Who is more dangerous? Islam, or Catholicism?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Did you get this irrational hatred of Catholicism from your false prophet, Ellen White? Of course you did.....
Ya, i was raised on that, too. It was very hard to overcome, i gotta say. I had to like consciously seek the hypocrisy in my own camp, and also consciously seek examples of Christ-consciousness in the other camps.

Not to overstate this next thing, as it was actually quite mundane--Muslims are just ppl, after all--but i went to the West Bank expecting i might be killed, for some warped reason lol. Went to Catholic Charities expecting to be rebuked, etc. expecting, expecting, expecting is what the problem was imo

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Come on sweet brother. I know that you are Catholic , and I honour that.
But @brakelite made it clear that it was the church system , NOT the seeking true believing people within , themselves.
Okay let’s forget your church or mine Ron, are we not against ALL our so called shepherds who put self first....whatever denomination, they are NOT true servants of the Lord. But in each denomination God has the faithful shepherds, and we ‘know them’ and hear them.

I’m sure this post won’t ‘smooth you feathers ‘....but we all , who love God, must be as wise as serpents but as harmless as doves.

.....Helen.
to be fair, the thread title is pretty divisive/exclusive? "I can't possibly be the bad guy?" "Everyone else is the problem?"

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm wondering if I should simply allow you to continue digging yourself into your own pit.
Mmmmm, Nash. I shall be gracious and suggest you do a search of this site under my name and see how "hidden" I am in regards prophecy, before you embarrass yourself completely.

You say a lot of words, but there is NO TRUTH in ANY of them. Be a man, and present and defend your FALSE doctrine in front of someone who KNOWS your lies and deceits and can refute them.

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bobby Jo I never said anything against Catholics. I asked if the statement was prophetic. Maybe you could read a few of my posts, as I am not one that judges people or their beliefs.

Hi Acolyte,

I wasn't accusing you of an anti-Catholic diatribe. I was simply including all the Posters in this Topic in my Posts so that they would see the unjust and untrue assassination which some ignorant/lazy/dishonest people stoop to. :)

Thanks,
Bobby Jo

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on sweet brother. I know that you are Catholic , and I honour that.
But @brakelite made it clear that it was the church system , NOT the seeking true believing people within , themselves.
Okay let’s forget your church or mine Ron, are we not against ALL our so called shepherds who put self first....whatever denomination, they are NOT true servants of the Lord. But in each denomination God has the faithful shepherds, and we ‘know them’ and hear them.

I’m sure this post won’t ‘smooth you feathers ‘....but we all , who love God, must be as wise as serpents but as harmless as doves.

.....Helen.

I understand what you are saying Helen, however.....

Brakelite is SDA. As far as I can tell he has never admitted belonging to the SDA church, yet he preaches SDA doctrine from the shadows. I am honest about being Catholic.

Brakelite criticizes the Catholic Church, as an institution, but he does so through his institution! His ideas about Catholicism are not his own, nor are they original. He is as programmed in his thinking as he claims Catholics are programmed by the Vatican. Irony is dead!

I am just pointing out what I am seeing - nothing personal

Reactions: Helen and Hisman

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya, i was raised on that, too. It was very hard to overcome, i gotta say. I had to like consciously seek the hypocrisy in my own camp, and also consciously seek examples of Christ-consciousness in the other camps. Not to overstate this next thing, as it was actually quite mundane--Muslims are just ppl, after all--but i went to the West Bank expecting i might be killed, for some warped reason lol. Went to Catholic Charities expecting to be rebuked, etc. expecting, expecting, expecting is what the problem was imo

Interesting! Yeah, it is a tough doctrine to haul around. My aunt and uncle fell into SDA for a couple years - went vegetarian and everything. Then, one day my aunt snapped and took everyone to KFC and ate a whole bucket of chicken - they never went back

Reactions: bbyrd009
B

brakelite

And this is the very next thing i saw, ironically. Are you boxing at the air maybe bro?
It's a two way street, and both directions are fraught with difficulties, roadblocks, detours and potholes.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It's my agenda, as it is many others.
i gotta say, Pm--and i truly dislike this being put in the position of defending the RCc ok--that they are exactly as dangerous as Satan is imo; which is to say, not at all. Strange as that might sound. Completely powerless and harmless, like maybe a 5 year old bully to an adult maybe?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

EXACTLY, but @brakelite is too much of a what, -- ?coward? --, to say that he's allowing his FALSE expectations of Revelation to guide his slanders of the Catholic church.

