Who Will Burn in Hell "Forever and Ever"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone goes to hell, nobody burns there
Obviously, billions of humans who don't believe in Hell.

Hu-MAN has a physical BODY, with life, it’s Blood.
SOUL belongs to SPIRIT God, with SPIRIT life, It’s Gods Breath.

A living man...BODY...is naturally born AGAINST God...(aka Disbelief, aka Sin)
The Soul, (Gods possession), with Gods LIFE (breath), is blown into the nostrils of a Naturally Born, Hu-MAN body.
...Body has natural BLOOD life in it.
...Body has Gods SPIRIT life in it.

The Naturally Born Body, AGAINST God, with a Living Soul OF Gods BREATH.
The Living SOUL, in a corrupt Body...Becomes itself...CORRUPT.

Gods Offering....to Man-KIND....It IS Possible and the How TO....for a man to Desire FOR God...to SAVE the corrupted living soul, IN his body.
(Called: Restoring the soul (back to VERY GOOD, as it was When God gave it to the body...)
Called: Reconciled WITH God.
Called: WITH God.
Called: in short SAVED.

....ONE WAY...in ancient days.
....TWO WAYS...for the last two thousand years.
...THREE WAYS...During the Great Tribulation of God.

1) ONE WAY....Bodily DIE Believing IN God....that soul will be saved.
2) TWO WAYS...Believe IN God, Believe IN the one He Sent (Jesus) ... CONFESS your BELIEF.......and Crucify the Body Dead, “WITH” Jesus....AND THE SOUL shall BE SAVED...that soul IS Saved then.
3) THIRD WAY......Anytime, During Last days Tribulation ...Having NOT made an allegiance to SATAN......Believe IN God ...and Believe IN Jesus the Christ and Confess Belief.........BEFORE physical BODILY Death...

( THE WARNING IS: Physical Bodily Death DURING the Tribulation....
Not LIKE NOW;
Where as now....Thousands of body’s dying of old age, diseases, accidents, murders, wars....
BUT rather:
Billions
dying of World destroying Fires, Earthquakes, Famines, Plagues and not to forget the Temporary BUT great power and authority given Satan and his armies over the whole world. )

AFTER ... on Judgement Day...
ALL body’s of men are RAISED UP...
** The LIVING SOULS of (SAVED or NOT SAVED)....enter DEAD (Bloodless, Lifeless Body’s) ... and ALL BODY’S are Raised UP ...
** ALL Body’s STAND before the JUDGE, Jesus the Christ.
** ALL Body’s SEE Him.
** ALL Body’s BELIEVE IN Him.
** ALL Body’s BEND ON KNEE (Bow down) Before Him (which is WORSHIP).

** Prophecy FULFILLED....all shall believe...all shall Bow Down...Worship Him.

THEN the Books (EVIDENCE) are opened...
* BOOK of REWARDS...list of every mans Name WHO Glorified God with the mans OWN WORDS out of his mouth......Rewards given.
* Gods BOOK of LIFE....Mans Name does not appear, BLOTTED OUT, oops, DOOMED for Destruction.
* Lambs BOOK of LIFE...Mans Name appears, He is the same man, WHO was Crucified with Jesus, Believed, Confessed, Christ’s Church, With Christ Jesus in His millennial Kingdom, Christ’s Bride... (Not a GUEST at the Wedding and Wedding Feast...rather the BRIDE...the ones participating in the “official” ADJOINING....with Guest Witnesses).

Judgements....of Man-KIND....
1) NOT Believing at the TIME; OF his BODILY DEATH.
2) NEVER receiving A restored, SAVED soul.
3) AS WELL, obviously NEVER having received “a born again spirit”.

His BLOOD life of his body.....is already DEAD.
His SOUL LIFE...is NOT restored.
God REMOVES His BREATH LIFE, from that SOUL.
Gods BREATH LIFE, Returns to God.

