Who would you want with you on a deserted Island?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. You brought up “contrary to sound doctrine” …that was my struggle or, the conflict I wrestled with in the OP “and of a sound mind”. Sometimes my doubting for the lack of “a sound mind”…
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

No offense, I say this in love, but this verse perfectly captures your wrong thinking in the OP, my friend.

Isaiah 30:10 says,
“…Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:”

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been considering this question —almost placed this under Health—because to me it does apply to mental health.

surely we have read the passages concerning those brought out from the House of Slavery in the OT. Concerning mental health: mind, body, and soul…consider their passage in the wilderness…

would you want complaining, doubtful, nay-saying …a company of constant “what are we going to eat?” “What are we going to drink?” A company with you that tells you over and over “you are not going to make this journey to the land.” A constant “you will fail.” A constant “God brought you out from the house of slavery to strand you here.” Prophesying over and over “God brought you out to let you die in the wilderness.” An Urging over and over, a shouting loud uproar daily “God, we were better off back where we come out from!”

It feels like this often on this board, in daily life …all the voices fighting over “faith lost”, “salvation loss”, “not able to finish the race”, “missing the mark”, “not going to be able to make it to a better land” “falling short”, “sinking” “not having sufficient food”, or “not having sufficient drink”
for a three day journey in the wilderness…to the point that it mentally sucks the potential for Life, and any mental health of focus on He who Provides stability —right out of you.
Where—with so much convincing or pleading. As if badgering you into an agreement to the certain failure—repeated daily—or certain doom of it…the certain impossibly of not having the sufficiency for the three day journey out and away from the House of slavery…
All the naying screams “turn back” … “turn back to what you came out from” … “you (we)were better off in the house of slavery, then to be brought out of God from the House of slavery, to then be here out in the wilderness with God left to die!” There comes a point you want to cover your ears, screaming in agreement that “ok, You are right! I’m not stable!!” “ok, IF you love me, then why do you want me so hard and so long to Fail!”
you want to cover your ears and to not listen anymore to the love or watching over you coming failure. But all the naying has be planted and has gotten in deep, to where even with your ears shut” you hear “you Tare!” “God, The Father, is going to pluck you up by the roots!” “you better listen to what I’m telling you in Love; or you will fail.” “Not having sufficient food.” “Not having sufficient drink.” For the three day journey in the wilderness…
In all the uproar and fear naying…fear gets planted deep, no trust gets in, no Faith gets in…the voice must be right…there isn’t sufficient food for me out here in the wilderness or sufficient drink for me out here in the wilderness … “I don’t belong in this company” failure is certainly convincingly this way, out here, leads death. “turn back, return to the house of slavery God brought you out from”! Maybe there you will find life, maybe there you will have strength.
you do as the company instructs because all the doubting has won …being planted. Doubt has grown and sprouted, grown up like a weed so they must be right, return to the House of slavery you were better off there. “Run” “turn back” or you will surely die!

Will you be missed from their company?
No.
They are too busy planting and sowing fear to see you return to that house from which God brought you out from…too busy to see they have won, too occupied shouting at God “Give us enough food to eat that we don’t starve!” “give us enough drink that we don’t go thirsty!” to care or to even notice you go back to where God brought you out from.

what company do you want with you on a deserted island? I think about Christ temptation in the wilderness, how angels came to minister to Him. And then the devil left off and depart for a while from all the badgering of tempting Christ of “you should serve me. I can give you all this!” Calling and tempting “return you Son of man to the House of Slavery” and “serve me”
and you surely won’t die. I will give you life.

In regards to our physical life: If we seek first the kingdom of God, He will provide for our basic needs (See: Matthew 6:33 cf. Matthew 6:25-34).
So if one was an island, and they were in fear of dying by not having water or food, then they are not seeking first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness. To live is Christ, and to die is gain. So any believer who truly is living correctly with the Lord has nothing to fear from God. Perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:18).

1 John 2:5-6
“But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.”

The just shall live by faith (Romans 1:17).

Hebrews 11:7
“By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.”

Not sure if you caught that. By faith Noah prepared an Ark to the saving of his house. Building the Ark was a lot of work. But Noah did it as a part of his faith. In addition, Hebrews 11:7 says Noah moved with fear in the preparing of the ark to the saving of his house. Why? Because God basically said there was a flood coming.

