Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, "For if you believe not that I am "HE" you will die in your sins" John 8:24. What was Jesus saying? Who is the "HE"? When I first became a Christian, I was not really sure about who Jesus Christ was. I knew that he was the Son of God, but that was it. I wrestled with the belief that Jesus was God. How could Jesus be God when he appeared to be an ordinary man. But he was not an ordinary man. Ordinary men cannot raise people from the dead. Ordinary men cannot feed five thousand people with next to nothing. Ordinary men cannot heal the sick. Ordinary men do not say, "Before Abraham was, I am" John 8:59.

After extensive study I concluded that Jesus was the physical manifestation of God. The scripture said, "For in him (Jesus) dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily" Colossians 2:9. The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus is God. Not everyone believes that Jesus is God. I have found that those who do not believe that Jesus is God usually belong to the organized church. There is a reason for this. Those that belong to an organized religion are not able to live by faith alone. This is especially true of Catholics. Paul said, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith alone means to believe the Gospel, no laws, rules or religion needed.

RELIGION: "An indication of the absence of faith". A quote from one of the most prominent Christian scholars of our time, Robert D. Brinsmead. Religion is a safety net for those that cannot live by faith in Christ alone. The thinking is that just in case Jesus is not God maybe I will be saved by my religion, (WRONG). If we are not saved by Christ alone, we are not saved. Jesus plainly said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man can come to the Father, but by me" John 14:6. Do what I did. After I learned the truth about Jesus Christ I renounced by religion and now trust in Christ alone.
I think Jesus is God in flesh:

"Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and his name shall be called Emmanuel"
(which means, God with us). Matthew 1:23 RSV

Reactions: TLHKAJ and L.A.M.B.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Jesus is God in flesh:

"Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and his name shall be called Emmanuel"
(which means, God with us). Matthew 1:23 RSV
You think right. Jesus is the physical manifestation of God. "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit and these three are one" 1 John 5:7. Some will say, "That is not in the original manuscript." If it is not in the original manuscript, how did it get in the Bible? Watch out for scoffers.

• Love
Reactions: TLHKAJ and L.A.M.B.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, "For if you believe not that I am "HE" you will die in your sins" John 8:24. What was Jesus saying? Who is the "HE"? When I first became a Christian, I was not really sure about who Jesus Christ was. I knew that he was the Son of God, but that was it. I wrestled with the belief that Jesus was God. How could Jesus be God when he appeared to be an ordinary man. But he was not an ordinary man. Ordinary men cannot raise people from the dead. Ordinary men cannot feed five thousand people with next to nothing. Ordinary men cannot heal the sick. Ordinary men do not say, "Before Abraham was, I am" John 8:59.

After extensive study I concluded that Jesus was the physical manifestation of God. The scripture said, "For in him (Jesus) dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily" Colossians 2:9. The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus is God. Not everyone believes that Jesus is God. I have found that those who do not believe that Jesus is God usually belong to the organized church. There is a reason for this. Those that belong to an organized religion are not able to live by faith alone. This is especially true of Catholics. Paul said, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith alone means to believe the Gospel, no laws, rules or religion needed.

RELIGION: "An indication of the absence of faith". A quote from one of the most prominent Christian scholars of our time, Robert D. Brinsmead. Religion is a safety net for those that cannot live by faith in Christ alone. The thinking is that just in case Jesus is not God maybe I will be saved by my religion, (WRONG). If we are not saved by Christ alone, we are not saved. Jesus plainly said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man can come to the Father, but by me" John 14:6. Do what I did. After I learned the truth about Jesus Christ I renounced by religion and now trust in Christ alone.
He being the one sent forth from God=The messiah, Gods son= not God.
Few on earth knows what Jesus taught. They think they do, but Few do.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He being the one sent forth from God=The messiah, Gods son= not God.
Few on earth knows what Jesus taught. They think they do, but Few do.
You apparently do not believe that Jesus is the second person of the Godhead. You are not alone. Perhaps you can tell me who that was that fed 5,000 people with practically nothing. Only God can atone for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You apparently do not believe that Jesus is the second person of the Godhead. You are not alone. Perhaps you can tell me who that was that fed 5,000 people with practically nothing. Only God can atone for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.
God gave Jesus all authority-Matt 28:18-- Jesus teaches-he can do 0 of his own initiative-John 5:19, John 5:30
Acts 2:22-God did all the powerful works-through-Jesus.