That mans......LIFELESS BODY......and LIFELESS SOUL....
IS: Thrown INTO the “Lake of Fire”, (in the lowest pit of Hell).

Does THAT lifeless body and lifeless soul........BURN FOREVER? No
That lifeless body and lifeless soul....IS DESTROYED.

TO DESTROY something IS to CAUSE that “something”, to no longer have a recognizable resemblance of WHAT IT ORIGINALLY “WAS”.

There shall be IN the LAKE of FIRE...NO resemblance of ... endless BURING Body’s and Souls of Human men.....OR IS THERE A CAVEAT??

IN the LAKE of FIRE...there SHALL BE...fallen Celestial Spirits...their body’s burning forever. Celestial Spirits CAN NOT DIE. Celestial Spirits DO HAVE BODY’S. Their BODY’S shall burn FOREVER, but never “burn UP” and Never become DESTROYED.

Once something IS DESTROYED, by Fire....the SMOKE CEASES.

A Celestial Spirit, can NOT BE DESTROYED. The SMOKE from a Celestial Spirit IN the Lake of Fires....SHALL rise up FOREVER...

Rev 14:
[11] And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

SO...

We looked at the Human who simply DID NOT BELIEVE ...and his body and soul DESTROYED...

WHAT ABOUT... ...........THE CAVEAT?

A Living soul, Departed OUT of “CERTAIN” non believing men?
What “IF” God NEVER removes “HIS LIFE” from that SOUL?
What “IF” THAT living soul, departed out of a mans body, REMAINS LIVING?

What Departed Living soul...departed out of a mans body....remaining a living soul.......would be a “CERTAIN” mans living soul, to BURN FOREVER and NEVER DIE? ——-> The WHO and WHY ——>

Rev 14:
[11] And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Remember...the SOUL belongs to God, the LIFE in a SOUL belongs to God...and a SOUL that has been IN a mans body....sees, hears, smells, tastes, feels everything that his physical body experienced.

(Note: Remember...Gods Promise of Vengeance?
Remember...Gods Vengeance IS upon CERTAIN particular men).
This is just one example of Certain particular men, Gods Vengeance will be exacted.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Rev 14:
Luk 16:19 There was a certain rich man who [habitually] clothed himself in purple and fine linen and reveled and feasted and made merry in splendor every day.
Luk 16:20 And at his gate there was [carelessly] dropped down and left a certain utterly destitute man named Lazarus, [reduced to begging alms and] covered with [ulcerated] sores.
Luk 16:21 He [eagerly] desired to be satisfied with what fell from the rich man's table; moreover, the dogs even came and licked his sores.
Luk 16:22 And it occurred that the man [reduced to] begging died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried.
Luk 16:23 And in Hades (the realm of the dead), being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far away, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24 And he cried out and said, Father Abraham, have pity and mercy on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.
Luk 16:25 But Abraham said, Child, remember that you in your lifetime fully received [what is due you in] comforts and delights, and Lazarus in like manner the discomforts and distresses; but now he is comforted here and you are in anguish.
Luk 16:26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who want to pass from this [place] to you may not be able, and no one may pass from there to us.
Luk 16:27 And [the man] said, Then, father, I beseech you to send him to my father's house--
Luk 16:28 For I have five brothers--so that he may give [solemn] testimony and warn them, lest they too come into this place of torment.
Luk 16:29 But Abraham said, They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear and listen to them.
Luk 16:30 But he answered, No, father Abraham, but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent (change their minds for the better and heartily amend their ways, with abhorrence of their past sins).
Luk 16:31 He said to him, If they do not hear and listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded and convinced and believe [even] if someone should rise from the dead.
AMP

Verse 23 disproves the idea of “soul sleep,” the theory that the soul is not conscious between death and resurrection. It proves that there is conscious existence beyond the grave. In fact, we are struck by the extent of knowledge which the rich man had. He ... saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. He was even able to communicate with Abraham. Calling him Father Abraham, he begged for mercy, pleading that Lazarus might bring a drop of water and cool his tongue. There is, of course, a question as to how a disembodied soul can experience thirst and anguish from flame. We can only conclude that the language is figurative, but that does not mean that the suffering was not real.