Peter says that the flood and Sodom are examples to all those who live ungodly thereafter.

2 Peter 2:5-6
“And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;”

So if any person is living ungodly by justifying sin in some way. Fear God. For the Lord our God is not a respecter of persons.

Most in the church today want to downplay sin and it’s real consequences.
Be not deceived. The unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
Romans 3 talks about how there are those who have no fear of God before their eyes. This is in reference to sinners or ungodly unbelievers.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been considering this question —almost placed this under Health—because to me it does apply to mental health.

surely we have read the passages concerning those brought out from the House of Slavery in the OT. Concerning mental health: mind, body, and soul…consider their passage in the wilderness…

would you want complaining, doubtful, nay-saying …a company of constant “what are we going to eat?” “What are we going to drink?” A company with you that tells you over and over “you are not going to make this journey to the land.” A constant “you will fail.” A constant “God brought you out from the house of slavery to strand you here.” Prophesying over and over “God brought you out to let you die in the wilderness.” An Urging over and over, a shouting loud uproar daily “God, we were better off back where we come out from!”

It feels like this often on this board, in daily life …all the voices fighting over “faith lost”, “salvation loss”, “not able to finish the race”, “missing the mark”, “not going to be able to make it to a better land” “falling short”, “sinking” “not having sufficient food”, or “not having sufficient drink”
for a three day journey in the wilderness…to the point that it mentally sucks the potential for Life, and any mental health of focus on He who Provides stability —right out of you.
Where—with so much convincing or pleading. As if badgering you into an agreement to the certain failure—repeated daily—or certain doom of it…the certain impossibly of not having the sufficiency for the three day journey out and away from the House of slavery…
All the naying screams “turn back” … “turn back to what you came out from” … “you (we)were better off in the house of slavery, then to be brought out of God from the House of slavery, to then be here out in the wilderness with God left to die!” There comes a point you want to cover your ears, screaming in agreement that “ok, You are right! I’m not stable!!” “ok, IF you love me, then why do you want me so hard and so long to Fail!”
you want to cover your ears and to not listen anymore to the love or watching over you coming failure. But all the naying has be planted and has gotten in deep, to where even with your ears shut” you hear “you Tare!” “God, The Father, is going to pluck you up by the roots!” “you better listen to what I’m telling you in Love; or you will fail.” “Not having sufficient food.” “Not having sufficient drink.” For the three day journey in the wilderness…
In all the uproar and fear naying…fear gets planted deep, no trust gets in, no Faith gets in…the voice must be right…there isn’t sufficient food for me out here in the wilderness or sufficient drink for me out here in the wilderness … “I don’t belong in this company” failure is certainly convincingly this way, out here, leads death. “turn back, return to the house of slavery God brought you out from”! Maybe there you will find life, maybe there you will have strength.
you do as the company instructs because all the doubting has won …being planted. Doubt has grown and sprouted, grown up like a weed so they must be right, return to the House of slavery you were better off there. “Run” “turn back” or you will surely die!

Will you be missed from their company?
No.
They are too busy planting and sowing fear to see you return to that house from which God brought you out from…too busy to see they have won, too occupied shouting at God “Give us enough food to eat that we don’t starve!” “give us enough drink that we don’t go thirsty!” to care or to even notice you go back to where God brought you out from.

what company do you want with you on a deserted island? I think about Christ temptation in the wilderness, how angels came to minister to Him. And then the devil left off and depart for a while from all the badgering of tempting Christ of “you should serve me. I can give you all this!” Calling and tempting “return you Son of man to the House of Slavery” and “serve me”
and you surely won’t die. I will give you life.

Also, warning others to obey or they will perish is not a message that they will fail. Telling others that they need to have food and water to survive on an island are not being irresponsible. If you ever watch any survival show, people have to do certain things to survive in harsh environments in the wild (with either extreme heat, and or cold with no fresh water and or no food). You need water and food to live. Sure you can pray. God can deliver us. I believe that. But at the same time, there are situations that would call you to move because you love others. For example: In an alternate universe: If you and your family were stranded in the wild with no food and water around, you would not want to let your family perish by starving or dying of thirst. Therefore, you would go out and do what was necessary to try and feed them and give them water. If you just sat there and listened to your child cry because he was hungry and dying of thirst telling him to shut up and doing nothing is not the solution. Telling your child to just tell you good things or smooth things and to prophesy deceit for you is going to be a false comfort when they die.