In the Greek Lexicons, there are only 2 spots in the NT where God and another called god occurs--John 1:1, 2 Cor 4:4--at both spots the true living God is called-Ton Theon=capitol G God, both the word and satan called Theon= god when in the same paragraph where the true God is mentioned. The only word in Greek for either God or god is Theon( Theos)--so to show the difference of what one was being called, they used Ton Theon( The God) for the true God. But he was called Theon in many NT spots when no other god was being mentioned because one knows it was speaking of the true God.
I say the trinity scholars know these facts with 0 doubt, but to say truth on the matter, hundreds of religions claiming to serve Jesus would be proved false, billions of dollars would be lost yearly, and most likely 2 billion humans suing them for taking their money falsely because they do know. Its a scam-Its done like this-2Thess 2:3-2Cor 11:12-15

Last edited:

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus was referring to being the messiah. Believing Jesus is God as part of the gospel is not something that is stated in scripture.

John 4
25The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When He comes, He will explain everything to us.”
26Jesus answered, “I who speak to you am He.”

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was referring to being the messiah. Believing Jesus is God as part of the gospel is not something that is stated in scripture.

John 4
25The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When He comes, He will explain everything to us.”
26Jesus answered, “I who speak to you am He.”
Yes, Jesus was the Messiah and was also the Son of God. But who is the Messiah? and who is the Son of God? Jesus said to Philip, "He that has seen me has seen the Father" John 14:8-14.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gave Jesus all authority-Matt 28:18-- Jesus teaches-he can do 0 of his own initiative-John 5:19, John 5:30
Acts 2:22-God did all the powerful works-through-Jesus.

In the Greek Lexicons, there are only 2 spots in the NT where God and another called god occurs--John 1:1, 2 Cor 4:4--at both spots the true living God is called-Ton Theon=capitol G God, both the word and satan called Theon= god when in the same paragraph where the true God is mentioned. The only word in Greek for either God or god is Theon( Theos)--so to show the difference of what one was being called, they used Ton Theon( The God) for the true God. But he was called Theon in many NT spots when no other god was being mentioned because one knows it was speaking of the true God.
I say the trinity scholars know these facts with 0 doubt, but to say truth on the matter, hundreds of religions claiming to serve Jesus would be proved false, billions of dollars would be lost yearly, and most likely 2 billion humans suing them for taking their money falsely because they do know. Its a scam-Its done like this-2Thess 2:3-2Cor 11:12-15
There are several scriptures in the Bible where Jesus claims to be God. This is why the Pharisees persecuted him.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and lforrest

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus was the Messiah and was also the Son of God. But who is the Messiah? and who is the Son of God? Jesus said to Philip, "He that has seen me has seen the Father" John 14:8-14.
It's not literally laying eyes on Jesus and then suddenly they saw the Father. They were with Jesus from the beginning of his ministry. It was not until John chapter 14:7 that Jesus said, " If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”

Seeing just refers to knowing and understanding in this case. Being "blind" or "seeing" is often used figuratively in scripture. Here's an example where literally seeing with your eyeballs does not makes one guilty of sin.

John 9
41“If you were blind,” Jesus replied, “you would not be guilty of sin. But since you claim you can see, your guilt remains.”

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think right. Jesus is the physical manifestation of God. "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit and these three are one" 1 John 5:7. Some will say, "That is not in the original manuscript." If it is not in the original manuscript, how did it get in the Bible? Watch out for scoffers.
There are many here that deny his deity. Yet I feel as strongly as Thomas when he stated,
John 20:28. “And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.”

Not only my God, and Savior but MY LORD!

There are those also who cannot call him my Lord. I know I have asked then to say these words and they dance around and beyond saying this," Jesus is my Lord" !

Testing the spirits, regardless of the many c&p of scriptures!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good Morning Robert, How are you all? Colossians 1:15-18 Christ Is Preeminent In Creation: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Read full chapter

