Who is Nehushtan? Why isn't Christ Nehushtan? Why hasn't your pastor ever so much as mentioned...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Is this something like what you are looking for....
So what’s so Good about the Good News?
well...whole lotta "this is that, that is this" in there, huh? Bl you know why professors dont get paid anything bro? Why teachers dont make squat? All overpaid too, every last one, cept maybe the reluctant ones. Know why getting ordained is so cheap and easy, brother? Why the profession draws more -paths, psycho or socio, than most any other? Do yourself a favor, ok? Stop eatin from that Tree bro, if ya know whats good for ya. imo. See sdas are marchin right in that same army, yeh? sacks to cracks, lol, maybe they seen through the sun-worship bit but that actually makes them worse somehow instead of better, like i sure expected anyway. But you gotta leave camp anyway, right, which camp dont really matter i guess. If keeping the Sabbath makes you feel superior then i would sure stop keeping the Sabbath, at least until it didnt, brother. i tell ya what. ok, best of luck ok, see ya this fall maybe, insh' 'Allah as they say, ok? I'd say "God willing" there but who says that anymore right

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
None of us know b. Not what we will become. You are right. But we do know that we become something, that this life is not all there is. There is true hope that after the resurrection, and yes, that is promised, life continues in some meaningful and gifted manner in which we can be certain of our happiness. Not because we know scripture or because in our imaginations we have dreamed up some utopian future, but because we know God, that He is love, and we can trust Him with our lives. That whatever He had in store for us, it'll be okay.
see i guess "whatever He had in store for us" = "change your mind, leave the world, become like a little child," and no offense but these really dont have...they havent been really experienced yet, they are just as of now flowersy, pious-sounding phrases that really have no meaning, right? You cant really like recall a personal life event to attach to each one of those? A quick dunk and a Luby's celebration replaces leave the world and change your mind now, yeh, prolly become like a little child too i guess? So see how much do you owe my master makes no sense to us at all, right, its a puzzle and it stays a puzzle, and the commentary on that just makes it worse, not better, least all the ones i read. Ok, first day of the week, yeh, lotta plates spinnin here alla sudden lol, crap, three ppl waitin on me i guess, man, all i gotta do is look down for like one second lol, yikes. bye

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
BTW, the issue of the "abomination of desolation" is to be understood in the same manner of type and anti-type.
Understand this also: John 5:39, and you will have the direct teaching from God Himself, and not the erroneous preconceived "thoughts and ways" of men.
i did like the type-anti type deal, only see if you think Mercury or Apollo or Jesus is ever returning to take you up to heaven when youre dead you are all about the type i guess, yeh? See its pretty easy to go looking and actually see a Son of Man raised up like a Snake on a Pole that died for your sins, huh? Esp if someone else Reads for you, and they never get to that part that says that that cannot ever happen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well Ezra, appearances can be deceiving i guess. I mean got any pieces of brass around your spread need "breaking up?" See so you might maybe find what "bronze" (or brass, for now) symbolizes as far as Scripture is concerned, bc it is in There, plain as day, i guess. There is no "Brass Aga Collapse" so brass might get in the way later, at least if it becomes one of your "beliefs" anyway...ha.

Got any "beliefs," Ezra? Do you think? Bc maybe, but i srsly doubt it brother. Weird huh, to be able to say that and mean it, and no one can demonstrate otherwise? The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible, lol, ol Samuel got that one right on the nose i guess huh? Cant state a single Absolute Truth from Scripture, Which is chock-full of Absolute Truth lol. I cant state one either fwiw, and i try every day, we have a little session on that just about every day, whenever someone brings it up here, cuz theyre still tryin too of course. Goin in two years now i guess
Always, that is repeatedly, back to the "lowest room" and then let Him lift us up if that is His will. [Luke 14:8-11]

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
BTW, the issue of the "abomination of desolation" is to be understood in the same manner of type and anti-type.
Understand this also: John 5:39, and you will have the direct teaching from God Himself, and not the erroneous preconceived "thoughts and ways" of men.
pls stop, ok, just stop? as soon as possible? ok ty

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that was just a Quote bro
no bro, you do not know that, that is the tares talkin i guess ok. Ok bye
But there is a promise for the "we" which are the sons of God. What does it take to become a son of God? Are any of us there yet?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

How good is our vision?

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..." Prov 29:18

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Always, that is repeatedly, back to the "lowest room" and then let Him lift us up if that is His will. [Luke 14:8-11]
word.

funny we have this thing, this abomination we do, called "travel"
we dont use our feet of course, got segueways for that right
cant "travel" without money i guess huh

Reactions: amadeus

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
eb no offense but see i can tell you havent bothered with that Naive deal yet? See how youre all talkin like you know something? And i hate for you to take this wrong bro i love you ok but you just sound like a silly kid to me, doin that. And i could refute what you said up there, but then that would pretty much be the end of the convo too i guess, right, i mean, no, God mos def does not want you worshipping Jesus like a snake on a pole ok, hence "break up Nehushtan, priest" but i'm wore now bro, so just go ahead and keep teaching what you sorry ok obviously dont know, i even understand bro bc what is it? = like "weakness" or something to us now huh, once youve ate from that Tree its just like a festering disease, innit?
You misunderstood what I said. Here it is again:
"The only objective it (snake pole) pointed to, was that no matter how obtuse the type appeared to be, God called men to it, for faith, that they may be healed (at that time).
Therefore, the anti-type, who was Jesus, was to be accepted for the same reason of faith.
His crucifixion is equally obtuse to the natural mind of men, by way of their own "thoughts and ways".

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha no, we're all in the same boat i guess huh
the real "we" lol

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:12-13

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." Rom 8:12-13
So simple, isn't it?

Probably most people on this forum will say they are already sons of God... but are they all? Or are some of us still in the birth canal or even in the womb?

But even a child fully born [no longer physically attached to its mother] is far from independent and its vision...?

"Babies learn to see over a period of time, much like they learn to walk and talk. They are not born with all the visual abilities they need in life. The ability to focus their eyes, move them accurately, and use them together as a team must be learned. Also, they need to learn how to use the visual information the eyes send to their brain in order to understand the world around them and interact with it appropriately." [from Infant Vision: Birth to 24 Months of Age, American Optometric Assoc,.]

Do we then need to work on our vision so as to be able to see "face to face"?

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:18

What would we suppose this "eyesalve" to be?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible, lol, ol Samuel got that one right on the nose i guess huh? Cant state a single Absolute Truth from Scripture, Which is chock-full of Absolute Truth lol. I cant state one either fwiw, and i try every day, we have a little session on that just about every day, whenever someone brings it up here, cuz theyre still tryin too of course. Goin on two years now i guess
Luke 8[10] And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
>Are you an "other"?

> Which steers one into understanding this:
John 3[3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see (perceive) the kingdom of God.
[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee,
Ye must be born again.
> NOW!!!

Rom. 8[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ,
he is none of his.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, something like that, thats where i started anyway. Then i realized that we can hear something in English, and then repeat it exactly and not be heard, right? making even the original mss only "God~Breathed." But now i'm slowly coming to @amadeus ' pov, that being that It is in There if you can hear It? Faith comes by hearing. Unforunately for us, or fortunately, dunno yet, belief also comes, may also come by hearing, but fortunately for us--or unfortunately, if we cannot hear i guess--Scripture has plainly delineated the five different kinds of "belief."

We have a thing, "the five stages of grief," and knowledge brings sorrow, so...ha, well, there it is, pretty much all laid out i guess. Dont find love until you are ready, i reckon.

If you mean that some have 'ears to hear' spiritually, while others do not, then yes, this is one of the matters God's Word teaches, specifically in Matthew 13 as I mentioned.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha ya, thats where id be hearing all are deceived myself, alright. Course they actually all teach the same thing, too, no diff whatsoever, on a spiritual level. A search of "Jesus Cults" used to lay that out, but i noticed about a year ago its been obscured there now too. Nobody preachin who seeks to save his soul will lose it that i'm aware of anyway

No, that truth I mentioned from Matthew 13 is not from some 'Jesus cult'. Our Lord Jesus went into detail about the idea of having eyes to see, and ears to hear in Matthew 13 with the parable of the sower.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i did like the type-anti type deal, only see if you think Mercury or Apollo or Jesus is ever returning to take you up to heaven when youre dead you are all about the type i guess, yeh? See its pretty easy to go looking and actually see a Son of Man raised up like a Snake on a Pole that died for your sins, huh? Esp if someone else Reads for you, and they never get to that part that says that that cannot ever happen.
God did "The snake on the pole" faith procedure. So that He would KNOW who would trust in His idea, command, procedure BY FAITH. Iows, whatever God says for us to do, in order to be healed, no matter if it makes sense in little brains, or NOT, we are to do it!!
The "snake on the pole" routine was for an example, so that when they/we saw/perceive the Son of God, in the flesh crucified (murdered on a pole, stake or cross) they/we would relate to it AS BEING SIMILAR to the "snake on the pole". If one wants to be healed unto New Life, then by FAITH, they must trust in Jesus, who was in likeness put on a pole, cross etc.
The snake on the pole was a "type" of what happened to Jesus, who He Himself was the "anti-type". It was the actual point for what God wanted for us to know. Look upon Jesus, if you want to be
"Born again" into New Life....NOW!!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You misunderstood what I said. Here it is again:
"The only objective it (snake pole) pointed to, was that no matter how obtuse the type appeared to be, God called men to it, for faith, that they may be healed (at that time).
Therefore, the anti-type, who was Jesus, was to be accepted for the same reason of faith.
His crucifixion is equally obtuse to the natural mind of men, by way of their own "thoughts and ways".
ok i might still be misunderstanding you, but i dont think God called men to look at the snake on a pole as a faith exercise, wadr. Although that does seem logical, yes, and i might be wrong, too ok. Mostly prolly our differences in the definition of faith, but i guess the answer to the following would clarify this; do you believe that Jesus died as a sacrifice to appease God for your sins or no?

plus the...use of the forms of "am" in there? AM? The "is," the "was?"
how can i hear you, see, even if you are right? here and there? can you be in two places at once? I think we have a passage for this? That prolly makes about as much sense to most ppl as i am right now? lol. ty, though, maybe, here and there, yeh? may be

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:12-13

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." Rom 8:12-13
So simple, isn't it?

Probably most people on this forum will say they are already sons of God... but are they all? Or are some of us still in the birth canal or even in the womb?

But even a child fully born [no longer physically attached to its mother] is far from independent and its vision...?

"Babies learn to see over a period of time, much like they learn to walk and talk. They are not born with all the visual abilities they need in life. The ability to focus their eyes, move them accurately, and use them together as a team must be learned. Also, they need to learn how to use the visual information the eyes send to their brain in order to understand the world around them and interact with it appropriately." [from Infant Vision: Birth to 24 Months of Age, American Optometric Assoc,.]

Do we then need to work on our vision so as to be able to see "face to face"?

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:18

What would we suppose this "eyesalve" to be?
amen. Mud in your eye is not a cliche for nothing i guess huh
the blindfold is a good learning aid for this too i think.

ever read any accounts of ppl blind from birth who have regained their sight? I guess their sight is still virtually useless for like a year or something, until it turns right side up and the blind spot "disappears?" Ever spent any time around a blind person, bac? They can see stuff we just cannot see, so weird lol

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok i might still be misunderstanding you, but i dont think God called men to look at the snake on a pole as a faith exercise, wadr. Although that does seem logical, yes, and i might be wrong, too ok. Mostly prolly our differences in the definition of faith, but i guess the answer to the following would clarify this; do you believe that Jesus died as a sacrifice to appease God for your sins or no?

plus the...use of the forms of "am" in there? AM? The "is," the "was?"
how can i hear you, see, even if you are right? here and there? can you be in two places at once? I think we have a passage for this? That prolly makes about as much sense to most ppl as i am right now? lol. ty, though, maybe, here and there, yeh? may be

Faith exercise? An exercise of their faith in God? Yes. Why not, since they had before doubted Him, which is why He sent the snakes upon them? And when you also look at that time, with God revealing Himself directly to them in the wilderness, raining down from heaven manna and quail, the pillar of fire by night and the cloud by day, I mean come on, really? The doubters needed a shock to the system.

Do I believe our Lord Jesus died on the cross to appease The Father? No, not to appease The Father, but to determine who wants to live with Him in the future Eternity. There are hints in the OT prophets (like Isaiah), that God is going to make our minds anew, that we will not remember the rebellion of this world. Apparently before He will do that for us, He is going to make sure it's only for those who believe on His Son He sent into the world.

Isa 65:17-19
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in My people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
KJV

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No, that truth I mentioned from Matthew 13 is not from some 'Jesus cult'. Our Lord Jesus went into detail about the idea of having eyes to see, and ears to hear in Matthew 13 with the parable of the sower.
Davy, did the Son of Man die as a sacrifice to appease God for your sins or no?