The person who warns us about what could happen is doing so because they care and love you and they don’t want to see you perish. They don’t want you to fail but to survive. Fearing God is not about us failing. Warning others about certain dangers or in going down the wrong path in falling away is to keep us on the right path and not to stray. If one believes there are no dangers in their spiritual walk with God, then one is deceived. We have to fight the good fight of faith and lay hold on eternal life. It’s why we have to put on the whole armor of God so as not to be deceived by the wiles (schemes) of the devil.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we warn other believers to obey God or they will perish this is not a message that they will fail.
Granted, a person who is overly concerned with the basic needs to the point of paranoia is not healthy, but I would rather have a person who kept me alive even if they were a little overly concerned with their own survival on an island. If this person kept me alive and healthy, I would rather have them than a person who simply did not care if they lived or died on the island and or they did not care about looking for proper food or water or a shelter.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you even look at the context? My guess is you did not.
Lets look at another similar verse.

Romans 8:15
“For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

I have read it in context. you brought up several times in your post that followed… “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling” every time (unless I’ve misunderstood) Paul was having to defend himself against the attacks of being called a reprobate. They wanted proof Christ was speaking in Paul. 2 Corinthians 13:3. Do you get that …They wanted proof. Hence “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” “Examine yourself”
Else where the beginning of wisdom is to fear God, and to depart from evil. out from the Fear of God=An evident action corresponds.depart from evil.

To me: their time for an evident action that corresponds to and as a result of:Fear and Trembling had arrived. Paul instructs them often to do no evil against him, even though they think he is a reprobate…because that is what the scriptures say “if you love those only who love you, and don’t love (those you consider) your enemies” what more do you do than the pagans? To me Paul is urging them to not only talk the big talk, but to practice what they talk. To me, Paul could easily say to them the same as James says in “do you have faith? O vain man…I will show you my faith by my works.” Did Paul depart from doing evil? Do we deny Paul was showing “Faith” in “we are happy when we are weak, and you made strong. This we hope…your perfection.” What? Perfect love cast out fear, he who fears has not been made perfect in love. How did it move from “you want proof Christ speaks in me.” As Paul said to them…to First) work out your own salvation with fear and trembling…possibly Paul was seeking where is the Fear of God you claim, from where there comes a “departing from evil.” —yet who is asking for “proof” …they were.
because even the demons tremble…the beginning of the Wisdom that descends not from man, but instead comes down from above and given of God …is to depart from evil. Paul urges “I trust you will know we are not reprobate” “do no evil brothers, even though I seem to you as a reprobate” whom now you boast against me (Paul) by saying I don’t love you because I tell you the truth. Important is (Imo) Paul wasn’t wanting them to remain or to stay in fear and trembling which is the beginning, to depart from evil —but so much Paul desired (or at least that is what I hear) their moving on from fear and trembling —to the act of doing what they say.
On to; the perfect love which cast fear, for he who fears has not been made perfect in love. (Yet)

Paul wishing for their being made perfect to me seems to imply he could see something was lacking, which is the beginning The Fear of God Was lacking, by which comes the departing from evil as they had yet to “do no evil” not so we appear approved (that is not the evil here) but “Approve” yourselves.

to me it isn’t Paul desire they be stuck at “fear and trembling” because even the demons tremble but, by departing from evil …let us move on to Perfection which comes from “do no evil” “even though you consider us reprobates” …because the Fathers perfection is that He causes it to rain on the just and the unjust alike.

