Who is Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
well, i don't mean to imply that she has arrived at "salvation," but that salvation may certainly be found in service, and after all God judges one's heart.

BoL, your constant over-emphasizing is perceived as yelling or condescending online, buddy, that is just how it is. And all of your questions seem to be asked from "Why?" with all due respect.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Only to you, and do you know if she is saved or not, I do doubt it,only God knows.
Another non sequitur?
What are you talking about??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
well, i don't mean to imply that she has arrived at "salvation," but that salvation may certainly be found in service, and after all God judges one's heart.

BoL, your constant over-emphasizing is perceived as yelling or condescending online, buddy, that is just how it is. And all of your questions seem to be asked from "Why?" with all due respect.
No - the formatting wouldn't bother any of you if it weren't for the fact that you're being proven wrong all the time.
You guys need to do your homework and research what you say before posting.

This includes Scripture, history and linguistics.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Another non sequitur?
What are you talking about??
no idea what that means, probably a good thing, still yelling to get your point acroos, really is demening, but im used to it from so called christians.

Reactions: Born_Again

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
no idea what that means, probably a good thing, still yelling to get your point acroos, really is demening, but im used to it from so called christians.
A non-sequitur is a remark that is completely unrelated to the conversation.
You make a LOT of those.

As for "yelling" - I'm not yelling.
As I have educated you on numerous occasions - yelling requires exclamation points (!!!) - so I would appreciate it if your stopped lying.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A non-sequitur is a remark that is completely unrelated to the conversation.
Actually my comment was very related to teh topic, as for all teh bold, sure someone else can clear it up, and its actually "caps" not "".

Have a lovey day 43.5 C yesterday, now thats unrelated. And i dont need to be educated I just need Jesus He is teh smartest of them all.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Actually my comment was very related to teh topic, as for all teh bold, sure someone else can clear it up, and its actually "caps" not "".

Have a lovey day 43.5 C yesterday, now thats unrelated. And i dont need to be educated I just need Jesus He is teh smartest of them all.
Look up "non sequitur" in the dictionary - and try to stick to the topic next time. Oops - I mean, try to stick to "teh" topic next time . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i don't get it--at least 3 people have told you now that this over-emphasizing works against you, to no avail. At this point i feel like i am wising up a mark, but why not ask someone you trust, who maybe doesn't know your screen name or something, if you don't believe us?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
mjrhealth said:
Only to you, and do you know if she is saved or not, I do doubt it,only God knows.
didn't you start this thread? Lol. Anyway, i am led to ask what you think "rejoining the two sticks" means.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
i don't get it--at least 3 people have told you now that this over-emphasizing works against you, to no avail. At this point i feel like i am wising up a mark, but why not ask someone you trust, who maybe doesn't know your screen name or something, if you don't believe us?
As I have observed over many years of online debating - when a person starts attacking you on your text formatting - they have usually run OUT of useful things to add to the conversation . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I have observed over many years of online debating - when a person starts attacking you on your text formatting - they have usually run OUT of useful things to add to the conversation . . .
Why do you always feel like you are being attacked??? Its one thing to highlight text now and again it another to do it in every post. Maybe teh Mods can comment on that. As for your previous comment wasnt worthy of a response.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Why do you always feel like you are being attacked??? Its one thing to highlight text now and again it another to do it in every post. Maybe teh Mods can comment on that. As for your previous comment wasnt worthy of a response.
Why do I feel like I'm being attacked??
Ummmm, maybe it's because you guys don't have valid responses and are instead attacking my posting style.

As I said before - when a person starts attacking you on your text formatting - they have usually run OUT of useful things to add to the conversation . . .

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
דוד חֵן (David) said:
I am not judging anyone, but I recently came across a Jehovah's Witness. What about them? They thin Jesus is Michael!
If you press them for an answer they'll also tell you that they don't believe Jesus is God, but this isn't something that they offer when trying to recruit more potential wealth for their church.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
דוד חֵן (David) said:
Does that means God allowed kissing the feet of Mary's statue?
I think that God would prefer the statues be torn down, but that would have to be by the Catholics (at least some church vandalism has been committed by over zealous individuals taking the scripture literally and desiring to please God.) Here's a question for one of the RCC apologists. How is reciting memorized prayers an act of penance and how can anyone answer a prayer except God Himself? Oops, that's actually 2 questions. However I don't find an answer to these in scripture, but instead an admonition to enter boldly into the throne room of God and another to avoid repetitive prayer.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I said before - when a person starts attacking you on your text formatting - they have usually run OUT of useful things to add to the conversation . . .
As I have observed over many years of online debating - when a person starts attacking you on your text formatting - they have usually run OUT of useful things to add to the conversation . .
Probably more related to my spelling..... Ehhh...

Im not perfect and glad I am not,

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael V Pardo said:
I think that God would prefer the statues be torn down, but that would have to be by the Catholics (at least some church vandalism has been committed by over zealous individuals taking the scripture literally and desiring to please God.) Here's a question for one of the RCC apologists. How is reciting memorized prayers an act of penance and how can anyone answer a prayer except God Himself? Oops, that's actually 2 questions. However I don't find an answer to these in scripture, but instead an admonition to enter boldly into the throne room of God and another to avoid repetitive prayer.
Where does the Bible say to "avoid" repetitive prayer??
If anything - it endorses it.

