Who wants to Judge a Man of God who lives i Health and Prosperity??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

R

Rita

No I'm thinking that it was before.

The sacrifice of the doves was at the circumcision of the child; which was when He was eight days old.

Jesus did not receive the gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh until He was 2.
No it was when Mary and Joseph went to Jerusalem for their purification. It states that they then settled in Nazareth, but according to Matthew that didn’t happen until after they were warned and fled to Egypt ( after the Magi has visited them in Bethlehem ) and after Herod had died. The purification can not take place for 40 days with a boy, but that was the earliest. So it may well have been their first act after returning. I am still reflecting on that part as matthews account of events and Luke’s don’t fit neatly together.
Rita

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it was when Mary and Joseph went to Jerusalem for their purification. It states that they then settled in Nazareth, but according to Matthew that didn’t happen until after they were warned and fled to Egypt ( after the Magi has visited them in Bethlehem ) and after Herod had died. The purification can not take place for 40 days with a boy, but that was the earliest. So it may well have been their first act after returning. I am still reflecting on that part as matthews account of events and Luke’s don’t fit neatly together.
Rita
No it was at the point when Jesus was circumcised (eight days from his birth) that the doves were sacrificed...

The wise men did not arrive until after Jesus was 2 years old.

R

Rita

I will have to check the notes I made, I was cross referencing from the Study bible and it was taking me back to Leviticus quite a bit. It’s too late here and I have just done a long day at work
Rita x

R

Rita

@justbyfaith , I haven’t forgotten about explaining my reasoning and thoughts about what we were discussing. Sorry been a really couple of busy days. I am typing some things out later today but I will probably start a new thread and tag you in it. I would be interested in what others have to say on the matter, and it will side track this thread.
Rita