Who is Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The problem with this is that some people have indeed studied the Bible with the wrong spirit [not the Holy Spirit] and came up with very different results from probably most members of this forum.

But even those who are Bible readers and students and proclaim earnestly their belief in Jesus are like apostle Paul here when he includes himself in that "we":

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12
seems to me that we warp the def of "worship" out of all proportion, "worship" is now something we do for an hour on Sunday right, even though we have absolutely no examples of this in Scripture that i am aware of at least, and then we go on to direct that worship at Jesus, Who hid from them, right, although most churched ppl may not even get the ref, dunno. I would say that it was veiled but its really not; just seems like most ppl never read it?

who tries to emulate that which they have just got up off their knees giving obeisance to? No one, thats who, as it would be taken as sacrilege, right, and one might even get stoned for it, and btw i guess we even have a passage for this too, that agrees with greater things will you do in My Name, basically when Jesus is asking what works they are condemning Him for, forget when though

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
seems to me that we warp the def of "worship" out of all proportion, "worship" is now something we do for an hour on Sunday right, even though we have absolutely no examples of this in Scripture that i am aware of at least, and then we go on to direct that worship at Jesus, Who hid from them, right, although most churched ppl may not even get the ref, dunno. I would say that it was veiled but its really not; just seems like most ppl never read it?
Real worship must and should come from within, from the heart... but what do we have in our hearts?

Jesus quoted this verse:

"Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:" Isa 29:13 [see Matt 15:7-9]

What we have in our hearts while in the flesh will correspond to what Isaiah was saying and what we, [the old man of us], eat is...

"The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh" Ecc 4:5

versus... what God has provided:

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." John 6:53-56

Eating one's own flesh will not cut it. The result is the same result seen in every man following himself or some other carnal man instead of the One and only Holy God.

"Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:" Matt 15:17-19

People have their own ideas of how to eat the flesh of Jesus and to drink his blood according to the letter of the Bible, but even if they do it right for a few moments now but during the much longer interval between those moments they eat their own flesh, what kind of "worship" should we expect to see?

who tries to emulate that which they have just got up off their knees giving obeisance to? No one, thats who, as it would be taken as sacrilege, right, and one might even get stoned for it, and btw i guess we even have a passage for this too, that agrees with greater things will you do in My Name, basically when Jesus is asking what works they are condemning Him for, forget when though

No one will ever do those promised "greater works" [John 14:12] while he is devoting more time and effort to eating football games, or TV shows, or having 'fun' than he does to eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Jesus. If anyone believes I am talking about a little cracker or wafer and a sip of fermented [or not] grape juice they need to dig in deeper with God to get a revelation. More personal time surrendered to God is where drinking the blood really comes into it.

If we never do the promised "greater works" what should we expect from God? Remember the man who buried his singles talent in the ground? Would we not end up as fence riders ultimately spit out of the mouth of God?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We like to think the Jesus we are taught is at least pretty close, but what if its not?

What if "Jesus (=Joshua, the most common name in the world then apparently) of Nazareth (can anything good come from Nazareth?)" means something completely different from what they told us?
Who do you say Jesus is?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Who do you say Jesus is?
i couldnt say tbh, but the impression im getting is one with basically Two Middle Fingers turned all the way up at The Man--as we are one, who all collectively more or less kvetch about our overlords?-- I think Jesus--the most common name in the known world then--of Nazareth--which was apparently not even populated in the first century, although it apparently was before and after--might be rabbi-speak for "John Doe, from Nowhere," or iow "you" maybe, the exact opposite of what we basically think/feel about each other?

I said "you are elohim"
even greater things will you do

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i couldnt say tbh, but the impression im getting is One with basically Two Middle Fingers turned all the way up at The Man--as we are one, who all collectively more or less kvetch about our overlords?-- I think Jesus--the most common name in the known world then--of Nazareth--which was apparently not even populated in the first century, although it apparently was before and after--might be rabbi-speak for "John Doe, from Nowhere," or iow "you" maybe, the exact opposite of what we basically think/feel about each other?

I said "you are elohim"
even greater things will you do
OK, that's pretty much what I've thought you believed, I'm glad for the confirmation.

I used to think that way too.

Reactions: 101G

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
OK, that's pretty much what I've thought you believed, I'm glad for the confirmation.

I used to think that way too.
interesting, never met another declared "believer" who held the pov myself
so, youre saying you became a believer in a literal afterlife in heaven after first rejecting a more practical (and imo believable) Christ?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i know you cannot Quote that bro, without doubt or question either, but i am not interested in a pointless pissing match, ok; i am mostly interested in why you cannot Quote that
Bible Search: Jesus died for our sins

so again, no offense ok, but a lotta ppl say they know a lotta stuff, any chance we could discuss what you dont know? Btw dunning-krueger, remember?