Matt. 6:7 says “And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.”

The Scriptures do NOT speak out against repetitious prayers to God. What they fail to understand is that when Jesus made this statement in Matt. 6:7, he was speaking about the nonsensical babbling of pagans to their gods – not the sincere prayers of the faithful. We read about them in 1 Kings 18:26-29, where the pagan prophets on Mount Carmel tried to invoke Baal all day long, repeatedly calling on his name and babbling and performing ritual dances.

- In Matt. 26:44, our Lord himself prayed the EXACT SAME prayer THREE times in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Last Supper.

- In the Parable of the Determined Widow in Luke 18:-87, Jesus emphatically states that God hears those who keep petitioning him in sincere faith: “Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer them? I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily.”

- In Luke 18:13, the tax collector kept beating his breast and praying, “God be merciful to me, a sinner.”
This was pleasing to God.

- We see in Rev. 4:8 that the angels pray the EXACT SAME prayer day and night without ceasing in the presence of almighty God, “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.”

- Psalm 136 goes on for 26 verses in a row, repeating the EXACT SAME prayer, “God's love endures forever”.

- Similarly, in Dan. 3:56-88 we read the EXACT SAME prayer for 32 verses, which is bless the Lord; praise and exalt him above all forever.”
This is FAR more repetitious than a decade of the Rosary.

As for WHO can hear prayers - it all depends. "Pray", in it's most basic definition simply means to ASK, so SUPPLICATE, to REQUEST.
YOU just prayed to ME with your 2 questions.

We ASK the saints in heaven to pray FOR us - just as if I were to ask a friend or family member to pray for me. Have you never asked anybody to pray for you?? James tells the members of the Body of Christ to "Pray for each other" (James 5:16).
Have you taken it upon yourself to kick out those members of the Body that are in Heaven? Rev. 5:8 shows them taking our prayers before God and Rev 8:4-5 shows the Angels in Heaven doing the SAME thing.

There are several form of Prayer:
Praise and Worship (For God alone)
Thanksgiving (For God alone)
Supplication (For God and member of the Body)

Reactions: tom55

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rosary beads, that is what is vain repetition, serves no purpose even the heatheh have beads that they use to pray vain repetitve prayer, I know used to sit around the bed with mum and sisters wondering whats the point even as a child... Now i just talk to God because we can.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Rosary beads, that is what is vain repetition, serves no purpose even the heatheh have beads that they use to pray vain repetitve prayer, I know used to sit around the bed with mum and sisters wondering whats the point even as a child... Now i just talk to God because we can.
So, you simply post haphazardly without reading the responses, don't you??
You didn't read post #216 or you wouldn't have posted this ridiculous response.

Please READ it - then respond.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, you simply post haphazardly without reading the responses, don't you??
You didn't read post #216 or you wouldn't have posted this ridiculous response.

Please READ it - then respond.
I did and it still stands.

Babling on as you say you should try read your own posts.

Oh sorry using bold..

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
I did and it still stands.

Babling on as you say you should try read your own posts.

Oh sorry using bold..
Ahhhh - maybe you just need to R*E*A*D it again . . .

The Scriptures do NOT speak out against repetitious prayers to God. What they fail to understand is that when Jesus made this statement in Matt. 6:7, he was speaking about the nonsensical babbling of pagans to their gods – not the sincere prayers of the faithful. We read about them in 1 Kings 18:26-29, where the pagan prophets on Mount Carmel tried to invoke Baal all day long, repeatedly calling on his name and babbling and performing ritual dances.

- In Matt. 26:44, our Lord himself prayed the EXACT SAME prayer THREE times in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Last Supper.

- In the Parable of the Determined Widow in Luke 18:-87, Jesus emphatically states that God hears those who keep petitioning him in sincere faith: “Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer them? I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily.”

- In Luke 18:13, the tax collector kept beating his breast and praying, “God be merciful to me, a sinner.”
This was pleasing to God.

- We see in Rev. 4:8 that the angels pray the EXACT SAME prayer day and night without ceasing in the presence of almighty God, “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.”

- Psalm 136 goes on for 26 verses in a row, repeating the EXACT SAME prayer, “God's love endures forever”.

- Similarly, in Dan. 3:56-88 we read the EXACT SAME prayer for 32 verses, which is bless the Lord; praise and exalt him above all forever.”
This is FAR more repetitious than a decade of the Rosary.

As for WHO can hear prayers - it all depends. "Pray", in it's most basic definition simply means to ASK, so SUPPLICATE, to REQUEST.
YOU just prayed to ME with your 2 questions.

We ASK the saints in heaven to pray FOR us - just as if I were to ask a friend or family member to pray for me. Have you never asked anybody to pray for you?? James tells the members of the Body of Christ to "Pray for each other" (James 5:16).

Have you taken it upon yourself to kick out those members of the Body that are in Heaven? Rev. 5:8 shows them taking our prayers before God and Rev 8:4-5 shows the Angels in Heaven doing the SAME thing.

Now - based on what you just read - explain to me how praying to God repeatedly is "pagan" and "vain repetition", when Jesus and the Angels and Saints in Heaven are doing the SAME thing . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.