Who is more dangerous? Islam, or Catholicism?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non-Denomination is a denomination in itself. Sure wish there was a home Church like, at LEAST 3-4 x weekly but...have searched high and low. Am praying I will be able to fix up my home so it would be "company ready" soon. I will be praying about that. :)

And THAT's what 1 Cor. 14:26 appears to depict. Where each person must meet with GOD, -- BEFORE FELLOWSHIP --, to RECEIVE a song, doctrine, tongue, interpretation, prophecy, to be able to SHARE IN FELLOWSHIP.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@brakelite
@Keraz
@Enoch111
@Acolyte
@Phoneman777
@"ByGrace"
@MetalMike
@quietthinker

... And To All,

To continue the discussion, -- it might be relevant to discover which of the participants in this Topic think that the RCC has a role in the prophecies in the Book of Revelation. It's a FAIR question: Who has a "prophecy based" predisposition AGAINST the Catholic church?

And I might add, -- that premise is a FALSE doctrine, but what else is new?!? :)

Whew, (this is for @Nancy :) )
Bobby Jo

The church of...yes...the seekers within it...no.

ANY church which heaps up riches for itself , rather tha gives it all away , should be condemned as not part of “the true” church on earth.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church of...yes...the seekers within it...no.

ANY church which heaps up riches for itself , rather tha gives it all away , should be condemned as not part of “the true” church on earth.
...especially since they do take a vow of poverty. Or do they not do that anymore? Or perhaps only certain "orders" of their
hierarchy? Hmm.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who is more dangerous? Islam, or Catholicism?

How about , not which one...but BOTH?
it
I think both are 'dangerous' but perhaps in different ways. Islam poses a threat to the Christian way of life in its attempt to take over the world. But Catholicism poses a different spiritual threat as it deceives those who are supposedly Christian and gives them a false sense of security.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...especially since they do take a vow of poverty. Or do they not do that anymore? Or perhaps only certain "orders" of their
hierarchy? Hmm.

I would say that they that you mention are the sincere “little people”...I was speaking more on the ‘world side’ held lands, and billions of $$$ , treasures , and riches.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Western Watchman (A Roman Catholic publication out of St. Louis):

The [Roman Catholic] church has persecuted. Only a tyro [i.e., novice] in church history will deny that…one hundred and fifty years after [Roman Emperor] Constantine, the Donatists were persecuted and sometimes put to death…Protestants were persecuted in France and Spain with the full approval of the [Roman Catholic] church authorities…When she [i.e., the Roman Catholic Church] thinks it good to use physical force, she will use it.”

Protestantism is not a religion...never was a religion. The most that could be said about it was that it was a form of rape and robbery masquerading as a religion.

Have not the popes publicly and repeatedly anathematized the sacred principle of Liberty of Conscience? Have they not boldly said, in the teeth of the nations of Europe, that Liberty of Conscience must be destroyed – killed at any cost? Has not the whole world heard the sentence of death to liberty coming from the lips of the old man of the Vatican?”

Catholic Encyclopedia volume 14 (1911): 767-768:

There is no graver offense than heresy... and therefore it must be rooted out with fire and sword.

David Hunt, A Woman Rides the Beast (Harvest House, 1994): 126:

The Constitution of the United States was condemned by the Papacy because it separated church and state and prohibited the establishment of any religion by the government. The popes, on the other hand, had long required governments to make Roman Catholicism the official religion and to prohibit the practice of any other.

Dr. William P. Grady:

During a sermon in 1850, [Roman Catholic] Archbishop John Hughes of New York, the nation’s leading Vatican spokesman, acknowledged that a conspiracy to subjugate free America did exist after all. The Catholic press was ecstatic. An excerpt from ‘Shepherd of the Valley’, the official journal of the [Roman Catholic] Bishop of St. Louis, declared, ‘If Catholics ever gain a sufficient numerical majority in this country, religious freedom is at an end. So our enemies say, so we believe.’ [Catholic Archbishop] Hughes’ own paper, the ‘New York Freeman’ brazenly announced, ‘No man has a right to choose his religion.’

Bill Hughes, The Secret Terrorists (Truth Triumphant Ministries): 138:

For over 200 years, the goal [of the Jesuits] has been the complete destruction of the United States Constitution…In the religious arena, the goal of the Jesuits is to wipe out any trace of Protestantism and other religions, and to restore worldwide domination by the pope.

Darryl Eberhart, "The Papacy's Hatred of Liberty," Tackling the Tough Topics:

...the Papacy, despite its “ecumenical rhetoric”, has not changed a bit over the many centuries in the following categories:

* Its deep hatred of Jews, all independent Bible-believing Christians, Protestants, and Orthodox Christians (as recently as the 1940s we find Roman Catholic Ustashi military units in Croatia, led and urged on by Franciscan priests, monks, and friars, slaughtering from 600,000 to one million innocent Serb Orthodox Christian men, women, elderly, and children – many of the victims being first brutally tortured);
* Its long-held dream to bring all Christians under its monopolistic, totalitarian, ecclesiastical control;
* Its long-held dream to head up a totalitarian one-world religious organization; and,
* Its long-held dream to bring all world leaders – especially those in “Christian” countries – under the temporal power of the pope.

