Who is the Whore of babylon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context B.S. Mary :eek:
Actually, it is The Holy Spirit who brings us into ALL truth...as we grow in Him...the more of ourselves we let go of, the more is revealed to us and the more He fills us with His desires...at least that has been my awesome experience, and continues to be.
Sooooo why did the Holy Spirit bring so many different men to so many different truths? Example: All the men of the Reformation had different truths even though some of those truths agreed with the CC truth. All of them said they were guided by the Holy Spirit.

Is the Holy Spirit confused?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW-I'm Sola Scriptura ;) THE WORD LIVES!
I am happy for you that you have so much head knowledge, maybe one day it will come in handy when it reaches your heart.
Thank you Nancy. Another hole in your theory.

Please quote from Scripture (using Sola Scriptura) what books belong in our bible.

Using Scripture alone please tell me who wrote Mark and Luke.

Using Scripture alone please tell me what Jesus was referring to when he talked about "Moses seat".

Curious Mary

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo why did the Holy Spirit bring so many different men to so many different truths? Example: All the men of the Reformation had different truths even though some of those truths agreed with the CC truth. All of them said they were guided by the Holy Spirit.

Is the Holy Spirit confused?

Curious Mary

"Is the Holy Spirit confused?"
Of course not, it is men who are confused...is it your belief that ONLY the CC will be saved? That they ONLY have the whole TRUTH??

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Nancy. Another hole in your theory.

Please quote from Scripture (using Sola Scriptura) what books belong in our bible.

Using Scripture alone please tell me who wrote Mark and Luke.

Using Scripture alone please tell me what Jesus was referring to when he talked about "Moses seat".

Curious Mary
G/F, you are all over the place here, I have not the inclination nor the energy at this time in my life to simply debate one who is so cemented in her own interpretation of scripture. I pray for this forum daily and always hope for more unity and encouragement, I would go to the debate forum. I am sorry but, I 'm done here. Judge as you will, call me a miss and dis-informed lost Christian...I only care about what He thinks of me.
God Bless you abundantly,
nancy
BTW-When do YOU think that Satan first entered the Church? ;) I would say DAY ONE!!!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not, it is men who are confused...is it your belief that ONLY the CC will be saved? That they ONLY have the whole TRUTH??
I agree, men are confused about the Truth. The Church is not confused since, as scripture says, it is the pillar and foundation of truth.

No, that is not my belief nor is it the teaching of the CC.

Yes, The Church has the whole truth, just like scripture says. And it is the Church who we are supposed to go to so that we can settle our differences, just like scripture says. Which Church do you choose?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
G/F, you are all over the place here, I have not the inclination nor the energy at this time in my life to simply debate one who is so cemented in her own interpretation of scripture. I pray for this forum daily and always hope for more unity and encouragement, I would go to the debate forum. I am sorry but, I 'm done here. Judge as you will, call me a miss and dis-informed lost Christian...I only care about what He thinks of me.
God Bless you abundantly,
nancy
BTW-When do YOU think that Satan first entered the Church? ;) I would say DAY ONE!!!
It is not my interpretation of Scripture. I only parrot the Churches interpretation of Scripture. Who's interpretation do you parrot?

I am ready to give an answer for my beliefs.

Mary

PS...What is G/F?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men who are approved thru the Church are not confused since they are to teach the things they heard among many witnesses to faithful men, who are then able to and are instructed to teach others also.....Just like scripture says. 2 Timothy 2:2.

So please do tell me Nancy: Can you show me in history when this teaching of the Truth end? Jesus said he would be with us until the end of the days. When did he stop being with us and we no longer knew the Truth of His teaching?

Bible Study Mary

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
WRONG.

YOUR
problem is that that John doesn't stop at verse 1. He continues for SEVENTEEN more verses in his description.
Let's jump to verse 14 . . .

John 1:14-18

And the Word became flesh
and made his dwelling among us,
and we saw HIS glory,
the glory as of the Father’s only SON,
full of grace and truth.
John testified to him and cried out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘The one who is coming after me ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.’”
From his fullness we have all received, grace in place of grace,
because while the law was given through Moses, grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
No one has ever seen God. The only SON, God, who is at the Father’s side, has revealed him.

a. So - The WORD was God (John 1:1).
b. The WORD became flesh and they saw HIS glory (John 1:14) . . .
c.
. . . which is the glory as the Father's only SON (John 1:14)
d.
John testified to the WORD/Son (John 1:15)
e. He is identified as Jesus Christ (John 1:17)
f. NOBODY
has ever seen God except for the SON, whom we just saw by the previous verses is Jesus Christ, the WORD, who IS God (John 1:18).