Love, Walter And Debbie

T

Tulipbee

the passage you mentioned, John 8:24, is often understood in the context of Jesus affirming His deity and the necessity of recognizing Him as the "I AM." Here are some key points to consider within a Calvinistic framework:
  1. Identification as "I AM":
    • The phrase "I am" in John 8:24 echoes the divine name revealed to Moses in Exodus 3:14. In claiming to be the "I AM," Jesus is asserting His divinity and eternal nature.
  2. Deity of Christ:
    • Calvinists generally affirm the full deity of Christ. They believe that Jesus, as the second person of the Trinity, is fully God and fully man. The "I AM" statements in the Gospel of John, including John 8:24, contribute to this understanding.
  3. Exclusive Path to Salvation:
    • The statement "if you believe not that I am, you will die in your sins" underscores the exclusivity of faith in Jesus for salvation. Calvinism emphasizes the doctrine of election and the role of faith as a gift from God. Those who reject or fail to recognize Jesus' deity are seen as remaining in their sins.
  4. Faith Alone in Christ Alone:
    • Your emphasis on living by faith alone aligns with Calvinistic principles. Calvinists emphasize salvation by grace through faith and often reject the idea that religious rituals or organizational affiliations contribute to one's salvation.
  5. Renunciation of Religion for Faith:
    • Your personal experience of renouncing religion in favor of trusting in Christ alone resonates with Calvinistic theology. Calvinists emphasize a personal, living faith in Christ as the foundation of salvation.
In summary, within a Calvinistic framework, John 8:24 reinforces the deity of Christ and underscores the necessity of recognizing Him as the "I AM" for salvation. Living by faith alone in Christ alone is central to Calvinistic theology, emphasizing a personal relationship with Jesus as the exclusive means of salvation.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have to be a Calvinist to believe Jesus is who He says He is, that He is God.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word which as you said correctly IS JESUS .
how come when you typed Holy Spirit you did not put JESUS .
WHO do you think the comforter is . WHY do we think in places paul would write spirit of GOD , Spirit of Christ .
THEY REALLY ARE ONE . not to mention , WHEN JESUS was talking to the desciples
WHAT DID HE say concering the SPIRIT , the COMFORTER that was to come to them .
The very SPIRIT that was , according to HIS OWN WORDS , Was with them and will BE IN THEM .
AND that HE said He would send , The FATHER would send
That HE , HE AS IN JESUS , would not leave the alone , BUT I WILL , TAKE NOTE , I WILL, I WILL
COME UNTO YOU . But how wil you manifest yourself unto us , asked the desciples .
YEAH . THE SPIRIT OF GOD IS GOD , ITS HIS OWN ESSENCE , HIS OWN SPIRIT .
AND HOW DID GOD CREATE . HE SPOKE . HIS WORDS . HIS SPIRIT issued forth of HIM IN HIS WORDS .
AINT that just beatiful . FOLKS better watch out when they deny the DIETY of CHRIST . as i am sure you would agree .
BUT FOLKS also better watch out for the million man fold of decievers and deceptoins that not only have entered into churches
BUT cometh also FROM THE LEADERS . A FALSE LOVE HAS COME IN TO DESTROY from within .
AND that false love , a number so high WITHIN CHRISTENDOM to number , IS UNDER ITS INFLUENCE already to some degree .
And FOLKS KEEP looking for a coming STRONG DELUSOIN . ITS HERE . ITS HERE . WEEP ANDCRY ROBERT
ITS HERE and MOST EVERYONE IS UNDER IT TO SOME DEGREE and it will ONLY , ONLY GET WORSE . DAMNATION and PERDTION
comes FOR ALL IN ITS WEB . AND MANY ARE IN ITS WEB OF FALSE LOVE , UNITY COMMON GROUND BRIDGE BUILDERS
COMMUNITY BUILDERS ALPHA COURSE CRAP . ITS BREAKING DOWN WALLS , ITS , MAN icant even name all the names
and COURSES it has used to grab ahold of all NOT IN the lambs book of life . BIBLE UP FOLKS before its TOO LATE FOREVER .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Creation is evident that God is real. The big bang theory is an atheist fairy tale.
You can believe or not believe the big bang theory but I don't know if it's fair to call it an atheist fairy tale. It was proposed by a priest and at the time was rejected by most scientists for being too religious since it implied the universe had a beginning and was created out of nothing, and therefore implies it has a Creator. If anything it's evidence for God, not against Him, and its perfectly compatible with Creation, as explains how Creation could have happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy Kluth

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claimants of the word of truth, written by the Holy Spirit of God are easily seen in the lack of faith, belief, and trust they put forth in his word !

I'm sorry but I would hate to not have the assurance of his truth and his Spirit to lead me as I prepare here for heaven yonder!

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claimants of the word of truth, written by the Holy Spirit of God are easily seen in the lack of faith, belief, and trust they put forth in his word !

I'm sorry but I would hate to not have the assurance of his truth and his Spirit to lead me as I prepare here for heaven yonder!
Many can claim by lips to believe on JESUS CHRIST and yet THEY BELIEVE NOT HIS WORDS .
Which means they believe in and trust in , hope in , another jesus created of men to suit their own carnal desires .
AND THAT AINT JESUS CHRIST . We do have many problems within the very house that calleth itself Christendom
The lambs will heed no such folks . The sheep heed the KING JESUS and IN the BIBLE they gonnna stay planted .

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Morning Robert, How are you all? Colossians 1:15-18 Christ Is Preeminent In Creation: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Read full chapter

Love, Walter And Debbie
Amen. God is invisible and Jesus is not invisible.

• Love
Reactions: WalterandDebbie