Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

infants have no personal sin so there is no need of repentance

but they have original sin and not grace do have the need of the holy sacrament of Christian baptism becoming a member of Christ and his holy church in communion with God

and the parents on their part pledge to raise the child in the faith and are confirmed in the faith at the age of reason

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Originally it was the sacrifice of the Passover with unleavened bread and four cups of wine and hymns
No, a feast.
To the Jews, they had a pascha feast.

The the Christians, they had a pascha feast.

Both simultaneously, but both meaning different things.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you learn these lies from laughsense.com that you accept as literal truth???

R6a62e85d2ac957e57e417b2d12bf6c14

very dangerous

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets not forget his wicked january twenty sixteen prayer . This man believes that even if one remains a muslim or buddist
they are still saved by that religoin . This one is highly dangerous and deadly deceptive . Cause he is also very nice as well .
But he is dangerous .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Offering of the liturgy!
The holy sacrifice of Jesus Christ!
Luke 22:19 “do this in memory of me”!

The Passover
(The new covenant Passover sacrifice of Christ)

The cup refers to the Passover
The sacrifice prefigured the sacrifice of Christ
Christ was celebrating the Passover and changing it into the new covenant Passover in his own body and blood
Began in the last supper with the psalm then to the garden and ended with his death in the cross with the words commanded to be said at the consummation of the Passover sacrifice by the high priest “IT IS FINISHED”!!!

jn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 cor 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
Notice the connection to his betrayal and death

1 cor 5:6-8
For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast

but something is missing we have to eat the lamb

jn 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
Behold...the Christians pascha feast in action....

18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? what shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.

34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you give no definitions. You don't define "non-Catholics" either, and I am not talking about them, I am talking about 3 kinds of Christians. "Non-Catholics" would include atheists, Buddhists, Hindus, etc. Your complaint that the definitions I gave are Catholic definitions is stupid. Complaining with no substance and no definitions.
Your definitions are entirely dependent upon a person acknowledging the Catholic Church's definitions as authoritive. Vast majority of people don't.

"Non-Catholics" = the 6.5 billion people of this world that aren't baptized Catholics + whatever proportion of the 1.3 billion baptized Catholics that don't acknowledge the Catholic Church as authoritive. All of those people exist just as equally as you.

As for an alternative definition:
"Christian" = disciple of Christ. Somebody whom follows Him.
"Catholic" = somebody whom follows the teachings of the Catholic Church and acknowledges them as authoritive.
"Protestant" = somebody whom follows the teachings of Protestant church and acknowledges them as authoritive.

Do I expect you to accept these definitions? Of course not. Just like you of course can not expect non-Catholics to accept Catholic definitions of terms.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, a feast.
To the Jews, they had a pascha feast.

The the Christians, they had a pascha feast.

Both simultaneously, but both meaning different things.

Christ changed it in the mass
The new covenant Passover sacrifice

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no it signifies the action to f grace it is one integral unit, the water, the words, and grace

no Jesus said “this IS my body!
He also said: He is the door. Does he have hinges and a lock? He say he's the vine. Does he have leaves? He said "This cup is the covenant." How can a cup literally be a covenant. You don't understand spiritual language.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It matters.

The original "communion" was a feast celebration of the death of Jesus. The wafer, or tidbit is just another RCC doctrine that took over Christianity.
Did Jesus say we have to have a full feast or did he say to eat the bread in remembrance?
17 After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, “Take this and divide it among you. 18 For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”

19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He also said: He is the door. Does he have hinges and a lock? He say he's the vine. Does he have leaves? He said "This cup is the covenant." How can a cup literally be a covenant. You don't understand spiritual language.

a body is not spiritual

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is nothing in the Word of God that suggests they celebrated the passover every week and certainly not every day as catholics do.

They devoted themselves to the teaching of the apostles and to the communal life, to the breaking of the bread and to the prayers.

Peace!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is a gate spiritual? Is a vine spiritual? You aren't eating literal human flesh, so it has to be spiritual.
Metaphor just like you are not really a goat it’s a symbol
But not the holy Eucharist that’s reality why cos He is the lamb of God Jn 1:29 and in the Passover sacrifice they had to eat the lamb after putting the blood on the door post and lentil (the cross)

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Metaphor just like you are not really a goat it’s a symbol
But not the holy Eucharist that’s reality why cos He is the lamb of God Jn 1:29 and in the Passover sacrifice they had to eat the lamb after putting the blood on the door post and lentil (the cross)
No, I'm not a goat. Why would you think I was, even spiritually?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Burn the Bible. Wow....

Correct.

Let me clarify.

The Douay Rheims is not a bible.
Its exactly the same as "The Satanic Bible".

Do you have one of those, also?
How about a "Queen James Bible"?

Do you have that one?

If so, BURN THEM.....all 3.

= BURN.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
the figure or type is the ark of Noah as a type of the holy apostolic church that we enter by baptism

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

You did quote a great and a correct verse, when trying to explain the BAPTISM that is the process of being Born again.

"baptized into one body"..

So, that Body, is "in Christ".....or "One with God"..
That is "Christ's Body", the Church, The Bride.

See that BAPTISM?
That's the Holy Spirit giving life to your DEAD Spirit, = born again SPIRITUALLY.
That is the "washing of regeneration" that is SPIRITUAL, happening on the inside of you, that causes you to become a "new birth", or a "New Creation".

Try to understand this, theefaith...
God is A Spirit.
A Holy Spirit.
God's Holy Spirit cause a spiritual baptism that puts you INTO HIMSELF......and the HOLY SPIRIT causes this....not water, or works.

There is a water baptism, that is symbolic.
Its follows the Spiritual Baptism, that is LITERAL.