Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do we live for God by faith or by knowledge? If by faith, why do we insist that we know the Truth on every point better than others who also live for God by faith?

"Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith." Hab. 2:4

"Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him." Heb 10:38

Greater than than knowledge or faith is what?

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity [Love], these three; but the greatest of these is charity [Love]." I Cor 13:13

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing" I Cor 13:2

Still I don't understand what you mean

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still I don't understand what you mean
I mean that I live by faith, which is according to what Paul wrote, "the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen...".

Do I know anything about God and the things of God rather than hold them by faith? Undoubtedly as God has given knowledge to me, but who is able in himself to separate that which he knows from that which he holds only by faith, some of which may include his own errors?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and in this day and age one more dire reminder is needed .
AND JESUS is truly the ONLY WAY UNTO THE FATHER .
HE who believes in JESUS has life
but HE who does not , has not life .
There is no other plan of salvation but this one ......
To be saved ye must confess JESUS by mouth and believe from the heart that GOD has rose Him from the dead .
No other religion , no other name is gonna save ya .
There was the spirit of anti christ already at work in johns day trying to deny that JESUS was the Christ .
But john reminded the church in quite a few places . That if one wont recieve the testimony of GOD
about HIS SON , then they call God a liar . And all other religoins , thus are false as is secularism and other other ism .
Keep it simple . If you want salvation and not damnation , BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST . All else is but vain thinking
and a false love . FOR the LOVE of GOD points us to the ONLY SAVOIR Who indeed CAN SAVE US .
NEVER forget this . HOLD this FIRM to the end . And beware the all inclusive lie of a dead false gospel .

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
and in this day and age one more dire reminder is needed .
AND JESUS is truly the ONLY WAY UNTO THE FATHER .
HE who believes in JESUS has life
but HE who does not , has not life .
There is no other plan of salvation but this one ......
To be saved ye must confess JESUS by mouth and believe from the heart that GOD has rose Him from the dead .
No other religion , no other name is gonna save ya .
There was the spirit of anti christ already at work in johns day trying to deny that JESUS was the Christ .
But john reminded the church in quite a few places . That if one wont recieve the testimony of GOD
about HIS SON , then they call God a liar . And all other religoins , thus are false as is secularism and other other ism .
Keep it simple . If you want salvation and not damnation , BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST . All else is but vain thinking
and a false love . FOR the LOVE of GOD points us to the ONLY SAVOIR Who indeed CAN SAVE US .
NEVER forget this . HOLD this FIRM to the end . And beware the all inclusive lie of a dead false gospel .

However repentance from sins is also a requirement for salvation

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who is Jesus? Jesus asked the same question I would suggest the moment He realized He was different from His brothers. Different from His neighbors. He didn't join in their bullying of those less privileged. He didn't speak cruelly to those who abused Him. He didn't get angry when things didn't go as planned. He didn't get impatient when customers failed to pay their debts.
And of course the stories of His birth... His flight into Egypt... The visits by angels and the singing... The attempts to murder him by Herod... All told to Him by His mother... Oh, He was different all right. So Who was He? Who am I? Where did I get this wisdom that at 12 years old I could teach my teachers? Who am I? Why is it that so many prophets spoke of Me? Why is it that my life is fulfilling so many prophecies? Who am I?
Who do the people say that I am?
Some say a rabbi. Others say a prophet. Some even say a great man.
But who do you say that I am?
Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God.
That's right Peter. My Father showed you that. Yes, I am my Father's Son.