Point is, Fear has its place for example some save by fear, but also compassion has its place…and on some have compassion.
Jude 1:21-23 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. [22] And of some have compassion, making a difference: [23] And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
BUT in all things looking for Mercy. To me Paul was looking for Mercy from them to have compassion upon those they consider reprobate.
He may have desired to save them by The fear of God, but He also desired their compassion so much so Paul as willing himself to be weak, for their opportunity of the Spirit of God to bear fruit . Looking for that Mercy.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In regards to our physical life: If we seek first the kingdom of God, He will provide for our basic needs
Odd that when I went to see a counselor she spoke on the basic needs of children …odd that she did not mention food, clothing, water…from a healthy functioning productive side the “basic needs” that she said rarely are wholeheartedly ever met is something deeper. Resulting in an ever searching for the wrong kind of love, searching for those basic needs they did not have as a child going after money thinking it will fill those basic needs never met, or relationships that might fix, that starving or hunger for acceptable, to be loved, nurtured and held, valued, seen…the point in counseling was opportunity of those “basic needs” always a little beyond our reach…but none-the-less going hard at finding something to soothe those basic needs all children need …to be whole, functional, productive, and content. A perspective.

you said “In regards to our physical life: If we seek first the kingdom of God, He will provide for our basic needs”
Could be wrong but to me the basic needs are Spiritual and come first, if their is to be contentment, health, productivity, wholeness.
To me that comes with “partakers of the divine nature”…not for a second do I think God defines “basic needs” the same way we define “basics needs” nor our definition of what is added by seeking first His righteousness (which reminds me of His divine nature), but “all these things will be added unto you” “the basic needs” 2 Peter 1:4-7 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. [5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

God knows you have a need of…
Faith
Virtue (strength)
Knowledge
Temperance
Patience
Godliness
Brotherly kindness
Charity
For if these things be in you
God knows you have a need …sending His Son that you may have what you need to be fruitful in Christ.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Odd that when I went to see a counselor she spoke on the basic needs of children …odd that she did not mention food, clothing, water…from a healthy functioning productive side the “basic needs” that she said rarely are wholeheartedly ever met is something deeper. Resulting in an ever searching for the wrong kind of love, searching for those basic needs they did not have as a child going after money thinking it will fill those basic needs never met, or relationships that might fix, that starving or hunger for acceptable, to be loved, nurtured and held, valued, seen…the point in counseling was opportunity of those “basic needs” always a little beyond our reach…but none-the-less going hard at finding something to soothe those basic needs all children need …to be whole, functional, productive, and content. A perspective.

you said “In regards to our physical life: If we seek first the kingdom of God, He will provide for our basic needs”
Could be wrong but to me the basic needs are Spiritual and come first, if their is to be contentment, health, productivity, wholeness.
To me that comes with “partakers of the divine nature”…not for a second do I think God defines “basic needs” the same way we define “basics needs” nor our definition of what is added by seeking first His righteousness (which reminds me of His divine nature), but “all these things will be added unto you” “the basic needs” 2 Peter 1:4-7 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. [5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

God knows you have a need of…
Faith
Virtue (strength)
Knowledge
Temperance
Patience
Godliness
Brotherly kindness
Charity
For if these things be in you
God knows you have a need …sending His Son that you may have what you need to be fruitful in Christ.

You are ignoring what I just said. I said you seek FIRST the kingdom of God and his righteousness…. Then the basic needs will be met.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read it in context. you brought up several times in your post that followed… “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling” every time (unless I’ve misunderstood) Paul was having to defend himself against the attacks of being called a reprobate. They wanted proof Christ was speaking in Paul. 2 Corinthians 13:3. Do you get that …They wanted proof. Hence “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” “Examine yourself”
Else where the beginning of wisdom is to fear God, and to depart from evil. out from the Fear of God=An evident action corresponds.depart from evil.

Sorry. It still doesn’t sound like you believe Philippians 2:12 in that you need to fear God in working out your salvation. Your attitude in the OP is contrary to Philippians 2:12.

