've been trying to avoid him due to what I believe to be his non-negotiable stance, and unwillingness to acknowledge other people's comments with the same consideration he expects from others (judging by his abundance of threads), but, I can't, he's started almost every singly thread on the first page of the currently active threads.

Is there not a policy that limits one person in inundating the forums with their OPs (eg: 1 OP per week), and disallows them to repeat threads over and over again?
Again, I'm having a hard time just trying to avoid him?

I too have a problem with those who practice Catholicism coming into NON-DENOMINATIONAL forums to "DEFEND" their faith... It is a WASTE of time to debate with those who practice this sect. I have found it very EASY to avoid these arguments by simply choosing NOT to communicate with those who come to bring strife and false superiority.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in seven church ages. One of the reasons the Catholic church does not bother me is because the spirit of Jezebel existed mainly in the Thyatiran time....

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

If this interpretation is not correct why all the ado?

254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe in seven church ages. One of the reasons the Catholic church does not bother me is because the spirit of Jezebel existed mainly in the Thyatiran time....

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

This is very interesting.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Exo_8:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

than to us

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

And we know what happened to Egypt

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

and that is how I feel about the Catholic church... and I have come out of her because I do not desire to be a partaker of her sins. I believe that anyone who joins her/supports her will go down with her.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Roman Catholic
Jesus, Peter
Circa 30
Judea
The Catholic Church you belong to was the union of church and state, that institution that had the civil authority granted it by the Emperor Justinian in the 6th century. It was this church that had power to lord it over other Christian congregations and actively persecute heretics using her civil authority, (the second sword) which practice you condone. So no. Not circa 30, but specifically 538ad.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Nancy

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and that is how I feel about the Catholic church... and I have come out of her because I do not desire to be a partaker of her sins. I believe that anyone who joins her/supports her will go down with her.
While i am not threatened by the Catholic church. I am not promoting her either. I would be more of the Protestant fan had the generations to follow the WW2 generation turned out better. When I was experiencing evil things out of my denomination, Pentecostal Holiness, I was wondering what paths to take. I have noticed that the revivals of the Philadelphian church have basically come to an end. In this day and time there is a danger in getting trapped in a denomination that has long ago disappeared into the enchanted ground. I was listening to two sisters talk in an Assembly of God church and they said they heard that in the last days the people were going to have to, "Cut their own paths."

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would rather ask ‘ who founded the kingdom ‘ !!!! So, for me, the OP is a mute question and it’s irrelevant xx
Rita
Good Morning Barbara,

Wouldn't the question "Who founded the Kingdom" be a mute question since there is only one answer to that question.

But "Who founded your church" is not a mute question since there are many answers.

Mary

Reactions: amadeus

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Morning Adoration,

What about the Protestant Churches that are, what some call, *Catholic light? Will anyone that joins/supports those Churches go down also?

*A Protestant Church that holds some Catholic doctrine/dogma but is not in full agreement with them!

Mary

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul @lforrest @rockytopva @Angelina

Is there not a policy that limits one person in inundating the forums with their OPs (eg: 1 OP per week), and disallows them to repeat threads over and over again?
Again, I'm having a hard time just trying to avoid him?

you are free to start your own thread and share your faith

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church you belong to was the union of church and state, that institution that had the civil authority granted it by the Emperor Justinian in the 6th century. It was this church that had power to lord it over other Christian congregations and actively persecute heretics using her civil authority, (the second sword) which practice you condone. So no. Not circa 30, but specifically 538ad.

explain matt 16:18 Jn 20:21-22 and eph 2:20

Your right separation of church and state is immoral, the state requires the churches influence to be just and moral

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While i am not threatened by the Catholic church. I am not promoting her either. I would be more of the Protestant fan had the generations to follow the WW2 generation turned out better. When I was experiencing evil things out of my denomination, Pentecostal Holiness, I was wondering what paths to take. I have noticed that the revivals of the Philadelphian church have basically come to an end. In this day and time there is a danger in getting trapped in a denomination that has long ago disappeared into the enchanted ground. I was listening to two sisters talk in an Assembly of God church and they said they heard that in the last days the people were going to have to, "Cut their own paths."
I find it interesting that the Philadelphian church/age is the only one upon which Christ levels no criticism. Yay for the 2nd Great Awakening!!!

Reactions: Nancy

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who founded your church?
Seventh Day Adventists
Ellen White
NH, USA

The Seventh-day Adventist church was formed on May 21, 1863, in Battlecreek, Michigan by Joseph Bates and James White. Through intense history and Bible study, they had arrived at a number of conclusions for which they could find no organized body of believers, so they incorporated. As of 2015, the Seventh-day Adventist church was the fifth largest body of Christian believers in the world and growing steadily. It has the 2nd largest health and education systems of any Christian church. I have been privileged to be a baptized member for 30 years, converted from the Southern Baptist faith in 1990. :)