Who Is Telling the Truth ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, kaoticprofit.

And I'm with Vet on this one too!

The correct interpretation of "the last day" has nothing to do with futurism.

John 6:40, 44, and 54 and 11:24 say's that at the last day there will be a resurrection.

John 6:40  And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44  No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:54  Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 11:24  Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

And according to this verse...

John 12:48  He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Tells me at the last day there will be a judgment.

In this verse there's a resurrection and translation at the last day.,

1 Corinthians 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

It's the same word for last here... where it definetly means last.

Revelation 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

These are the choices for last that John, Paul, and Jesus had.

2078 'eschatos' when used in context with a judgment and resurrection certainly means the extreme last day of this age and that's what the words meaning implies.

http://www.eliyah.com/cgi-bin/strongs.cgi?file=greeklexicon&isindex=last

The Day of the Lord is about a 45 day period where the Lord fulfills all of the prophecies of this present age.

You're right but you're also wrong. You're right in that you recognize that all of this happens on the "Last Day," a REAL event (or period) in the future. However, you're also wrong in the sense that this "Day of the Lord" is only a "45 day period." It's a 1000-YEAR period! It's all a very long day because the Sun of Righteousness will have risen in Yerushalayim, Isra'el, and shall not "set," so to speak, until the Fire falls and the Great White Throne Judgment occurs in Rev. 20.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
Shalom, kaoticprofit.

You're right but you're also wrong. You're right in that you recognize that all of this happens on the "Last Day," a REAL event (or period) in the future. However, you're also wrong in the sense that this "Day of the Lord" is only a "45 day period." It's a 1000-YEAR period! It's all a very long day because the Sun of Righteousness will have risen in Yerushalayim, Isra'el, and shall not "set," so to speak, until the Fire falls and the Great White Throne Judgment occurs in Rev. 20.

Well thar could be too that it's an argument that can be argued forever.

In my view. The Day of the Lord is the time period it takes for the Lord to do battle, rapture His own, the resurrectionf the righteous dead, the marriage supper of the Lamb, the separation of the sheep and goats, the judgement of the righteous, and the judgement of nations. Whether or not "that day" extends throughout the next thousand years of the reign of Christ which it could hardly matters to me. It's what goes down before His retrun that most interest me. After the world is His it doesn't matter what you call it.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
I must go along with Veteran on this, for if you are eternal then you cannot die. but this must be limited to the physical death. Those cast into the lake of fire for eternity... are they not imortal as well, but all the same... after they first die. If our enquiry is not about the physical death, then we ( good and bad, just and evil, saved and uin-saved, believers and non-believers ) all have eternal life right?