J.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 16:19 There was a certain rich man who [habitually] clothed himself in purple and fine linen and reveled and feasted and made merry in splendor every day.
Luk 16:20 And at his gate there was [carelessly] dropped down and left a certain utterly destitute man named Lazarus, [reduced to begging alms and] covered with [ulcerated] sores.
Luk 16:21 He [eagerly] desired to be satisfied with what fell from the rich man's table; moreover, the dogs even came and licked his sores.
Luk 16:22 And it occurred that the man [reduced to] begging died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried.
Luk 16:23 And in Hades (the realm of the dead), being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far away, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24 And he cried out and said, Father Abraham, have pity and mercy on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.
Luk 16:25 But Abraham said, Child, remember that you in your lifetime fully received [what is due you in] comforts and delights, and Lazarus in like manner the discomforts and distresses; but now he is comforted here and you are in anguish.
Luk 16:26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who want to pass from this [place] to you may not be able, and no one may pass from there to us.
Luk 16:27 And [the man] said, Then, father, I beseech you to send him to my father's house--
Luk 16:28 For I have five brothers--so that he may give [solemn] testimony and warn them, lest they too come into this place of torment.
Luk 16:29 But Abraham said, They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear and listen to them.
Luk 16:30 But he answered, No, father Abraham, but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent (change their minds for the better and heartily amend their ways, with abhorrence of their past sins).
Luk 16:31 He said to him, If they do not hear and listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded and convinced and believe [even] if someone should rise from the dead.
AMP

Verse 23 disproves the idea of “soul sleep,” the theory that the soul is not conscious between death and resurrection. It proves that there is conscious existence beyond the grave. In fact, we are struck by the extent of knowledge which the rich man had. He ... saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. He was even able to communicate with Abraham. Calling him Father Abraham, he begged for mercy, pleading that Lazarus might bring a drop of water and cool his tongue. There is, of course, a question as to how a disembodied soul can experience thirst and anguish from flame. We can only conclude that the language is figurative, but that does not mean that the suffering was not real.

J.

Why tell me about “soul sleep”?
I never mentioned “soul sleep”.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Randy ~

Death - physically or spiritually, simply means separated from God.
...Human Body’s are natural and physical, they die, rot, decay.
...Souls in a man, (belong to God, are spiritual. Are living, by the Breath of God who is Spirit.) They are Living, whether IN or OUT of a body.
...Spirits in a man, (who IS quickened/born again)...is Gods Spirit, and a mans new spirit, born of Gods Seed. Both IN a man, whose BODY is alive. Body dies? Living born again spirit and Gods Spirit in the man rise to Heaven, to Wait for Judgement and glorified body.

An unbeliever (bodily living or dead) is separated from God.
An unbelieving living soul in a body is separated from God.
An unbelieving disembodied living soul is separated from God.

Hades - is a Greek term referring to an underworld of disembodied souls ALSO, the underworld god.

Sheol - is a Hebrew term referring to an underworld of disembodied souls.

Hell - is an angelized term referring to an underworld of disembodied souls.
(Today, since Jesus returned to Heaven, that term refers to a place of UN-Saved, disembodied Living souls, separated from God, waiting for Judgement.)

Luke 16: 16-31 is view of hell, of Living disembodied Saved souls and Living disembodied UnSaved souls, both in the underworld and divided from each other.
(Jesus is first in all things. Jesus’ disembodied soul went to hell and preached.
Once Jesus’ Soul returned to His Body and to Heaven...Living disembodied Saved souls, no longer wait in hell for judgement. When the body dies, Living disembodied Saved souls wait in Heaven, FOR their body to be Risen in Glory, and Judgement.)

