Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was he talking to the 11 in Acts 1, here?...

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

jesus was glorified in the resurrection

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jesus was glorified in the resurrection
Which after his resurrection, at Pentecost, he gave out the Holy Ghost.

Acts 1, he told them to go to Jerusalem and get it.

Acts 2, they got it.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which after his resurrection, at Pentecost, he gave out the Holy Ghost.

Acts 1, he told them to go to Jerusalem and get it.

Acts 2, they got it.

it says Pentecost came from heaven
It does not say from Jesus
Should be that the spirit proceeds from the father and the son

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Like this?...

19 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Notice carefully.....>"they were baptized with the baptism of REPENTANCE"...
So, that is John the Baptist's water baptism that he gave the JEWS, before Jesus showed up.... and that is why these were baptized this way.
Its because they knew no better...., = they didnt know the Gospel yet.

Then, along comes Paul, and laid his hands on them, and they received 2nd Corinthians 12:12

Finally, 2 Timothy 2:8 and Romans 2:16 teach you that the Gospel of the Grace of God (that is not related to water), is "Paul's Gospel".

So, you need to bring your gospel into alignment with Paul's.

At this point, its not.

Now go and read this verse... 1st Corinthinans 1:17....>Paul speaking......"Christ sent me NOT TO Water BAPTIZE"..

Understand that word "NOT" ??

So, you are all about the water, but Paul is all about the real Gospel, that he defines as "His Gospel".
Peter didnt have that one in Acts 2:38

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, that is John the Baptist's water baptism that he gave the JEWS, before Jesus showed up.... and that is why these were baptized this way.

Then, along comes Paul, and laid his hands on them, and they received 2nd Corinthians 12:12

Finally, 2 Timothy 2:8 and Romans 2:16 teach you that the Gospel of the Grace of God (that is not related to water), is "Paul's Gospel".

At this point, its not.

Now go and read this verse... 1st Corinthinans 1:17....>Paul speaking......"Christ sent me NOT TO Water BAPTIZE"..

So, you are all about the water, but Paul is all about the real Gospel.

gymnastics
Paul is an apostle and all apostles are sent to make disciples by baptism Matt 28:19 including Paul
What he means is primarily he was sent to preach

you cannot receive grace or the merits of Jesus passion and death and precious blood accept by baptism and the sacrament instituted by Christ in his church

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

At this point, its not.

Understand that word "NOT" ??

So, you are all about the water, but Paul is all about the real Gospel, that he defines as "His Gospel".
Peter didnt have that one in Acts 2:38

justification by faith alone is a condemned heresy as requested by luther

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
how to have him?

He comes to live inside you, if you "receive him as your Savior".

""""""But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: """Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh (water baptism), nor of the will of man, = but of God.

So, when we are born of God, is the proof that God, Christ and the Holy Spirit, are now living in the : "Temple of the Holy Spirit", which is all the born again, who are the BODY of Christ.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He comes to live inside you, if you "receive him as your Savior".

""""""But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: """Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh (water baptism), nor of the will of man, = but of God.

So, when we are born of God, is the proof that God, Christ and the Holy Spirit, are now living in the : "Temple of the Holy Spirit", which is all the born again, who are the BODY of Christ.

Refers to baptism

The promise (sacred oath or sacrament) of the father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spoken like a true crusader. We can kill whoever we want and claim it was God's will. That's the cry of every religious terrorist.
Try to be reasonable and not fundamentalist
The church determines who is teaching and I mean teaching not just believing error, and they can be corrected if they refuse they must be handed over the the state to execute justice unlike the 1000s of Catholic who where persecuted and murdered in Protestant England under elizabeth

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Water can't save you.
If it could, then when you took a shower or a bath, you would be born again.

So, you are not thinking.
You are only endlessly cutting and pasting the deception you have been taught.

God's BLOOD, on that CROSS, is what washes away the sin of the world
Never water.

Also, there is water baptism, that follows Salvation.
Be born again, then be water baptized.

SPIRITUAL Baptism, is the event of becoming born again.
No water involved.

Reactions: Renniks

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did I discard? I accept they baptized in the name of Jesus, but your the one that discards that
I was pointing out your hypocrisy, in that that you "follow" what Eusebius said about Baptism (not really - but in your flawed understanding) - yet you reject all of the other Catholic teachings he believed in.