Who the beast and false prophet really are.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know the Euphrates River is drying up? Its in the news. Jesus is coming soon.

Revelations 16:12 - And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

Reactions: dev553344

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know the Euphrates River is drying up? Its in the news. Jesus is coming soon.

Revelations 16:12 - And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

Huh? So you believe Christ is coming BECAUSE the physical Euphrates River in the Middle East is literally drying up? Really?! Do you actually think this is what God is talking about? Or do you need to be spiritually discerned in order to understand what He is talking about? For example, what does the river Euphrates often represent in Scripture? What does water represent in Scripture? Why is it drying up? And who are the kings of the East?

Let's see if you can research the REST of the Scripture, and compare Scripture with Scripture to find out what God talks about in Revelation. instead of allowing the prophecies to be interpreted by the world report.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh? So you believe Christ is coming BECAUSE the physical Euphrates River in the Middle East is literally drying up? Really?! Do you actually think this is what God is talking about? Or do you need to be spiritually discerned in order to understand what He is talking about? For example, what does the river Euphrates often represent in Scripture? What does water represent in Scripture? Why is it drying up? And who are the kings of the East?

Let's see if you can research the REST of the Scripture, and compare Scripture with Scripture to find out what God talks about in Revelation. instead of allowing the prophecies to be interpreted by the world report.
Its the fact that we are in the book of Revelation. Nothing more, nothing less. As far a Jesus coming soon. He has to be, in order for the saints to return at his 2nd coming in ;
Revelation 19:11 -
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its the fact that we are in the book of Revelation.

You distracted the subject. You need to answer each specific question posted to you and try again.

For example, what does the river Euphrates often represent in Scripture? What does water represent in Scripture? Why is it drying up? And who are the kings of the East?

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The 6th angel only pours (and the others) after the GT has ended and Christ has returned.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thousands of years ago, a river might impede an army crossing over; but today there are bridges, planes and who needs boots on the ground with missiles? Of course if there was a nuclear war, e.m.ps. would fry the electronics in any vehicles and planes, which would then leave them with no choice but boots on the ground. ?

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys need to stick with God's written Word more about what is prophesied to happen at the end leading all the way up to Lord Jesus' future return. Much of what you're talking about is included, and more, but is not covering God's Word why these things must happen before Lord Jesus will return.

The plan for a "New World Order" (i.e., "one world government") per their own words, has been in place for centuries. I will even say as far back as the time of Solomon's temple, since the Masonic order claims history back to Solomon's temple. And the initiate fraternities like the Masonic Lodge teach that all religions are equal, like all peoples belong together as a brotherhood. This is why they have Lodges in just about every nation covering all religions. Just back in the 1930's in the Christian west, there existed at least 12 different initiate secret fraternities under the abbreviated title F.U.D.O.S.I; the Masons were just one of them. They met in Lyons, France, the seat of their Grand Orient.

What happened with the building of the City of David and Solomon's temple? Foreign workers skilled in stone and brass, building, were borrowed from the pagan nation of Tyre, by their king Hiram, a friend of king David. The children of Israel did not have such building skills. The leftover Canaanites which the children of Israel were not able to destroy, and lived among Israel even in Solomon's day, were made bondservants. They apparently had a hand in the temple service also (see 1 Kings 9:20-22). Thus the pagans crept in among Israel, and in the building of the City of David and Solomon's temple, they were invited.

My point? The pagan foreigners that crept in unawares work for Lucifer. Even in construction of Christian cathedrals in the west one can see their handiwork with pagan sculpture hidden in the dark recesses.

Lord Jesus warned us about the "tares" that hide as real wheat.
Book of Jude reveals these were 'ordained' for this world to be against Christ.

Lord Jesus especially warned us for the end, twice in the same Scripture, about the coming of a false-Messiah to Jerusalem working great signs and wonders that the deceived will claim is The Christ.

And Apostle Paul warned us that for the end just prior to the day of "sudden destruction" on the "day of the Lord", the deceived world is going to be saying, "Peace and safety". It is within that time at the end which Lord Jesus forewarned us that some of us would be delivered up to give a Testimony for Him against the beast by The Holy Spirit, and to not premeditate what we will say in that hour.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation chapter 12, satan goes by many names. Hes role actor, playing different roles.
Revelation chapter 13 . This is one world political system. It will receive deadly wound near future. Satan as antichrist will come 6th trump, heal deadly wound. By establishing world peace.
Antichrist will claim to be messiah, Jesus, whole world will worship antichrist. Because they're biblically illiterate.
The saints have seal of God and gospel armour on.
Satan sends false brethren to strip off armour on Christian people, teaching traditions of men and false doctrine.
Ephesians chapter 6 and Timothy chapter 4.
Again, most people are biblically illiterate. Antichrist will have no problem deceiving the whole world.