Gehenna - is more-so the imagination of what hell is like.
Gehenna../..Hinnom....(references to same place different languages)
Valley of Hinnom, appears in English Bibles.
Outside of Jerusalem is the Valley of Hinnom...In ancient days, living children, were taken to or through the Valley and burned alive.
The Fire, The Screams, The Horror....gave way to imaginations of what hell must be like.
The Valley of Hinnom is referenced in Scripture, and seen on ancient maps.
(I “think” that valley began as a Dumping ground (trash, garbage, human waste) used by the ancient residents of Jerusalem.)

Glory to God,
Taken
I agree with most everything you say here. Some areas I don't fully understand myself, such as the verse where it appears Jesus goes to Hell and preaches--I don't fully get that, though you may be right.

Pretty good summary. The only thing I would add is that unbelievers, though separated from God and His Spirit by Sin are still able to contact God and hear God and experience God. They are only separated in the sense that their nature is autonomous whereas the believer's spirit has become enmeshed with God's Spirit, giving us a whole new nature.

In the OT this connection with God is described in terms of the Old Covenant. When Israelis walked with God in obedience to His Word, they felt God, experienced God, responded to His Word and so were prosperous. This is analogous to the NT born again experience in which we know God, listen to God's word to our conscience, obey Him and regularly walk in His Spirit.

By contrast, the pagan world, who did not have the Law of Moses, still could hear God in their conscience and respond to as much as they did know, although not having the Law, they did not experience the kind of closeness and prosperity that Israel could have. This is analogous to Sinners who universally experience in their lives a "separation from God." They are autonomous and do not live in consultation with God, or listen regularly to God's voice in their conscience, guiding them by the Spirit.

So unbelievers, being able to connect with God, can understand Him and so receive the revelation of their need to repent and accept the truth. The unbeliever can choose to be saved simply by responding to God's call upon his life. You likely would agree, but whether you do or not, most of what you say I would agree with. Thanks.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A living man...BODY...is naturally born AGAINST God...(aka Disbelief, aka Sin)
The Soul, (Gods possession), with Gods LIFE (breath), is blown into the nostrils of a Naturally Born, Hu-MAN body.
...Body has natural BLOOD life in it.
...Body has Gods SPIRIT life in it.
That understanding is a religious belief of what a soul is, which was concocted by church-ianity, and is nowhere near the understanding of it, according to the KJV scriptures, through the mind of Christ's Holy Spirit. The unsaved do not have or possess God's Life in any way, shape or form.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with most everything you say here. Some areas I don't fully understand myself, such as the verse where it appears Jesus goes to Hell and preaches--I don't fully get that, though you may be right.

Pretty good summary. The only thing I would add is that unbelievers, though separated from God and His Spirit by Sin are still able to contact God and hear God and experience God. They are only separated in the sense that their nature is autonomous whereas the believer's spirit has become enmeshed with God's Spirit, giving us a whole new nature.

In the OT this connection with God is described in terms of the Old Covenant. When Israelis walked with God in obedience to His Word, they felt God, experienced God, responded to His Word and so were prosperous. This is analogous to the NT born again experience in which we know God, listen to God's word to our conscience, obey Him and regularly walk in His Spirit.

By contrast, the pagan world, who did not have the Law of Moses, still could hear God in their conscience and respond to as much as they did know, although not having the Law, they did not experience the kind of closeness and prosperity that Israel could have. This is analogous to Sinners who universally experience in their lives a "separation from God." They are autonomous and do not live in consultation with God, or listen regularly to God's voice in their conscience, guiding them by the Spirit.

So unbelievers, being able to connect with God, can understand Him and so receive the revelation of their need to repent and accept the truth. The unbeliever can choose to be saved simply by responding to God's call upon his life. You likely would agree, but whether you do or not, most of what you say I would agree with. Thanks.

Hi Randy....agree pretty close on agreeing.
Jesus Preaching to the spirits in prison...is basic. (1 Pet 3: 19) The full knowledge is more of a study. Prison denotes, can not leave, unless allowed.

Jesus’ body was dead, buried. His living soul departed His Body and at that time....all departed living souls went to hell....Saved souls on one side of a Gulf, Unsaved souls on the other side. (Luke 16: 16-19).
No departed saved souls could YET rise to Heaven, UNTIL Jesus’ soul rose up to Heaven. Because Jesus is First in all things.

1 Pet 3:
[19] By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Col 1:
[16] For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
[17] And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
[18] And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Glory to God,
Taken

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture states that " HELL" was not created for man but for the devil and his angels. It also states that it has enlarged it's mouth for those who choose to reject God.

Except for this one episode Jesus told us of I did not associate torment in hell but rather conscious eternal torment in the lake of fire.
Jesus has the  keys to death, hell and the grave ( why these keys ?) and these will be cast into the lake of fire along with the devil, his angel followers, those that  reject God, the AC and the beast.

We must face and accept this statement as FACT we look through a glass darkly meaning we lack the ability to receive the WHOLE @ this time in our mortal bodies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That understanding is a religious belief of what a soul is, which was concocted by church-ianity, and is nowhere near the understanding of it, according to the KJV scriptures, through the mind of Christ's Holy Spirit. The unsaved do not have or possess God's Life in any way, shape or form.

Hi Earburner,

Scripture is KNOWLEDGE....the Understanding of Gods Word of Knowledge, is Understanding GOD GIVES to individuals. It denotes, Spiritual Understanding.

No, “church-inanity” did not “Concoct” the understanding of what a soul IS.

God Did/Does, TWO basic things.......
DID...............CREATED
and
DOES...........MAKES

Everything God Created....WAS Created....”in the beginning”.
Everything God Makes......Began IN the beginning AND continues.

Gods “MAKING”....is what, and how God causes an EFFECT on what He has Created.

God CREATED......man-KIND...
and THEN
MADE.....man-KIND alive.

Gen 2:
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Gods “MAKING” continues...
He “MAKES” formed body’s Alive...
He “MAKES” a body dead....
He ”MAKES” souls Saved...
He ”MAKES” spirits BORN....
He “MAKES” some souls without Him....
He ”MAKES” some souls with Him....
He “MAKES” dead body’s alive....

Gods “MAKING” IS OF NO choice of a newly natural born man.
God “MAKES” that newborn ALIVE...or He doesn’t.

Gods “MAKING” of “changes” to an Alive Bodily Man:
is wholly dependent upon what every Individual man BELIEVES, and FREELY CHOOSES.

WHEN God “MAKES” “changes” TO a Bodily Alive Man:
It IS physically “unseen” by man.
MAY be “an instant noticeable feeling change”, by the man.
MAY be “a PROMISE of change for the man TO SEE later”, but is ACCOUNTED as “changed”.

God Can and Does “MAKE” souls SAVED....before a mans physical Death.
God Can and Does “MAKE” souls SAVED....after a mans physical Death.

AND TRUE.....NO LIVING SOUL, remains IN a DEAD BODY.
HOWEVER...ALL SOULS, and the LIFE IN ALL SOULS...belong to God.
(IF God ELECTS to KEEP a departed SOUL ALIVE forever...with or without Him, well...THAT is Gods own Option to do with What IS His, as He wills.)

WISDOM...
God departs Living souls OUT of DEAD bodies.
The Living souls Continue Living...WITH or SEPARATED FROM God.
Today...that WITH...is in Heaven...that SEPARATION...is in Hell.

WISDOM...
Not BELIEVING...rejecting God, IS ONE thing.
ENCOURAGING OTHERS to NOT BELIEVE....IS ANOTHER thing.
PRETENDING TO BELIEVE, in ATTEMPT to FOOL God ...IS ANOTHER thing.
PERSECUTING MEN, BECAUSE they BELIEVE....IS ANOTHER thing.

* It is broadly called Gods Vengeance, which carries BEYOND, Gods Tribulations and Wrath.

