Who is the Whore of babylon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whore. It is debatable who she is but maybe we should ask: Ecclesiastes 7:13 Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?

Who can make straight, which God has made crooked?

Isaiah 45:2-7
[2] I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: [3] And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord , which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel. [4] For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me. [5] I am the Lord , and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: [6] That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord , and there is none else. [7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things .

Isaiah 27:9
[9] By this therefore shall the iniquity of Jacob be purged; and this is all the fruit to take away his sin; when he maketh all the stones of the altar as chalkstones that are beaten in sunder, the groves and images shall not stand up.

Philippians 2:14-16
[14] Do all things without murmurings and disputings: [15] That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; [16] Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Isaiah 40:1-4
[1] Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. [2] Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins. [3] The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord , make straight in the desert a highway for our God. [4] Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

Cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished: FOR she has received of the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.

him that cries in the wilderness “prepare the way of the Lord...the crooked shall be made straight...”

Revelation 18:6-7
[6] Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. [7] How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

She is a widow.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew exactly why I came out of the RCC. I know exactly what her false doctrines are. She is an organization pregnant with idolatry, murders, and sexual immorality among the clergy and the laity. If I was ignorant of all that I would never have come out just like you.
You don't have the foggiest CLUE about Catholic doctrine. You left out if ignorance.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it teaches idolatry. I know it murdered many people during the inquisitions. I know sexual immorality runs rampant throughout the ENTIRE organization even today.
Protestantism is guilty of ALL of the things you just listed.

Do your HOMEWORK . . .

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Now there's an intelligent response . . .
What do you expect me to say when you childishly assume I don't have a clue about Catholic doctrine and that I left out of ignorance? You have no idea what I know. You are just shooting off your mouth.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you expect me to say when you childishly assume I don't have a clue about Catholic doctrine and that I left out of ignorance? You have no idea what I know. You are just shooting off your mouth.
It is evident bt the ignorant claims you make. You don't know what you're talking about . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is why I'm not a Protestant either.
IF you are a Christian - that is, a Trinitarian - and you are neither Catholic nor Orthodox, then you arena Protestant, by definition.
If you are NOT a Trinitarian, then you are something else e7ntirely - but NOT Christian . . .

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It is evident bt the ignorant claims you make. You don't know what you're talking about . . .
I claimed the RCC is pregnant with sexual immorality. Explain how that is an ignorant claim in light of all the sex scandals plaguing the RCC today.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
IF you are a Christian - that is, a Trinitarian - and you are neither Catholic nor Orthodox, then you arena Protestant, by definition.
If you are NOT a Trinitarian, then you are something else e7ntirely - but NOT Christian . . .
I don't claim to be a Christian. I am a disciple of Messiah Yeshua. His God and my God is Almighty YHWH ALONE.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't claim to be a Christian. I am a disciple of Messiah Yeshua. His God and my God is Almighty YHWH ALONE.
Like I said - if you're not a Trinitarian - then you worship a different "god" than the God of Scripture.
The God of Scripture is a Triune Godhead.

epostle

Jun 21, 2018
essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like I said - if you're not a Trinitarian - then you worship a different "god" than the God of Scripture.
The God of Scripture is a Triune Godhead.
gadar perets "Messianic Hebrew" does not have a web page. It's safe to conclude that "Messianic Hebrew" is an offshoot of Messianic Judaism, which was largely invented in the 1960's-70's.
I read 3 web sites on Messianic Judaism, and none of them show the anti-Catholic hate speech expressed by gadar. He is just another angry anti-Catholic who sadistically throws flaming zingers around and refuses to justify them. I classify his hate and lies as a mental illness and has nothing to do with religion. gadar's hatred for Catholicism is contrary to the faith he professes.
The true Hebrew Christians can be found by an honest examination of the church of the first 3 centuries. Most of the popes of this era were of Jewish decent. Sadly, history is the enemy of the anti-Catholic.
Catholicism is the fulfilment of Judaism, and is far more "Jewish" than any wanna-be Jewish Christian cult founded some 50 years ago.

Jewish Roots of the Church : Association of Hebrew Catholics

Reactions: BreadOfLife

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I did not mention that because I am NOT dialoguing with a Protestant. I am replying to a Roman Catholic who is claiming I am ignorant of Catholicism and that my claims are ignorant. These articles you cited justify my claims AND reveal Protestants also have a sexual immorality problem. Like mother, like daughter. This mother/daughter is alike in practicing idolatry as well since both worship the Son as though he is the only true God contrary to the Son's own words (John 17:3).

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
gadar perets "Messianic Hebrew" does not have a web page.
False information. My website is Everlasting Good News of Yahweh

I read 3 web sites on Messianic Judaism, and none of them show the anti-Catholic hate speech expressed by gadar. He is just another angry anti-Catholic who sadistically throws flaming zingers around and refuses to justify them. I classify his hate and lies as a mental illness and has nothing to do with religion. gadar's hatred for Catholicism is contrary to the faith he professes.
I rarely ever speak against Catholicism EXCEPT when Catholics like BOL start spouting their lies. Yes, I HATE Catholicism, but I don't hate Catholics. They need to wake up and come out of her so they don't partake of her idolatry and sexual immorality.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any answer I give will just be opposed with the RCC belief that they have taught the truth since Yeshua ascended. Most likely some time after Constantine rose to power and Roman paganism entered in.
Got it.....You can't provide any evidence that supports your theory.

Mary