Reactions: Azim and amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for allowing me to give a testimony .
For years i could say a solid truth that JESUS only saves , yet i was a drinker , partier , adulterer , fornicator
liar , and many other things . Thus it proved my faith was dead .
But praise be to GOD He truly led me to true faith in Christ and my heart was changed and repentance away from sin
and the love of the truth was placed upon my heart .
Yes many do say or can say that JESUS is the savoir and yet they deny the FAITH as i too once did .
How so . I was not a doer of the word at all . As even paul would warn folks
HE who does not provide for his own , a DOER action , Specially for those of his own household He has DENIED
what ...........THE FAITH and is worse than an infidel .
OH its so true that faith without works is dead . BUT SO too is this works without FAITH .
IF our faith is truly in JESUS , THEN WE would obey HIM in all things . THE PROOF indeed that we are of HIM
and do follow the SPIRIT . AND if we have the FRUIT of the SPIRIT
it is in all goodness , righteousess and truth and proves what is acceptable unto GOD .
And sin aint acceptable unto GOD . WHO we follow , who we obey , IS WHOSE we are . Whether of sin unto death
or .........of obediance unto Righteousness . Thanks my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
repentance from sin is evidence indeed that a lamb is born again .
GOD changed me my friend . He truly did . He was the one who gave me a whole new desire a whole new direction
away from sin and into the love of truth . Oh yes . The evidence of the glorious grace of GOD at work .
For the grace o GOD that brings salvation TEACHES US to DENY ungodliness and wordly lusts and to be walking
soberly righteously and godly as we await the coming of our Lord .
When i say we are saved soley by grace , its so true . I cant give myself one ounce of credit .
But if we truly do have CHRIST then we do have the SPIRIT
and if have the SPIRIT our desires are not for sin , but love of the truth , holiness and righteousness .
A new and living way . OH there is power in the blood indeed . Most do not know what i speak about and have
not truly submitted unto the righteousness of GOD . WHICH IS JESUS CHRIST . FAITH IN HIM .
The name whereby , and the ONLY NAME WHEREBY one can be saved . But if one has not the SPIRIT
they are NOT HIS . AND THE SPIRIT leads us into truth , into a holy walk , walking righteously , NOT INTO SIN .
We must truly learn the biblical Christ . And as GOD did for me , putting me into that bible to learn and grow by His grace
SO too by that same grace , that same spirit do i beg and plead for folks to abandon the many traditions of men
and return to bible reading and learn and grow in HIS grace .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You simply don't understand what it says because of your theology

Yea right! The verse says NOTHING about the nature of God. The trinity is not in the Bible - not the word, not the concept.

In addition, Matthew 28:19 is a corruption, not found in the original text. See my thread on why the Apostles disobeyed the risen Christ.

Reactions: APAK

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yea right! The verse says NOTHING about the nature of God. In addition, Matthew 28:19 is a corruption, not found in the original text. See my thread on why the Apostles disobeyed the risen Christ.

Shows that you have not a clue what you are talking about. I have been studying textual criticism for almost 40 years and can tell you with 100% certainty that you are wrong. Let's see your evidence

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he was God he actually would be a liar Mk 10:40; 13:32. The reason he was the greatest man who ever lived is because unlike the only other perfect man who ever lived, he remained sinless till death.

Hi Robert,

I noticed you didn't quote the passages, only referenced them. So I'll include them for you so we can look at them together.

Mark 10:39-40 KJV
39) And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:
40) But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.

Mark 13:30-32 KJV
30) Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
31) Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
32) But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

I'm not seeing in these passages any statement one way or the other, Jesus is God, Jesus is not God, These don't tell us this.

I'm guessing you are referring to that Jesus was not determining the who sits where, and that He didn't know the time of His return?

Is this correct?

Philippians 2:4-11 KJV
4) Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:7 LITV
7) but emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, having become in the likeness of men

To me, lacking a specific statement otherwise, these questions are answered here in Philippians, that the Son of God emptied Himself, and took upon Himself the humble form of a servant, so that He said,

I only do what the Father does, I only say what the Father says.

"Made himself", "took upon Himself", these are transitional words which speak of a pre-existant being who 'became' in the form of a servant, of a man.

Who was that?

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You need to do more research sir. Likely the version of the Bible you use called the Word God in Jn 1:1 which is not accurate.
Obviously you do not want the truth, therefore I will leave you to your delusions.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shows that you have not a clue what you are talking about. I have been studying textual criticism for almost 40 years and can tell you with 100% certainty that you are wrong. Let's see your evidence

The burden of evidence is on the one making the positive claim. IF there were a verse in the Bible that said something like The nature of God is a trinity - consisting of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit - and if you do not believe this, you cannot be saved but are damned to hell forever it would be the most quoted verse in Scripture.