Reactions: Davy

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thousands of years ago, a river might impede an army crossing over; but today there are bridges, planes and who needs boots on the ground with missiles? Of course if there was a nuclear war, e.m.ps. would fry the electronics in any vehicles and planes, which would then leave them with no choice but boots on the ground. ?

Hold your thought, I will respond when I have time tonight. I am going out to play pickleball.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Used to play tennis, a good game. Don't worry, you should be able to fit in a few more games before the end comes!
Don't know about that. Depending on where one lives today in the U.S., some say they won't even go out to check their mailbox without being armed.

Isa 17:4-5
4 And in that day it shall come to pass, that the glory of Jacob shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean.

5 And it shall be as when the harvestman gathereth the corn, and reapeth the ears with his arm;
and it shall be as he that gathereth ears in the valley of Rephaim.
KJV

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We know from scripture that many are saved but likely at the end of the age. We do not know any particular numbers, what make many people. Compared to those not saved you might think just few in number are saved. We also do not know how many will be saved in the days to come during the Great Tribulation, but it is a people beyond counting, a great multitude.

Revelation 7
1 After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree. 2 Then I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God. And he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, 3 saying, “Do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads.” 4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:

5 of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were [a]sealed;
of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed;
6 of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed;
7 of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed;
8 of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.

A Multitude from the Great Tribulation​

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11 All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:

“Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom,
Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
Be to our God forever and ever.
Amen.”
13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”

14 And I said to him, [b]“Sir, you know.”

So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. 16 They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; 17 for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to [c]living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Isaiah 53 also describes many, specifically this
Christ's death accomplishes the purposes of God
It says He bore the sin of many, it does not say He bore the sins of all.
Since He bears their inequities, these people are saved, they are become the righteousness of God in Christ.
He shall see His seed, that is as Hebrew's says, Here am I, and the children God has given Me.
Prolong his days, referring to a eternal life.
The pleasure of the Lord is to give to us the kingdom of God and to prosper in an abundant life.
==========================

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to [q]bruise Him;
He has put Him to grief.
When You make His soul an offering for sin,
He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,
And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.
11 [r]He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,

For He shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
And He shall divide the [s]spoil with the strong,
Because He poured out His soul unto death,
And He was numbered with the transgressors,
And He bore the sin of many,
And made intercession for the transgressors.
====================================

1 Who has believed our report?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant,
And as a root out of dry ground.
He has no [a]form or [b]comeliness;
And when we see Him,
There is no [c]beauty that we should desire Him.
3 He is despised and [d]rejected by men,
A Man of [e]sorrows and acquainted with [f]grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
4 Surely He has borne our [g]griefs
And carried our [h]sorrows;
Yet we [i]esteemed Him stricken,
[j]Smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But He was wounded[k] for our transgressions,
He was [l]bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes[m] we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord [n]has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
8 He was taken from [o]prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.
9 And [p]they made His grave with the wicked—
But with the rich at His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was any deceit in His mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the Lord to [q]bruise Him;
He has put Him to grief.
When You make His soul an offering for sin,
He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,
And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.
11 [r]He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
For He shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
And He shall divide the [s]spoil with the strong,
Because He poured out His soul unto death,
And He was numbered with the transgressors,
And He bore the sin of many,
And made intercession for the transgressors.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are told in scripture to try the spirits because many false prophets have gone out into the world. We are also told that a false prophet is one that denies Christ came.

I believe the beast and false prophet relate to denying God and could manifest in governments.

BACK... to the original Topic of this thread, who the "beast" and "false prophet" are.

My 2cents:

There's TWO different "beast" ideas given in Revelation:
Rev.13:1-2 = a beast KINGDOM.
Rev.13:11 forward = a beast KING, the "another beast".

The reason why the "another beast" has 2 horns LIKE a lamb, and speaks as a dragon, and comes up out of the earth, is because those symbols point to Satan himself coming to play The Christ (Lamb slain). Rev.9 revealed Satan as a "king", and as the "angel of the bottomless pit". So that's where the idea originates of the "another beast" coming up out the earth. And I mean understanding this once one has truly studied their Bible, Jesus made these symbols simple to understand.

There is NO mention of the "false prophet" in the Revelation 13 chapter, period. Men's doctrines try to add it.

The idea of the "false prophet" is first mentioned in Revelation 16:13,

Rev 16:13-14
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
KJV

"unclean spirits" FROM 3 workings by Satan: 1) lies out of Satan's mouth; 2) lies out of the mouth of the beast (system); and 3) lies out of the mouth of the false prophet.

