Who is Nehushtan? Why isn't Christ Nehushtan? Why hasn't your pastor ever so much as mentioned...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one. has ever. gone up to heaven. but He Who came down from it,
the Son of Man

"no one has ascended up to the heaven, but he that came down from the heaven" John 3:13

. . . and in this case "ascended" is an active voice verb, meaning an action performed by the recipient of the action.

Jesus ascended on His own into heaven, and no one else had done that.

But in this instance, Jesus is not saying that no one has ever been brought into heaven. Or that no one can be brought into heaven at some future time.

Only that no one had done it on their own.

Much love!

@ByGrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
turn into obviously self-serving choices in the definition of "eternal" and going up to the Elysian Fields via Apollos, or heaven via Jesus? Watch life, more abundantly turn into death, more abundantly right before your eyes, see.

This reminds me of Harry Blamires, "Highway to Hell", as his character is filling out an application for a celestial visa, so he can move from Hell into Heaven.

He comes to the place, "Reason for Request". No answer fits. "Because I don't belong here". So you say, the Powers reply. "Because Heaven is better." No, the Powers reply, never do, self-serving. "Because God wants me in Heaven". No, the Powers reply, you can't write that, because He put you here. And on it goes.

Eventually he just walks back to the elevators delivering a steady stream of humanity into the depths of the earth, and takes the next one back up, where he finds his angel asking, What took you so long?

You can always toss back on man what God said of His plan.

Who are you, o man, to presume that God cares anything for you! But God says He does. Who are YOU, o man, to presume any benefit from God? But God blesses us tremendously with benefit, from now into forever. Because I want it that way? No. Because God wants it that way.

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"no one has ascended up to the heaven, but he that came down from the heaven" John 3:13

. . . and in this case "ascended" is an active voice verb, meaning an action performed by the recipient of the action.

But in this instance, Jesus is not saying that no one has ever been brought into heaven. Or that no one can be brought into heaven at some future time.

Only that no one had done it on their own.

Much love!

@ByGrace
ok marks well you and your sons will be here with me regardless i guess, yeh?
see when youre sideways there is always a Scripture not being considered imo.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This reminds me of Harry Blamires, "Highway to Hell", as his character is filling out an application for a celestial visa, so he can move from Hell into Heaven.

He comes to the place, "Reason for Request". No answer fits. "Because I don't belong here". So you say, the Powers reply. "Because Heaven is better." No, the Powers reply, never do, self-serving. "Because God wants me in Heaven". No, the Powers reply, you can't write that, because He put you here. And on it goes.

Eventually he just walks back to the elevators delivering a steady stream of humanity into the depths of the earth, and takes the next one back up, where he finds his angel asking, What took you so long?

You can always toss back on man what God said of His plan.

Who are you, o man, to presume that God cares anything for you! But God says He does. Who are YOU, o man, to presume any benefit from God? But God blesses us tremendously with benefit, from now into forever. Because I want it that way? No. Because God wants it that way.

Much love!
A most excellent and Pious deflection, anything to avoid the Scriptures you hate so much right. Lemme know when youre ready to man up ok, bc really bro I have no objections at all to your believes whatever they may be, that is not the issue here ok.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
then we're done.

A touch too sensitive there, I think.

bb's heart is, from all of my interactions with him, in the right place, so your walking away from him as you have done above, doesn't portray the right look, by what you did above. My sense is that the wrong spirit was what was on display.

Shalom

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A touch too sensitive there, I think.

bb's heart is, from all of my interactions with him, in the right place, so your walking away from him as you have done above, doesn't portray the right look, by what you did above. My sense is that the wrong spirit was what was on display.

Shalom
Because I stopped coming back to the conversation when the fellow persists in naming me a liar, and pious, and deflecting, and hating Scripture?

Are you thinking that there is a conversation to be continued there?

All I can say is, feel free!

But that sort of dialog is not what I'm here for.

I find this altogether far too common. A discussion reaches a point that someone has an issue with the discussion, and, rather than say they are wrong, or they don't know, or even that they believe they are right but can't support it as such, the next step is to become insulting.

Enough is enough.

You can call it "a touch too sensitive", whatever you want. You can try to describe my emotional make-up, and how does that contribute?

I'm here to discuss God, Jesus, the Bible, the faith once delivered to the saints. I'm here to have loving fellowship with the family of God. Not some endless personal defense because others have nothing better to do than sling out disparaging words.

Man! The time spent on this nonsense! So much better spent on the Scriptures!

Much love!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because I stopped coming back to the conversation when the fellow persists in naming me a liar, and pious, and deflecting, and hating Scripture?

Are you thinking that there is a conversation to be continued there?

All I can say is, feel free!

But that sort of dialog is not what I'm here for.

I find this altogether far too common. A discussion reaches a point that someone has an issue with the discussion, and, rather than say they are wrong, or they don't know, or even that they believe they are right but can't support it as such, the next step is to become insulting.

Enough is enough.

You can call it "a touch too sensitive", whatever you want. You can try to describe my emotional make-up, and how does that contribute?

I'm here to discuss God, Jesus, the Bible, the faith once delivered to the saints. I'm here to have loving fellowship with the family of God. Not some endless personal defense because others have nothing better to do than sling out disparaging words.

Man! The time spent on this nonsense! So much better spent on the Scriptures!

Much love!

Sometimes the best response is no response. I should know because even I have a difficulty even doing this, particularly with some members. But I do get to the point where I realise that that was something I should have done three or more posts back, and let God deal with the issues concerned, either in ourselves or the other person. Often it is just the practice of baiting other members and we need the wisdom to see what is the cause of that response.

Shalom

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
then we're done.
look marks we are all children of satan, ok, i know that doesnt make you very comfortable but if Pebble can hear get behind me satan then so should we i think right. Doesnt mean irredeemable, or any worse than me, its just a healthy confession that allows one to keep their step. I do not judge anyone for their beliefs, ok. I do not care if you believe you might go up to heaven after you have died for a second life, or if you believe that Jesus might literally come back and put on the crown He so obviously would never touch with a ten foot pole, or even if you are not sure which like most believers.

So pls dont get too offended, ok, i am just like you, except maybe a little more evil i guess. But i hope you see i am not here trying to teach others some imaginary afterlife that does not exist and cannot be Quoted, and we have a room full of them already as you may have noticed, but see when i Quote the relevant vv no one much likes or will really address and i start getting all kinds of run-around, at least seven diff ways now, i dunno maybe i get a little touchy

look several attempts have been made at this point i guess, at least three, and last time i checked anyway no witnesses really--no one wants to commit any more i guess, afraid of offending someone, not realizing the terminal condition that represents--anyway, why not just pick one and endorse it, or bam address them in your own way, and allow me to quote snips from your other teachings and we can see maybe, something like that

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ha well you and your sons will be here with me regardless huh marks? So see the self-serving understanding you currently have will not stand up bro, he who seeks to save his life will lose it regardless of either of our feelings on the matter, unless you have some way around these? Others have to supposedly go to hell for you to be able to go to heaven too, right? And there is also gonna be a lot more than There is only One Immortal too, with that understanding? Yeh?

And as we might easily see, these are not beliefs, either, but held as absolute truths, that cannot even be questioned, right? They must all be absolutely true, see, or the whole hairball falls into a pile? As you have already demonstrated for us?