Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Words are not beings. That is how you know John 1:1 is figurative.
Have you ever read John 1?

John 1:1-15 (NKJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 HE was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus was with his disciples, he asked them who are the people saying the Son of man is? When they answered giving him a various of incorrect answers, He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” (ego eimi) Matthew 16:15

Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16) Jesus then commends Peter for the correct and accurate answer by responding to him “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did.” (Matthew 16:17)

Peter was not the only one that properly identifies the (ego eimi) but the Apostle Paul also identifies about the one who stood by him. The Apostle Paul also gives witness about the ego'eimi . "For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve," (Acts 27:23)

Read more...