And then there is a problem, because when Jesus does return in Revelation 19, the "beast" and the "false prophet" are cast into the "lake of fire". The PROBLEM with men's doctrines on that is they believe that "beast" and "false prophet" represent flesh born men. NO, they do not...

... and here's why...

NO flesh born man is judged and sentenced to the "lake of fire" until God's Great White Throne Judgment which ONLY happens after Christ's future "thousand years" reign of Revelation 20.

So how is it, that the "beast" and "false prophet" are ALREADY cast into the "lake of fire" at Christ's coming per Revelation 19:20, PRIOR to God's GWT Judgment, if they are flesh born men?

Not even Judas Iscariot has been judged to the "lake of fire" yet.

What this means is, the "beast" is about the ROLES of the beast kingdom and beast king, of Rev.13. They are destroyed at Christ's coming.

The "false prophet" is a ROLE also that Satan himself will play, coming to play The Christ. Lord Jesus was also called a Prophet (Deuteronomy 18; Acts 3:22-23). Thus Satan coming to play Christ fulfills that ROLE as "false prophet", which ROLE is also destroyed with the beast at Christ's coming.

But Satan, the "dragon", is NOT destroyed yet at Christ's future coming, but instead is locked in his pit prison for the "thousand years" reign by Christ and His elect, per Rev.20.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do we have so many who have no idea about the subject matter.

Just like in the post above, we read about the confusion of the poster and how mixed up the story is that he is trying to tell.

The Beast in Rev 13:1-10 are the four beasts of Daniel 7:2-12 working together in unison after the 1,000 years.

The Rev 16:12-16 six bowl prophecy is unfolding during this present time period before God judges the heavenly hosts in heaven as well as the kings of the earth at Armageddon, which will occur in our near future is around 20-25 years from now. The judged kings of the earth and the heavenly host are then imprisoned in a pit, the bottomless pit for 1,000 years, before the bottomless pit is unlocked by an angel to release, firstly the kings of the earth who are allowed to torment the people of the earth who do not worship God.

After the release of the locusts, the four angels, i.e., the beasts, are summoned who were bound at the Great River Euphrates. So the four angels who had been prepared for this hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind. And the number of mounted troops was two hundred million; I heard their number. These four angels who were released acted in unison as is also describe in Daniel 7:19-27.

Then the Beast that rises up in Rev 17 from the abyss to go to destruction. The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but will receive one hour of authority as kings, along with the beast. These kings have one purpose: to yield their power and authority to the beast.

The False Prophet in the Book of Revelation is one and the same with the Little Horn in Daniel 7:19-27. We are told that the False prophet rises up out of the earth/the abyss.

We must remember that the Book of Revelations is not a linear revelation of the events that occur during the last age or the Little while period after the 1,000 years of the Seventh Age has passed and the imprisoned angels are released.

Rev 12:7-12 speaks of the judgement of the heavenly hosts in heaven and their being ejected out of heaven down to the earth with his angels, the four beasts and the Little Horn of Dan 7:2-12, and together they are imprisoned in the Bottomless pit as we are told in Isa 24:22, and confirm in Rev 20:1-3 where we are told that that the angel, with the keys to abyss, seized the dragon, that ancient serpent who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time.

The Book of revelation confirms that the beasts are indeed judged heavenly hosts/angels.

This is why so much of what is said/written, as to who the beasts and the False Prophet are, is missing the mark as far as what the Bible teaches us.

But everybody is entitled to their opinion and if they believe that their opinion is true for them then it must be indeed true for others to accept their opinion as well.

So be it

Shalom

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is a good example of why many theologians and people like you want to constantly attempt to make the Book of Revelation speaking of PHYSICAL/LITERAL events, things, happenings, or modern warfare can only be because they have NOT the spiritual insight to allow the Scriptures to interpret themselves!

200w.gif

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hold your thought, I will respond when I have time tonight. I am going out to play pickleball.

Now, I have some time to explain lightly on Revelation 16 if anyone like to understand it better from a spiritual perspective. Revelation 16 is NOT prophesying about national Israel in the Middle East with a literal river in the East as most thought. God is not talking about the red Chinese army coming to invade national Israel here. Rather it prophesies about God's Church, the New Testament representative of God's Kingdom.

Rev 16:12-16
  • And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
The Great River Euphrates signifies the SPIRITUAL borderline of New Testament Israel, the Church, that separates God's people from the people of the world. It being dried up signifies that it no longer exists as a border guard for the church. For example, the church is no longer protected by God for her unfaithfulness. The river Euphrates often seen by God as border for Israel.

