Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The stipulation of being a Christian is that you must believe that Jesus is GOD.... If you do not believe this... you are NOT a Christian.

I have never heard a Jehovah Witness claim to be a Christian... but then again... I don't follow the non believers threads.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The burden of evidence is on the one making the positive claim.
Not at all. The burden of proof is on the one denying the truth. And misapplication of Scripture is unacceptable.

If tomorrow you would claim that the law of gravity does not exist, or 2 + 2 does not equal four, the burden of proof would be on you.

Does the Bible CLEARLY PRESENT the triune Godhead? Absolutely. Even doubting Thomas -- a strict Jew -- proclaimed to the Risen Christ -- "MY LORD AND MY GOD". And later on all the disciples worshipped Christ.

So now we have both the Father and the Son as God. And other passages confirm that the Holy Spirit is also God. Yet there is one God eternally existent as three Persons -- the Father, the Son (or the Word), and the Holy Spirit. And that is exactly what we read in Matthew 28:19.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The stipulation of being a Christian is that you must believe that Jesus is GOD.... If you do not believe this... you are NOT a Christian.

I have never heard a Jehovah Witness claim to be a Christian... but then again... I don't follow the non believers threads.
They do where I live.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple question

Yup. A simple diversion.

A little humility would go a long way. Something like, 'Wrangler, you presented a lot of compelling evidence. I admire your knowledge on the subject and will have to reflect on the overwhelming evidence you've presented.' That'd be nice.

Instead, you be like "(Since I cannot impugn your overwhelming evidence) I'll just attack you, make you the subject of discussion, and the denomination you belong. Then when you don't fall for it, I'll just pretend my illogical reply of diversion should accepted on the grounds that it is 'simple.'"

To quote Hillary Clinton, "What difference, at this point, does it make?" The Bible frequently says God, the Father. Not once does the Bible say, 'God, the Son' or 'God, The Holy Spirit.' This is because trinitarianism is a foreign concept to Biblical authors.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The burden of evidence is on the one making the positive claim. IF there were a verse in the Bible that said something like The nature of God is a trinity - consisting of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit - and if you do not believe this, you cannot be saved but are damned to hell forever it would be the most quoted verse in Scripture.

Our Triune God

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The stipulation of being a Christian is that you must believe that Jesus is GOD

That's how strong the trinitarian dogma is. Nowhere does it say anything like this in the Bible. How about if we look at what Jesus says is the stipulation?

Hunter is the son of Joe. This does not make Hunter Joe.

24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?
Matthew 16:24-26

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In one of their Greek New Testaments called the Emphatic Diaglott, the English reading in the right hand column for John 1.1 reads: "and the Logos was God"

It is amazing how desperate trinitarians cannot accept John 1:1 is figurative. In the beginning was the Word (of Joe Biden), and the Word was with <Joe Biden>, and the Word was <Joe Biden>. Joe Biden is not a word. People/beings are not words.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is amazing how desperate trinitarians cannot accept John 1:1 is figurative. In the beginning was the Word (of Joe Biden), and the Word was with <Joe Biden>, and the Word was <Joe Biden>. Joe Biden is not a word. People/beings are not words.

So you believe that God is not Trinity? Then the Bible must be wrong and you must be right :eek:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not a who...it's a what....
God is what He is....who is He?
  1. El Shaddai el shad-di' Lord God Almighty
  2. El Elyon el el-yone' The Most High God
  3. Adonai ad-o-noy' Lord, Master
  4. Yahweh yah-weh Lord, Jehovah
  5. Jehovah Nissi yeh-ho-vaw' nis-see' The Lord My Banner
  6. Jehovah-Raah yeh-ho-vaw' raw-aw' The Lord My Shepherd
  7. Jehovah Rapha yeh-ho-vaw' raw-faw' The Lord That Heals
  8. Jehovah Shammah yeh-ho-vaw' shawm'-maw The Lord Is There
  9. Jehovah Tsidkenu yeh-ho-vaw' tsid-kay'-noo The Lord Our Righteousness
  10. Jehovah Mekoddishkem yeh-ho-vaw' M-qadash The Lord Who Sanctifies You
  11. El Olam el o-lawm' The Everlasting God
  12. Elohim el-o-heem' God
  13. Qanna kan-naw' Jealous
  14. Jehovah Jireh yeh-ho-vaw' yir-eh' The Lord Will Provide
  15. Jehovah Shalom yeh-ho-vaw' shaw-lome' The Lord Is Peace
  16. Jehovah Sabaoth yeh-ho-vaw' se ba'ôt The Lord of Host.
Who is Jesus?
All the Names of Jesus - Bible Resources
Very extensive list of names and titles

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No. I believe God is one (unitarian). And the Bible is right and trinitarians are wrong.

So when Jesus speaks to His Father, He is actually speaking to Himself? The fact that Jesus uses the 3rd person means nothing? When Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as "another Comforter" where the Greek says another like Himself, this also means that Jesus means that the Holy Spirit is Himself? :rolleyes: