Who is Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
No anti - Catholics here not one, i dont know of anyone here who has a problem with Catholics, no one here has a problem with the people , no one.
YOU are an anti-Catholic because you resort to lying when trying to make your points.
One who simply disagrees with Catholic teaching is not an anti-Catholic.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
yet Christ broke bread, and not His arm, to give the Apostles. This is what happens when you let wolves make doctrines for you, to deceive.
Jesus broke bread and transformed it into His Body and gave it to the Apostles.
He sis the same thing with the wine. This was done SACRAMENTALLY - not literally.

As Catholic, we don't eat actual human flesh at Communion - we eat the glorified Body of our Lord as commanded by HIM.
When Jesus was explaining to the crowd in John 6 that they were to EAT His flesh and DRINK His blood - they became disgusted with Him
The following describes you perfectly . . .

John 6:60-65
On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”
Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this shock you? Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

Reactions: tom55

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
Catholics are not Christians, regardless of how much they might want to be, for whatever reason--i mean, Christ was not a Christian, either...so imo you are going to have this issue as long as you have non-Christians lent credence on a Christian board. no offense meant to any RCC people.
Explain to me what a "Christian" is - if you can . . .

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
Michael V Pardo said:
I think that God would prefer the statues be torn down, but that would have to be by the Catholics (at least some church vandalism has been committed by over zealous individuals taking the scripture literally and desiring to please God.) Here's a question for one of the RCC apologists. How is reciting memorized prayers an act of penance and how can anyone answer a prayer except God Himself? Oops, that's actually 2 questions. However I don't find an answer to these in scripture, but instead an admonition to enter boldly into the throne room of God and another to avoid repetitive prayer.
YOU BELIEVE God would prefer statues be torn down?

SCRIPTURE SAYS that the Lord commanded the Ark to be topped with STATUES of two cherubim. The statues were to be made of gold, and the wings of the cherubim were to be held over the Ark, as though protecting it. The Lord said to Moses, `Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it, shall live.' So Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on a pole" (Num. 21:8-9). He made two cherubim of olivewood, each ten cubits high. . . . He put the cherubim in the innermost part of the Temple . . . And he overlaid the cherubim with gold. He carved all the walls of the Temple round about with carved figures of cherubim and palm trees and open flowers" (1 Kings. 6:23, 27-29).

Statues used in idol worship are condemned in Scripture. Statues used for a proper religious purpose were praised.

"That would have to be by the Catholics"? Really?? Are you saying that there are no Protestant Church's that have statues in them?? (Let me answer that for you.) There are protestant churches with statues. Your lack of knowledge about the FACTS and your Christian faith is obvious.

Where in scripture does it say that reciting a prayer CAN'T be act of penance?

If anyone ask you for prayers (i.e. healing from cancer, addiction) do you just say ONE prayer for them ONE TIME and then move on?? <_<

Avoid repetitive prayer? You better tell that to Jesus because he violated your THEORY: So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing (Mathew 26:44).

How about Luke 18:1-8? Isn't it the model for continual prayer? The woman who asks the exact same thing (`Vindicate me against my adversary’) over and over again, so much that it’s obnoxious. Jesus vindicated her (answered her prayer).

Do you think God would be mad at you if you repeated The Lords Prayer over and over again in your time of suffering?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tabletalk said:
I really thought I was accurately stating what the Catholic Church believes about the Eucharist, and comparing that to the (generally speaking) Protestant understanding of the bread and wine at communion. The accidents remain, the substance has changed. Protestants usually believe the accidents and the substance remain the same, before and after the words of consecration.
So, since the God we both claim to believe hates idols, Protestants should say the R.C.C. Eucharist is an idol, since it is an object of worship but is not God.

By the way, Bread of Life stated this, in response to my statement:
"Now there is a statement that is simply of disbelief and not anti-Catholic like most of the other comments I have responded to. You simply don't believe in the Eucharist - and therefore,m you call it an "idol" because we worship it as the body, blood, soul and divinity of Christ. This is the first correct use of the word "idol" that I have seen on this forum - even though it is wrong."
Just for the record - I was pointing to the fact that even though your charge was incorrect - your intention to call Catholics idolators because we worship the Eucharist was a correct usage of the term "Idol". Too many people on this forum throw that word around ignorantly because they accuse us of "idol worship" because we carry a Rosary or have statues in our Churches.

An "idol", by definition is something or someone other than God that is worshipped. We don't "worship" statues or paintings or Rosaries.
We believe the Eucharist to BE God so it is not idolatry.

Reactions: tom55

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay,,, NOTICE. No more posts on this thread until a moderator for this forum is able to lock it. Until then, anyone who posts will earn a warning point. This needs to stop.

Thank you,

BA

Status
Not open for further replies.