Genesis 15:18
  • "In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:"
Here, the great river Euphrates is signified as a border marker for the covenant Israel.

Deuteronomy 11:24-29
  • "Every place whereon the soles of your feet shall tread shall be yours: from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the river Euphrates, even unto the uttermost sea shall your coast be.
  • There shall no man be able to stand before you: for the LORD your God shall lay the fear of you and the dread of you upon all the land that ye shall tread upon, as he hath said unto you.
  • Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
  • A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day:
  • And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.
  • And it shall come to pass, when the LORD thy God hath brought thee in unto the land whither thou goest to possess it, that thou shalt put the blessing upon mount Gerizim, and the curse upon mount Ebal."
If they obeyed the commandments of God, and if not, they would be judged. The drying up of the Euphrates signifies a way for enemy armies to come across to destroy the unfaithful congregation which signifies spiritual Judea. At the same time, God has prepared the way for His Kings of the East to FLEE Judea as we read in Matthew 24:15-16. The Kings of the East are God's army of chosen Elect who can see the abomination of desolation and witness the judgment of the whore.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now, I have some time to explain lightly on Revelation 16 if anyone like to understand it better from a spiritual perspective. Revelation 16 is NOT prophesying about national Israel in the Middle East with a literal river in the East as most thought. God is not talking about the red Chinese army coming to invade national Israel here. Rather it prophesies about God's Church, the New Testament representative of God's Kingdom.

Rev 16:12-16
  • And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
The Great River Euphrates signifies the SPIRITUAL borderline of New Testament Israel, the Church, that separates God's people from the people of the world. It being dried up signifies that it no longer exists as a border guard for the church. For example, the church is no longer protected by God for her unfaithfulness. The river Euphrates often seen by God as border for Israel.

Genesis 15:18
  • "In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:"
Here, the great river Euphrates is signified as a border marker for the covenant Israel.

Deuteronomy 11:24-29
  • "Every place whereon the soles of your feet shall tread shall be yours: from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the river Euphrates, even unto the uttermost sea shall your coast be.
  • There shall no man be able to stand before you: for the LORD your God shall lay the fear of you and the dread of you upon all the land that ye shall tread upon, as he hath said unto you.
  • Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
  • A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day:
  • And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.
  • And it shall come to pass, when the LORD thy God hath brought thee in unto the land whither thou goest to possess it, that thou shalt put the blessing upon mount Gerizim, and the curse upon mount Ebal."
If they obeyed the commandments of God, and if not, they would be judged. The drying up of the Euphrates signifies a way for enemy armies to come across to destroy the unfaithful congregation which signifies spiritual Judea. At the same time, God has prepared the way for His Kings of the East to FLEE Judea as we read in Matthew 24:15-16. The Kings of the East are God's army of chosen Elect who can see the abomination of desolation and witness the judgment of the whore.
Some of these elect army of kings of the east then get pregnant, nurse infants, work in fields and are told to not go home, his house being local, to take anything with them when they flee to the mountains.

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the [c]elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we have so many who have no idea about the subject matter.

Just like in the post above, we read about the confusion of the poster and how mixed up the story is that he is trying to tell.

The Beast in Rev 13:1-10 are the four beasts of Daniel 7:2-12 working together in unison after the 1,000 years.

So your created false lead-in about confusion of the previous poster was an opening you created just so you could create ACTUAL CONFUSION about the "beast" identity in Revelation 13??

The Revelation 13:1-2 beast that comes up out of the "sea" is a KINGDOM BEAST. That's why it says it has TEN HORNS (which are 10 kings), and SEVEN HEADS (which are "seven mountains"), and TEN CROWNS (which represent the 10 powers of those 10 kings), a SYSTEM upon the earth.

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of these elect army of kings of the east then get pregnant, nurse infants, work in fields and are told to not go home, his house being local, to take anything with them when they flee to the mountains.

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the [c]elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

I see someone attempting to interpret Matthew 24 literally, despite lacking Biblical understanding. Let's discuss the context of the housetop tonight.

Mat 24:15-22
(15) When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand )
(16) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
(17) Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
(18) Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
(19) And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
(20) But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
(21) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
(22) And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

You have to keep in mind that God is speaking in METAPHORS!
That is to say, using words denoting one kind of object in place of another, in order to suggest some likeness between the two. The housetop is not used as a "figure" of the Church, rather it is used as a figure of the believers outside the house, in the mode of oration or public speaking. Consider this in the context of the day it was written. There were no huge houses to hold thousands of people. Public speaking and announcements were done from the housetop, above the crowd where people could see and hear the speaker. It was the place of announcements, very much used as a stage or a platform would be used today so that we could speak to the public.