Charles Chiniquy, a Catholic priest who turned to Protestantism, warns America about these aggressive intentions of the Papacy:

Those bloody and anti-social laws of Rome, after having covered Europe with ruins, tears and blood, for ten centuries, have crossed the oceans to continue their work of slavery and desolation, blood and tears, ignorance and demoralization, on this continent. Under the mask and name of Democracy, they have raised the standard of rebellion of the South against the North, and caused more than a half million of the most heroic sons of America to fall on the fields of carnage.

In a very near future, if God does not miraculously prevent it, those laws of dark deeds and blood will cause the prosperity, the rights, the education, and the liberties of this too confident nation, to be buried under a mountain of smoking and bloody ruins. On the top of that mountain, Rome will raise her throne and plant her victorious banners.

Then she will sing her Te Deums and shout her shouts of joy, as she did, when she heard the lamentations and cries of desolation of the millions of martyrs burning in the five thousand auto-da-fes she had raised in all the capitals and great cities of Europe.v

Did you get this irrational hatred of Catholicism from your false prophet, Ellen White? Of course you did.....

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you get this irrational hatred of Catholicism from your false prophet, Ellen White? Of course you did.....

Come on sweet brother. I know that you are Catholic , and I honour that.
But @brakelite made it clear that it was the church system , NOT the seeking true believing people within , themselves.
Okay let’s forget your church or mine Ron, are we not against ALL our so called shepherds who put self first....whatever denomination, they are NOT true servants of the Lord. But in each denomination God has the faithful shepherds, and we ‘know them’ and hear them.

I’m sure this post won’t ‘smooth you feathers ‘....but we all , who love God, must be as wise as serpents but as harmless as doves.

.....Helen.

B

brakelite

Yes it is, -- and I can ADD to your well presented points. But FACTS and EVIDENCE means very little to people who are content in their ignorance! :)

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo
How can it possibly be irrational? I am quoting Catholic sources which I would presume accurately reflect and depict Catholic policy. Which is Catholicism. Do I hate principles and policies which oppose religious freedom and liberty of conscience? Of course I do, and without apology. Don't you?

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thes. 2:3-4
...man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; [4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Daniel 11:36-37
And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods... [37] Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

This isn't a topic I usually read, let alone comment on. I did a search asking if the son of perdition was here. This came up in the answers. "You know that I am the Holy Father, the representative of God on earth, the Vicar of Christ, which means that I am God on the earth.” – Pope Pius XI April 30,1922

It just so happened this topic came up same day. I can't help it if the pieces fit. :(

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for an answer:

@brakelite
@Keraz
@Enoch111
@Acolyte
@Phoneman777
@"ByGrace"
@MetalMike
@quietthinker

... And To All,

To continue this discussion, -- it might be relevant to discover which of the participants in this Topic think that the RCC has a role in the prophecies in the Book of Revelation. It's a FAIR question: Who has a "prophecy based" predisposition AGAINST the Catholic church?

And I might add, -- that premise is a FALSE doctrine, but what else is new?!? :)

NOBODY has provided any response to such a simple question for such a simple basis.

Yeah, -- does that surprise anyone?
Bobby Jo

B

brakelite

I'm still waiting for an answer:

@brakelite
@Keraz
@Enoch111
@Acolyte
@Phoneman777
@"ByGrace"
@MetalMike
@quietthinker

... And To All,

To continue this discussion, -- it might be relevant to discover which of the participants in this Topic think that the RCC has a role in the prophecies in the Book of Revelation. It's a FAIR question: Who has a "prophecy based" predisposition AGAINST the Catholic church?

NOBODY has provided any response to such a simple question for such a simple basis.

Yeah, -- does that surprise anyone?
Bobby Jo
There are numerous discussions on the board with relation to this. This particular thread is not one of them.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are numerous discussions on the board with relation to this. This particular thread is not one of them.

Yeah it is, -- if you've got nothing to hide. In the interests of full disclosure, tell your audience if you have a hidden agenda driven by your expectations (false, as I would argue) that the RRC is the subject of the references in the Book of Revelation, AND -- whether your attacks on the Catholic church is based upon a Self-Fulfilling-Prophecy, versus objective unbiased analysis.

Yeah, I think we already know the answer: That you're reluctant to come out from behind mommie's apron and show your true colors.