Each of those “THINGS” (scripture subtlety reveals)....HAVE DIFFERENT Consequences....FOR that LIVING SOUL.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Earburner,

Scripture is KNOWLEDGE....the Understanding of Gods Word of Knowledge, is Understanding GOD GIVES to individuals. It denotes, Spiritual Understanding.

No, “church-inanity” did not “Concoct” the understanding of what a soul IS.

God Did/Does, TWO basic things.......
DID...............CREATED
and
DOES...........MAKES

Everything God Created....WAS Created....”in the beginning”.
Everything God Makes......Began IN the beginning AND continues.

Gods “MAKING”....is what, and how God causes an EFFECT on what He has Created.

God CREATED......man-KIND...
and THEN
MADE.....man-KIND alive.

Gen 2:
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Gods “MAKING” continues...
He “MAKES” formed body’s Alive...
He “MAKES” a body dead....
He ”MAKES” souls Saved...
He ”MAKES” spirits BORN....
He “MAKES” some souls without Him....
He ”MAKES” some souls with Him....
He “MAKES” dead body’s alive....

Gods “MAKING” IS OF NO choice of a newly natural born man.
God “MAKES” that newborn ALIVE...or He doesn’t.

Gods “MAKING” of “changes” to an Alive Bodily Man:
is wholly dependent upon what every Individual man BELIEVES, and FREELY CHOOSES.

WHEN God “MAKES” “changes” TO a Bodily Alive Man:
It IS physically “unseen” by man.
MAY be “an instant noticeable feeling change”, by the man.
MAY be “a PROMISE of change for the man TO SEE later”, but is ACCOUNTED as “changed”.

God Can and Does “MAKE” souls SAVED....before a mans physical Death.
God Can and Does “MAKE” souls SAVED....after a mans physical Death.

AND TRUE.....NO LIVING SOUL, remains IN a DEAD BODY.
HOWEVER...ALL SOULS, and the LIFE IN ALL SOULS...belong to God.
(IF God ELECTS to KEEP a departed SOUL ALIVE forever...with or without Him, well...THAT is Gods own Option to do with What IS His, as He wills.)

WISDOM...
God departs Living souls OUT of DEAD bodies.
The Living souls Continue Living...WITH or SEPARATED FROM God.
Today...that WITH...is in Heaven...that SEPARATION...is in Hell.

WISDOM...
Not BELIEVING...rejecting God, IS ONE thing.
ENCOURAGING OTHERS to NOT BELIEVE....IS ANOTHER thing.
PRETENDING TO BELIEVE, in ATTEMPT to FOOL God ...IS ANOTHER thing.
PERSECUTING MEN, BECAUSE they BELIEVE....IS ANOTHER thing.

* It is broadly called Gods Vengeance, which carries BEYOND, Gods Tribulations and Wrath.

Each of those “THINGS” (scripture subtlety reveals)....HAVE DIFFERENT Consequences....FOR that LIVING SOUL.
Are you saying that animals have eternal souls? To believe what religious church-ianity says about a human soul having eternal existence, is to believe that animals have eternal existence too.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Why tell me about “soul sleep”?
I never mentioned “soul sleep”.
Never heard of soul sleep?
Do make a search on this forum on this.
Unfortunately, I don't believe in the destruction of the soul.
Hell is real, a place, and reserved not only for the fallen angels but for the porneio, the ra, kakos, Christless persons, and is everlasting, conscious torment.

J.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that animals have eternal souls?

Did I mention animals for you to ask IF I am talking about animals?

To believe what religious church-ianity says about a human soul having eternal existence...

You are the one making up a term...then making a claim that is what an other believes.

is to believe that animals have eternal existence too.

You are the one making up a term...then making a claim what an other must believe.

Come on...Individuals say what they believe.
If you are curious about something an other HAS NOT MENTIONED...ASK...
Pretending you can decide what they MUST believe....is disingenious.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never heard of soul sleep?

