Who is John talking about.........

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you might read in Revelation....the saints will be gathered together in battle with the Lord.
And the shame is (or... SHOULD be) that many Christians are just itching to get a sword in their hands to slaughter other human beings they hope to one day get even with. They forget Jesus did not call 10 thousand legions of angels.... though it was a choice He had.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What we must remember is that God doesn't "rapture" Christians out of the world in order to escape conflict — He "raptures" non-Christians! The Lord Jesus prayed, in fact, that we would not be "raptured": "My prayer is not that You take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one" (John 17:15). And this is the constant message of Scripture. God's people will inherit all things, and the ungodly will be disinherited and driven out of the land. "For the upright will live in the land, and the blameless will remain in it; but the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the treacherous will be uprooted from it" (Prov. 2:21-22). "The righteous will never be uprooted, but the wicked will not remain in the land" (Prov. 10:30).

God described the land of Canaan as having been "defiled" by the abominable sins of its heathen population, saying that the land itself "vomited out its inhabitants"; and He warned His people not to imitate those heathen abominations, "so that the land may not vomit you out also" (Lev. 18:24-28; 20:22). Using the same Edenic language, the Lord warns the church of Laodicea against sin, and threatens: "I will vomit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:16). In His parable of the wheat (the godly) and the tares (the ungodly) — and note the Edenic imagery even in His choice of illustrations — Christ declares that He will gather first the tares for destruction; the wheat is "raptured" later (Matt. 13:30).

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and now see how that is in a sense what you have just done, if you will

i mean dont get me wrong as a belief it is fine
but it has become an absolute truth now see
Byrd, no offense please, but what language are you speaking? Is English your 2nd language, are you speaking an Island patois?
I cannot understand a complete sentence of yours?
So sorry, I'm a simpleton and only know 1 language, many people know more than one. That may be you?
But, I can't understand you?
Sorry, but why is that?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can't say I ever considered it much until this past year...and yes...it is a literal rebuilding of the temple.
Yes, likewise, this is the first time that I'm really considering eschatological issues to such a detailed extent.
Thanks again!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Byrd, no offense please, but what language are you speaking? Is English your 2nd language, are you speaking an Island patois?
So sorry, I'm a simpleton and only know 1 language, many people know more than one. That may be you?
But, I can't understand you?
Sorry, but why is that?
I like Byrd, but I have also said the same thing to him before.

Reactions: DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What we must remember is that God doesn't "rapture" Christians out of the world in order to escape conflict — He "raptures" non-Christians! The Lord Jesus prayed, in fact, that we would not be "raptured": "My prayer is not that You take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one" (John 17:15). And this is the constant message of Scripture. God's people will inherit all things, and the ungodly will be disinherited and driven out of the land. "For the upright will live in the land, and the blameless will remain in it; but the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the treacherous will be uprooted from it" (Prov. 2:21-22). "The righteous will never be uprooted, but the wicked will not remain in the land" (Prov. 10:30).

God described the land of Canaan as having been "defiled" by the abominable sins of its heathen population, saying that the land itself "vomited out its inhabitants"; and He warned His people not to imitate those heathen abominations, "so that the land may not vomit you out also" (Lev. 18:24-28; 20:22). Using the same Edenic language, the Lord warns the church of Laodicea against sin, and threatens: "I will vomit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:16). In His parable of the wheat (the godly) and the tares (the ungodly) — and note the Edenic imagery even in His choice of illustrations — Christ declares that He will gather first the tares for destruction; the wheat is "raptured" later (Matt. 13:30).
Hello Willie T, I understand your point about resisting the devil, for in essence, like every depraved being, the devil is a coward and a fool. So yes, chasing him or intimidating him, is rather easy as long as one's character is defined and strengthened by the Word of God. And that a righteous man who fears evil, is like a dried up well (Proverbs 25:26). So never back-down to wickedness, as he who is in you, is stronger than he that is in this world (1 John 4:4).
But, what is the goal as far as this world is concerned? I'm expecting that all will be destroyed and a new Jerusalem will be the abode for the saved. In other words, this world is currently under a curse, and can not remain forever as such.

