Who would you want with you on a deserted Island?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you to please quote what part of the OP caused you to come to the conclusion that I’m saying it is ok to sin, that there will not be any change, That I am for Belief Alone Salvationism, or that I prefer Isaiah 33:10 over the New Testament?

I ask because you came and started slinging quotes from the Bible at me as if you had already decided, which you said was by the OP. Then it would be helpful if you quoted what gave you this conclusion so I can read it to see if I agree “I can see now how you come to that conclusion.”

Sorry. My deepest apologies. I did not fully read your OP. I got the wrong impression by reading your OP too fast. I thought you were saying that others would tell you “salvation lost” or “faith lost.” I thought you were fighting against those believers or Christians who believe the Bible’s teaching on how salvation can be lost and their warning of the truth of that. It just seems everywhere I turn there are those who seek to justify sin in some way. If that truly is not you… then praise God. If you need encouragement and goodness of the things of the Lord to take comfort check out my list of Christian films here:

My Christian DVD Collection

Again, my apologies.
Be encouraged in that God is good and He deeply cares for us.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry. My deepest apologies. I did not fully read your OP. I got the wrong impression by reading your OP too fast. I thought you were saying that others would tell you “salvation lost” or “faith lost.” I thought you were fighting against those believers or Christians who believe the Bible’s teaching on how salvation can be lost and their warning of the truth of that. It just seems everywhere I turn there are those who seek to justify sin in some way. If that truly is not you… then praise God. If you need encouragement and goodness of the things of the Lord to take comfort check out my list of Christian films here:

My Christian DVD Collection

Again, my apologies.
Be encouraged in that God is good and He deeply cares for us.

Oh now I see. Thank you for clarifying. Now it makes sense how you come to that conclusion. Nothing to apologize for because you may be right.

Do I believe there should be a change? Most definitely.

Do I believe one can go to church and say a little prayer and that is salvation? No.

Do I believe in the Fear of God, and the departing from evil? Yes. Very much so because I think God means what He says. And if we really thought more of that, we would consider our actions and how they affect people.

Am I for Belief alone Salvationism…I’m not even sure what that is…never hearing it called that. If I understood correctly: no, I believe there should be Fruit of the Spirit of God. Anyone can claim to believe. Especially if they think it will get them what they want, or they can use to their advantage. This was me about five years back so I’m familiar with saying you believe while thinking it will get you what you want. I might still be there, except what I want has changed.

Thank you for clarifying because I really do see how you come to that conclusion regarding the OP. I’ll read the verses you quoted again later after a shower. Especially the one you asked what it means to me.

Last edited:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you had someone with you it wouldn't be a deserted island. (tongue in cheek) I think I would like my 12 grandchildren on the island because that would mean there would never be a dull moment.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THIS GIRL!
especially if I can't have Jesus of the N. T.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had someone with you it wouldn't be a deserted island. (tongue in cheek) I think I would like my 12 grandchildren on the island because that would mean there would never be a dull moment.

lol “never a dull moment” 12 grandchildren!?!! you are brave!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh now I see. Thank you for clarifying. Now it makes sense how you come to that conclusion. Nothing to apologize for because you may be right.

Do I believe there should be a change? Most definitely.

Do I believe one can go to church and say a little prayer and that is salvation? No.

Do I believe in the Fear of God, and the departing from evil? Yes. Very much so because I think God means what He says. And if we really thought more of that, we would consider our actions and how they affect people.

Am I for Belief alone Salvationism…I’m not even sure what that is…never hearing it called that. If I understood correctly: no, I believe there should be Fruit of the Spirit of God. Anyone can claim to believe. Especially if they think it will get them what they want, or they can use to their advantage. This was me about five years back so I’m familiar with saying you believe while thinking it will get you what you want. I might still be there, except what I want has changed.

Thank you for clarifying because I really do see how you come to that conclusion regarding the OP. I’ll read the verses you quoted again later after a shower. Especially the one you asked what it means to me.

Update:

I had to remove these videos from Alan Ballou (that I posted before).

While I liked Alan Ballou’s videos before on Sanctification and putting away sin and they were really helpful, the problem is he is a false accuser of the brethren. In the YouTube comment section in this video here, Alan Ballou falsely accused me of several things that I are not actually true. I said that while I agreed with his viewpoint on how there are two aspects of salvation, I told him that I disagree with his view on “obeying the gospel.” I told him “obeying the gospel“ is defined for us in Romans 10 in that it is believing the gospel message. He also implied there was no free will when we come to the Lord (Which is Calvinism), and he used John 6 as an example. I explained to him why this is not Calvinism and instead of disagreeing in love and respect, he started to falsely accuse me (as if I had teachers, and I went to bible college - when that is not the case). I tried to tell him in love that he was falsely accusing me here, and he never replied back. You can see the conversation under the same username I use here (Bible Highlighter) with there being 16 replies to my comment to him. I refuse to watch somebody who falsely accuses other Christians

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyways, my answer would be Jesus. That is who I would want on the island with me.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I don’t believe everything Pastor Alan Balou believes, I do believe he is extremely gifted at teaching Sanctification and faith. It will help you to see where I am coming from.

Check out one of my favorite videos by him here:

I did watch the video. This is only an opinion which probably won’t make sense, because I seldom make sense. Not because others don’t have the ability to understand what I post, but because I don’t communicate well and do not say clearly what I want to say.

This is only my opinions of some points made in the video. But (wrong or right) I’m persuaded in this direction by what the word says to me. I’m not saying you have to agree, I’m only sharing my perspective (as of now and I’m not saying it can’t change) on the topic of salvation by Faith.

Will continue in another post (so this doesn’t become too long) addressing some points brought up in the video…

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I don’t believe everything Pastor Alan Balou believes, I do believe he is extremely gifted at teaching Sanctification and faith. It will help you to see where I am coming from.

Check out one of my favorite videos by him here:

for me all the arguing and debating over salvation through Faith, and the works of that Faith…become moot and void, a waste of time if…Salvation through Faith has nothing to do with seeking after our own, but instead comes through another.

In the beginning of the video he brought up Christ …saying yes he died that we may have life … “but that is not our instruction”
Disagree.
Why? Because while we were (yet) weak and without strength, he became weak that we be made strong. That is exactly what Paul taught by the example(instruction) of Christ. To me, Paul lays this out in the passage about “do no wrong” “do what is right” even though I appear to you as a reprobate. To me, this is laid out instruction on what the video goes on to talk about “Charity”. To me, Paul could have spent useless time debating his faith, debating his salvation but knew Salvation was a Gift from God. “Deliver us from evil.” That debated “Salvation” that “deliverance”, the Power of God working through “Faith” “the good fight” … “(the Spirit of God)works mighty towards you. In deliverance from the appearance of all evil. the Salvation “that comes” through and by Faith in the Son. Consider when Paul is urging them to depart from evil, to do what is right …He says “I trust you will see we are not reprobate (unapproved)”.

Consider the magnitude of “deliver us from evil” in the face of evil, what Salvation and deliverance works God, through Faith in Christ. to me Paul demonstrates “Faith” in Christ, is towards Them…that “they” have the opportunity “to do what is right” even though he may appear weak. Not that he is weak, but instead Gods’ power and His alone works, Mightily towards them. (To me this is seen in
2 Corinthians 4:12 So then death (crucified with Him) works in us, but life (quickening, giving) in you.

So what “Salvation” what “deliverance from evil” is Paul trusting in Christ for? THEIRS. (At least in my opinion) the substance and Hope of things not (yet) seen Hebrews 11:1…what is hoped for? …is Christ In Them. (Or at least in my opinion.)

Do no wrong” “do what is right” “Fear God” “depart from evil” …who gives this “deliverance” and “Salvation” from and out from the enemy…isn’t this “the Good Fight” , where He who is patient (the Fruit is Spirit of God) waits for the precious fruit. Receiving the end of your Faith? Would that precious Fruit be their doing no wrong. their Doing what is right? Is “Salvation” “Deliverance” from evil doing being asked of God, sincerely and not in vain, by Paul praying they “do what is right.” What stops by the Saving Power of Christ in the face of evil? from what surely hurts, what surely to the flesh felt weak but God is Willing “A Gift” from Him… deliver (Save) us from evil.

the video mentions: we have instructions to do all He commanded. yes but How does one fulfill the whole law…through Faith? For the Joy set before Him(Christ), He endured such a contradiction of sinners.

Disagree with how the video goes into:
I finished the race
I kept the Faith
For me, laid up is a crown of righteousness for me.
I don’t disagree with the word, but disagree with how it is perceived or accentuated as if … I, I, me …striving to grasp what can’t be grasped except through Faith unto obedience. speaking of the crown of righteousness…Paul said to them “you are my crown” the Lord will give to me. Wow. (Imo) it lines up with “whatever you ask for in My name, the Father will give it.”

would the Father give “ through (entering in through the vail, as an anchor)by Faith in Christ” what Paul prayed for? Deliverance from evil, Salvation…which he said was weak in Paul, but worked mightily to “save” “deliver” towards them. A work of Love, Imo. Not only do they get afforded the opportunity to “depart from doing evil” …Paul gets to be delivered, saved from evil by God giving their departing from evil. Paul wins, Imo. getting a taste of the Fruit of God “Salvation” from the workings of evil doing. But (again just an opinion) there is no way Paul could do or bear anything In pleading with them to depart from evil doing, affording them an opportunity to do so …unless God be for him and with him. Because Paul had no power, being weak …voicing over and over it was the mighty power of God working through Faith, always towards them.

the video mentions not shrinking back into perdition, but believe to the “saving” of our souls… again that is what I see displayed in no shrinking back in the face of evil, but Faith working to the saving of our souls …do what is right in the sight of God, do no wrong, it is God’s Will that you bring forth Fruit. “To the saving of our souls” is weak in the flesh, but the Spirit works mightily “towards you.” Philippians 1:28-30 And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. [29] For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; [30] Having the same conflict which you saw in me, and now hear to be in me.

having a good conscience was brought up in the video. ^see above. Baptism of the Spirit ^also see above.

So to me, Salvation is not something that can be lost. It is given. For example, “I was delivered out of the mouth of a lion.” Given, mightily is the power and workings of Gods “deliverance” out from the Lions mouth. We debate “salvation”
And “deliverance” lost
Or “crown of righteousness” lost
But “what I’ve entrust to God he will keep”
It was “them” entrusted…
And how can deliverance or salvation from evil be lost …if God chooses to show up…
Choose the time is now for the destruction of all evil…for instance when Paul was praying they be made perfect, that they depart from doing evil…If God grants or “Freely Gives” that which Paul is seeking …that they do what is right in the sight of God, therefore they depart from evil doings and the Fruit of God is made manifest —through the evil doings they are being called to stop doing, and by their doing what is right …”You don’t want to be found fighting against God. For if this Work be of God then nothing can overthrow it.

Salvation” “deliverance from all evil workings”
is given through and by Faith in God. There would be nothing to argue over or nothing to scorn each other over if …that “salvation” or “delivering” Comes through others departing from evil, not by our own doing but God working mighty through and by Faith, therefore God has did what He said He would do…taste and see that I am good
and we pray, standing by Faith in the Son, holding forth the message of Life in the Son; “God deliver us from (all) evil”.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who would you want with you on a deserted Island?
a pavlova cook/baker with sunglasses :cool:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what company do you want with you on a deserted island? I think about Christ temptation in the wilderness, how angels came to minister to Him.
Angels don't come to minister to my during my trials and tribulations. Not that I can tell, anyway. It would make a big difference if they did and is one of the Biblical facts that go against the idea that Jesus was tempted like the rest of humanity.

What company do I want during life's journey here on Earth, a spiritual desert? The company I need. The company that instills faith, hope and love from the fruit of the Spirit.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What company do I want during life's journey here on Earth, a spiritual desert? The company I need. The company that instills faith, hope and love from the fruit of the Spirit.

Great answer Imo. Then you wouldn’t be alone “during life’s journey here in Earth, a spiritual desert”

Angels don't come to minister to my during my trials and tribulations. Not that I can tell, anyway.

what has always stood out to me where angels (I’m thinking messengers, not angels with wings, although they might have wings consider “they will mount up in wings of eagles”), came to minister to Him in the wilderness…what it reminds me of is the passage where He spoke on you didn’t come visit when I was in prison, you didn’t give me food to eat when I was hungry, you didn’t give me water for my thirst…that angels came to minister to Him, reminds me of where He said “if you did it to one of the least of these, you did it unto Me.”

you said “Angels don't come to minister to my during my trials and tribulations.” Have you ever had someone show up at the right time; to visit, to comfort, to encourage, to edify, to
rejoice with you when you rejoice, or to weep with you when you weep? That same as what you said you would want with you in the desert…angels that come minister,
doing all things as unto Christ, for if they did it to you, then they minister to Him. ? You said The company I need. The company that instills faith, hope and love from the fruit of the Spirit.” Makes me think for sure of the company of angels that came to minsters to Christ in the wildernesses.

again, great answer. I want the same.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for me all the arguing and debating over salvation through Faith, and the works of that Faith…become moot and void, a waste of time if…Salvation through Faith has nothing to do with seeking after our own, but instead comes through another.

Which is contrary to Scripture.

We are told:

“...We are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.” (Hebrews 3:13-14).​

"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 1:21).​

"...be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." (Revelation 2:10).​

We are told to:

1. Continue in the grace of God (Acts of the Apostles 13:43).

2. Continue in the faith (Acts of the Apostles 14:22) (Colossians 1:23).

3. Continue in his goodness, otherwise we can be cut off (just like the Jews were cut off) (Romans 11:21-22).

You said:
In the beginning of the video he brought up Christ …saying yes he died that we may have life … “but that is not our instruction”
Disagree.
Why? Because while we were (yet) weak and without strength, he became weak that we be made strong. That is exactly what Paul taught by the example(instruction) of Christ.

You are referring to Romans 5:6.
Lets read it in context.

Romans 5:6-11 says,

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.”​

Notice the highlighted red words in Verse 8. This is clearly referring to the Provisional Atonement. So verses 6-10 in this passage above are referring to the Provisional Atonement.

Provisional Atonement (not "Limited Atonement").
(A 100% Work of God alone that can only be applied personally to an individual's life via by being saved by God's grace and Sanctification).

This is Jesus paying the price for the sins of the entire world so as to offer mankind the free gift of salvation (if they so choose to accept it); Note: Christ's resurrection (to give us a new body not tainted by sin one day), and the ascension to the Father (after Christ telling Mary not to touch Him), and his entering the holy temple by his blood (to be our Heavenly High Priest) is also included in the Provisional Atonement, too. (For Provisional Atonement verses, see: John 1:29, 1 John 2:2, 1 Timothy 2:6, 2 Corinthians 5:19, Romans 5:6-8.) (Note: The best way to describe the Provisional Atonement is like a man who paid the price to pay off your debts by his handing you a check to be debt free; But it is up to you to receive the check, deposit it into your checking account, and pay off those you are in debt to; It's a gift, but like all good gifts in life, you have to receive the gift and use it properly to be of any benefit). Jesus provided an atonement, but it is up to us to receive it to personally apply to our lives by having a proper faith. Men will remain as sinners if they reject the Provisional Atonement of Jesus Christ. Jesus provided a provisional atonement (salvation) in dealing with sin as a way of escape for mankind to be saved through accepting Him (Who is the gift).

In other words, Romans 5:6-10 is not talking about your present day life as a Christian. It’s talking about the atonement of when He died for us. Christ did not die so that you can remain ungodly. Titus 2:11-12 says God’s grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world. Be not deceived the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).

No offense, but you are taking Romans 5:6 out of context.

To learn about Provisional Atonement, check out this article here:

Limited Atonement vs. Provisional Atonement

You said:
To me, Paul lays this out in the passage about “do no wrong” “do what is right” even though I appear to you as a reprobate.

2 Corinthians 13:7 (KJB)
“Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.”

2 Corinthians 13:7 (Berean Literal Bible) says,
Now I pray to God for you to do nothing wrong. Not that we might appear approved, but that you may do what is right, though we might appear as unapproved.”

While I believe the KJB (King James Bible) is the perfect Word of God for us today, I believe Modern bibles in some cases can help to bring clarity to what the KJB says. This fits the context because 2 Corinthians 13:5 says,

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?” (2 Corinthians 13:5).

How do you know if Christ is in you?

1 John 2:3 basically says you can have an assurance that you know the Lord if you find you are keeping His commandments.

1 John 2:4 basically says that the person who says they know the Lord and they do not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in them.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul could have spent useless time debating his faith, debating his salvation but knew Salvation was a Gift from God. “Deliver us from evil.” That debated “Salvation” that “deliverance”, the Power of God working through “Faith” “the good fight” … “(the Spirit of God)works mighty towards you. In deliverance from the appearance of all evil. the Salvation “that comes” through and by Faith in the Son. Consider when Paul is urging them to depart from evil, to do what is right …He says “I trust you will see we are not reprobate (unapproved)”.

Consider the magnitude of “deliver us from evil” in the face of evil, what Salvation and deliverance works God, through Faith in Christ. to me Paul demonstrates “Faith” in Christ, is towards Them…that “they” have the opportunity “to do what is right” even though he may appear weak. Not that he is weak, but instead Gods’ power and His alone works, Mightily towards them. (To me this is seen in
2 Corinthians 4:12 So then death (crucified with Him) works in us, but life (quickening, giving) in you.

So what “Salvation” what “deliverance from evil” is Paul trusting in Christ for? THEIRS. (At least in my opinion) the substance and Hope of things not (yet) seen Hebrews 11:1…what is hoped for? …is Christ In Them. (Or at least in my opinion.)

Do no wrong” “do what is right” “Fear God” “depart from evil” …who gives this “deliverance” and “Salvation” from and out from the enemy…isn’t this “the Good Fight” , where He who is patient (the Fruit is Spirit of God) waits for the precious fruit. Receiving the end of your Faith? Would that precious Fruit be their doing no wrong. their Doing what is right? Is “Salvation” “Deliverance” from evil doing being asked of God, sincerely and not in vain, by Paul praying they “do what is right.” What stops by the Saving Power of Christ in the face of evil? from what surely hurts, what surely to the flesh felt weak but God is Willing “A Gift” from Him… deliver (Save) us from evil.

the video mentions: we have instructions to do all He commanded. yes but How does one fulfill the whole law…through Faith? For the Joy set before Him(Christ), He endured such a contradiction of sinners.

Disagree with how the video goes into:
I finished the race
I kept the Faith
For me, laid up is a crown of righteousness for me.
I don’t disagree with the word, but disagree with how it is perceived or accentuated as if … I, I, me …striving to grasp what can’t be grasped except through Faith unto obedience. speaking of the crown of righteousness…Paul said to them “you are my crown” the Lord will give to me. Wow. (Imo) it lines up with “whatever you ask for in My name, the Father will give it.”

Alan Ballou is only quoting Scripture. So you are simply disagreeing with what Scripture says.
(Note: Please see my updated note on him below).

For example: 1 Timothy 6:12 says, “Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.”

You don’t believe this above verse in that you have to fight the good fight of faith and lay hold on eternal life. For you, it’s all God doing it. But that’s not what the Bible teaches.

So I was right before about what you believed. No offense: You are no different than most other Christians out there today in that you deny many verses in Scripture that talk about how believers can fall away from the faith.

So my judgment of you was not incorrect. You did not come off as one who seek to teach that obedience to the faith is necessary requirement as a part of God’s plan of salvation.

Side Note:

Please keep in mind that he either does not understand the Godhead (Trinity).
Thus he speaks against those believers who do believe in it.

Update:

I had to remove these videos from Alan Ballou (that I posted before).