Yes I have heard people using the term “soul sleep”.
I Believe ALL souls and the LIFE in all souls...Belong to God.

Ezek 18:
[4] Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

I Believe LIFE of God is

John 14:
[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I Believe Gods LIFE Does NOT SLEEP.

Pss 121:
[4] Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I don't believe in the destruction of the soul.

I do believe the SOUL...(not the life IN the soul), but YES the soul itself Can be Destroyed.

Matt 10:
[28] And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Hell is real, a place, and reserved not only for the fallen angels but for the porneio, the ra, kakos, Christless persons, and is everlasting, conscious torment.

Sure. Agree, Hell is a real place.

Some background from my perspective.

* I Believe...A Person is an ALIVE (BLOOD FLOWING) body WITH a Living soul IN the Body.

* I Believe...A Body WITH a Living soul, IN the Body, IS the Conscious “senses” IN the Body.

In other words...
A BODY has ears....but it is the SOUL that hears.
A BODY has a nose...but it is the SOUL that smells.
A BODY has eyes........but it is the SOUL that sees.
Etc. regarding “senses”...

* I Believe...Living souls, depart out of Dying Body’s.
* I Believe...DEAD Body’s...KNOW NOTHING.
* I Believe...Living souls, continue Living outside of the Body;
...hears, smelling, seeing, etc.

* The Lord God......IS ABLE.....to DESTROY....both, BODY and SOUL.

* I Believe......SINCE, the Lord God IS ABLE to DESTROY both BODY and SOUL....He being ALL Powerful...IS ALSO ABLE to KEEP both/ or Either a BODY and SOUL .... FROM Destruction.

* Now...WHAT does “DESTROY” mean?
(In Brief, IMO, destroy means, to CAUSE WHAT “WAS”, to be “MADE NOT” what it WAS.)

Example: The Earth...IS Dry Land. God Destroyed the Earth...By Causing/ MAKING ALL the EARTH to Become MADE WET.

* A BODY, is a FORM its LIFE is BLOOD, (it has ears, eyes, nose, mouth, etc../organs, systems, bones, etc.)
* A SOUL, is a MAKING, via God, it’s LIFE is Gods Breath, (once MADE and entered INTO a BODY FORM, (the Bodily Form’s LIFE “senses” BECOME MADE “ALIVE”....and continue Being ALIVE.......IN or OUT of the BODY.)

Body’s Created (from dust) Souls ENTERED INTO a BODY...Make Body’s Alive.

Isa 43:
[7] Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

Isa 57:
[16] For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.

A man-KIND of BODY without a soul IN it, is NOT a Person.
A man-KIND BODY with a soul IN it, IS a Person.

A BODY with a soul IN it...ie A living PERSON...who REJECTS God..
(Even while he is living)....is accounted BY God...as DEAD.
A PERSON who REJECTS God...is a person WHOSE “rejection”...
IS...expressly Disbelief IN God....called SIN.
God has OFFERED, an Order and Way...FOR man-KIND to be Forgiven of his Disbelief (SIN)...
* God doesn’t SAVE the SAV-ED....
* God SAVES persons, DEAD IN THEIR SIN.

Col 2:
[13] And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Quickening IS ... SAVING the soul FROM destruction.
Quickening IS ... ALSO “giving a man a new heart, new seed (Gods SEED), a new birth, (birth of mans spirit born of Gods SEED), a new TRUTH, (Gods Truth), called the Spirit of Truth.”

So, ABOUT the soul... It’s Gods, It’s Life is Gods...
ALL Life (BLOOD) in a BODY....(SHALL DIE)....God requires it.

Gen 9:
[5] And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

WILL God Remove HIS LIFE, FROM a SOUL, and THAT LIFE, Return to God and GOD DESTROY the SOUL?
* We KNOW, He IS ABLE... Matt 10:28

* WILL a Lifeless BODY....which KNOWS Nothing...SUFFER “AT ALL” or “Forever”?
* WILL a Lifeless SOUL....which is VOID of Conscious LIFE...SUFFER “AT ALL” or “Forever”?

