Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is 100% clear at John 17:3--The one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD---BELIEVE JESUS.
John 17:3 Is saying that the only way that you can know God is through Jesus Christ.

John 17:5 says, "And now O Father, glorify me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was".

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 17:3 Is saying that the only way that you can know God is through Jesus Christ.

John 17:5 says, "And now O Father, glorify me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world was".
Yes Jesus is the firstborn of all creation= created direct first and last, all other things created through him. He is the one who was beside God during the creation=Gods master worker( Prov 8:30)--He gives 100% credit to God for the creating.
The OT is filled with info about the true God. Most dont realize-Jesus is Gods image, thus while on earth showed Gods loving side and the good things that will occur in his kingdom. But few realize that here-Rev 19:11-Jesus will show Gods Noahs day, Sodom and Gommorah, etc side of things to the wicked on the earth.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Jesus is the firstborn of all creation= created direct first and last, all other things created through him. He is the one who was beside God during the creation=Gods master worker( Prov 8:30)--He gives 100% credit to God for the creating.
The OT is filled with info about the true God. Most dont realize-Jesus is Gods image, thus while on earth showed Gods loving side and the good things that will occur in his kingdom. But few realize that here-Rev 19:11-Jesus will show Gods Noahs day, Sodom and Gommorah, etc side of things to the wicked on the earth.
It appears to me that Jesus was co-creator with God, Colossians 1:15-20.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears to me that Jesus was co-creator with God, Colossians 1:15-20.
Actually it shows it was done-THROUGH- Jesus, that means God did all the creating. Just as Gods master worker( Prov 8:30) = the one beside God during the creation process as explained at Prov 8, gives all credit to God.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it shows it was done-THROUGH- Jesus, that means God did all the creating. Just as Gods master worker( Prov 8:30) = the one beside God during the creation process as explained at Prov 8, gives all credit to God.
If you want to glorify God, you will have to glorify Jesus Christ first. "That all men should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He that does not honor the Son does not honor the Father which sent him" John 5:23.

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who is Jesus Christ?​

The answer about who Jesus is, as revealed by the Father in heaven, is below. I say don't add anything else to this. Since Peter was praised then you will be, too.

Matt 16
13When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, He questioned His disciples: “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15“But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to glorify God, you will have to glorify Jesus Christ first. "That all men should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He that does not honor the Son does not honor the Father which sent him" John 5:23.
Yes honor him by obeying every thing he taught.
Jesus doesn't accept glory from men- John 5:41

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes honor him by obeying every thing he taught.
Jesus doesn't accept glory from men- John 5:41
If you could (which you can't) obey everything that he taught, you would have to be totally and completely sanctified (which you are not) because you are still here on the earth in your unredeemed Adamic body, Romans 8:23.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you could (which you can't) obey everything that he taught, you would have to be totally and completely sanctified (which you are not) because you are still here on the earth in your unredeemed Adamic body, Romans 8:23.
Many will stay on earth and live forever upon it. ( Psalm 37:29, Prov 2:21-22)--They will be made back to perfection and never die.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, this earth will be destroyed by fire, 2 Peter 3:10-14.
This satan ruled system will be destroyed. The Earth will never be made to totter. Prov 2:21-22 assures the righteous will remain on this earth forever, as does psalm 37:29
Peter is symbolism--New heavens and new earth= Gods kingdom ruling forever no more satan influences.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This satan ruled system will be destroyed. The Earth will never be made to totter. Prov 2:21-22 assures the righteous will remain on this earth forever, as does psalm 37:29
Peter is symbolism--New heavens and new earth= Gods kingdom ruling forever no more satan influences.
Peter is symbolism? I don't think so. "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the works that are therein shall be burned up" 2 Peter 3:10.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter is symbolism? I don't think so. "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the works that are therein shall be burned up" 2 Peter 3:10.
There are alot of symbolic things in the bible. Nothing is wrong with this earth that God cannot fix.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are alot of symbolic things in the bible. Nothing is wrong with this earth that God cannot fix.
God is going to fix it alright. "The heavens shall pass away with a great noise and everything is going to melt with fervent heat. We are looking for a new heaven and a new earth, 2 Peter 3:13.