Genesis 3:17-19
3:17. Then to Adam He said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'; Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life. 18. "Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you; And you will eat the plants of the field; 19. By the sweat of your face You will eat bread, Till you return to the ground, Because from it you were taken; For you are dust, And to dust you shall return."
Romans 8:19-22
8:19. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21. that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Jews will come to know the truth when Jesus appears to them

what happens when the vail is removed? 2 Corinthians 3:14-16 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. [15] But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. [16] Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

one it is speaking of reading and not knowing Him. Acts 13:27 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.

maybe I’m confused but the context there is the same for any when the vail is removed and Christ is revealed. What happened for you when the vail was removed? Why then make it a literal event. “they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day” ...how is that possible? To read the verses and quote them and memorize them ...and yet still “they knew him not”.

as for now they are bound by Jewish laws and teachings.

agree. Here the discussion and focus is the future temple the Jews are gathering material to build...while the temple God laid the foundation of is ...I don’t know, what is the temple with “For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”?? what is the foundation of the future temple?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha
and now see how that is in a sense what you have just done, if you will

i mean dont get me wrong as a belief it is fine
but it has become an absolute truth now see
in declaring an absolute truth as though it were true when it cant be conclusively Quoted you have raised a temple and declared yourself God, perhaps

Reactions: Waiting on him

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ya its me not you, sorry about that. i wouldnt pay much attn to it
No worries brother, I enjoy the give & take but, I'm old school, so a lot of the lingo I don't get, i had to look up imo, and then got too lazy to look up the rest.
Fine by me either way Byrd, keep commenting and I'll try to hip-up...
Thanks!

Reactions: Willie T

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ha

in declaring an absolute truth as though it were true when it cant be conclusively Quoted you have raised a temple and declared yourself God, perhaps
Well, you're right, I do not have an explicit verse that a 4th temple will be built (Solomon's, Zerubbubel's, Herod's). But, i have an explicit passage that, in the future, there will be an entity blaspheming in the Temple of God. And that, because the verse that states this was didactic and explicit in context, i do not give the passage a metaphorical or figurative sense.
I mean, whether by the will of God or not, you must admit that there is a large demograph that has this hope i.e. current day Jews, Zionists, certain schools of Christianity, etc. Thus, the impetus is there.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No worries brother, I enjoy the give & take but, I'm old school, so a lot of the lingo I don't get, i had to look up imo, and then got too lazy to look up the rest.
Fine by me either way Byrd, keep commenting and I'll try to hip-up...
Thanks!
ah no i was seria...serious

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well, you're right, I do not have an explicit verse that a 4th temple will be built (Solomon's, Zerubbubel's, Herod's). But, i have an explicit passage that, in the future, there will be one blaspheming in the Temple of God. And that, because the verse that states this was didactic and explicit, i do not give the passage a metaphorical or figurative sense.
I mean, whether by the will of God or not, you must admit that there is a large demograph that has this hope i.e. current day Jews, Zionists, certain schools of Christianity, etc. Thus, the impetus is there.
"when you find yourself agreeing with the herd," etcetc

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you're right, I do not have an explicit verse that a 4th temple will be built (Solomon's, Zerubbubel's, Herod's). But, i have an explicit passage that, in the future, there will be an entity blaspheming in the Temple of God. And that, because the verse that states this was didactic and explicit in context, i do not give the passage a metaphorical or figurative sense.
Lol you are the temple of God

Reactions: Giuliano

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"when you find yourself agreeing with the herd," etcetc
Well, I'm not a lemming, for i did gave a practical & reasonable argument to justify the realization of it?
Or, you disagree, ...i thought that you 'liked' my explanation?

Reactions: bbyrd009

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so you say, but that does not make it true ok; we virtually all toe the financial line, everyone here uses dollars, cant get hired without proper adherence to the laws we are so completely under, and etc.

so i mean keep looking for a literal mark if you like, but wadr you are prolly kidding yourself ok
Thankyou for your opinion.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you would be incorrect there, though now its been some time since I've read it there were times in the days revelations was written where one would have to have a mark within roman culture to do business and such and the mark would be an acknowledgment of the emperor as a god. emperors would set their own images in temples and such to be worshiped as gods. there is one emperor that is documented for this I don't remember who. its also my understanding that the wives of such were called divas. hence the origin of the word.

you must take into consideration that back in the day one's whole world wasn't much more than maybe the country one lived in for most people, and Rome engulfed many countries. also when reading things like scripture prophecy one should understand its written by Jews to the Jews or at least from the prospective of Israelites and Jerusalem. as in the view from Jerusalem Israelite to the world.

as far as tech. goes everyone will see Jesus come as He promised, probably on their cell phones. have you noticed when news shows housing in some of the most poorest countries you see satellite antennas everywhere. Jesu is supposed to return to the Mt of Olives as told to the disciples that stood there when He ascended, and told by prophets in the OT the description of the Mt of Olives will become a valley hence darkening the sun and the moon from the dirt in the air, which by the description of some OT prophets fits the start of a nuclear retaliation. which would leave the world as described by the same. also known as the day of the Lord.

the Almighty doesn't have to destroy man to destroy man, He just has to let man execute their own judgment, which death.
Interesting.