HOW? How does ANYTHING, without LIFE IN IT.....SUFFER?

It IS, Conscious LIFE that CAN SUFFER...

* Has God REMOVED His LIFE, FROM “any” souls?

I SAY No.......NOT YET.....
REASON? God IS JUST. God removing His LIFE FROM any soul, IS a result of God carrying through with a “SENTENCE”.
A “SENTENCE” comes AFTER a “JUDGEMENT”.
The JUDGEMENT, requires the Presence of the JUDGE.
The ACCUSED, must STAND Before the JUDGE, to receive his Judgement.
(THAT has not YET occurred.)

So the QUESTION IS:...
WILL
some men BE JUDGED to:
1) Be JUDGED to have REJECTED GOD....and Life in their Soul, returned to God...and their Lifeless BODY and Lifeless SOUL....Destroyed...Suffering Nothing?
2) Be JUDGED to have REJECTED GOD.....AND encouraged, promoted, advocated for OTHERS TO REJECT GOD? AND PERSECUTED OTHERS...
BECAUSE the Others.....DID BELIEVE?
*...AND Life IN THEIR SOUL, Remain FOREVER, and THAT soul Separated FROM GOD FOREVER, to SUFFER the DISMAL existence FOREVER IN the Lake of Fire?

* We DO KNOW...VENGEANCE is Exacted BY God.
* We DO KNOW...God IS JUST.
* We DO KNOW...God gave all men Freewill to Believe or Not.
* We DO KNOW...God IS HARSH AGAINST men, who persecute BELIEVERS.
* We DO KNOW...God IS HARSH AGAINST men, who advocate for others TO NOT Believe IN Him.

I do believe every individual SHALL be JUDGED justly according to the individual mans own Choices and Actions.
What SHALL become of Individual Souls presently Separated from God...in hell....Is a curious thing.....BUT has ZERO applicability to me personally, or any other person IN Christ. Praise God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I have heard people using the term “soul sleep”.
I Believe ALL souls and the LIFE in all souls...Belong to God.

Ezek 18:
[4] Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

I Believe LIFE of God is

John 14:
[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I Believe Gods LIFE Does NOT SLEEP.

Pss 121:
[4] Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
KJV Gen. 2
[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul [nephesh- animal life].
Gen. 6[17] And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.
Gen. 7[15] And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.
[22] All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

In the nostrils of all human and animal life, what was it that stopped the breath of life, whereby they no longer were living souls?
Ans. Water, aka drowning, which is a form of suffocation.
In other words, they all no longer had the breath of life in their nostrils. Which is to say, they all could no longer breathe oxygenated air.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Gen. 2
[7] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul [nephesh- animal life].
Gen. 6[17] And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.
Gen. 7[15] And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.
[22] All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

In the nostrils of all human and animal life, what was it that stopped the breath of life, whereby they no longer were living souls?
Ans. Water, aka drowning, which is a form of suffocation.
In other words, they all no longer had the breath of life in their nostrils. Which is to say, they all could no longer breathe oxygenated air.

Who is They?

Man is still a man....before, after receiving a soul, or the soul departs the man.

A mans life is Blood. The man (form/body) shall die. The life (Blood) shall die. Some forms shall be destroyed.

A souls life is Gods Breath. Some souls shall die. Some souls shall be destroyed. Some souls shall live forever. Gods life shall never die.

Mans Life (blood)....can leave the body....and the body will die.
Gods (breath of Life)... can leave a soul....and the soul will die.

And the Spirit of God and spirit of man is a whole other component of Life.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Atheists remind me of the young rabbit leaving the burrow for the first time-
MUM BUNNY- "Be careful of the fox"
YOUNG BUNNY- "It's alright, I don't believe foxes exist"
Five minutes later-
YOUNG BUNNY- "Aaargghh!!