The Biblical evidence against the trinity is overwhelming. 1st, the entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews who reject trinitarianism to this very day. This explains why the trinity is not in the Bible. The trinity is so important, none of the authors mention it once in 66 books! To compensate, trinitarians try to impose trinitarian doctrine onto unitarian text. 2nd, is the 1C. If the plural 'our' is important in GE 1:26, the singular "me" in the 1C must be even more important. 3rd, God is referred to using singular pronouns over 5,000 times. So, one verse (or 2) that implies plural, cannot subordinate the 5,000 singular references of His unitarian nature.

4th, God says he is God alone in what is known as the Shema, the most important command at Deutoronomy 6:4. This is repeated in Isaiah 45:5, 21, Jeremiah 10:10, Joel 2:27, by Jesus in Mark 12:29 (Listen, O Israel! The LORD our God is the one and only LORD.), John 17:3, 1 Corinthians 8:6, etc.

5th, Jesus says God is greater than he, know more, selected, sent Jesus and tells Jesus what to say. Then there is 1 Corinthians 11:3. All of this destroys the notion of equality and proves hierarchy - that does not even reference the nonexistent '3rd person.' As well as the opening of all the Epistles. 6th, the only God is Jesus' God as Jesus himself says @ John 20:17 and Revelations 3. 7th, is Christianity's end game defined below:

23 But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.

24 After that the end will come, when he will turn the Kingdom over to God the Father, having destroyed every ruler and authority and power. 25 For Christ must reign until he humbles all his enemies beneath his feet. 26 And the last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For the Scriptures say, “God has put all things under his authority.”[a] (Of course, when it says “all things are under his authority,” that does not include God himself, who gave Christ his authority.) 28 Then, when all things are under his authority, the Son will put himself under God’s authority, so that God, who gave his Son authority over all things, will be utterly supreme over everything everywhere.

1 Corinthians 15:23-28

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The burden of evidence is on the one making the positive claim. IF there were a verse in the Bible that said something like The nature of God is a trinity - consisting of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit - and if you do not believe this, you cannot be saved but are damned to hell forever it would be the most quoted verse in Scripture.

The Biblical evidence against the trinity is overwhelming. 1st, the entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews who reject trinitarianism to this very day. This explains why the trinity is not in the Bible. The trinity is so important, none of the authors mention it once in 66 books! To compensate, trinitarians try to impose trinitarian doctrine onto unitarian text. 2nd, is the 1C. If the plural 'our' is important in GE 1:26, the singular "me" in the 1C must be even more important. 3rd, God is referred to using singular pronouns over 5,000 times. So, one verse (or 2) that implies plural, cannot subordinate the 5,000 singular references of His unitarian nature.

4th, God says he is God alone in what is known as the Shema, the most important command at Deutoronomy 6:4. This is repeated in Isaiah 45:5, 21, Jeremiah 10:10, Joel 2:27, by Jesus in Mark 12:29 (Listen, O Israel! The LORD our God is the one and only LORD.), John 17:3, 1 Corinthians 8:6, etc.

5th, Jesus says God is greater than he, know more, selected, sent Jesus and tells Jesus what to say. Then there is 1 Corinthians 11:3. All of this destroys the notion of equality and proves hierarchy - that does not even reference the nonexistent '3rd person.' As well as the opening of all the Epistles. 6th, the only God is Jesus' God as Jesus himself says @ John 20:17 and Revelations 3. 7th, is Christianity's end game defined below:

23 But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.

24 After that the end will come, when he will turn the Kingdom over to God the Father, having destroyed every ruler and authority and power. 25 For Christ must reign until he humbles all his enemies beneath his feet. 26 And the last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For the Scriptures say, “God has put all things under his authority.”[a] (Of course, when it says “all things are under his authority,” that does not include God himself, who gave Christ his authority.) 28 Then, when all things are under his authority, the Son will put himself under God’s authority, so that God, who gave his Son authority over all things, will be utterly supreme over everything everywhere.

1 Corinthians 15:23-28

You Jehovah's Wintess or Unitarian?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm so confused by this conversation... Wrangler... your status states that you are a Christian yet you do not believe in the Trinity...
I have never heard of this... OH well... Learn something new everyday.

Reactions: Pearl