While I liked Alan Ballou’s videos before on Sanctification and putting away sin and they were really helpful, the problem is he is a false accuser of the brethren. In the YouTube comment section in this video here, Alan Ballou falsely accused me of several things that I are not actually true. I said that while I agreed with his viewpoint on how there are two aspects of salvation, I told him that I disagree with his view on “obeying the gospel.” I told him “obeying the gospel“ is defined for us in Romans 10 in that it is believing the gospel message. He also implied there was no free will when we come to the Lord (Which is Calvinism), and he used John 6 as an example. I explained to him why this is not Calvinism and instead of disagreeing in love and respect, he started to falsely accuse me (as if I had teachers, and I went to bible college - when that is not the case). I tried to tell him in love that he was falsely accusing me here, and he never replied back. You can see the conversation under the same username I use here (Bible Highlighter) with there being 16 replies to my comment to him. I refuse to watch somebody who falsely accuses other Christians

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:3 basically says you can have an assurance that you know the Lord if you find you are keeping His commandments.

Exactly.

1 John 2:4 basically says that the person who says they know the Lord and they do not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in them.

exactly.

I told you that you don’t have to agree but that I was only sharing my perspective. That is what makes me think I’m crazy and I do doubt, thinking Maybe you are right and I’m wrong where I’m just too hard-headed to hear it. Honestly, I don’t agree with your perspective either. You know I can’t change yours. So you should know you can’t change mine either. Dr.Phil always had this saying which Imo has a lot of truth in it: anyone forced against their will is of the same opinion still.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus Don't beat yourself up; cut down if you can, but it's not really viable for some ppl to moralize that cigarettes are not "lady-like".

I threw them away the other day, and my lighters. Then I bought a vape because of the craving. Really tried to smoke the vape for those urgings but once again it caused my throat to become raw and scratchy so much so I lost my voice. My reasoning—which seemed good at the time—was all the years I had panic attack after panic attack…where I just had to suffer through it because there was no other choice. Coming to rely on God to help me through the attacks. I thought “He will comfort the suffering. Just throw them away.” Later I was digging through the garbage…

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I threw them away the other day, and my lighters. Then I bought a vape because of the craving. Really tried to smoke the vape for those urgings but once again it caused my throat to become raw and scratchy so much so I lost my voice. My reasoning—which seemed good at the time—was all the years I had panic attack after panic attack…where I just had to suffer through it because there was no other choice. Coming to rely on God to help me through the attacks. I thought “He will comfort the suffering. Just throw them away.” Later I was digging through the garbage…
@VictoryinJesus Sorry about your voice loss recently; maybe it proves that vaping doesn't really work for you, then.

Concentrating on prayer and the Scriptures can help one looking beyond cigarettes. (If one is beating oneself up constantly about cigarettes, this can detract from prayer and the Scriptures, I guess...)

So no need to beat yourself up; and the 'it's not lady-like' thing doesn't make much sense, does it? Some ppl do successfully quit completely, while others do pursue occasional social smoking. (Is there anyone you could smoke with? and then maybe make a point of only doing social smoking...) I saw a documentary and for a lot of young ppl the social aspect of smoking was a lot more important to them than the inhales.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Christianity seems so dang hard and impossible to achieve…no wonder many leave. Exhausted and worn out. …all the voices fighting over “faith lost”, “salvation loss”,

Reader,

Salvation is a Gift. "The Gift of Salvation".

"The gifts of God are without repentance'. = "will never take it back, will never take it away".

its up to the believer to learn that Salvation is not what you do, .. its what Jesus finished on the Cross that God gives to you as "the GIFT of Salvation", and He will never repent of this Gift given.
You can't stop being born again.
"Christ in you, the hope of Glory"........is not based on if you are good or bad, or better, or perfect.
Salvation, eternal forgiveness, and being made a "new Creation" "in Christ" is not based on how you think, feel, or behave., its only based on Christ being provided to you as the only WAY to the Father, the only WAY to Heaven.
If He is in you, then you are on the way, so learn to enjoy it and rest in God's Grace.