At least YOU'VE finally come forward, -- but YOU can't defend your doctrine, and neither can @brakelite. And so you assail someone/something because you're too ignorant/lazy/dishonest to do the work to find out exactly WHO the prophecies actually apply to.

Unfortunately, you're not unique. There are esteemed translators, scholars, commentators, pastors, & teachers who in their own ignorance/lazyness/dishonesty present a FALSE Scripture and FALSE History to a gullible audience who consumes it in their OWN ignorance. Perhaps we should follow the guidance provided in 1 Cor. 14:26 which says "let the prophets [scholars/pastors/teachers/translators/commentators] speak and let the others judge". But to judge correctly one must delve into the details to divine out the TRUTH. And it's NOT as some might portend.

So now that you've confessed your inherent bias against ONE denomination, -- exactly what reference in the Book of Revelation do you ascribe to the Catholic church, and are you willing to defend your position using the fullness of both Scripture and History, -- or does your "doctrine" supersede TRUTH?!?

Bobby Jo
Bobby Jo, unlike you, I have studied all three main schools of eschatological thought: Jesuit Futurism, Jesuit Preterism, and Protestant Historicism. I marvel at how confident you are that Protestant Historicism can't be supported by Scripture when you know absolutely nothing about it. I'm available to go over it with you, if you like.

Reactions: Keraz and Hisman

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of you can separate yourselves from Catholicism and it is often amusing to watch you try. The Reformers were in a continual pissing contest to prove they were farther away from Catholicism than their rivals - lol. It is like watching chefs trying to create a unique dish, using the same ingredients

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Hisman

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Does she ever make a statement from the Naive Dialectic? One single time?
He who says he knows, does not?
I used to love her, and now i cannot find a single passage not written on tares imo. Weird
what are you thinking of bb?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
what are you thinking of bb?
come again? if you're asking which titles? Been too long, sorry. I just went and reviewed but all those religious-sounding titles just sound the same to me now. Maranatha maybe, tho i thought the Mara i read was by someone else. Yikes even perusing her writings site is scary lol. A regula Spirichal Soldja! FightFightFight!

Guess she never got to that the battle is won part huh
prolly scared of satan too i guess

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Her writings are vast. I have read some of her writings
Yes, she has written a bit and has no hesitation calling out evil. If those who claim the higher ground do not live up to their claim it is mandatory for those who are jealous for righteousness/the rule of God, to call them out.
The insidiousness of hiding behind a pious front and it's destructiveness is beyond measure.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
come again? if you're asking which titles? Been too long, sorry. I just went and reviewed but all those religious-sounding titles just sound the same to me now. Maranatha maybe, tho i thought the Mara i read was by someone else. Yikes even perusing her writings site is scary lol. A regula Spirichal Soldja! FightFightFight!

Guess she never got to that the battle is won part huh
prolly scared of satan too i guess
I was addressing your statement of not finding a passage written on tares. Perhaps you could elaborate?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, she has written a bit and has no hesitation calling out evil. If those who claim the higher ground do not live up to their claim it is mandatory for those who are jealous for righteousness/the rule of God, to call them out.
The insidiousness of hiding behind a pious front and it's destructiveness is beyond measure.

Critics are everywhere. White was not a prophet. She misunderstood Catholic teachings and she maliciously misrepresented the church in order to support her Beast Power narrative.

Here is a short Catholic response to Ellen White

Ellen Gould White’s ‘Original Lie’