Who Is Matt 28:19 - 20 Written To ??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
TexUs said:
[/font]
Absolutely nothing about two foundations.

Hi TexUs and as I pointed out last time 1 Peter 2:6 , means a CHIEF corner stone of a foundation and this is A PROPHECY taken from Isa 28:16 and it is a foundation for the Jews only , dan p

Vengle53

Aug 11, 2010
Ohio
Hi TexUs and as I pointed out last time 1 Peter 2:6 , means a CHIEF corner stone of a foundation and this is A PROPHECY taken from Isa 28:16 and it is a foundation for the Jews only , dan p

Psalms 118:22 "The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner."

Who were those builders? And what did he do as a result of their refusal?

Reactions: TexUs

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Psalms 118:22 "The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner."

Who were those builders? And what did he do as a result of their refusal?

Thanks for your post, exactly what I was going to post. Amazing what reading something in context does, doesn't it?

Vengle53

Aug 11, 2010
Ohio

Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010
Jesus said,

Matt.4
[4] But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

And Paul said,

2 Tim.3
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Rom.3
[29] Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
[30] Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Rom.10
[12] For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

The bible, God's word, Gen. to Rev., was made for ALL of mankind!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Finally, some of you are beginning to realize the false doctrine that dan p is on, a later modified version of Dispensationalism.

That vain attempt to divide Christ's Gospel into TWO separate Gospels and two separate foundations, one for Israel and another for Gentiles, began with the Pre-Trib "secret rapture" Dispensationalists.

That should be clear seeing how dan p infers Israelites will remain on earth while Gentiles will be raptured away (which of course that idea is not written anywhere in God's Word).

The way God's Word describes His Salvation Plan through His Son is like a progressive Plan. He declared His Salvation of old first (like with Abraham), and a remnant of Israel remained faithful in that Plan. Then when Christ came His Salvation was taken by believing Israel to the Gentiles, and the faithful from both Israelites and Gentiles became one body in Christ's Church that will be gathered to Jesus when He comes.

But the rebellious, of both Israelites and Gentiles that seek to be 'their own separate' bodies won't be gathered to Christ, for He has provided the "another Jesus" for them because of their wanting to have things 'their way', instead of listening to The LORD in His Word.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
The bible, God's word, Gen. to Rev., was made for ALL of mankind!
So does, "Build an ark" apply to you?
Better start buying some wood and building.

Finally, some of you are beginning to realize the false doctrine that dan p is on, a later modified version of Dispensationalism.
While I agree, this post is not.
Do you disagree that the Great Commission was given to the Apostles only? All I see in your post is a bunch of off topic stuff.

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010
So does, "Build an ark" apply to you?
Better start buying some wood and building.

Really Tex! How old are you again?

"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."

"Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come."

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

Now will you get off of your parents computer and get started on your homework!

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
You proved my point. Not all commands are to us today. Scripture is a learning tool.
Therefore using your original post to say that Scripture was FOR us as support for it being commanded to us, totally fails. What you posted is true: Scripture was given to us.
However it does not support, and your second post admits this, that all commands are for us today.

Therefore, your original post had absolutely NOTHING to do with the original topic. Which was: "Who was the Great Commission given to?"

Now that you realize this, can you provide an opinion on the actual topic at hand?

I find it funny you're calling me a child when you are unable to comprehend the topic at hand.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
....That vain attempt to divide Christ's Gospel into TWO separate Gospels and two separate foundations, one for Israel and another for Gentiles, began with the Pre-Trib "secret rapture" Dispensationalists.

I think you are incorrect by attaching the Dispensations to Pre-Trib "secret rapture" people only. I see the eight Dispensations but I'm totally against any secret rapture.