You LOSE this debate because you cherry-pick Scripture instead of reading it in its FULL CONTEXT.
BAD idea . . .
I have no problem with the next 17 verses. I know full well the word became flesh/the Son. You choose to destroy the order of the Greek words of John 1:1 to come up with "the Word was God". I choose to retain the word order and not capitalize "Word" to make it seem like the name of a living person. We are told exactly how creation came to be. The Father, Almighty YHWH, spoke it into existence all by Himself, alone (Isaiah 44:24). He did NOT have help from a Son who did not exist as a living being at that time. He existed in YHWH's mind/plan of salvation

f. NOBODY has ever seen God except for the SON, whom we just saw by the previous verses is Jesus Christ, the WORD, who IS God (John 1:18).
So, was the Son looking in a mirror when he saw God? No. He was looking at his Father, Almighty YHWH, the ONLY TRUE GOD (John 17:3). The Son of God saw God. Not, God the Son saw God the Father. That makes two Gods looking at each other. What a sick doctrine.

BTW, I could have begun my reply with the word "wrong" in big bold letters, but I am not that immature.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not only do you NOT know why you left the Catholic Church - you don't know anything ABOUT the Catholic Church or its teachings.
I know it teaches idolatry. I know it murdered many people during the inquisitions. I know sexual immorality runs rampant throughout the ENTIRE organization even today.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Who decides WHEN she has completed "her understanding" of our faith (Christianity) and "how to apply" that faith? Who decides when she is done "sucking her thumb" and has become as mature as you or me?
You are so full of pride and arrogance. How dare you exalt your supposed maturity over SG's. We need a vomiting emoji on this forum.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It is not a person that we have to %100 agree with. It is the Church which is, as you know, the pillar and foundation of truth.
That verse is referring to the church in apostolic times, not the organization that deviated from the true church to become the pillar and ground of lies. Even today they lie through their teeth to cover up their rampant sexual immorality.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are so full of pride and arrogance. How dare you exalt your supposed maturity over SG's. We need a vomiting emoji on this forum.
I ask you a question of WHO decides and that is your answer? Apparently you don't know scripture.

I like the idea of a vomiting emoji.....;)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That verse is referring to the church in apostolic times, not the organization that deviated from the true church to become the pillar and ground of lies. Even today they lie through their teeth to cover up their rampant sexual immorality.
OK....sooooo show me when that Truth stopped being passed down/taught AFTER the Apostles passed away. I say it was with the Reformation? What say you?

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even today they lie through their teeth to cover up their rampant sexual immorality.
Common practice....When one is losing the argument they revert to attacks and subjects that have NOTHING to do with the subject at hand....:rolleyes:

That vomiting emoji would come in handy right now.....;)

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
OK....sooooo show me when that Truth stopped being passed down/taught AFTER the Apostles passed away. I say it was with the Reformation? What say you?
Any answer I give will just be opposed with the RCC belief that they have taught the truth since Yeshua ascended. Most likely some time after Constantine rose to power and Roman paganism entered in.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Common practice....When one is losing the argument they revert to attacks and subjects that have NOTHING to do with the subject at hand....:rolleyes:
The subject is whether or not the RCC is the pillar and ground of truth. Do the called out of Yeshua lie through their teeth to cover their sins?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men who are approved thru the Church are not confused since they are to teach the things they heard among many witnesses to faithful men, who are then able to and are instructed to teach others also.....Just like scripture says. 2 Timothy 2:2.

So please do tell me Nancy: Can you show me in history when this teaching of the Truth end? Jesus said he would be with us until the end of the days. When did he stop being with us and we no longer knew the Truth of His teaching?

Bible Study Mary
Funny how you talk about "teaching", when I was forced to attend Catholic "masses" I went, did not understand one single thing as it was NOT teaching. Even the Bereans knew enough to check the scriptures...I take what NO man says as complete truth UNTIL I hear different through my own discernment. If all you want to do is debate and nitpick at everyone's faith on this board...why don't you stick with the debate forum...are you afraid to debate "real" debaters? Your arrogance will NEVER bring someone to the CC or God at all. So, why are you even on here, can't be to actually learn as you already know it all so why? It is God who changes us and leads us and He knows every one of us and our heart...you are placing yourself in the Throne of God by all of your judgings.
Good day to you.

Proverbs 12:23
A shrewd man keeps his knowledge to himself, but a foolish heart proclaims its folly.

Proverbs 15:1-3

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Reactions: gadar perets