You said:
To me: their time for an evident action that corresponds to and as a result of:Fear and Trembling had arrived. Paul instructs them often to do no evil against him, even though they think he is a reprobate…because that is what the scriptures say “if you love those only who love you, and don’t love (those you consider) your enemies” what more do you do than the pagans? To me Paul is urging them to not only talk the big talk, but to practice what they talk. To me, Paul could easily say to them the same as James says in “do you have faith? O vain man…I will show you my faith by my works.” Did Paul depart from doing evil? Do we deny Paul was showing “Faith” in “we are happy when we are weak, and you made strong. This we hope…your perfection.” What? Perfect love cast out fear, he who fears has not been made perfect in love. How did it move from “you want proof Christ speaks in me.” As Paul said to them…to First) work out your own salvation with fear and trembling…possibly Paul was seeking where is the Fear of God you claim, from where there comes a “departing from evil.” —yet who is asking for “proof” …they were.
because even the demons tremble…the beginning of the Wisdom that descends not from man, but instead comes down from above and given of God …is to depart from evil. Paul urges “I trust you will know we are not reprobate” “do no evil brothers, even though I seem to you as a reprobate” whom now you boast against me (Paul) by saying I don’t love you because I tell you the truth. Important is (Imo) Paul wasn’t wanting them to remain or to stay in fear and trembling which is the beginning, to depart from evil —but so much Paul desired (or at least that is what I hear) their moving on from fear and trembling —to the act of doing what they say.
On to; the perfect love which cast fear, for he who fears has not been made perfect in love. (Yet)

Paul wishing for their being made perfect to me seems to imply he could see something was lacking, which is the beginning The Fear of God Was lacking, by which comes the departing from evil as they had yet to “do no evil” not so we appear approved (that is not the evil here) but “Approve” yourselves.

to me it isn’t Paul desire they be stuck at “fear and trembling” because even the demons tremble but, by departing from evil …let us move on to Perfection which comes from “do no evil” “even though you consider us reprobates” …because the Fathers perfection is that He causes it to rain on the just and the unjust alike.

Point is, Fear has its place for example some save by fear, but also compassion has its place…and on some have compassion.
Jude 1:21-23 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. [22] And of some have compassion, making a difference: [23] And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
BUT in all things looking for Mercy. To me Paul was looking for Mercy from them to have compassion upon those they consider reprobate.
He may have desired to save them by The fear of God, but He also desired their compassion so much so Paul as willing himself to be weak, for their opportunity of the Spirit of God to bear fruit . Looking for that Mercy.

It sounds like you are trying to explain away Philippians 2:12 because you don’t like what it says.
I don’t have that problem. I just read it and believe it.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are ignoring what I just said. I said you seek FIRST the kingdom of God and his righteousness…. Then the basic needs will be met.

I heard you. All I meant was consider what are “and all these things will be added u to you” ?
Matthew 6:31-33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

2 Peter 1:5-8 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. [8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Tecarta Bible

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I heard you. All I meant was consider what are “and all these things will be added u to you” ?
Matthew 6:31-33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

2 Peter 1:5-8 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. [8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Tecarta Bible
Hi @VictoryinJesus Great verses there...........

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry. It still doesn’t sound like you believe Philippians 2:12 in that you need to fear God in working out your salvation. Your attitude in the OP is contrary to Philippians 2:12.

It sounds like you are trying to explain away Philippians 2:12 because you don’t like what it says.
I don’t have that problem. I just read it and believe it.

that is because you are better. There is no way I can measure up. See…the message I hear is “you don’t like what it says.” (Your words not mine. Concerning how you feel about me.)

then about yourself “I don’t have that problem. I just read and believe.”

that was the true intent of the OP. I don’t think I would want that with me on a deserted island, or during a three day journey in the wilderness. (Even though you say it is speaking the truth in love.)

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tecarta Bible

Not sure why you are highlighting a verse that I posted out you and you are repeating it as if I did not agree with it.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is because you are better. There is no way I can measure up. See…the message I hear is “you don’t like what it says.” (Your words not mine. Concerning how you feel about me.)

then about yourself “I don’t have that problem. I just read and believe.”

that was the true intent of the OP. I don’t think I would want that with me on a deserted island, or during a three day journey in the wilderness. (Even though you say it is speaking the truth in love.)

It has nothing to do with being better. It has to do with believing the Bible. The New Testament talks about Jesus warning us about how sin can destroy our bodies and the New Testament talks about the fear of God and it talks about falling away. But you don’t like those things in your New Testament and so you prefer Isaiah 33:10.

