Who is John talking about.........

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It could be....but the buying and selling indicates it has to be accessible for scanning and such or whatever system is in place at that time....just my opinion though....
you know if you sell something to me or buy something from me second hand we are supposed to report it and pay sales tax on it right

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But isn't it weird that the people of Israel are gathering all the material needed to rebuild that temple?

Update on the Building of the Third Temple | Jewish Voice Ministries International

here is a portion of what is in this article.....

Are we any closer to the rebuilding of the Temple today? The world is radically opposed to Israel’s claims in Jerusalem, much less their contested ownership of the Temple Mount. On a practical level, Jews are banned by Israeli law from praying at the site, and those who visit are daily accosted by Muslims, such as the Women in Black, who maintain a constant vigil on Jewish presence at the site. In addition, the Islamic authorities officially deny that a Temple ever existed at the site. Nevertheless, recent developments have contributed to the Temple Movement’s goals and the realization of the rebuilding of the Temple in our lifetime.

The Sanhedrin and the Temple Movement also hold reenactments of Temple ceremonies for the training of those who are from the priestly class known as Kohanim. This training involves special schooling on the duties of the priests, the use of ritual vessels created for use in the Third Temple, and practice on a newly constructed altar of burnt offering. This altar is unique because it was designed to be disassembled and quickly reassembled in its proper permanent location, because the people of Israel are required to build an altar exclusively on the site of the original altar on Mount Moriah, the Temple Mount. When the time is right, it will be re-assembled on the Mount in the Temple, enabling the sacrificial service to be resumed without delay.While the Temple Movement continues to prepare for the rebuilding of the Temple, most understand that some political action must take place to reverse the present situation of control of the Mount by Muslims, in order to allow for Jewish access. This currently may be in process. Concerning the site, Israel’s Supreme Court has stated in its ruling Opinion on the Issue of the Works on the Temple Mount, “The reality on the Temple Mount…is by no means simple. It is extremely delicate and complicated…This is one of those cases in which a judicial ruling is not the reasonable way to decide the dispute, and a decision of this kind goes beyond the boundaries of the law. It is the political echelon, and not the court…that must give content and meaning to the historical call: ‘The Temple Mount is ours’.” In other words, this must be a political, not legal, action. Those who understand Daniel’s prophecy of the seventieth week (Daniel 9:27) know that it is a future political leader, the Antichrist of Revelation 13, who will one day make a deceptive covenant with the Jewish leaders, leading to the rebuilding of the Third Temple.

It is exciting to see these developments unfold in the Land of Israel regarding the building of a Third Temple as we eagerly watch for the second coming of our Messiah!

So whether you believe it is literal or spiritual is of no concern to those in Jerusalem who are determined to rebuild it.
Thank you H2S, extremely interesting! By the way, my position has always been literal, the only question that was in my mind was when the forecast was to take place? That is, whether it has transpired or not. But, as I think about it further, it couldn't have possibly occurred already (i was thinking Antiochus Epiphanes), as it had to be later than the Gospels or 2 THess were written.
I would have to say extremely literal and futuristic.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
contemplate the second coming as being when one comes to a realization, and not Jesus literally Returning, maybe esp being as how that cannot be Quoted
Return to Me and I will return to you
x2 is all ya get
so then see all this divining possible tomorrows--and being as invariably as wrong as anyone who prophecies a certain date for destruction--is, well "divorced" is the best word comes to mind from what might happen today, Understand I AM, emphatic iow, even though it comes from the best of motives, surely.
Give no thought for the morrow
imo
No, I believe that the Temple is literal, and will be rebuilt, and the anti-christ will take possession of it and claim to be God within it.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My apology, it is just that @bbyrd009 was responding to your post and I paired the two of you on the fear factor.....not sure how all this even became a topic on this thread...((shrug))

because the spirit of fear unto bondage has a lot to do with it. Every one quotes the verses on overcoming. Overcoming what?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While God gathers lively stones built up a spiritual house. still ignoring what Stephen cried out that got him stoned.
Yes....you miss my point....the Jews will come to know the truth when Jesus appears to them....as for now they are bound by Jewish laws and teachings.

Reactions: 101G

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No, I believe that the Temple is literal, and will be rebuilt, and the anti-christ will take possession of it and claim to be God within it.
and now see how that is in a sense what you have just done, if you will

i mean dont get me wrong as a belief it is fine
but it has become an absolute truth now see

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you H2S, extremely interesting! By the way, my position has always been literal, the only question that was in my mind was when the forecast was to take place? That is, whether it has transpired or not. But, as I think about it further, it couldn't have possibly occurred already (i was thinking Antiochus Epiphanes), as it had to be later than the Gospels or 2 THess were written.
I would have to say extremely literal and futuristic.
I can't say I ever considered it much until this past year...and yes...it is a literal rebuilding of the temple.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this doesnt strike you as a fear about tomorrow?
No....why does it strike you as such. I am rejoicing because His return is soon and I am exceedingly anticipating to be marching beside Him in battle against Satan and His army!.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No....why does it strike you as such. I am rejoicing because His return is soon and I am exceedingly anticipating to be marching beside Him in battle against Satan and His army!.
cant wait to go to war huh
ok
member you cant Quote Jesus "returning" anywhere k
why does it strike me as narf ok pls
ask anyone

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading some of this, I am reminded of part of St. Athanasius' work:

I am not denying, of course, the Biblical teaching that God's people will someday meet the Lord in the air, at His return (1 Thess.4:17); but the modern doctrine of the "Rapture" is too often a doctrine of flight from the world, in which Christians are taught to long for escape from the world and its problems, rather than for what God's Word promises us: Dominion. How common it is to hear Christians say, when confronted with a problem: "I sure hope the Rapture comes soon!" — rather than: "Let's get to work on the solution right now!" Even worse is the response that is also too common: "Who cares? We don't have to do anything about it, because the Rapture is coming soon anyway!" And worst of all is the attitude held by some that all work to make this a better world is absolutely wrong, because "improving the situation will only delay the Second Coming!" A good deal of modern Rapturism should be recognized for what it really is: a dangerous error that is teaching God's people to expect defeat instead of victory.

Indeed, a very common evangelical worldview is that "the earth is the devil's, and the fulness thereof" — that the world belongs to Satan, and that Christians can expect only defeat until the Lord returns. And that is exactly the lie that Satan wants Christians to believe. If God's people think the devil is winning, it makes his job just that much easier. What would he do if Christians stopped retreating and started advancing against him? James 4:7 tells us what he would do: he would flee from us! So why isn't the devil fleeing from us in this age? Why are Christians at the mercy of Satan and his servants? Why aren't Christians conquering kingdoms with the Gospel, as they did in times past? Because Christians are not resisting the devil! Worse yet, they're being told by their pastors and leaders not to resist, but to retreat instead! Christian leaders have turned James 4:7 inside out, and are really giving aid and comfort to the enemy — because they are, in effect, saying to the devil: "Resist the Church, and we will flee from you!" And Satan is taking them at their word. So then, when Christians see themselves losing on every front, they take it as "proof" that God has not promised to give dominion to His people. But the only thing it proves is that James 4:7 is true, after all, including its "flip side" — that is, if you don't resist the devil, he won't flee from you.

What we must remember is that God doesn't "rapture" Christians out of the world in order to escape conflict — He "raptures" non-Christians! The Lord Jesus prayed, in fact, that we would not be "raptured": "My prayer is not that You take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one" (John 17:15). And this is the constant message of Scripture. God's people will inherit all things, and the ungodly will be disinherited and driven out of the land. "For the upright will live in the land, and the blameless will remain in it; but the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the treacherous will be uprooted from it" (Prov. 2:21-22). "The righteous will never be uprooted, but the wicked will not remain in the land" (Prov. 10:30). God described the land of Canaan as having been "defiled" by the abominable sins of its heathen population, saying that the land itself "vomited out its inhabitants"; and He warned His people not to imitate those heathen abominations, "so that the land may not vomit you out also" (Lev. 18:24-28; 20:22). Using the same Edenic language, the Lord warns the church of Laodicea against sin, and threatens: "I will vomit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:16). In His parable of the wheat (the godly) and the tares (the ungodly) — and note the Edenic imagery even in His choice of illustrations — Christ declares that He will gather first the tares for destruction; the wheat is "raptured" later (Matt. 13:30).

"The wealth of the sinner is stored up for the just" (Prov. 13:22). That is the basic pattern of history as God saves His people and gives them dominion. This is what God did with Israel: in saving them, He brought them into already-settled lands, and they inherited cities that had already been built (Ps. 105:43-45). God does bless the heathen, in a sense — just so they can work out their own damnation, in the meantime building up an inheritance for the godly (cf. Gen. 15:16; Ex. 4:21; Josh. 11:19-20). Then God smashes them and gives the fruit of their labor to His people. This is why we need not fret over evildoers, for we shall inherit the earth (Ps. 37). The Hebrew word for salvation is yasha, meaning to bring into a large, wide, open space — and in salvation God does just that: He gives us the world, and turns it into the Garden of Eden.

St. A's part….…...
"He it is Who won victory from His daemon foes and trophies from the idolaters even before His bodily appearing — namely, all the heathen who from every region have abjured the tradition of their fathers and the false worship of idols and are now placing their hope in Christ and transferring their allegiance to Him. The thing is happening before our very eyes, here in Egypt; and thereby another prophecy is fulfilled, for at no other time have the Egyptians ceased from their false worship save when the Lord of all, riding as on a cloud, came down here in the body and brought the error of idols to nothing and won over everybody to Himself and through Himself to the Father. He it is Who was crucified with the sun and moon as witnesses; and by His death salvation has come to all men, and all creation has been redeemed."
St. Athanasius, On the Incarnation —
Born: 296 AD, Alexandria, Egypt
Died: May 2, 373 AD, Alexandria,

Last edited:
Reactions: historyb

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 63:1-5 KJV
[1] Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. [2] Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat? [3] I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. [4] For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come. [5] And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

I get the impression He’ll be riding solo.
Tecarta Bible

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 63:1-5 KJV
[1] Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. [2] Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat? [3] I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. [4] For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come. [5] And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

I get the impression He’ll be riding solo.
Tecarta Bible
Well you might read in Revelation....the saints will be gathered together in battle with the Lord.