WHEW ( for @Nancy :D ),
Bobby Jo

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah it is, -- if you've got nothing to hide. In the interests of full disclosure, tell your audience if you have a hidden agenda driven by your expectations (false, as I would argue) that the RRC is the subject of the references in the Book of Revelation, AND -- whether your attacks on the Catholic church is based upon a Self-Fulfilling-Prophecy, versus objective unbiased analysis.

Yeah, I think we already know the answer: That you're reluctant to come out from behind mommie's apron and show your true colors.

WHEW ( for @Nancy :D ),
Bobby Jo
Bobby Jo, you have no idea how foolish you are to say he's got a "hidden agenda". Everyone knows that Brakelite's agenda - to warn the Protestant world of who exactly is the Beast so that Christians may know and avoid what is the Beast's Mark, Name, and Number - is anything but hidden. It's my agenda, as it is many others.

Calvinists want me to think God is into exclusivity religion.
Antinomianists want me to wake up and stop trying to "work" my way to heaven.
Jesuit Futurists want me relax about stuff we're not even going to deal with once we're "secretly" raptured.

Papists say "hangin's to good for him. Burnin's too good for him. He should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive." (H. Fist)

Chillax - let's be agreeable in our theological disagreements

Reactions: marks and Acolyte

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

... Brakelite's agenda - to warn the Protestant world of who exactly is the Beast ...

EXACTLY, but @brakelite is too much of a what, -- ?coward? --, to say that he's allowing his FALSE expectations of Revelation to guide his slanders of the Catholic church.

... It's my agenda, as it is many others. ...
At least YOU'VE finally come forward, -- but YOU can't defend your doctrine, and neither can @brakelite. And so you assail someone/something because you're too ignorant/lazy/dishonest to do the work to find out exactly WHO the prophecies actually apply to.

Unfortunately, you're not unique. There are esteemed translators, scholars, commentators, pastors, & teachers who in their own ignorance/lazyness/dishonesty present a FALSE Scripture and FALSE History to a gullible audience who consumes it in their OWN ignorance. Perhaps we should follow the guidance provided in 1 Cor. 14:26 which says "let the prophets [scholars/pastors/teachers/translators/commentators] speak and let the others judge". But to judge correctly one must delve into the details to divine out the TRUTH. And it's NOT as some might portend.

So now that you've confessed your inherent bias against ONE denomination, -- exactly what reference in the Book of Revelation do you ascribe to the Catholic church, and are you willing to defend your position using the fullness of both Scripture and History, -- or does your "doctrine" supersede TRUTH?!?

Bobby Jo

B

brakelite

EXACTLY, but @brakelite is too much of a what, -- ?coward? --, to say that he's allowing his FALSE expectations of Revelation to guide his slanders of the Catholic church.

At least YOU'VE finally come forward, -- but YOU can't defend your doctrine, and neither can @brakelite. And so you assail someone/something because you're too ignorant/lazy/dishonest to do the work to find out exactly WHO the prophecies actually apply to.

Unfortunately, you're not unique. There are esteemed translators, scholars, commentators, pastors, & teachers who in their own ignorance/lazyness/dishonesty present a FALSE Scripture and FALSE History to a gullible audience who consumes it in their OWN ignorance. Perhaps we should follow the guidance provided in 1 Cor. 14:26 which says "let the prophets [scholars/pastors/teachers/translators/commentators] speak and let the others judge". But to judge correctly one must delve into the details to divine out the TRUTH. And it's NOT as some might portend.

So now that you've confessed your inherent bias against ONE denomination, -- exactly what reference in the Book of Revelation do you ascribe to the Catholic church, and are you willing to defend your position using the fullness of both Scripture and History, -- or does your "doctrine" supersede TRUTH?!?

Bobby Jo
I'm wondering if I should simply allow you to continue digging yourself into your own pit.
Mmmmm, Nash. I shall be gracious and suggest you do a search of this site under my name and see how "hidden" I am in regards prophecy, before you embarrass yourself completely.

Reactions: Harvest 1874

Acolyte

Oct 7, 2018
Midwest/usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bobby Jo I never said anything against Catholics. I asked if the statement was prophetic. Maybe you could read a few of my posts, as I am not one that judges people or their beliefs.

Here is the other side in the OP.
“God does not love this world. God never sent Jesus to die for this world. Jesus died because he was 2,000 years too soon to bring about the end of the civilization of the Jews. He never was on a cross, there was no Calvary for that Jesus,” Farrakhan said.

Instead, he said, Jesus’s name would live until the one that came that he was prefigured for.

“The real story is what I tried to tell you from the beginning. It didn’t happen back there. It’s happening right while you’re alive looking at it,” Farrakhan told the audience. “I represent the Messiah. I represent the Jesus and I am that Jesus. If I am not, take my life.”
March 30, 2019.

Another piece of the puzzle? Or just one of many that Jesus told us would come?

Reactions: aspen