Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In no way does this verse support the trinity or co-equality.
Which of the three parts of your own body are unequal to the other two - Body, Soul or Spirit?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
None of them are equal. Nice Appeal to Strawman.
When you do something or create something it takes all three parts of you to accomplish it. Same with God.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In no way does this verse support the trinity or co-equality.

says you! There is ONE NAME of Almighty God, which is YHWH, as is clear from Exodus 3:14-15, and other places. In this verse it is very clear, that the Three distinct Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, have this One Name as Theirs. ONLY if they are COEQUAL can this be possible. Your argument is moot!

Reactions: Cooper and Pearl

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have to call me maam 'cos I'm not the queen or the judge or a senior police officer.

Although the world has changed, we Christians try to be kind and respectful to others. Maam is a respectful way to address females that we speak to. I know I do not have to, but we desire to, it is no imposition, and I don't mind showing you respect as a humble one who feels that they are inferior to a judge or rank holding police officer. I especially respect that because you are not inferior to anyone no matter what position they hold, in the physical world anyway. It is quite refreshing to see humility such as yours, and while it is proper to show respect to those individuals you mentioned, it is just as appropriate to show you respect as well.

You should be treated by others especially Christians the way they desire to be treated. Again, I commend you on your humility, no doubt God appreciates you.

The question I asked you however was who was the "he" in your comment that said He is God.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is the Messiah, the Christ. He is the atonement for all our sin
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
In him all things were created.
He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
He is supreme.
He is King of kings and Lord of lords.
He is the Name above all names.
He is my Saviour and my brother.
He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
He is my life
Very good maam! You definitely nailed it, with scripture I might add.

Reactions: Pearl

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is ample support for the Bible fact that Jesus is God. John 1:1 is a good place to start, and 1 Timothy 3:16 is another excellent verse (but only in the King James Bible).

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The modern bible versions have corrupted this verse, based upon corrupt Greek manuscripts. But the majority of manuscripts say that God (THEOS in abbreviated form) was manifest in the flesh (or made Man).

It is only God who could pay the penalty for the sins of the whole world. And it is only the blood of God that could wash us from our sins. Therefore we have this verse:
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. (Acts 20:28)

You need to do more research sir. Likely the version of the Bible you use called the Word God in Jn 1:1 which is not accurate. Those same versions use an a and do not capitalize God at Acts 28:6 even though written the same way. Those versions usually add God like you posted in replace of the actual word who, which was speaking about Jesus and not Jehovah, Jesus was the one manifested in the flesh just as scripture shows, and changing the word who to God does not change that fact.

To pay for the sins of mankind, God's exacting law required a corresponding ransom, in other words a perfect human to redeem what Adam lost, since no perfect humans existed, the Bible reveals to us: Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting. As well as: (1 Corinthians 15:22) . . .For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive.

Take note of this account sir: (Matthew 16:13-17) . . .Jesus asked his disciples: “Who are men saying the Son of man is?” 14 They said: “Some say John the Baptist, others E·liʹjah, and still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did.

That is the actual answer, thanks for your reply Enoch.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Although the world has changed, we Christians try to be kind and respectful to others. Maam is a respectful way to address females that we speak to. I know I do not have to, but we desire to, it is no imposition, and I don't mind showing you respect as a humble one who feels that they are inferior to a judge or rank holding police officer. I especially respect that because you are not inferior to anyone no matter what position they hold, in the physical world anyway. It is quite refreshing to see humility such as yours, and while it is proper to show respect to those individuals you mentioned, it is just as appropriate to show you respect as well.

You should be treated by others especially Christians the way they desire to be treated. Again, I commend you on your humility, no doubt God appreciates you.

Oh dear, have I upset you? Sorry if I have. I thought you were being facetious. Nobody in the UK would call anybody maam apart from the three exceptions I pointed out. To us it isn't a term of respect that is used to ordinary women. But the US must be different.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not equal to Jehovah sir, not as a human Jn 14:28 nor after his return to heaven 1 Cor 11:3. Matter of fact sitting at Jehovah's right hand is not literal, but stands for heavenly position.

Joseph:

"Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou." Gen 41:40

Jesus:

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." John 14:28

You and me:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

How like Him is Jesus and how like Him are we to be?

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." John 17:21-23

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh dear, have I upset you? Sorry if I have. I thought you were being facetious. Nobody in the UK would call anybody maam apart from the three exceptions I pointed out. To us it isn't a term of respect that is used to ordinary women. But the US must be different.
Yes, it is different! In the U.S. today it is a term of respectful courtesy given to any woman without regard to her actual place [low or high according to men] in society. In the UK I suspect it falls back directly to a time when people of royal or noble blood demanded and were given a special respect by lower classed people with no direct connection to the upper classes of society. Being always an American I may have missed it a bit, but I suspect this is the difference and the reason you did not believe the term was a proper one to apply to you.
You are a sweetheart in any case, whether we call you maam or simply 'dear sister' in Christ.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Joseph:

"Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou." Gen 41:40

Jesus:

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." John 14:28

You and me:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

How like Him is Jesus and how like Him are we to be?

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." John 17:21-23

During His Incarnation Jesus Christ was subordinate to God the Father, as the God-Man. He was nonetheless even at this time YHWH.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During His Incarnation Jesus Christ was subordinate to God the Father, as the God-Man. He was nonetheless even at this time YHWH.
So you believe...

What do we know? Is our faith finished yet?

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith..." Heb 12:2

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So you believe...

What do we know? Is our faith finished yet?

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith..." Heb 12:2

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Can you explain what you are on about

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you explain what you are on about
Do we live for God by faith or by knowledge? If by faith, why do we insist that we know the Truth on every point better than others who also live for God by faith?

"Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith." Hab. 2:4

"Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him." Heb 10:38

Greater than than knowledge or faith is what?

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity [Love], these three; but the greatest of these is charity [Love]." I Cor 13:13

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing" I Cor 13:2

Reactions: Azim and Addy