Again, Isaiah 30:10 says,
“…Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:”

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure why you are highlighting a verse that I posted out you and you are repeating it as if I did not agree with it.
sorry, I wasn’t sure. Good, something we found we can agree on.
Faith
Virtue (strength)
Knowledge
Temperance
Patience
Godliness
Brotherly kindness
Charity

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry, I wasn’t sure. Good, something we found we can agree on.
Faith
Virtue (strength)
Knowledge
Temperance
Patience
Godliness
Brotherly kindness
Charity

I believe the fruits of the Spirit only apply to those believers who are not seeking to downplay the fear of God or how sin can destroy our souls. Perfect love casts out fear is in regards to how we perfect the love of God by obeying Him. A belief alone in Jesus with no real change in our life is not going to amount to much and the same rule applies if one thinks they can do both good and evil as a believer. One can talk of the fruits of the Spirit, but they need to have a right foundation to begin with in regards to sin and salvation. Walk after the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with being better. It has to do with believing the Bible. The New Testament talks about Jesus warning us about how sin can destroy our bodies and the New Testament talks about the fear of God and it talks about falling away. But you don’t like those things in your New Testament and so you prefer Isaiah 33:10.

Again, Isaiah 30:10 says,

I believe the fruits of the Spirit only apply to those believers who are not seeking to downplay the fear of God or how sin can destroy our souls. Perfect love casts out fear is in regards to how we perfect the love of God by obeying Him. A belief alone in Jesus with no real change in our life is not going to amount to much and the same rule applies if one thinks they can do both good and evil as a believer. One can talk of the fruits of the Spirit, but they need to have a right foundation to begin with in regards to sin and salvation. Walk after the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).

In both instances above and maybe I misunderstood but you seem to be scolding by saying “But you don’t like those things in your New Testament and so you prefer Isaiah 33:10.” Or at least that is how I’m taking it.
so I ask, please point out where you think I said or even implied to go on sinning, or where you feel I said or implied there shouldn’t be a change?

And why mention Isaiah 33:10? Did I say somewhere about preferring Isaiah 33:10 over the New Testament? If so, can you please point that out also? There must be something I posted that made you think these things, something you feel was very wrong?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In both instances above and maybe I misunderstood but you seem to be scolding by saying “But you don’t like those things in your New Testament and so you prefer Isaiah 33:10.” Or at least that is how I’m taking it.
so I ask, please point out where you think I said or even implied to go on sinning, or where you feel I said or implied there shouldn’t be a change?

And why mention Isaiah 33:10? Did I say somewhere about preferring Isaiah 33:10 over the New Testament? If so, can you please point that out also? There must be something I posted that made you think these things, something you feel was very wrong?

By your OP I get the impression like you believe like the majority of Christians who hold to Belief Alone Salvationism.

For example: Do you believe that 1 John 1:8 is basically saying that you will always sin this side of Heaven?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By your OP I get the impression like you believe like the majority of Christians who hold to Belief Alone Salvationism.

again, can you quote what made you think in the OP that I hold to “belief alone Salvationism.”
It would help in allowing me to see what comes across to others as that.

For example: Do you believe that 1 John 1:8 is basically saying that you will always sin this side of Heaven?

again, I don’t see how you got that from the OP. That from the OP you gathered I believe what? That sinning is okay, support there is no change, because we go on sinning anyways?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again, can you quote what made you think in the OP that I hold to “belief alone Salvationism.”
It would help in allowing me to see what comes across to others as that.

again, I don’t see how you got that from the OP. That from the OP you gathered I believe what? That sinning is okay, support there is no change, because we go on sinning anyways?

What is your interpretation on 1 John 1:8?
Do you believe Jesus takes away your future sin because of a belief in Jesus as your Savior?
If you are not for Belief Alone Salvationism then how do you view salvation?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your interpretation on 1 John 1:8?
Do you believe Jesus takes away your future sin because of a belief in Jesus as your Savior?
If you are not for Belief Alone Salvationism then how do you view salvation?

I asked you to please quote what part of the OP caused you to come to the conclusion that I’m saying it is ok to sin, that there will not be any change, That I am for Belief Alone Salvationism, or that I prefer Isaiah 33:10 over the New Testament?

I ask because you came and started slinging quotes from the Bible at me as if you had already decided, which you said was by the OP. Then it would be helpful if you quoted what gave you this conclusion so I can read it to see if I agree “I can see now how you come to that conclusion.”