We're all enamored of these "indisputable facts," huh, that really do not exist at all, except in our minds. I submit that you know no such thing, and are merely scared "God" is going to zap you or something?
How can one love someone they are afraid of, why is it you think that I cannot know this thing. I still havnt figured out why you are here, like a blade of grass tossed too and fro by the wind. Mid you all the bs posted on these forum does not do much for glorifying God or Christ. Whether christians believe it or not, there are some who are actually friends of Christ.

And this aint no pissing match, you piss into the wind you see what happens.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
interesting, never met another declared "believer" who held the pov myself
so, youre saying you became a believer in a literal afterlife in heaven after first rejecting a more practical (and imo believable) Christ?

Well, I think the the more practical Christ turns out to be less practical.

In my previous POV, our life was our own, and Christ was me and you, and Christ dies when I open my eyes and see I'm naked, coming into this world (who said you were naked . . . I told myself), and Christ raises again when I reject all that, and do what I want, and life doesn't begin and end when we think it does.

So . . . do I understand you? Or have I got it all wrong?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
why is it you think that I cannot know this thing.
why is it you cannot Quote it then
i say it is bc Jesus did not die for our sins in the manner we are taught, as why have You forsaken Me and others even affirm, and bc believing that Yah needed a sacrifice when the Scriptures plainly do not attest to this--I desire mercy, not sacrifice, for it was Caiaphas who said that it would be better that one die for all--is not Christianity, really, even if that impression might be given to those who need it.

No, Jesus is not our get out of jail free card, and no, one should not be worshipping Jesus, who hid from the Two Greeks who came to do that (through phillip btw, quite telling itself imo)
even greater things shall you do in My Name
i mean pls
"meet john doe"

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In my previous POV, our life was our own, and Christ was me and you
ah no not me anyway: I said "you are elohim," diff concept i think
not me
but the rest of that doesnt sound like a bad summary to me? Except the end maybe, dont get that part; "life doesnt begin and end when we think it does?"

although we do do just about all we can to avoid the moment i guess

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I desire mercy

Just an opinion...mercy is a sacrifice. Could ask any who refuse to give it but instead I would rather bite my tongue off ...or what is the saying “cut the nose off to spite the face”. Again, just an opinion. Ephesians 4:31-32 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: [32] And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

“The phrase is known to have been used in the 12th century. It may be associated with the numerous legends of pious women disfiguring themselves in order to protect their virginity” that’s weird.

Reactions: bbyrd009

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word tells us who and what Jesus IS 500 years before Jesus came to earth.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a ""son"" is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, ""The mighty God"", ""everlasting Father,"" ""The Prince of Peace.""
The One True Almighty God IS Father, Son, and Holy Spirit= the One True Almighty God.
Jesus IS God!
Learn who Jesus was, IS and for all eternity IS====Jesus IS==Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Just an opinion...mercy is a sacrifice
yeh, can be, but im not sure in that context, where the two at least seem to be contrasted, rather than compared? But i def agree that they can be synonymous, yes
Could ask any who refuse to give it but instead I would rather bite my tongue off ...or what is the saying “cut the nose off to spite the face”. Again, just an opinion.
there is no "ask for forgiveness" in Scripture!
weird huh

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus IS God who allowed Himself to be born human and give His blood and life as payment for our sins!!
Scripture to help you understand who Jesus is?? Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" John 8:58

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'" exodus 3:14
God the Father says to Jesus==But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
10 And: “You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
Hebrews 1:8-10

Many scriptures say Jesus IS God!!!

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 10:30 - I and [my] Father are one.

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
why is it you cannot Quote it then
i say it is bc Jesus did not die for our sins in the manner we are taught, as why have You forsaken Me and others even affirm, and bc believing that Yah needed a sacrifice when the Scriptures plainly do not attest to this--I desire mercy, not sacrifice, for it was Caiaphas who said that it would be better that one die for all--is not Christianity, really, even if that impression might be given to those who need it.

No, Jesus is not our get out of jail free card, and no, one should not be worshipping Jesus, who hid from the Two Greeks who came to do that (through phillip btw, quite telling itself imo)
even greater things shall you do in My Name
i mean pls
"meet john doe"
Wha twould you like me to quote,

men are ignorant, arrogant, stubborn, selfish, prideful and most of all just plain foolish. You have being handed a free pass, and you like so many have rejected it, thats fine you wont be alone, there are many on this forum and many other so called christians will be there right beside you, than you can ask them to please explain. Everyone want scripture so few desire Christ the living word,