Please note that the housetop is outside of the house (Church), it is not in the house. Used in the context of Matthew 24 it is illustrating a preaching platform outside the Church, with the preacher being commanded not to go back inside the house to get anything. This is not speculation, this truth is made abundantly clear by the other books of the Bible that reference this prophecy, and indeed by the very context of Matthew 24.

Matthew 24:17
"Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: "

In other words, God warns His servants that when they flee from this abomination in the congregation, they are not to go back into the house (Church) to get anything, for there is nothing there that is worth their lives. ie., the works and possessions in this house are now rendered worthless and the habitation thereof dangerous. They will find no bread (the Word of God) there, no clothing (the righteousness of Christ) there, no gold (the preciousness of Christ) there, and no shelter from storm (the tabernacle of Christ) there. All these things that Christians possessed "in the house" are now gone, and they are not to look back, as Lot's wife looked back. Abominations in the Church have caused it to fall and become a desert (desolation). So they are not to go down into the house to take any thing out of it. They preach from the housetops. It may help to look at the next verse, because the very same spiritual picture is painted there where God says:

Matthew 24:18
  • "Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes."

This is the very same warning to those who dwelled on the housetops not to go back in the house, but God is now using the metaphor of those in the field. Those who were laboring in the field symbolize those in the world (or outside the Church -Matthew 13:38). These are those Christians who are not in the house (Church), but who have come out into the wilderness of the world to sow seed or preach the gospel. They are not to try to go back into their house to get clothing. There is no clothing there that can protect anyone at this time. For the clothing, which is the righteousness of Christ, has departed it. This has nothing to do with AD 70, it concerns the nature of the Church at this time, and why believers should stay away from it.

There are those who feel as if they must go to a Church, even if the Church is unbiblical or it is preaching a false gospel. Because unfortunately they are looking to the Church for their security, instead of Christ, and they do not understand just how dreadfully terrible false gospel is to a Holy God. We should not neglect the assembling together of the saints, but we should also remember that we are married to Christ, not the Church! Consider the mirror reference to this event recorded in the book of Luke:

Luke 17:31
  • "In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back."
The imagery illustrated here is that there is nothing in this abominable house that we should return to. If you're in the field or world, stay there, do not return to this house full of abominations. If our goods or works are left in the house, do not return for their sakes. In other words, don't return for the assembly's sake, for friendship sake, for companionship, for Church tradition, or for (so-called) love of God. Whosoever loves these more than God is not worthy of Him. Here in this passage of Luke it is a little clearer what the Lord is saying. Believers must not go back into the Church at this time, for the things they once had there will not clothe or shelter them, nor is it of any value now. Clearly God is commanding that the believers stay out of the House. Again, as recorded in Mark.

Mark 13:15
  • "And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:"
God is distinguishing and separating the house, from the housetops. It is a dangerous and worthless effort to go inside the house at this time period. He that is outside the house (housetop) when they "see" the abomination calamity upon the house, should flee without delay. He should not take time to win others, or to secure any articles of apparel, or to get his stuff, or to secure bread from this house. For by doing so, he would endanger his own soul. For there is wrath upon this house, and He has been warned to flee from it. That is the warning from God in Matthew 24 to those who can "SEE" the abomination stand in the Holy place. Everyone will not see it, in fact few will have it revealed to them. But when it is, they are to proclaim it from the housetops. But not enter into the house. Consider wisely:

Luke 12:2-4
  • ""For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.
  • Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.
  • And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do."

Pay particular note to the contrasting of something being whispered in your ear, to something being proclaimed from the "housetops." In other words, the exact opposite of secretive is to make this a public announcement on the housetops. Preach the gospel message, do not sit in your closet, reveal these truths God has revealed to you, from the housetops. Be the watchman who blows the trumpet when they see danger, and don't worry about your person, being reviled, or being spoken evil against. Your job is to "Watch!" Tribulation, persecution, reviling, contempt or disdain by those unfaithful of the Church should not dissuade the Watchmen. We fear God, not man. We are God pleasers rather than men pleasers. Here again, the housetop is the place "outside the house" used to trumpet the warnings or make the announcement that all the people will hear the witness of the abomination in the Holy place. And even today, many earnest Christians have heard it in the ear (Luke 12:3) just what is Apostasy, and have seen with the eye the abominations in the house, and are indeed preaching from the housetops that many others will also see and hear.

Proverbs 25:24
  • "It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house."
Better to be on the housetop or outside the house than to live with the contentious or argumentative woman. Brawling woman, as in two diverse contending parties. For a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand.