Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because being sinless he was one extremely smart kid.

Being devout the Holy Spirit work through him.

The Bible says the faith of a mustard seed we can move mountains. So walking on water is no big deal.

Being the second Adam and the second man is the same thing. Adam means man.

And being God the Son, He was pretty smart also.

And being God the Son, He can do His own miracles.

No, they are not the same thing. If they were the same then they different terms wouldn't have been used.

Stranger

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, they are not the same thing. If they were the same then they different terms wouldn't have been used.

Stranger

He did not come to the earth to live as god, but as a man.

Never prayed to a self, he always prayed to the father.

That he died as a man. God cannot die.

Philippians 2:7 New International Version (NIV)
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply,

second,
Yes, the glorified Jesus Christ, the God/Man is sitting on an actual throne in Heaven.
glad you said that, so the Son is siting on the throne. ok, who is the Lamb that was dead and now STANDING, (Resurrected), who is the ROOT, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, and takes the book ot of the "Right" hand of him, (the Son) as you say who sits on the throne.

so who is the Lamb? remember the Lamb was DEAD and Rose, (STANDING), resurrected, and is the ROOT, the Lion of the tribe of Juda

so stranger, who is the Lamb that took the book here in Chapter 5?

cain't wait to hear that answer.... :oops:

John 1:29, John 1:36 .................

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You can't separet out the cults doctrine. Every ex cult member I've heard the testimony of, has first questioned the doctrine and then sought answers as to who Jesus is.

It is not what we or I require them to know about Jesus, but what Jesus reveals of himself to them.
What think ye of Christ? Whose Son is He? is indeed pivotal.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

first, thanks for the reply, second, scripture,
1 John 3:15 "Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

1 John 3:16 "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren".

there are two "deaths" 1. a natural death with loss of blood. and a natural death without loss of blood. which is a spiritual death, cut off from God, in fellowship, but yet physically alive, (with blood). 2. then there is the second Death, complete cut off from God, (destroyed, with or without blood).

as 1 John 3:16 states he laind down "his" life. so what is the Life he Laid down? the Natural Life with blood. supportive scripture,
Leviticus 17:11a "For the life of the flesh is in the blood".

John 1:14a "And the Word was made flesh". and the life of all flesh is in the blood.

so it was the BLOOD that he gave. for the Lord Jesus had the same nature of God who is Spirit, pers Phil 2:6. he took on flesh.

and this death is recorded,
Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Revelation 1:18 "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

I'm very sure the "First and the Last is God .... and God said that he died. I didn't say it, he, God, said it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
first thanks for the reply, let's see if what you say is true.

question mjrhealth, "who sits on the throne? symbolic speaking,

is it the one whom you calls father, or the one whom whom you calls the son, who G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') himself while in flesh, your answer please.
well since Christ is at Gods right hand, I can only presume they both have one.

Heb_10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Heb_8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But He was still God the Son.

Yes, Jesus the Son always prayed to the Father.

God the Son experienced death. God the Son experienced resurrection also.

Good verse. Doesn't change Who Jesus was. The God/Man.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply,

second,

glad you said that, so the Son is siting on the throne. ok, who is the Lamb that was dead and now STANDING, (Resurrected), who is the ROOT, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, and takes the book ot of the "Right" hand of him, (the Son) as you say who sits on the throne.

so who is the Lamb? remember the Lamb was DEAD and Rose, (STANDING), resurrected, and is the ROOT, the Lion of the tribe of Juda

so stranger, who is the Lamb that took the book here in Chapter 5?

cain't wait to hear that answer.... :oops:

John 1:29, John 1:36 .................

Yes the Son is sitting on the throne. But the Father sits on a throne as well. (Rev. 3:21) "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." At present Jesus occupies the throne of the Father to the right of the Father. (Heb. 1:3). "...purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high"

Give me the specific verses you are asking your questions about.

The Lamb that took the book in (Rev. 5:6-7) is Jesus Christ.

Stranger

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well since Christ is at Gods right hand, I can only presume they both have one.

Heb_10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Heb_8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

You assume wrong. REV 4:2 says a throne not 2, and sitting at the right hand, here being high priest, he is finish from his work. for a sitting priest vs a standing priest symbolize the work or it's finish. read up on that ok.
you know not, nor understand what you're reading, nor what you're saying.

the Son is sitting on the throne. But the Father sits on a throne as well. (Rev. 3:21) "To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."
ERROR, did you read the very verse you posted?, apparently not, for if you did you would have seen this, "I grant to sit with me in my throne". not sit "on" my throne, but "in" my throne...... :eek:

like mjrhealth, you're thinking it's two thrones. my, my, my.

now read the scripture again.

knowing that it's only one throne, and the son is on the throne, who is the Lamb that took the book out of the son hand..... :D

remember the one who took the book is the root of David, and the first and the Last who died but is now alive, (see Rev 1:17 & 18......;)

your answer please

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But He was still God the Son.

Yes, Jesus the Son always prayed to the Father.

God the Son experienced death. God the Son experienced resurrection also.

Good verse. Doesn't change Who Jesus was. The God/Man.

Stranger

The flash name Jesus Christ a man died on the cross. That his spirit, the second person of the Trinity did not and could not.

His spirit was not resurrected, meaning return to life, but rose out of paradise along with the all the OT saints who had been waiting there.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the Son is sitting on the throne. But the Father sits on a throne as well.
The Lamb that took the book in (Rev. 5:6-7) is Jesus Christ.

so Jesus sits on the throne, and Jesus comes and takes the book out of his OWN hand?.... (smile). stranger are you saying that there are two Jesus?

one sitting on a throne, and another Jesus taking the book out of his own right hand.... LOL, is this what you are saying?

Please answer.

PS to help you out, yes, Jesus sits on the throne ...(metaphorically speaking) :cool:, and it is Jesus who takes the book out of his own hand :eek: say WHAT?..... yes. so stranger, will you PLEASE explain to us, who don't know this, how Jesus is sitting on the throne and at the same time take the book out of his "own" right hand.

I cain't wait to hear that explination.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 5:6-7 New International Version (NIV)
6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spiritsa]">[a] of God sent out into all the earth. 7 He went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne.

Sure looks to me like Jesus taking the scroll from the father.

Hebrews 12:2 New International Version (NIV)
2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

The right-hand is a position of the favored. Which means he is sitting at somebody else's right-hand.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 5:6-7 New International Version (NIV)
6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spiritsa]">[a] of God sent out into all the earth. 7 He went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne.

Sure looks to me like Jesus taking the scroll from the father.

Hebrews 12:2 New International Version (NIV)
2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

The right-hand is a position of the favored. Which means he is sitting at somebody else's right-hand.
ERROR, if so, tell me where is God's right, any right, especially his hands or side which he don't have. for God is a "Spirit". now listen when he said,
Jeremiah 23:23 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?

Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD".

so where is God right when he fills both Heaven and Earth.

please answer.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all trinitarians. if the Lord Jesus is the MANIFESTATION of God in flesh, (the Son), Meaning God in flesh. how is Jesus sitting on a throne, and at the same time taking the book, (Rev 5:1), out of his own right hand.

and two since God who is Spirit, question, "how do a Spirit sit?"...... :eek: especially when he fills the heavens, and the earth?.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, if so, tell me where is God's right, any right, especially his hands or side which he don't have. for God is a "Spirit". now listen when he said,
Jeremiah 23:23 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?

Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD".

so where is God right when he fills both Heaven and Earth.

please answer.

Jeremiah says he is omnipresent.

And yet in revelation we see the figure of a man sitting on the throne of God.

The second person of the Trinity is fully God but took on humanity and lived as a human with hands, feet, and fingers etc.

The Trinity appear to Abraham as three men.

God can look like anything he wants.

And right hand is the figurative expression with the literal meaning of the preferred side.

God sits on the throne. What you're saying says he can't.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah says he is omnipresent.

And yet in revelation we see the figure of a man sitting on the throne of God.

The second person of the Trinity is fully God but took on humanity and lived as a human with hands, feet, and fingers etc.

The Trinity appear to Abraham as three men.

God can look like anything he wants.

And right hand is the figurative expression with the literal meaning of the preferred side.

God sits on the throne. What you're saying says he can't.
ok, is it Jesus who sits on the throne, and is it Jesus the Lamb who takes the book out of his own hand?.

please explain.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all trinitarians. if the Lord Jesus is the MANIFESTATION of God in flesh, (the Son), Meaning God in flesh. how is Jesus sitting on a throne, and at the same time taking the book, (Rev 5:1), out of his own right hand.

and two since God who is Spirit, question, "how do a Spirit sit?"...... :eek: especially when he fills the heavens, and the earth?.

No it does not mean God is flesh. It means the second person of the Trinity resides in the flesh called Jesus Christ.

And he's not sitting on the throne and taking the book the same time. He is receiving the book father first person.

God to be any size or shape he wishes.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it does not mean God is flesh. It means the second person of the Trinity resides in the flesh called Jesus Christ.

And he's not sitting on the throne and taking the book the same time. He is receiving the book father first person.

God to be any size or shape he wishes.
Hold it did you not say that the Father is not the Son and vice versa,

let's take this one step at a time.

who sits on the throne? the father or the son?

.please answer/

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
Hold it did you not say that the Father is not the Son and vice versa,

let's take this one step at a time.

who sits on the throne? the father or the son?

.please answer/

I said the father gave Jesus the book that means two people.

The father was on the throne at that time. And other times they're both sitting on the, Jesus on his father's right side. Still others, only the father.
But never only the son.

Your modalism is false.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said the father gave Jesus the book that means two people.

The father was on the throne at that time. And other times they're both sitting on the, Jesus on his father's right side. Still others, only the father.
But never only the son.

Your modalism is false.
first thanks for the reply,

second, your friend stranger said that it is Jesus on the throne. and you said, "The father was on the throne at that time". ERROR, the same one is on the throne in chapter 4 as well as chapter 5, listen, “him That sat on the throne”, him reefers back to the occupant on the throne in chapter 4. the same Person.... LOL. so your assessment is in ERROR.

so the Question still stand, "the lord Jesus sit on the throne, and the lord Jesus takes the book out of his own hand.

now, instead of an excuse, give a explination how the Lord Jesus sit and stand at the same time.

to take away your Father theory as the one sitting on the throne,
Revelation 4:11 "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Now if this is the father, on the throne?, who gave the father POWER, for the verse ststes, “to receive glory and honour and power”, if this is the Father who sits, and “received” POWER, I want to know who gave him the power, name please? Book chapter and verse please.